Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2022 4:06 PM
Feb 2018
fuck it, it never happened
Oct 30, 2022 6:42 PM

Feb 2022
made me cry, beautiful and depressing ending tbh. but all in all nice conlusion of the show.
Oct 30, 2022 10:53 PM
Oct 2017
Man this episode was so fucking good, that it gave me Dead Leaves vibes, and Dead Leaves is my favorite anime of all time!

This is like Dead Leaves but with feels instead of humour.

I wonder if the director of Dead Leaves is on this.

I ended up liking Rebecca, she's cool.

And Lucy is nice.

And well, yeah, the story is not like mega hyper great, but you know, this is just promotional material for a game. It is a straightforward story about the lifes of some people, and I was fine with that. The pacing could have been better because it slowed down a bit around the middle, they stopped doing cliffhangers after episode 3 and there was little sense of urgency until Lucy was taken by Faraday, so if you got disappointed by that, I get it. On my end, I can't deny I did enjoy this pretty much, I am a sucker for cyberpunk stuff. Maybe I should finally watch Ghost in the Shell Standalone complex...
HazamelisOct 30, 2022 11:15 PM
Oct 30, 2022 10:55 PM
Oct 2017
Ha! He totally is! The director of Dead Leaves is on this.

I knew it, I so fucking knew it
Man it's really nice to recognize the style of someone in a work
It feels like perceiving their personality.
Oct 31, 2022 5:48 AM
Oct 2019
Un anime fabuleux un des rares capable de faire ressentir autant d'émotions
Oct 31, 2022 7:23 AM

Sep 2021
W. T. F. Really hoped for a happy ending but oh well, I'll just cry. 😭😭😭😭😭
Oct 31, 2022 2:13 PM

Feb 2018
Becca got literally.. smashed by Smasher >_<. Never would I thought that Cyberpunk would end on a note like it did. Great animation, characters and music. Lots of feels and for it having only 10 episodes it was amazing to binge. Never felt like a second was wasted and honestly many of the episodes felt 5 min long. This was such a fun ride .. :')
Nov 1, 2022 12:54 AM
Nov 2019
Ok right, Cyberpunk Edgerunners, kind of started watching this when the hype sorta kind of died down, thought it would change my viewing experience, didn't really make a difference though. I'm all for killing off side characters and even main characters when done tastefully but I guess the writers wanted to BRUTALLY EXECUTE them. Couldn't we just keep one other character that I liked besides Lucy?!? Like why did they have to do our girl Rebecca so dirty? She was just chilling, doing her fucking job, when Adam Smasher done smashes her into the fucking pavement like literally RKO's her. So much build-up and care put into these characters and like they just die and die and die and die and die and fucking die. Do you know what show this reminds me of? Huh? Akame ga Kill (every single character except the main female). Maybe that's why I wasn't completely blown away. (enjoyment 7.9/10)

However, however, there is a lot of good that this anime does. For one, the soundtrack. Gahdamn that shit slaps harder than a motha fucka, wow. More specifically, that song that they played on the moon. I was turning up to that shit the first time I heard it, like damn this shit is a bop. Then I put the show on hold for like a month. Thaaaan once i picked it back up i had totally forgotten that song. So to my surprise in the last episode, I'm just like completely taken aback when Lucy and David are falling from the sky, next to the moon, in each others arms, starring into each other's eyes, knowing that David finna die and then the fucking forgotten BANGER song starts playing! At this point, I'm having goosebumps, and they like meet up with the crew at the bottom after. Safe and sound. I'm all like yay everyone's safe and then ... oh my bad I'm going on a tangent again about killing characters I like. Anyways very solid show, I could write more, maybe about the plot or the pacing or maybe the art, but I'm tired, and according to my calculations this show, in my opinion, is a solid low 9/10 very well done, kinda killed my vibe (literally) but they made me feel things so I guess that just means it was well written.
Nov 1, 2022 11:44 PM

Jul 2022
"Sorry, we can't go to the moon together"
Nov 2, 2022 8:03 PM
Jan 2021
As tragic as this ending is, it's honestly one of the best endings that can happen for the characters. It's so bittersweet and had me bawling my eyes out, Rebecca despite dying died being herself, she died being the best friend David could have, and she didn't just die some petty death, she died at the hands of the legendary Adam Smasher. Lucy and David may not have been together at the end, but they had closure, they did what they can for each other and managed to communicate it at the end, that's something that many can't say in Night City, and David died a legend with a smile on his face, while Lucy managed to get to the moon, even though I'm sure her dream changed to wanting to be there with David or for David to be safe, I hope she can find solace knowing that she achieved both her original dream and David's dream of her reaching it. Falco was alive to tell the tale, Kiwi despite her betrayal even though her actions in the end was far from enough to redeem her, she atleast died on an ok note. Also thank God that 4 eyed guy got what was coming for him. My point is that no matter how sad this ending is, there's sweetness in there too. 5 Stars I loved it, I'm off to kill Adam Smasher now.
Nov 2, 2022 9:09 PM
Sep 2022
I watched the final fight thinking 'hmm how's he going to turn this around?'. The answer is nope, just get owned and die. I forgot this isn't shonen lol

Overall a nice series
Nov 3, 2022 5:12 AM
Oct 2022
Well, I expected this ending and of course preparing for it but that really hits hard.
Nov 3, 2022 7:55 AM
Apr 2020
An absolute banger
Nov 3, 2022 5:17 PM
Jan 2019
Such a good anime, i cried so hard
Nov 3, 2022 8:38 PM

Mar 2017
damn boy this screenwriter is a monster
Nov 4, 2022 11:38 AM

May 2015
Damn, all those memes about the song before and after cyberpunk edgerunners I just laughed at and now that I've actually watched the show its painfully relatable.

Also, did they indirectly show us Lucy killing herself? Like that moon trip they showed earlier in the show about being a one way trip for 250,000 and from what I remember I only saw old people on the transport. So essentially from what I can tell Lucy went to a one way trip to the moon with no intention of getting back.
DarknessRealityNov 4, 2022 8:24 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 4, 2022 1:48 PM
Aug 2022
is best anime thanks
Nov 4, 2022 9:44 PM
Nov 2022
10/10 actually goes hard
Nov 4, 2022 9:54 PM

Aug 2018
...Fuck :'(
This episode really...wow
David was able to rescue Lucy, but...he was already doomed.
At least Lucy got to go to the moon...:')
I was hesitant to finish the series because I had already spoiled it for myself, but I still wanted to watch it. And really...it's been a very cool anime.
Trigger did a very good job.

Nov 5, 2022 6:53 AM
Apr 2021
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
Nov 5, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2014
awesome ride, really was hoping to see lucy and david together
Nov 5, 2022 7:12 PM
Aug 2020
NOOOOOOOOOOO, i cried, this was so heartbreaking. also why didn't they have david fade out, not just pop out of existence on the last scene 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Nov 6, 2022 4:32 AM

Mar 2017
I think we all knew David wasn’t going to survive this anime but man… that doesn’t make it any less painful.

The last scene with Lucy on the moon was extra heartbreaking because she’s all alone again.

Why do these cyberpunk anime never have a happy ending?! 😭😭😭😭
Nov 6, 2022 7:07 AM
Jul 2013
I want to see david smack adam smasher atleast once, it can be so satisfying
Nov 6, 2022 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
What a run this was! What saddens me the most is that it's all gone, all the characters etc, i doubt they will reuse them for any possible future projects.
I did love watching this anime, even though the ending was unfortunately predictable, at least for David :/
RIP David Martinez

I honestly had that 1% of hope that he would somehow survive and all that and he would go with Lucy to the moon, but it is what it is and we have to appreciate what we have. Not to mention that he achieved his dreams, even if it wasn't in the best way he did, sent Lucy to space, stood on top of Arasaka, and did what Maine wanted to do, those were his goals, we were just "blind" not seeing it.
If they wish to do anything in the future, that would be great, would love to see another adventure or even maybe a spinoff with the characters, like in another universe, but with a more positive ending lmao

I still have some doubts but this was at least a 9/10, the story was very interesting and always captivating, and the art style and OST holy hell! Those were insanely good! But i wish it wasn't as Cyberfeels Feelrunners as it was.
I'll definitely miss this! And one thing is for sure, time to buy a new PC and play Cyberpunk 2077.

No, i am definitely not crying, it's onions...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 7, 2022 12:36 AM
Dec 2021
I wish I could forget how sad the ending was 🥲
I am depressed I can't sleep lmao.
Nov 9, 2022 8:41 PM
Mar 2020
DDDDDDDDDDDDDFDFasdasdasdadasdasdx545454gff
Nov 10, 2022 2:59 PM
Aug 2021
Good story thread and fits well with the cyberpunk theme. The storyline is rushed and some charaters seem unexplored, although it is understanding given the timeframe it tries to cover within the number of episodes
Nov 11, 2022 2:32 AM
Oct 2022
David died from ligma
Nov 12, 2022 9:33 AM
Nov 2022
Carajo, le doy gracias a dios de haberme hecho fan de cyberpunk
Nov 12, 2022 10:13 PM
Jan 2021
gassy gas gas gas.
Nov 13, 2022 2:18 AM
Aug 2022
Damn this its hard.... ahnn loved the anime
Nov 13, 2022 9:03 AM
Jul 2010
great action-packed finale
Nov 13, 2022 1:39 PM
Oct 2019
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Nov 13, 2022 7:11 PM
Nov 2018
Sad...Very sad :/
Nov 14, 2022 3:23 PM
Jan 2021
veri good it was veriy good i think
Nov 14, 2022 5:09 PM
Nov 2022
W show 14/10 masterpiece
Nov 15, 2022 2:50 AM

Apr 2016
This show had everything I've always asked for an anime, but still feels a bit frustrating because I think it deserved 2 or 3 more episodes...
While I don't like shows to be dragged for too long, 10 episodes including a timeskip felt a bit rushed... still a 10/10 for me
Nov 15, 2022 5:21 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Damn this ended so bad. I was afraid all the time Lucy would have died, instead Rebecca died and it still sucked because I loved her as well. Plus Lucy lost David and it's heartbreaking, he was great too but followed the same self-destructive dooming path of Maine. If it wasn't for that Adam Smasher, who ruined everything, at least the four remaining character would see a happy ending (maybe not David but there would have been still a chance).
Beside that great watch with top tier animation and sound editing by Trigger which doesn't disappoint. 8.5/10
Nov 17, 2022 10:29 AM
Nov 2021
it was depressing and sad
Nov 18, 2022 3:10 AM
Nov 2016
I've never played the game, I'm new to this franchise so I came to this anime with an empty mind and I was quickly amazed by it, I watched it with the English dub, and boy, they did an amazing job with the English dub, the voices were on point!

However... this anime started losing quality after the time skip, unfortunately, it was still decent but it was degrading and sadly, the last 2 episodes aren't that good, they were bad actually, too damn rushed, and too chaotic, shit just didn't make sense anymore, I also didn't like that they were basically one-man armies, that tiny group of people was fighting a whole army and they didn't die due to plot armor, the bad guys suddenly had stormtroopers aim and couldn't hit a single coconut even if they have it in front of them, this is just too lazy, I don't like it at all, and on top of that chaotic moment they are joking around or having fun or whatever, like seriously, I don't want fucking comedy in serious moments, I hate it! I want the serious moments to stay serious, the comedy can come later, there is a time and place for comedy, and having comedy in serious moments is the shittiest thing you can do!

So yeah, the anime is still good but the last 2 episodes are on the trashy side. I'm not surprised that David died, it was pretty damn obvious that he wouldn't make it out alive and too bad Rebecca died, I really liked that girl and liked her comedy, but I didn't like her comedy in the last 2 episodes though, it's not the time or place for comedy so it was bad but I still liked Rebecca and they did her dirty with her death, goddamn, I wanted to see her in the 2nd season or whatever, what a waste of a great character so RIP, I'm glad Lucy made it out alive though, I definitely want to see more of her in the 2nd season... whenever that may be.

So yeah, this is a great anime that got ruined with the last 2 episodes and because of it, I will give it a 8.5 but I can't rate the anime like that here so I have to round it down to either 8.0 or 9.0 and since I freaking love a good chunk of this anime, I will end my rating with a:

9/10
Nov 18, 2022 5:45 PM
Aug 2020
IM SO FUCKING SAD I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE. THE AGONY THIS ANIME HAS PUT ME THROUGH. GODDAMIT I COULD SEE HER RIB CAGE!! REBECCA WHYYYYY
Nov 19, 2022 1:21 PM
Jun 2022
Glad they didn’t kill my boy Falco
Nov 19, 2022 11:03 PM
Jun 2022
Excelente final lucy cumplio su sueño
Nov 20, 2022 2:25 AM
Oct 2020
I just love it , especially David Character ♡
Nov 20, 2022 7:33 AM
Nov 2018
They should let David live or make him take the other guy with him in the end. I mean they'll still hunt Lucy, won't they? Oh is that the 2nd season?
Nov 22, 2022 5:03 AM
Jan 2021
such a sad ending, at least she went to the moon
Nov 24, 2022 4:02 PM
Mar 2014

Cyberpunk themes always end in sadness of course.

I thought either Lucy or David were going to kick the bucket because Lucy had flags all over.

But the moment David confirmed he killed that innocent mother I knew it would be him. That's a like a common thing. MC kills an innocent person then they usually end up dead.
Not going to lie I wish David didn't add so many implants after the time skip and stayed normal sized and then he ended up just a torso pretty much confirming he would be dead by the end of the show.

I liked all the characters. Also the one thing I didn't like about the show was after David's mother passed it felt like he didn't show any emotions which was strange.

Sad ending but it made an impact.

Great show 9/10
Nov 24, 2022 5:14 PM
Nov 2020
muito bom meu deus od uce
Nov 25, 2022 12:29 PM
Apr 2022
Written and animated to itch that itch right up my ass.
Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

94 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 2, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Air-117 - Sep 12, 2022

166 by TitanInsane »»
May 31, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

erniii - Sep 12, 2022

223 by TitanInsane »»
May 31, 8:45 AM

» Why isn’t the cyberpsycho guy listed as a character on MAL?

SwagsOnB - May 6

13 by Kitsune_Corr »»
May 11, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 25, 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.