Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2014 7:13 AM

Oct 2009
Impressive production quality, the fight scene was pretty good! And awesome OP!
Didn't know this was incest :D
Glad to see the MC is a badass, also liking Miyuki so far~
Pretty good first episode, looking forward to the rest :D
Apr 8, 2014 7:24 AM

Apr 2013
good ost, good production value, setting is pretty standard but still good.

really like tetsuya. a main character who acts mature and does not look like a teenager. not a fan of miyuki. would not hurt if one series could do without the "oniisama i want you SOO BAD" but that is the only bad thing so far.

promising start

xSanoxApr 8, 2014 7:29 AM
Apr 8, 2014 10:01 AM
Feb 2012
The first episode wasn't too bad. The whole incest thing was pretty annoying though, but something I expected to see from the very start. I can ignore it as long as the story's good. We'll see about that in the coming weeks, though.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 8, 2014 10:44 AM
May 2011
Interesting anime. Had never heard of it before I saw the spring anime lineup. I really only decided to watch it because so many others were hyping it as the best anime of the season. Not disappointed by episode 1. Looks like it will be my replacement for Log Horizon. Once again an annoying little sister that has to constantly blush and croon onii-sama but that's the only complaint I have thus far
Apr 8, 2014 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
1st I'll give credit where credit is due: The male lead is the total opposite "of being a pussy-ass self-insert" for the sake of the "no-life otaku" who are the animu fanbase. Tatsuya's an actual do-something soldier who looks out for his clingy, yet also do-something, sister.

2ndly: Dat Weeds Vs Blooms Beef. That should be interesting.

3rd: No upskirt panty shots. But I guess I can forgive it since a show really doesn't need panty shots to actually be good.

I give it a 3/5.
Apr 8, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
2.5/5

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 8, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Honestly, I dunno about this.. I was really hyped up by the idea of a brother sister relationship with the main characters for once, but the excessive amounts of "onii-sama~" and the blushing makes the sister seem so.. articificial imo. Interesting Mc though.
Apr 8, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2010
My gosh the many times I heard onii chan so much was in a hentai ,but In this show wow,Tatsuya sister is she really her sister,so many times she blushed and he seemed to think it was normal.
The art seems really great,the fight scene not blurry good or great!why do I sence a hint of incest in this show?!
Oh crap it is incest?! Oh well ....
Nakamura Seiyu as the big bro. Again.

I think the OST is great and the opening sounds awesome Lisa your songs are awesome.
RosyXkidApr 8, 2014 2:53 PM
Apr 8, 2014 7:42 PM

Nov 2012
AirStyles said:
Naxrrhid said:
Season 2 when?

Also I predict atleast 60k sales, either beating SAO/SnK or coming very close to it in numbers. This is going to be the best ride of 2014.

Think it'll beat Madoka Blu-Ray volume 1? Which had 68k sales?

Seriously though, it's still too early to predict such a number.

Actually, this anime has all the makings for based Japan to buy the f*ck out of it. I am not sure how high the sales are going to reach, but I am sure it will be around the 60k mark. I expect them to do OVAs and probably a movie before S2 though.
Apr 8, 2014 9:15 PM

Apr 2012
Naxrrhid said:
AirStyles said:
Naxrrhid said:
Season 2 when?

Also I predict atleast 60k sales, either beating SAO/SnK or coming very close to it in numbers. This is going to be the best ride of 2014.

Actually, this anime has all the makings for based Japan to buy the f*ck out of it. I am not sure how high the sales are going to reach, but I am sure it will be around the 60k mark. I expect them to do OVAs and probably a movie before S2 though.

Highest selling ever was like Gundam seed destiny which was around 86k. No way in hell this will sell 60k. Now 16K would sound more believable.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 8, 2014 9:30 PM

Jun 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Naxrrhid said:
AirStyles said:
Naxrrhid said:
Season 2 when?

Highest selling ever was like Gundam seed destiny which was around 86k. No way in hell this will sell 60k. Now 16K would sound more believable.

Hmmm... I didn't know Seed had 86k Blu-Ray sell, ah wellz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2014 9:48 PM

Sep 2013
From all the reading, it sounds like this series is going to be awesome. After the first episode, I was wondering what the hell is a CAD, blooms and weeds, but now I know haha.

Apr 8, 2014 10:28 PM
Aug 2012
zachfoss said:
From all the reading, it sounds like this series is going to be awesome. After the first episode, I was wondering what the hell is a CAD, blooms and weeds, but now I know haha.

There are 3 specials shorts that explain some of the stuff. You can find them on doki if you're interested.

Apr 8, 2014 10:48 PM

Mar 2014
BETTA BE MORE WINCEST

7/10

IDK LET'S SEE. COULD BE GOOD. COULD ALSO BE BAD.

WINCEST
Apr 8, 2014 10:59 PM
Apr 2014
I can already tell these threads will be incredibly entertaining all season.
Apr 8, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2013
Disliked the first episode.
I'll watch 3 more weeks, if it doesen't get better it will get dropped. 4/10
Apr 8, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2011
Incest is NOT wincest.
Apr 8, 2014 11:27 PM
Apr 2014
NihonFalcom said:
Incest is NOT wincest.

Yea, you need to only watch things with wholesome family values

like Index, Campione, and Blade Dance (taken from your favorite manga)

I'm not trashing on the quality of those, in fact I fking love Index. (I cant stand the others, but lets consider that opinion for the sake of conversation)

What's more "moral" in your eyes, incestous thoughts based on love and respect, but never acted on? Or blatant sexual acts based on lust and bad decisions. (I didn't get far into Campione before I became too disgusted with the women to continue)

I think the part I left as was when the fucking 15 year old protags have a group make-out/petting session that lasts, I swear, for 10 minutes of reading.

Just what the fuck authors.

Meanwhile, one of Mahouka's MCs loves her brother a bit more than usual for very good reasons, never acts on it, and is considered bad.

k.
Apr 9, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2011
No mention on Chrome Shelled Regios?
Apr 9, 2014 1:08 AM
Apr 2014
NihonFalcom said:
No mention on Chrome Shelled Regios?

I've never read the source material for it, so I can't comment

I liked the anime until it got weird though (From what I've heard, the "weirdness" at the end as all anime-only, so I'll probably read the LNs when they get fully translated)
Apr 9, 2014 1:10 AM

Aug 2011
Fair enough.

Also Soda, how far in the LN do you think the anime will adapt? You seem to be the most knowledgeable person here for Mahouka, so I'd thought I'd ask.
Apr 9, 2014 1:14 AM
Apr 2014
NihonFalcom said:
Fair enough.

Also Soda, how far in the LN do you think the anime will adapt? You seem to be the most knowledgeable person here for Mahouka, so I'd thought I'd ask.

Probably through Volume 8.

First 5 episodes the first arc, then 8 episodes 2nd arc, then an episode or two of Vol 5 (mainly a filler volume with a few important things), then 8 episodes of Vol 6-7, then a few episodes of Vol 8. (Mainly a flashback arc, which explain a ton of the backstory of the MCs)

First arc is by far the worst, it picks up speed in the 2nd arc and really takes flight in the 3rd.

1st arc is -ALL- introduction material. 2nd starts to show relationships between people, politics, etc, and 3rd arc is the first time you really have a story without explanations.
Apr 9, 2014 1:27 AM

Nov 2008
Watched the first episode and is having mixed thoughts on it.

Definitely suggesting the main character is supposedly overpowered and hiding his powers... for whatever reason. The incest undertones are thus far unexplained, so definitely something to watch. The episode is definitely not the strongest of openings.
Apr 9, 2014 1:38 AM

Feb 2014
Skyray said:
Watched the first episode and is having mixed thoughts on it.

Definitely suggesting the main character is supposedly overpowered and hiding his powers... for whatever reason. The incest undertones are thus far unexplained, so definitely something to watch. The episode is definitely not the strongest of openings.

This is a show that will get progressively better and better, pacing wise it will be similar to Steins Gate I guess.

I'll leave it to your own perspective in determining the quality of this show and I hope you enjoy it.
Apr 9, 2014 2:59 AM

Jul 2010
This seems to be one of the few anime this season to hold my interest. I give it praise for it's more adult character designs! Animation seems good, interesting back story and concept, but the main story and setting is on the cliche side (for now).
Apr 9, 2014 4:13 AM

May 2012
03:24 dat burakon

05:02 nope, you're Roka!!!

Miyukin choumoe〜
7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 9, 2014 4:22 AM
Jun 2013
hate brother complex in this but overall nice ^^
Apr 9, 2014 8:30 AM
Jan 2012
another drop
Apr 9, 2014 8:49 AM
Apr 2014
MatijaxD said:
another drop

I share a lot of your favorite anime/manga, and I love the LNs of this

The worst part of the LNs was the early parts, so it'd benefit you to give this a chance beyond its first 20 minutes.
Apr 9, 2014 8:52 AM
Aug 2013
I don't like the really hamfisted setup for a message about classism, and I don't like the incest subtext which every brother/sister pair in anime always has. The everything else is merely okay, nothing stands out as good.

I estimate a 40% probability I'll drop it on the third ep.
You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the king going "a most judicious choice, sire" - Steven Kaas
Apr 9, 2014 8:55 AM
Sep 2012
#1: About the "Onii-sama" thing, there's a reason why Miyuki addresses him that way (mind you, calling one's elder brother Onii-sama has nothing to do with incest related stuff; you'd be being rude to Japanese and their culture by interpreting it the wrong way):

* First of all, don't ever compare your real life siblings relationship with Mahouka's Tatsuya and Miyuki. Why?

1) You're not a Japanese.

Respectful words and suffixes are normally used in Japan to address one's superior or elder unlike most of the countries of the world.

Lets' take 'elder brother' for example:

Respectfulness in descending order (used usually): Onii-sama > Onii-san > Onii-chan > Nii-san > Nii-chan / Nii / etc.

The suffix 'sama' is used by those younger sisters who really respect and/or admire their elder brother (and want to display it too).

(It's obvious that you won't be called 'dear brother' by your sister when you're not even a Japanese in the first place.)

2) You haven't done anything close to what Tatsuya has done for Miyuki, and you don't have family circumstances like these siblings.

* Second, why Miyuki calls him "Onii-sama" so many times in the first episode?

It can't be helped because of the amount of stuff that has been covered in the first episode. It'd be hardly bothersome if you read the source text, but excluding a lot of stuff resulted in her repeating it so many times in a single episode.

Again, it's nothing to feel bothered about if you're not under any misconception like: 'onii-sama = showing romantic feelings, etc.'. If you don't like the word 'onii-sama' itself for god knows whatever reason, then that's your own problem, and it's no reason to criticize a character or anime.

Don't misinterpret it. That would be rude to all the Japanese girls and boys who call/called their elder siblings 'Onii-sama' and 'Onee-sama' out of respect and/or admiration.

#2: A very big misunderstanding: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is full of same old generic and cliche stuff

Despite it being true, you can't be more wrong.
What you see is not always the complete truth, or even the truth for that matter.

What did you think about 'Madoka' before you watched its 3rd episode?
This series will do something similar, and many times better at that.

Let me tell you, the beginning is set up as such that there's a high chance of getting a wrong impression of this series (high school teenagers stuff, harem and harem trope's female characters, incest-esque stuff, bland characters, happy romance, just another 'science + magic' stuff, etc.).

BUT, once you get past the 'beginning phase', the series (including both the characters and the story) will reach from 5-6/10 to 7.5-8/10 score mark, and then it will finally hit 10/10 mark, getting better and better and better. It's one of the special features of Mahouka that it keeps getting better and gets more and more intriguing.

Not a single one of you (obviously excluding the ones who have read till the 7th novel) can even imagine from the first few episodes that the story would turn out to be an epic one, as that's how Mahouka has been written to introduce, describe and explain all the basic things during the 'beginning phase'.
I don't know about the pacing of this anime so I can't say for sure when they'll get past the 'beginning phase', but at least watch 7/8 episodes before thinking about dropping this anime.

Anyone who sticks till the end would most probably see that Mahouka deals with each generic and cliche stuff in it's own unique way, and is a seriously rare gem.
Well, if you're like one of my relatives who's infamous for criticizing anything and everything she disagrees with (even if she's in the wrong most of the time), you won't be able to see the beauty of this series no matter how great it is.

As for those who are making a fuss saying 'incest this, incest that', you might end up closing your mouth shut if the anime covers the 8th volume. Saying words like 'incest' is like insulting their unique relationship. Their feelings are nothing as trivial as 'lust'. On the contrary, it's the epitome of pure feelings that two people can ever feel for each other.

That someone like me who isn't a big fan of incest-esque/brother-sister complex stuff easily understood and accepted the siblings' relationship is a proof in itself that this series is an 'exception' when it comes to dealing with "brother-sister relationship" stuff. The author uses their relationship for various significant things, and completely eliminated my suspicion of it being just a mere plot device.

Rest depends on your own decision. It'd be your own lose if you drop this anime due to overconfidence in your analyzation ability, misunderstanding, narrow-mindedness, lack of patience, biased view, etc.
Lucifier_JApr 9, 2014 11:04 AM
Apr 9, 2014 9:13 AM

Mar 2009
watching this coz i love the uniform ^_^
Apr 9, 2014 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
Hm.. pretty dull premiere, and yeah, that brocon imouto kinda annoying.
Maybe it will gets better though (hopefully).
Apr 9, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
tatsuya seems a shady character
Cty Best mid
Apr 9, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2010
Lucifier_J said:
snip

Wait, is this post serious? This is one of the most obnoxious forum replies I've seen in a while.

(1a)The suffix -sama is used in very special cases, almost entirely toward elderly seniors as it's an extremely formal suffix. The widespread use of "onii-sama" in anime/manga/LNs does not represent its real world usage and, in fact, only fetishizes it for the people who consume media that incorporate it.

To imply that not being Japanese means learners of the language (from native speakers esp) could never hope to grasp the meaning is the most inane thing I've read all week. F*** off.

(1b) No, I don't have a problem with showing the utmost respect for someone who essentially saved your ass. However, just from how Miyuki acts toward Tatsuya and how she reacts to misunderstandings of their relationship, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that her love for him is beyond that of regular sibling love.

(2a) Wait, are you seriously trying to equate Madoka to Mahouka? One is a total subversion of the magical girl genre while the other is a straight play of the tropes that plagues light novels today. What is Mahouka subverting? What does it try to do different? The reason why Madoka was so great is that it took our expectations and turned it upside in a compelling manner, asking the questions, “What would happen if being a magical girl had [dire] consequences, and it was not all sugar and rainbows? How would they react?” And if you ask me, it seems Fullmetal Alchemist did everything better, 10 years ago. And let’s not confuse the word “epic” with “good,” because while the story does escalate into almost hilariously bad territory, it’s not particularly good. “Rare gem?” This is just an LN that got lucky and struck gold as opposed to the many others there like it, much like the Twilight series.

Lucifier_J said:
As for those who are making a fuss saying 'incest this, incest that', you might end up closing your mouth shut if the anime covers the 8th volume. Saying words like 'incest' is like insulting their unique relationship. Their feelings are nothing as trivial as 'lust'. On the contrary, it's the epitome of pure feelings that two people can ever feel for each other.

Get the f*** off your high horse.

では、他のがあるのか、
Apr 9, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
wrenchbread said:
Lucifier_J said:
snip

Wait, is this post serious? This is one of the most obnoxious forum replies I've seen in a while.

(1a)The suffix -sama is used in very special cases, almost entirely toward elderly seniors as it's an extremely formal suffix. The widespread use of "onii-sama" in anime/manga/LNs does not represent its real world usage and, in fact, only fetishizes it for the people who consume media that incorporate it.

To imply that not being Japanese means learners of the language (from native speakers esp) could never hope to grasp the meaning is the most inane thing I've read all week. F*** off.

(1b) No, I don't have a problem with showing the utmost respect for someone who essentially saved your ass. However, just from how Miyuki acts toward Tatsuya and how she reacts to misunderstandings of their relationship, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that her love for him is beyond that of regular sibling love.

(2a) Wait, are you seriously trying to equate Madoka to Mahouka? One is a total subversion of the magical girl genre while the other is a straight play of the tropes that plagues light novels today. What is Mahouka subverting? What does it try to do different? The reason why Madoka was so great is that it took our expectations and turned it upside in a compelling manner, asking the questions, “What would happen if being a magical girl had [dire] consequences, and it was not all sugar and rainbows? How would they react?” And if you ask me, it seems Fullmetal Alchemist did everything better, 10 years ago. And let’s not confuse the word “epic” with “good,” because while the story does escalate into almost hilariously bad territory, it’s not particularly good. “Rare gem?” This is just an LN that got lucky and struck gold as opposed to the many others there like it, much like the Twilight series.

Lucifier_J said:

Get the f*** off your high horse.

では、他のがあるのか、
At that last quote that the dude said though, incest is literally a disgusting thing and is almost always sided with some type of sexual assault or rape. I don't care how unique or whatever you say their relationship is, it's still incest and fetishizing something that more than enough people have to deal with in a traumatizing matter is gross in itself.
Apr 9, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
I think the LN readers should really stop trying to promise the show is going to get better. There is a chance that the adaptation butchers the source material, in which case it wouldn't matter how good the source is.

The makers no doubt intends or at least expect this kind of reaction from the viewers by focusing on the incest vibes and other genericness. If they are going to wow the audience, it clearly hasn't been done yet. Would they in the future? Who knows. The show still has time to redeem itself.
Apr 9, 2014 2:48 PM
Apr 2014
I don't even really care about others opinion about this show :) I just want to watch the adaptation of my favorite LN :P (but still to say that the LN just got lucky even though you didnt even read the LN its really insulting :( )
Apr 9, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
Skyray said:
I think the LN readers should really stop trying to promise the show is going to get better. There is a chance that the adaptation butchers the source material, in which case it wouldn't matter how good the source is.

The makers no doubt intends or at least expect this kind of reaction from the viewers by focusing on the incest vibes and other genericness. If they are going to wow the audience, it clearly hasn't been done yet. Would they in the future? Who knows. The show still has time to redeem itself.

TBH the anime is better than the LN so far. First episode is like a 5/10 while the LN writing is easily a 2/10.

And LOL @ Lucifer J implying that "sama" is not just used for the "moe" factor. I smell weeaboo on this one.
Apr 9, 2014 7:17 PM

Jul 2010
I can tell this show had a slow start in order to get us all introduced to the characters/magic system. There's no reason for people to be bashing the episode so hard. And thanks to the LN readers addressing the "incest" about 5 billion times on these forums, we all know that the uniqueness of the bro/sis relationship is based on an event that has yet to be told, not because they want to get in each other's pants.

In other words, no need to complain or worry about incest. As for the quality of the anime, that will be easier to judge after the first 3 or 4 episodes.
KalistoApr 9, 2014 7:23 PM
Apr 9, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2014
OH MY GOD! I LOVED IT! This first episode was just amazing!
Game over. If that's the case, I just have to play again.
Apr 9, 2014 10:02 PM
Oct 2013
Question why the fck are people who never read the LN keep trying to argue with people who read the LN about the story? We know wtf is going to happen, why do you guys keep trying to argue about it? I don't get it, like if I say what happen in lets say the 6th harry potter book to some one who only read up to the 5th book. Are they going to argue with me I'm wrong? that be retarded and thats exactly wtf you guys are doing. I don't get it.

I think most of us who read the LN said this a million time that there is a really good reason why Miyuki call Tatsuya Onii-Sama and it doesn't get explained until vol 8 and their whole relationship get cleared up at that point and its not incest. We ARE TELLING YOU WHATS GOING TO HAPPENS, its FACT not speculation so why do you guys keep trying to argue other wise?

RexZShadowApr 9, 2014 10:08 PM
Apr 9, 2014 10:05 PM

Nov 2008
Kalisto said:
I can tell this show had a slow start in order to get us all introduced to the characters/magic system. There's no reason for people to be bashing the episode so hard. And thanks to the LN readers addressing the "incest" about 5 billion times on these forums, we all know that the uniqueness of the bro/sis relationship is based on an event that has yet to be told, not because they want to get in each other's pants.

In other words, no need to complain or worry about incest. As for the quality of the anime, that will be easier to judge after the first 3 or 4 episodes.

Yeah that appears to be the case. The opening episode does have to bear the burden of the entire show until further episodes come out to share that. I think people shouldn't be concerned with one episode being bashed. If it gets better people will stop bashing the series.
Apr 9, 2014 10:14 PM
Oct 2013
i
Skyray said:
Kalisto said:

Yeah that appears to be the case. The opening episode does have to bear the burden of the entire show until further episodes come out to share that. I think people shouldn't be concerned with one episode being bashed. If it gets better people will stop bashing the series.

Ya kinda such but you really do need all the stuff that happens in the first arc and it sets up sooo much of the character relationship and such for the future which make sense consider it start out as a light novel and its normal for stuff to take time to build up in books. I mean freaken wheel of time is like 13+ volume of 800+ pages each book lol but people reading enjoy it. But for anime and TV shows and stuff well generally viewer has much shorter attention span which is this series major weakness. but I think it will do fine on the fans it have now and attract till it get later where hopefully it gets good (as long as the animation house don't fck it up) and will attract more people.
Apr 9, 2014 10:14 PM
Apr 2014
Hopefully they will do a good adaption for this series :)
Apr 9, 2014 11:45 PM
Aug 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Skyray said:

TBH the anime is better than the LN so far. First episode is like a 5/10 while the LN writing is easily a 2/10.

And LOL @ Lucifer J implying that "sama" is not just used for the "moe" factor. I smell weeaboo on this one.

Lame attempt on bashing the source material............

Still a question. Why are you watching the adaptation something that you think is shit? No you don't have to state the obvious stuff like "I just want to make fun of it" or "I just like to hate stuff" or anything at all because it's pretty clear what you are doing anyway. Too many wanna be "Elitist" with shit superior taste these days.........

RexZShadow said:
Question why the fck are people who never read the LN keep trying to argue with people who read the LN about the story? We know wtf is going to happen, why do you guys keep trying to argue about it? I don't get it, like if I say what happen in lets say the 6th harry potter book to some one who only read up to the 5th book. Are they going to argue with me I'm wrong? that be retarded and thats exactly wtf you guys are doing. I don't get it.

I think most of us who read the LN said this a million time that there is a really good reason why Miyuki call Tatsuya Onii-Sama and it doesn't get explained until vol 8 and their whole relationship get cleared up at that point and its not incest. We ARE TELLING YOU WHATS GOING TO HAPPENS, its FACT not speculation so why do you guys keep trying to argue other wise?

Buddy with all due respect, stop giving out spoilers. They can whine all they want but when those parts are shown, half of them will change their opinion about the show (at least that's what i believe..........the trolls are only vocal minority). We don't have any right or obligation to tell them what they are going to miss........let things play out for now.
Dragon_Slayer_XApr 9, 2014 11:51 PM

Apr 10, 2014 4:08 AM
Sep 2012
wrenchbread said:

It's true that '-sama' is used in very special cases and THAT's why it's completely acceptable in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei because of its plot.
And, just because the widespread use of "onii-sama" in anime/manga/LNs does not represent its real world usage 'usually' DOESN'T mean that there are no exceptions to it (the way it's usually used, that is).

I'm not saying that 'onii-sama' hasn't been used in this series for the "moe" factor, BUT that's only A PART of the actual reason behind its use in Mahouka Koukou No rettousei (90% main reason, 10% moe factor).

wrenchbread said:
(2a) Wait, are you seriously trying to equate Madoka to Mahouka? One is a total subversion of the magical girl genre while the other is a straight play of the tropes that plagues light novels today. What is Mahouka subverting? What does it try to do different?

You're seriously asking me what Mahouka does different?
Have you really read the series or just skimmed through its pages? And just how many volumes did you read?

From what I've observed so far after visiting various forums, those who didn't get the series are the only ones who say negative things about it.
Many of them were not able to understand the working of magic and stuff and the depth of the story and characters because of the amount of detail the writer used to add the sense of reality (which is absent in all the magic related series) and suspense to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

Let me ask you one thing, did you ever get the feeling that Mahouka universe is realistic... that things could turn out that way in our world?
If no, then sorry to say this but you never actually understood Mahouka even if you read its LN.

The most unique thing about Mahouka is its power to make people believe in the reality of Mahouka universe, so if you never felt anything like that, then you never really entered in the fictionally realistic world of Mahouka. And in that case, your words don't carry any weight at all.

And, comparing this to 'that' Twilight? Really? Are you sure?
Alright, it's clear that you never actually 'read and understood' Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei in the first place.
Then, you're just a mere Madoka fanboy/fangirl who wasn't able to withstand the fact that Mahouka is a lot better than Madoka I presume?

In your own words: "Get the f*** off your ''high" horse." (lol, pun intended)

ihateeveryone said:
At that last quote that the dude said though, incest is literally a disgusting thing and is almost always sided with some type of sexual assault or rape. I don't care how unique or whatever you say their relationship is, it's still incest and fetishizing something that more than enough people have to deal with in a traumatizing matter is gross in itself.

I completely agree with you, as I'm also someone who personally stays away from incest related stuff due to reasons you've mentioned already.

Then why I'm watching this series?
Because, there's NO incest. Simple as that. (unless the Madhouse team working on this anime intentionally add such stuff, this series has nothing to do with 'incest' itself.)

It'll only give you those vibes, that's it.
The relationship between these siblings is out of this world due to various reasons, so you'll never understand the reason behind the validity of their relationship if you start comparing it with 'real life'.

The things that give birth to their relationship aren't possible to happen in our world, as such, it's not bound by the laws, principles and stereotypes of our world. It's detached from anything what normal people with normal relationships call 'incestuous'.

If you were to end up in their situation and circumstances, there's at least 50% possibility that you'd have a similar relationship with your sibling. YES, the reason behind their relationship is that solid and realistic (as realistic as you can get in a fictional work, that is).

Rather than criticizing their relationship, don't you think it'd be much better and interesting to try to find out about the REASON behind their relationship?
So yeah, keep watching this anime till you find the 'truth'. :)
Lucifier_JApr 10, 2014 5:15 AM
Apr 10, 2014 5:41 AM

Dec 2010
I'm not sure what this anime is getting at, but I'll give it a try few more episodes.
Apr 10, 2014 5:50 AM

Jan 2014
Apr 10, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2009
Lucifier_J said:

You're seriously asking me what Mahouka does different?
Have you really read the series or just skimmed through its pages? And just how many volumes did you read?
From what I've observed so far after visiting various forums, those who didn't get the series are the only ones who say negative things about it.
Many of them were not able to understand the working of magic and stuff and the depth of the story and characters because of the amount of detail the writer used to add the sense of reality (which is absent in all the magic related series) and suspense to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.
Let me ask you one thing, did you ever get the feeling that Mahouka universe is realistic... that things could turn out that way in our world?
If no, then sorry to say this but you never actually understood Mahouka even if you read its LN.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

After seeing this reply, couldn’t help but respond here, because really, for all the talk about of arrogance and high horses here, your entire reply reeks of more arrogance than any reply here. Some of the previous replies may have been somewhat combative, but at least none of them are basically telling people that their views are wrong because “they didn’t understand.” That has to be the worst kind of response to this type of thing, and really, it’s also total nonsense to believe you understand a material much better than others who read it, especially if you are not the creator himself. Say what you will about thinking you view it a different way, but don’t go saying shit like that. The fact you say that reeks of having no actual argument worth mentioning and it’s the kind of comment more likely to get people NOT to watch than to do so.

Lucifier_J said:
Then, you're just a mere Madoka fanboy/fangirl who wasn't able to withstand the fact that Mahouka is a lot better than Madoka I presume?

This brings me to my second point here, and it’s to stop trying to include Madoka here as some kind of crutch for your argument. It seems quite apparent that you disliked the popularity or critical acclaim it received in some shape or form, and it’s fine if you did. But you’re basically intentionally using it to try and say “look, it was mad popular and well received but Mahouka’s even better!” Please. Argue Mahouka for its own merits and don’t go dragging other shows and entire fan bases into an argument into which it shouldn’t need to be in. Just asking to start a bigger shit storm than there needs to be, and it's ironic because it also reflects badly on Mahouka while you’re at it.

You really want to get people to watch this show? Stop giving us defensive answers and oxymoronic arguments about how something is both “something and not something” at the same time. Stop dragging other things that don’t belong to this argument. Stop insulting everyone else who didn’t have the same views as you while you’re at it. If you believe so strongly in the series’ potential, just say your views in one reply and let it stand on its own. If the show ends up every bit as good as you seem to think it is, people’s opinions will change all on their own. The second you have to resort to “you obviously didn’t understand!” you automatically lose the argument.
solidsnake994Apr 10, 2014 8:32 AM
Pages (18) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

458 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 21, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.