Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Jul 5, 2022 8:10 PM
Jan 2022
Far as I am concerned Emillia had every right to be angry at Subaru for leaving her side. But damn that was a big fight, I was genuinely shocked watching it. Their fights have never been that intense before.

But in the end they made up :D and we got to see a kiss!

also smol otto!!
Jul 10, 2022 3:39 PM

Feb 2018
Even though Otto's flashback was rather short it was nice getting some of his past life. Not to mention that he's struggling for survival here lol. That kiss at the end :O
Jul 18, 2022 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
At least this time the conversation felt much more meaningful than in the last episodes. But they really fit well together. Subaru gets rescued multiple times by his friends: "Wait, they like me?". Subaru tells Emilia 5000 times that he loves her: "I don't believe that you love me!"
Aug 9, 2022 10:51 AM

Mar 2021
It doesn't matter how you start, but how it ends.
But subaru's love is already obcesion.
Aug 10, 2022 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is truly amazing Otto's backstory was great and every scene between Subaru and Emilia was amazing in the episode
Oct 16, 2022 4:41 PM

Aug 2021
really amazing episode. otto and ram carried the first half and emilia and subaru's scene absolutely took the second half to the stars. seeing the side characters shine and then getting probably the most emotional scene between the lead characters was some really great contrast. subaru once again confesses his love, and while emilia still hasn't said the words back to him, the reception of his kiss is all telling. really great stuff this episode, i look forward to seeing it continue in the upcoming episodes. Edit: also, the detail at the end where emilia's eyes have no reflection of subaru and then she blinks and his reflection is there after thinking about what her most precious feeling is, amazing.
Nov 8, 2022 1:26 AM

Apr 2021
"I Love you" ~ Natsuki Subaru

At this point I'm not surprised, Re:Zero's a 10/10. But I have to say this was one amazing episode. They kissed!!! Not gonna lie, even I was surprised. But well after all he's been through I guess my boy's changed. 6/5 or 11/10 whatever I loved this episode!!!!
Feb 14, 2023 3:01 PM

Jan 2011
gotta say the main objetive, that is to save the people at the mansion an free the Sanctuary isnt that interesting considering all the time its taking, at this point it feels like a its dragging
that aside Otto is getting much cooler scenes than Subaru 
Feb 15, 2023 6:55 AM
Dec 2020
i loved it so so so so much
Mar 13, 2023 8:32 PM
Feb 2021
My boy Subaru finally got there. Granted, Emilia is still mid, but it's whatever Subaru wants really. He's grown enough as a character, and I know enough about Emilia now to consider them a good pair. Otto is still best girl tho.
Apr 12, 2023 7:30 PM
Apr 2023
EL MEJOR EPISODIO QUE HE VISTO EN TODA MI VIDA
Apr 29, 2023 10:04 PM

Nov 2017
The All New 4x4 Subaru Hatchback did the thing, he confessed his love to Emilia. But I thought he was rock hard for REM and that was the point of the whole thing? Either way, this dude is getting some, even in his weird everyday sloppy tracksuit, he just knows the smoothtalk too well. 

Garfield now lays ready for a fight in the ultimate 4x4 showdown on roads, rivers and trails, with a sleek new design and all new engineering. Come see the new fleet at your local dealership today. 

And then the weird sidestory with bugs, which lasted, like, four minutes, so that was a thing that elongated the episode. But it was something. Let's see if he can make it all worth it?
Jul 9, 2023 12:30 PM
Jan 2021
this is my favorite episode of this show :3
Jul 10, 2023 12:09 AM

Jul 2013
Can we go back to Otto's backstory? We should explore that a little more, being able to communicate and command all kinds of animals down to insects is pretty damn cool. That fight with Garfiel was also cool. Cause that whole shit with Subaru acting like the ultimate simp is just really hard to watch. It's not even cringe really, the whole thing just pisses me off. Subaru's like "I love you no matter what, you never do anything wrong, I'll always be by your side, I love you so much it makes me crazy" bro how about you shut the fuck up? Seriously who fucking wrote this shit? And Emilia's like "You lied to me Subaru you said you'd hold my hand till morning but I woke up and you're not there. You should've endured uncomfortably sitting there the whole night while holding my hand like you promised" bitch do you hear yourself? Honestly my whole issue with all these is that I'm too old for this shit. I watched season 1 more than 6 years ago my tastes and preferences fucking change I'm nearing 30 goddammit it's really hard for me to put up with this kind of shit anymore.
Jul 14, 2023 11:07 AM
Jun 2023
caralhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mt bom
Aug 26, 2023 5:43 AM
Jan 2023
Seeing Otto's past was rather interesting, and it provided some important context for what he was about to do. That power of Otto's, being able to talk to bugs and animals, now that's awesome.

The ending was very well executed, the kiss scene though, I wasn't expecting that.
Oct 2, 2023 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
Such a soap opera moment.

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Nov 12, 2023 5:03 PM

Oct 2022
Otto became such a great character i would never have believed when he first appeared lol

Wow Subaru really went hard on this one, funnily enough that's exactly how nonsensical love can be at times.
Bro really said "dodge if you want to" LMAO
Nov 27, 2023 3:38 PM

Dec 2022
What a productive interaction that was. Subaru's motivational affirmation clashing with Emilia's insecurity for what could be the millionth time isn't my idea of the pinnacle of romantic chemistry, but I am biased towards Echidna, so maybe that plays a part.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 31, 12:51 AM

Sep 2022
It Finally happened, They
I'm hoping Emillia will confess soon.
Mar 30, 4:07 AM
Apr 2008
I wanna fucking barf. This show jumped the shark.

Horrible writing now to feed delusional feel-good idealistic romance and power of positive thinking. Just a few episodes before with the Witches' Tea Party it was fairly grounded... now it's some sappy idealistic childish romance that's glamourized.

Subaru's ideology isn't healthy or sustainable at all, nor is it correct. But perhaps I'm speaking too soon, because usually when this happens in Re;Zero with Subaru's naive idealism, Teppei shows us later on how Subaru's past words and actions were nauseatingly naive and idealistic. All the pretty words he said to Emilia were just fluffy BS with zero substance... pure delusion.

This episode really made me want to puke because of Subaru's delusional idealism. Also the asspull writing of Otto's new Chadness, and the laughable dialogue with the Garfiel confrontation. Considering dropping the show. But maybe I'll persevere in the hope that Subaru's naivete gets criticized in the story, as it should.

SPOILER EDIT after seeing Ep 8:
TheOtherJNApr 1, 2:43 AM
Apr 3, 8:52 AM
Dec 2023
would watch again
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

18 by FilipPaul »»
May 28, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.