Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2010 10:57 PM
Sep 2010
I didn't like this episode at all. I felt like I had missed a few episodes the entire time I was watching it. The transition into it was pretty much nonexistent in my opinion. I just couldn't really take it seriously because of that
Nov 21, 2010 10:59 PM
May 2010
thebrevity said:
The day has finally come for me. I can't take it anymore. KIRINO IS ONE OF THE MOST OBNOXIOUS UNGRATEFUL DESPICABLE ANIME CHARACTERS THERE IS.

I wouldn't say that, she was bearable before this episode.
(I've seen other characters I would consider to be worse.)

She can still be saved, but it better happen soon or my opinion of this anime will drop substantially.

I just have this feeling that the original novel doesn't have any of these problems...
Nov 21, 2010 11:06 PM

Nov 2007
wow if only the guys in Bakuman could get an anime this easy.....

a poorly written uninteresting novel someone gets published that fast and gets an anime? sign me up for that! for someone who "hates" his sister, he keeps making a fool of himself for her. also her bragging at the end about them listening to her ideas were laughable. Kuroneko was right she needs to be brought down to earth more.

Kirino was way too demanding in the first place in wanting all that for a 13 episode anime. 52 opening/endings, her choices of VA's, her choices of all this? this kid is so unrealistic.

she acts like a completely spoiled little bitch and her brother who "hates" her makes a complete idiot of himself to cover up for her and help her again. again just don't get it.
Nov 21, 2010 11:09 PM

Jan 2007
I thought this episode was alright. Certainly didn't hate it. More than anything though, I'm curious as to why they actually did change this part of the novel. It makes me wonder how they'll approach these last few episodes especially since we are at the "last life counseling" part of the story. I hope they stick to the novels cause it's my favorite part.
Nov 21, 2010 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
Wow.. did they really just have an entire episode about a girl crying cuz her anime wasn't perfect after SHE ACTUALLY GOT AN ANIME FOR A ONE VOLUME BOOK?! She should be thankful she got one at all!

Nov 21, 2010 11:13 PM

Jan 2009
The moment she brought up those notes, I turned my head away in hopes of her changing her mind. But no, not at all.
God don't get so carried away. That's why you'd get disappointed when having something you've done made into anime. By having waaaaay to high expectations.
Tch, that, along with Kyousuke's pathetic begging, ruined the whole episode. (Kuroneko's counter was pretty good though, if but the only thing good in the episode.)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 21, 2010 11:17 PM

Aug 2010
Kuroneko PWNED this episode. I gave it 4/5 b/c of her, else it'd have been 3/5.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 21, 2010 11:19 PM

Feb 2010
A male lead? this makes me think if the lead in Yosuga was a girl. Hmmmm :O

Anyways boring ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2010 11:27 PM

Oct 2010
I didn't liked this... it felt weird.
The meeting was to bounce ideas, yet Kirino went into it with a bunch of her ideas and unload them and really expect people to say "sure why not".
She was suppose to fight for the details she believe made her anime unique, yet she just closed and went to her bed (which is OK for a normal girl her age, but she has proven to be more)
I haven't read the original novels for this so i jsut base my opinion on the anime = ] i can't say this episode was pointless, as Kyousuke finally states that he does this out of brother love rather than siscon (I have put myself on some rather humiliating situation for my family as well) and Kuroneko demonstrate to be jealous of Kirino, not only because of her success on everything, but because she got a brother that cares for her.
~.~ i was looking forward for some good Ore no Imouto this week...
huh?
Nov 21, 2010 11:32 PM

Jan 2009
MelbShaw said:
Now that would be interesting. xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 21, 2010 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
hav said:
I didn't like this episode at all. I felt like I had missed a few episodes the entire time I was watching it. The transition into it was pretty much nonexistent in my opinion. I just couldn't really take it seriously because of that

Exactly! I thought I missed an episode between ep 7 and 8.

mystik said:

Oreimo is just plain unrealistic. I can't take this show seriously anymore. ┐('~`;)┌
I just know that I want to bitchslap Kirino.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 21, 2010 11:48 PM

May 2009
Great episode yay Kirino gets an anime! :D and wow she owes alot to her older Brother and Kuroneko makes awesome points cause i htink like her xP
Nov 21, 2010 11:49 PM

Nov 2009
I never thought I'd say this,considering how much of a soft spot for Tsunderes I have, but Kirino's really starting to piss me off with all her ungrateful bitchiness. She really needs to tone down her tsun a little and start showing Kyousuke more gratitude/:
Nov 22, 2010 12:06 AM

Oct 2010
DuroDeMatar said:
Why gundams in the OP? lol (I like them, but they were a little unrelated).
Because this show was good enough to put them for us, I was good enough to the show to save them on my computer and perhaps sharing them since I did it already.
dragonair15 said:
i see there is a chance for kuroneko and kyousuke it is hint near the end of the ep. Kuroneko seems to be jealous of how much kyousuke did for kirino
Surely I agree with you that Kuroneko deserves to have have some time alone with Kyousuke. I nice fun date in Akihabara or a presentation of her parents with Kyousuke there would make worthwhile.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 22, 2010 12:08 AM

Apr 2010
elijah_erh said:
I never thought I'd say this,considering how much of a soft spot for Tsunderes I have, but Kirino's really starting to piss me off with all her ungrateful bitchiness. She really needs to tone down her tsun a little and start showing Kyousuke more gratitude/:

The very end of the episode is what annoyed me. After going through all that and begging, she treats him like crap. Then basically goes on to tell him that she'll no longer need his help. She's definitely an extreme tsundere.

If it was more realistic, Kyousuke would've gave up in the meeting. She needs to learn that she can't get her way all the time. What is basically going on now is him protecting her from the harshness of reality. When that's exactly what she needs to learn from. Especially with all those demands that she was asking for in meeting.

Hopefully these final episodes will focus much less on her and more on the other girls.
Nov 22, 2010 12:15 AM

Oct 2010
As a Siscon, I'm still gonna root for Kyou x Kirino.

BUT, I wonder how long I can stick to that as her overly high level of Tsun-ness is begining to wear down my patience.
Nov 22, 2010 12:15 AM

Oct 2010
Splitter said:

To both of you. I have one thing to say: Self-sacrifice! No matter the shit nor the crap Kyousuke gets, through it and dumps the miracle light of resolve in Kirino's problem but certainly you cannot assume that Kirino is at this point never in the future is going to regret her brother's help nor can you say that despite her character a sudden change may not occur. It's all possible but right now I would feel the same way as you guys except I have a half sister and she was like Kirino but she changed and is very loving now of me and so think that Kirino can change for the better of all what people may hate of her.
Wasabi said:
I'm still waiting for some episode where some kind of drastic event happens and Kirino gets put in her place... preferably an event where Kyousuke just snaps and bitchslaps her.
Ok I did not see that before my post to both of you but at least you agree that there will be a event where she may change for the better. I still say going back in one of your comments in this series that Kuroneko or Saori should do that bitchslap on Kirino personally while Kyousuke sees it would make the best reality check to Kirino.
RyanSaotome said:
Wow.. did they really just have an entire episode about a girl crying cuz her anime wasn't perfect after SHE ACTUALLY GOT AN ANIME FOR A ONE VOLUME BOOK?! She should be thankful she got one at all!

Yeah that's what bothered me a lot and you said it! Kirino's selfish little I am the princess of the world. In regards to that she was exactly thinking like that and the my friends can get you IRL your occasion canceled and we don't want to know you at all Point being you get judged by how you act and these pros did not like at all Kirino, proof being they considered things more with Kirino's brother and her friends.
Oosran said:
MelbShaw said:
Now that would be interesting. xD
Yeah, Sora!
Yumekichi11Nov 22, 2010 12:33 AM

Nov 22, 2010 12:36 AM

May 2008
he hates her but he still does things for her haha wat a great brother :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 22, 2010 12:38 AM

Jan 2010
MelbShaw said:
I really like the way you think, I really do LOL
Nov 22, 2010 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
GarLogan78 said:
Anyways, I did think the episode was pretty good. Kuroneko was great, and I liked the changes to the OP, as always. Who sang the ED this time?

Four eyes.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 22, 2010 12:55 AM

Oct 2010
Kirino is the only heroine I've ever encountered in my decade+ of anime watching that actually gets less and less likable as the show goes on.
Nov 22, 2010 12:57 AM

Apr 2009
hm.. hope thers still some hope left for a kyou x kirino ending.. im all for it
Nov 22, 2010 1:00 AM

Aug 2009
I know this is hypocritical of me who generally looks down on people who hate on fictional characters, but BLOODY HELL KIRINO NEEDS TO GET TAKEN DOWN A PEG CANONICALLY. She's seriously Mary Sue status at this point (if she wasn't already). Sure she's got the whole "life counseling" problem, but that seems relatively minor against the fact that she's an author/model/otaku with no real repercussions for any of those actions/hobbies. Gaaaaaaah.
Ha-cha!
Nov 22, 2010 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
rlime said:
Oreimo is just plain unrealistic. I can't take this show seriously anymore. ┐('~`;)┌

I find it funny that you took it seriously in the first place.

Common, right from the start it is unrealistic. A little sister that is cute, loves playing little sister eroge, has serious attitude problems, a model, athletic and smart. Add to that, inviting his big brother to play eroge on her own room.

Now, this begs a question, how can you take this seriously?
Nov 22, 2010 1:03 AM
Dec 2007
It's not the first time I thought this but the use of music in the series is absolutely bad. On top of it, the anime adaptation thing came really out of nowhere and the developments felt more like it has gone backward than forward, so it was kind of a disapointing episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 22, 2010 1:10 AM

Apr 2010
WAH!! RURI ROCKS!! XD
Nov 22, 2010 1:11 AM

Sep 2008
-Quasar said:
rlime said:

I find it funny that you took it seriously in the first place.

Common, right from the start it is unrealistic. A little sister that is cute, loves playing little sister eroge, has serious attitude problems, a model, athletic and smart. Add to that, inviting his big brother to play eroge on her own room.

Now, this begs a question, how can you take this seriously?

You're right. It's just a show pandering to otaku fanservice after all. I was wrong to expect something substantial to come out of it.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 22, 2010 1:18 AM

Dec 2008
And this series started off so well too. What happened?

Character development on Kuroneko was really welcome. I hope we get to see more of the side characters as Kirino's character has pretty much stagnated after episode three.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Nov 22, 2010 1:27 AM

Aug 2010
Disappointing episode after the last one (maybe it was too good?). I liked how they presented the problems with adaptations, but since there are only a few episodes left, I would have welcomed more character interaction. And what's with Kyousuke suddenly saying he hates Kirino? Yeah, she is his sister so he has to be good to her, but come on, for 9 episodes he went through Hell for her. Someone is in deep denial... 4/5
Nov 22, 2010 1:28 AM

Oct 2010
My greatest respect goes to Kyousuke .
Every sister should have a brother like him.
The last screen in the train was great probably the best in the whole episode.
Nov 22, 2010 1:33 AM

Nov 2010
LightningRamiel said:
I know this is hypocritical of me who generally looks down on people who hate on fictional characters, but BLOODY HELL KIRINO NEEDS TO GET TAKEN DOWN A PEG CANONICALLY. She's seriously Mary Sue status at this point (if she wasn't already). Sure she's got the whole "life counseling" problem, but that seems relatively minor against the fact that she's an author/model/otaku with no real repercussions for any of those actions/hobbies. Gaaaaaaah.

Perhaps she managed to get her job (modeling), her athletic activities and any other activities into a convenient timeslot and she's probably good with scheduling.
She does have some failing points, like not being able to voice out her opinions in the latest episode.
Though I am kinda surprised her novel managed to get attention immediately (despite having a prose writing), then again, that's fiction for you.
Nov 22, 2010 1:35 AM
Jun 2008
mystik said:
MaiToshi is actually very similar to Oreimouto.....Well,it was written by bitchy Kirino ><
what can you say, the Novel reach top rank in the list...the reality is very harsh.Reality is unreal.

after watching the sales list.I can't help but to accept the fact that the explanation of why MaiToshi is so popular in this Anime is so true LOL

edit: mehh, looking at the forum thread for this episode.I felt like there are alot negative criticism on this Anime just like the Anime director in the Anime...
Actually I am still confuse of how Oreimouto become to best selling LN ...anyway, I like the LN and the Anime and I guess I can't explain why I like this series so much ><
MorningGloryNov 22, 2010 2:24 AM
Nov 22, 2010 1:50 AM

Jul 2009
I still found Louise's attitude in Zero no Tsukaima sometimes funny, but I really can't bring myself liking Kirino at all. I don't know what is her good points, she's just an annoying brat imo >.< and this episodes confirmed that.

Character note aside, the light novel suddenly get an anime felt a little bit weird also I found that "Hero(Kyousuke) saves the day in the end" theme is a little bit overused now, I liked it at first but now....
RegulusNov 22, 2010 1:57 AM
Nov 22, 2010 2:16 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't hating his sis come out of nowhere?

I mean he was distant with her before he found out and decided to help her with her hobby. But in the 7 previous episodes he hasn't mentioned any hate. Thinking about it i think the siscon option is a little more likely as him saying he hates her would be like a defence mechanism.

Meh, who knows.
Nov 22, 2010 2:16 AM
Oct 2009
I'm extremely doubtful this show will redeem itself in 4 more episodes. This show is massively overrated. It's not 8 material period. This show is a perfect example of what appeared to be promise and an interesting concept episode 1, and extremely poor delivery of that concept. Yes I know that I don't read the light novels, but being an adaptation of a light novel is not an excuse for being a poorly executed concept.

And of course, the major culprit behind why this show is not good is its awful protagonist. Anyone who continues to idolize Kirino, whether they're a fictional or real person needs a slap to the face now. She's the worst protagonist of Fall 2010 period. Stereotypical selfish bitchy tsundere attitude to the max that never develops. For a slice of life drama, the extent to which this story pampers this abomination of a character is comparable to dividing by zero. It's just impossibly unrealistic.

My current rating for this is a 6. Unless the quality of the episodes improves significantly, I'm looking at rating this somewhere from a 4-5. Not sure yet. I expected better from AIC.
A2ZOMGNov 22, 2010 2:22 AM
Nov 22, 2010 2:23 AM

Sep 2010
Kyousuke must be the greatest big brother...... Who would go to such extremes for his sister's fantasies....... :P
Nov 22, 2010 2:24 AM

Oct 2010
I am really glad I didn't preorder the Kirino doll...funny thing is I started out liking Kirino because she is a girl who likes eroge like me (well I used to more than now anyway) and now I am really hating her and kind of embarrassed I liked her so much before...

Also can somebody please explain to me the title of the anime, as Kirino isn't cute and it doesn't really seem like Kyousuke thinks she is cute either...
Nov 22, 2010 2:26 AM

Oct 2010
A2ZOMG said:
Anyone who continues to idolize Kirino, whether they're a fictional or real person needs a slap to the face now. She's the worst protagonist of Fall 2010 period.
As much as I agreed with you, she is the best character in regards to all MOE qualities and details as well as qualities of perfection towards school, life and sports. Unrealistic perhaps but factual within who she is in the anime to be true. Regardless her appearance and reactions make it best for me. Trust I have seen many animes, this one has what a girl of MOE caliber needs and K-ON BTW failed somewhat in that but not totally.

Kirino is 2010 Fall MOE perfection at its best! Long live MOE!

Nov 22, 2010 2:28 AM

Sep 2010
check said:
Kirino is such a fucking bitch, almost as bad Haruhi.
Agreed...
Nov 22, 2010 2:28 AM

Nov 2007
sankar said:
The last screen in the train was great probably the best in the whole episode.

You have respect for someone who begs for someone else (be it your only sister) to complete strangers out of no reason (yeah, anime to be obnoxious light novel) whatsoever? I hope you are ready to do the same if you have a messed up little sister like kirino. then its okay by miles. this world still has saints!

better put, every messed up little sister should have a sorry brother like him. it was nice to the point when he put an act in front of his father. i could somehow let it go by when it was in front of her friend, particularly because Ayase turned out to be understanding in the end. but in front of complete strangers? bloody complete strangers?! kyousuke is turning out to be one sorry ass who has nothing to do but cover up the messes made by kirino. saddens me since I am big fan of Nakamura Yuuichi. Kyousuke might well as remain a character to forget.

aaa~ ah, i still remember the good old days when this anime was at its peak. with manami and her grandparents. the only reason for me to follow this anime through the next 4 episodes would be Hanazawa Kana for her lovely voice, even if its for 5 minutes. she is saving the anime from my dropped list.
shanimebibNov 22, 2010 2:33 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 22, 2010 2:34 AM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

^
...at least this guy love the character....

Anyway,Kirino will reveal her reason of why being bitchy all the time when facing Kyousuke in one of the arc.Of course she won't reveal it directly, its more indirectly and it is up to the audience to spot it.....

I will still stand on my ground saying that Kirino's bitchy action and Kyousuke's heroism is realistic. from the point of view of the Light Novel >.>"

This Anime is indeed very hard to defend, but well......
MorningGloryNov 22, 2010 2:47 AM
Nov 22, 2010 2:34 AM

Dec 2007
I can actually see the reasoning behind the topic of this episode. The novel dealt with a problem commonly faced in the light novel world, and the anime deals with a problem commonly faced in the anime world. Makes sense to me. People say, "how ironic..." but I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

Totally agree that Kirino is not developing. She really doesn't seem to learn. I don't mind her personality, because I actually know someone who seems to be blessed with luck, but nothings changing, and neither is her brother. For once just say "Hey, I did all this shit for you, gimme some acknowledgement at least!" man!
Nov 22, 2010 2:36 AM

Sep 2010
sankar said:
Then all-those girls will be bitches...... :P
Nov 22, 2010 2:47 AM

Jul 2010
That idiot goes way too far for his brat of a sister. Probably wouldn't if she was ugly.
Nov 22, 2010 2:48 AM
Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
A2ZOMG said:
Anyone who continues to idolize Kirino, whether they're a fictional or real person needs a slap to the face now. She's the worst protagonist of Fall 2010 period.
As much as I agreed with you, she is the best character in regards to all MOE qualities and details as well as qualities of perfection towards school, life and sports. Unrealistic perhaps but factual within who she is in the anime to be true. Regardless her appearance and reactions make it best for me. Trust I have seen many animes, this one has what a girl of MOE caliber needs and K-ON BTW failed somewhat in that but not totally.

Moe? Squid Girl >>>> Kirino any day.

Not suggesting that either respective show is particularly awesome, but I digress, Squid Girl is much more deserving of the Fall 2010 MOE award.
A2ZOMGNov 22, 2010 2:54 AM
Nov 22, 2010 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
i think this anime will take a turn for the better if manami starts taking up kyousukes attention more. probably will force some development out of kirino

ep was decent overall, altho idk where the brothers hatred for kirino came from. i highly doubt if he hated her, that he'd do all these things. i think hes in denial
Nov 22, 2010 3:02 AM

Feb 2010
kirino is a spoiled brat i hope we get some developments on this front before the anime ends
Nov 22, 2010 3:23 AM

Dec 2009
A big amount of rage in this thread XD

Without kyousuke and kuroneko , kirnino would be fucked
She needs to be more thankful ^^

Ruri-chan is still the best character of this show :P
yuno6.jpg
Nov 22, 2010 3:50 AM
Dec 2007
Akakori said:
I can actually see the reasoning behind the topic of this episode. The novel dealt with a problem commonly faced in the light novel world, and the anime deals with a problem commonly faced in the anime world. Makes sense to me. People say, "how ironic..." but I'm pretty sure it was intentional.
This seems to me like the reason they changed the episode. The original was just about her fighting a copyright infringement. Yeah, also happens, but let's be honest, anime fans care more deeply about alterations of the original material. They knew there was plenty of irony in the anime original swapping (that may also be why they even furthered the parallel between the shows by making the planned anime 1-cour like OreImo will be).

I'm not exactly happy about the episode as a whole, but there were some valid points as well. The anime staff wanted to just use the novel's universe as a base and basically ignore the actual novel, practically creating a new show altogether. That's not an adaptation, that a spin-off and it was nice to see that they fought to keep things like the main effing character of the story intact. They should have pushed a little further and also made people realize some things HAVE to be slightly altered but well, I guess we need Kirino to have her way for now.

Also, if you would listen to the guys who read the novels, apparently the novels' version of Kyousuke is a tad more hatefull of Kirino than the anime version of him had been. This episode may have tried to remedy that a little, in light of future events I might guess. Also, to answer someone else's question to me earlier, I'd say Kuroneko wants a big bro like Kyousuke. Although who knows, she may also have some itty bitty romantic feeling too.

Nov 22, 2010 3:59 AM

Aug 2009
Kirino. What a lucky beetch.

Dammit, I want an onii-chan... like Kyousuke. I'll definitely go brocon.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 5, 2010

265 by DevlanStewart »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.