Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 17, 2022 2:29 PM
Oct 2017
I thought the confession moment we were waiting for was going to be wholesome and sweet but if this cliffhanger is any sign it will be serious and sad. He will probably confess to her and tell her they can't be together. God damnit, things turned out kinda grimm towards the end, but hey, at least we have the memories. I have to hold this week through this cliffhanger strongly and don't give up to the manga, not yet. At least I feel Ishigami is going to get a positive response.
Jun 17, 2022 2:33 PM
Oct 2017
Chika pissed me off this episode, like I get she is playful and a bit of an airhead but at least she could have taken the confession of the guy seriously. Come on.
Jun 17, 2022 2:36 PM

Sep 2018
This show is no longer Great...

It's a fucking Masterpiece

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 17, 2022 2:39 PM

Dec 2020
if_jerry said:
Maan I not ready for this.... I need to prepare myself for next week...
Jun 17, 2022 2:54 PM

Sep 2018
The fortune teller girl was on screen for about ten seconds but I love her already. Anyone know who her VA might be? Sounded maybe vaguely familiar but not too sure.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Jun 17, 2022 2:55 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
AAAAAAAAAAA

i want the next episode already, someone pull a truck-kun on me so i can be put in a week coma

π’«π‘œπ“… 𝒢 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 π’Ύπ“‚π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“π‘’π’Ή
π’―π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π“‡π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’
π’«π“Šπ“‡π’Ύπ’»π“Ž π“‚π“Ž π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π’Ή 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Jun 17, 2022 2:55 PM

Jan 2021
What an episode, 5/5. Cannot wait till next week...this is going to be hard.
Jun 17, 2022 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
That a-ha and classic Resident Evil reference, that's a throw back. I bet there's more I missed.
Jun 17, 2022 3:06 PM
Jun 2019
Amazing epsiode as always, can't wait for the final? epsiode one week.
Nice to Tsubame and Ishigami have more screen time together.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jun 17, 2022 3:28 PM

Jan 2022
Next week I hope it comes quickly.

Solid 5/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Jun 17, 2022 3:40 PM

Dec 2019
Poor Ishigami, doesn't understand Japan's ridiculous definitions of confessions just like all of us
Jun 17, 2022 3:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I don't know about the rest of us anime-onlies, but I've been able to avoid any spoilers whatsoever concerning the confession; and we've just about made it, it is here, coming next week. I've speculated and imagined on how it will be done. Ultimately it is what the whole anime comes down to after all, everything revolves around this. I am so excited for this confession scene, and am sure it will be unlike any other. I'm still keeping my expectations in check; but honestly, I don't believe I have to.

When you get a trailer for the final episode, you know A-1 is taking this into their hands with the utmost care, and will make sure it is done right.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 17, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2019
im very hyped for next ep, with that said i kind of hate the "endgame" feel this has i doubt we'll get more seasons after this which is a bit sad but im sure the ending is going to be amazing.
Jun 17, 2022 4:35 PM

Aug 2021
I really loved how Shirogane makes Kaguya so happy in his last culture festival.

Jun 17, 2022 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
They took my heart on a rollercoaster of emotions. I am not ready
Jun 17, 2022 5:20 PM

Sep 2017
This season has been so great. I love chad Shirogane and flustered Kaguya. Also Ishigami is looking like he's gonna get a W.
Jun 17, 2022 5:32 PM
Nov 2019
Not certain if this was true for last week's episode, but I do like how these recent episodes make use of pretty much every character, major or minor, in the series.
Jun 17, 2022 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
Next episode is going to be 1 hour long!! can't wait!!! lol im not surprised that chika Instead of the guy getting sad and depressed he got enlightenment. i couldnt stop laughing when that moment of realization when Kaguya discovered that she was sabotaging the wrong person, i really hope it goes well for ishigami.
Jun 17, 2022 5:55 PM

Apr 2021
Man that double cliffhanger really hurt, amazing as always.
Jun 17, 2022 5:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I wanna start by saying I love the “Take On Me” reference, even had a knockoff playing in the back, that’s definitely one of my favorite references in the series so far, and I also loved what I think was a Resident Evil reference when the camera was in a fixed perspective as Kaguya was running into a wall lol, that alone screams RE to me. But man what an awesome episode, I was kinda hurt by Tsubame wanting to turn Ishigami down but it’s also something I was expecting, but with how she asked Ishigami behind the school I think there might be a little hope, but honestly it could go either way, I’m rooting for our boy all the way tho.

And Kaguya going through the cultural festival with Shirogane was awesome too, it seems Shirogane isn’t beating around the bush anymore and Kaguya is enjoying herself a lot lol, and I also adored the idol Hayasaka bit, I still believe in Hayasaka supremacy lol. And yeah, I figured Shirogane would tell Kaguya about studying abroad soon, it hurt to see but it’s definitely gonna make the last episode an amazing one.

And speaking of, the last episode will be an hour special? Hell yes, this has been such a fantastic season too, I’m so glad to have been following this from the beginning in Winter 2019, it’s been so fun. I don’t want this to end but I’m very excited at the same time.
Jun 17, 2022 6:01 PM

Jan 2020
This was probably the best episode so far, can't wait for the finale next week.

Kaguya and Tsubame talking about Ishigami was probably my favorite bit. Seeing Kaguya bounce between extremes was hilarious. I was sort of expecting Tsubame to land on a hard no and free up Ishigami to be with Iino, but now I'm not so sure if that is what'll happen. It seems like Tsubame might be willing to take a chance of Ishigami. Her reasonings for not wanting a boyfriend were kinda bullshit anyway.

The hype for the finale is so real right now. I almost, almost wish I had skipped this week and just watched these last two back-to-back. It's probably going to be a long week, lol.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 17, 2022 6:33 PM

Jul 2016
Can't believe there was a soul in that school crazy enough to confess to Chika. The audacity.

Overall, great episode though I don't have a good feeling about Ishigami.
Jun 17, 2022 6:56 PM

Jun 2015
That ending................
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 17, 2022 7:45 PM

Jul 2020
we're getting right there.. it keeps getting real good.

i was hype at that take on me reference. next ep will be much more hype
Jun 17, 2022 7:51 PM
Jun 2021
phantomfandom said:
All comedic part is genius, like the zombie part. Though not all part are comedic.

The zombie part was incredible
Jun 17, 2022 8:11 PM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
Mitch162 said:
Great episode. My favorite of the season so far 5/5
That cliffhanger at the end GAHHHHHH

Yeah, well I guess it was to be expected, considering the fact that he is going to Stanford, as we saw earlier in the series. But I honestly forgot about that until I saw this episode, which was probably why they showed it to us in the first place.

And what a great episode this was! It looks like that Tsubame is going to accept Ishigami’s feelings, and how about that fortunetelling huh? 😁

So I heard that this last episode is going to be a one hour episode, is that true? That would explain why they say this season will be 13 episodes rather than 12.
Jun 17, 2022 8:12 PM

Oct 2021
so finally we will get to see long awaited confession (last episode is 1 hour long), i loved dark tone shift at the end. peak kaguya!!
Jun 17, 2022 8:25 PM

Apr 2022
Chadgane on the move
To toxic fans: Atleast wait for an anime season to end before you go on tantrum.
Jun 17, 2022 8:27 PM

Jan 2021
The references were off the chart in this episode. Every bit of this episode was hilarious. Chika being Chika, Kaugya and the Presidents back and forth, and the fortune teller character.

The drama at the end hit me like a brick wall.
Jun 17, 2022 8:47 PM

Jun 2019
Great as usual. Shirogane forcing things to move forward is refreshing to see. Also nice that Ishigami will get a fair shot with Tsubame. It feels like Kaguya has become a weaker character this season. This episode she was just blundering around the entire time. Both when talking with Tsubame and when around Shirogane even though she planned on confessing. I’m gonna need her to step it up.
Jun 17, 2022 9:20 PM

Jan 2019
Hot damn in literally every respect.

I didn't realize Shirogane was skipping a year of high school... did I miss that or was that meant to be a surprise. Obviously he was going to leave after high school, but I did not realize it was THIS soon.
Jun 17, 2022 9:44 PM
May 2021
Multiple references were shown, I like it lol
Jun 17, 2022 9:48 PM
Jan 2022
can we just get one more rap please? :)
love the series and sad to see such an amazing series come to a close.

not many rom coms can reach this level of perfection
Jun 17, 2022 9:52 PM

Feb 2020
AHHHH I can't wait for next week!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2022 10:17 PM
πŸ¦†πŸ‘‘

Jan 2020
Next episode is going to be legendary, I can feel it.

I'm glad Tsubame didn't shoot him down right away and of course, The Kaguya and Shirogane stuff is super interesting and I can't wait

Jun 17, 2022 10:31 PM

Jun 2021
One of the best episodes of the season! It’s been a fun year and I’m sad it’s almost over! Iino forever being watched over by Ishigami. Even though she doesn’t like it. I hope they one day find out everything they have done for each other, it probably would change everything.

What kind of boyfriend will Fujiwara have in the future when she finally does date, I can’t help but wonder.
Jun 17, 2022 10:43 PM

Jun 2020
Great episode!

And everything will come to an end next week :((((
Jun 17, 2022 10:46 PM

Mar 2013
Well created episode!
Hayasaka Ai singing a song for BGM?! Such cutesy!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 17, 2022 10:57 PM

Jul 2021
Great episode

Chika is hilarious as always she rejected the confession by playing quiz Lmao.Next week final episode I can't wait to see the legendary final.
Jun 17, 2022 11:28 PM

Jan 2009
Wow. They even created a 2-minute trailer for the final episode, and it's a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlN4ynjAX30
Jun 17, 2022 11:51 PM

Aug 2021
Best episode of the season for me so far. I loved the references made. Take on me followed by Persona made the fanboy in me quite happy. Planet of the Apes was just the cherry on top.

Next weeks hour long special can't come soon enough. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds
Jun 18, 2022 12:20 AM
Feb 2021
JCas38 said:
The "Take On Me'" reference got me good, I thought at first that it was a little funny gag, but it didn't hit me until the end of the episode to realize just how well it coincides with Shirogane's current situation.

Exactly. I don't know if it was a coincidence or deliberate, but it sure had the message in the chorus.
Jun 18, 2022 1:10 AM

Apr 2021
It hits really different since the preparations for the cultural festival started. You know, you'll have this unexplained emotions wherein you would want to laugh so hard to the comedic parts but can't totally do it because of the tension as well. I mean it's also serious at some point. Which I could say why this is at its peak. I love this sensation made possible by the wonderful execution of A1 pictures.

Meanwhile, starting at 19:48, it feels like I was playing the very first RE released lmao. Kaguya running to the wall was nostalgic in the game.

Jun 18, 2022 1:28 AM
Jun 2019
congrats shirogane!!! though not on the best time unfortunately
Jun 18, 2022 1:38 AM

Jul 2019
Great, great, great stuff. Among all of the intricacies and pink ponies I mostly laughed about Iino's small failed affair. And of course the cliffhanger that dropped like a jump into abyss.
Jun 18, 2022 1:49 AM
Sep 2021
Time to prepare myself for next week. Also the fact that almost no one recognised the persona series reference to Arsene and phantom thief.
Jun 18, 2022 1:54 AM

Jul 2021
Fuck

Such a depressing news for Shinomiya after having such a blast with Kaicho. All that fun she had, all that luck she had was just to prepare her for what was going to come next. Man I have no idea how Kaguya's gonna handle this news, is she gonna get desperate and confess so that they can at least spend the remaining school year together or will she close her heart off and become ice princess again to avoid any more pain? And just one more episode left AAAAAAAA fuck.

Things aren't looking too bad for Yuu though, if I had to guess I think Tsubme's gonna decide on getting to know Yuu more, she more or less confirmed that it's not gonna be an outright rejection, good for Yu.

Kaguya's "ale? ale? ale?..." was so cute and equally hilarious. That whole part of Miyuki asking her out to check out events was just so good.

6/5 episode.
TsutanaiFuunJun 18, 2022 2:04 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 18, 2022 2:31 AM
May 2020
damn, what a cliffhanger. i wanna see kaguya's reaction
Jun 18, 2022 3:14 AM
Apr 2020
As someone who hasn’t read the manga and will soon, shirogane is gonna leave kaguya to study has me in stock.

(I will read the manga after the season ends I can’t take the gaps between seasons)

(The power of school festivals am I right lol)
Jun 18, 2022 3:20 AM

May 2016
Finally getting down to the juicy parts.
great episode 5/5
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaFaeloria - Jun 25, 2022

515 by PrOxAnto »»
Jul 20, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Love is War's Dub or Sub ( 1 2 )

Lost_Hearts - Jan 17

70 by SeZen »»
Jul 20, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

230 by PrOxAnto »»
Jul 19, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

406 by PrOxAnto »»
Jul 19, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

239 by PrOxAnto »»
Jul 18, 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.