Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2022 8:26 AM

Nov 2019
Hella overrated, gore for the sake gore, pointless nonsensical story, terrible cartoonish actions, felt like I was watching looney tunes, one dimensional characters

1/10
Oct 4, 2022 9:22 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Even though it ended the way I expected it too, this was still awesome. They definitely make you think it’s happy ending since David isn’t going cyberpsycho but of course Adam Smasher wasn’t gonna allow that lol, and I sadly had Rebecca’s death by him spoiled for me because people can’t keep shit to themselves but it was still really sad, she was one of the best characters for sure. David’s death was well done too, even with that crazy tech he wasn’t able to outdo Smasher just like Smasher said before, it was sad for sure, especially in the very end when Lucy made it to the moon like she dreamed and saw David there and he suddenly disappears, a truly great way to end it.

It wasn’t quite the masterpiece like I kept hearing it was, but it was damn way up there for sure, yet another phenomenal Trigger anime. Not only was it visually amazing with beautiful art and animation, the story itself was really well done as well, while I’m sure a lot of people wanted to see a happy ending I feel this sad ending fits perfectly with the show, it just makes sense after everything the show tells you, David’s death had so many flags before it happened and even tho i expected it I still really enjoyed it, it was just so well done. And I’m gonna tie my thoughts on the OP and ED here, not only were they really good songs and had nice visuals, they also tie into the story, I noticed David does die in the OP early on, and then I noticed soon after that the ED is probably Lucy directly after he dies. It’s subtle but it really adds a lot imo. I also want to mention that I appreciate the amount of nudity and gore in this, I didn’t expect it and was pleasantly surprised, it definitely fits the show too. I also really gotta give it to the show for managing to be so good despite only having 10 episodes, it was a short and easy watch but such a good one at that, really enjoyed it. I look forward to whatever is next on Trigger’s horizon, definitely looking forward to Gridman x Dynazenon for sure, and I might have to check out Cyberpunk 2077 one of these days thanks to this anime for showing me how interesting the world is along with being fantastic on its own.

Also Lucy is my best girl, I gotta enter the waifu war in the end lol.
TheColonel76Oct 4, 2022 9:30 AM
Oct 4, 2022 9:43 AM
Dec 2018
EMOTIONAL DAMAGE!
Oct 4, 2022 11:17 AM
Mar 2022
Just loved the ending
Oct 4, 2022 12:25 PM
Oct 2021
Adam did offer David a chance to be a full-body cyborg tho, glad my boy didn't take it.
Oct 4, 2022 1:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Amazing show. Visually stunning, great soundtrack and packed with energy and a sad sense of inevitability. Never thought Netflix could ever deliver a quality anime like this one but boy was I wrong. Thank you Trigger and specially Imaishi-sensei for delivering this goodness.
I knew our boy was a goner, no way he survived this, but having Rebecca biting the bullet was sad. I was hoping the chibi hellfire bomb would survive. At the very least Lucy got to go to the moon. That soothes my sould

So many salty people here in the comments. Is it really that painful for a modern cyberpunk show to be doing this well in the scores for some? Or is it because it's based on a western videogame. Lmao at people who criticize the show for being too violent/gory and then they have SnK or Made in the Abyss in their favorites. Have a bit of congruence at least.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 4, 2022 1:26 PM

Dec 2016
Farabeuf said:
Amazing show. Visually stunning, great soundtrack and packed with energy and a sad sense of inevitability.

I heavily disagree with this fallacious statement. A lot of this tragic and chaotic snowball could had stopped at almost any part of the series. From the very beginning with David just getting rid of the enhancements his mom stole or just giving them back to the edgerunners (afterall cybernetic implants can be swapped quite easily in this universe). We could even choose a middle point where David is already the leader of the Edgerunners and it's already set for life (he already had a great condo with a great view and most likely a lot of cash due to his life of a thug) He could have just called quits there and skip town along with Lucy and let the rest of the Edgerunners deal with the gang.

I feel that at least some of the cast were justified on their flawed moral compass. With david, I don't see how his judgement lead him to become a gang member when he was already a promising student in his highschool and despite his grudge with the Arasaka kid, he could had come back to his own hs, or seek financial help to attend to some other school and get a place to live. Unless in this world something like human basic rights were never taught in school, I don't see why would David or any other educated character should had followed a path of self destruction and lack of a moral compass other than just lazy writing.
Oct 4, 2022 3:05 PM
Oct 2022
i loved when david said "it's cyberpunk time" and then he cyberpunked all over the enemies
Oct 4, 2022 3:30 PM
Oct 2022
Loved it.
I absolutely adored the theme of finding love in a decadent place only for it to be ended so quickly in this anime. Maybe some recommendations in that direction? Thanks all.
Oct 4, 2022 7:11 PM
Oct 2022
David looks so heroic, and i know what Lucy feels when she saw David again in the moon. I got the lonely feel :(
Oct 4, 2022 8:18 PM

Jan 2021
Blaze of glory endings are one of my favourite ways to end a story, this show was really good, quite mature for anime standards.

My only complaint would be how the romance was handled, it wasn't written the best, I mean from Davids perspective it's hard to get his perspective when he goes full simp without barely knowing the girl.
Oct 4, 2022 11:03 PM
Jul 2021
I am sad right now :(
Oct 5, 2022 8:56 AM
Oct 2022
A beautiful Tragedy
Oct 5, 2022 2:28 PM
Dec 2020
sehr geiler anime

Oct 5, 2022 4:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Faraday got what he deserves but RIP Rebecca she was one of my fav characters, and sure David but it was impossible for him to not die in the end... the last scene with Lucy alone on the moon is heartbreaking seriously...
Oct 5, 2022 5:20 PM
Oct 2019
Absolutely amazing
Oct 5, 2022 7:27 PM
Oct 2019
No such thing as a good ending in Night City.
Oct 6, 2022 3:27 AM
Jul 2022
It fun but some episode it sad moment
Oct 6, 2022 3:50 PM
Jan 2022
very good, ending kinda sad
Oct 6, 2022 6:13 PM

Mar 2010
That wasn't really a conclusion but more of a message to how mundane things can be. There was no closure but damn RIP rebbeca. She was the only gal worth fighting for imo. Lucy was in contrast a insecure gal full of PTSD lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 6, 2022 7:34 PM
Sep 2021
Actually everything
Oct 6, 2022 8:07 PM
Nov 2020
this show is like akame ga kill met what i think evangelion is
Oct 6, 2022 8:17 PM
Sep 2021
made me very-very sad :(
Oct 7, 2022 5:26 AM
Oct 2020
wow... just wow...

Oct 7, 2022 6:07 AM
Oct 2022
Dude. Nothing has ever hit me this hard. My heart was shredded from... just everything. Their love isn't tragic, David's death isn't tragic, Lucy's visit to the moon isn't tragic, Maine's descent into cyber psychosis also isn't tragic, and so on. It is sad and heartbreaking. But the real tragedy is literally the accumulation of everything and as cheesy as it sounds, the terror of Night City. Living in a world like that is a tragedy. Like generally I can spot character flaws easily and/or criticize characters for bad decisions, but this shows story and pacing just doesn't let you. Like I can relate to every decision every character made until I stop the anime and step back. but I watched the entire show in one go, and it took the end of the anime, and a couple of hours to even objectively back at it. It is the perfect binge-able anime. I am no critic, but nothing ever hit me this hard. Crying like a little bitch isn't something I do.
Oct 7, 2022 6:51 AM
Mar 2020
Call me simple-minded or whatever, but downgrade from 9 to 8 just because David died. I just wanted to see him and Lucy happy, fuck man.
Oct 7, 2022 7:39 AM
Jan 2019
Avbuub said:
Call me simple-minded or whatever, but downgrade from 9 to 8 just because David died. I just wanted to see him and Lucy happy, fuck man.

Somehow agreed with this lmao.
Oct 7, 2022 9:20 AM
Nov 2020
very fun and very sad
Oct 7, 2022 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
Kind of wish I marathon'd this after watching the first couple of eps on day 1, before all the omega hype that got stirred about it. Maybe my hipster self would've rated the anime higher then.

All in all, a good show and a good story, but I just wish I felt more attachment to the characters and narrative in general. Aside from the brilliantly executed and emotionally poignant last episode, Edgerunners felt like a lot of style over substance.

But hey, style this good is still certainly worth praising. Studio Trigger blew this project out of the fucking park. The animation, action, colors, shot compositions, direction... were all absolutely top notch. Truly phenomenal. Just for Trigger's work alone, I have to grant this show a couple extra points.

Overall, I'll give it a 7/10. Definitely a fun ride, with a tragically poignant ending.

PS - a rather minor gripe I'll mention that doesn't really impact my score or opinion of the show is that while I found the English dub incredibly well voice acted, the dialogue (especially the comm dialogue) was often just on the edge of feeling slightly unnatural and even impractical - like, I get having stilted speech in comm dialogue, but what exactly was the point of randomly repeating words in succession so much? Just came off a tad awkward to me.
Oct 7, 2022 11:10 AM
Oct 2022
:( ühhüüüüüüüü
Oct 7, 2022 12:39 PM
Apr 2020
I felt pain in this episode
Oct 7, 2022 3:06 PM
Sep 2022
Trigger only knows how to do sad endings
Oct 7, 2022 4:00 PM

Aug 2018
the music was reaaaalllllly good i loved it was def a highlight. i think that's what's gonna make this show stick for me.

Oct 7, 2022 4:34 PM
May 2020
big tiddies and get fiddies
Oct 7, 2022 10:54 PM
Nov 2021
Could have been better, kinda dumb characters. Overall 7/10.
Oct 8, 2022 1:27 AM
Jul 2019
So good it made me depressed
Oct 8, 2022 2:11 AM
Dec 2021
this show is amazing
Oct 8, 2022 5:58 AM
Sep 2021
Emotionally devastating in the best way possible
Oct 8, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2017
They killed almost all key characters
Oct 8, 2022 9:16 AM
Nov 2020
sad but so fcking perfect
Oct 8, 2022 10:07 AM

Mar 2022
I love this anime, the game was already my second favorite game, and after watching the whole serie, I know that is also one of my favorties animes, the violence, history, emotion, characthers, all of them have your own characteristics and personality. I loved every episode, loved every character, and I'm gonna enjoy play cyberpunk 2077 one more time too, all I have to ask is thank you, this adaptation is a masterpiece and a surprise for me as a gamer and otaku, I could enjoy even more. I will surely not forget this anime so soon and I will recommend to persons too, even hideo Kojima knows enjoyed haha, many loves and thanks
Oct 8, 2022 10:47 AM

Mar 2022
IPDan4ik said:
They killed almost all key characters
exactly, now they want us to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play against this mf named adam smasher haha, but literaly they murder everyone basicaly, and with all that information I dunno if it's possible a 2 season, I really don't see how can exist one, but if exist someday it would be awesome, and now they are making a new cyberpunk game too, I'm excited
Oct 8, 2022 12:41 PM
Dec 2019
PAINPAINPAINPAINPAIN
Oct 8, 2022 4:12 PM

Oct 2022
Damn... this ending.
Oct 8, 2022 4:15 PM
Jun 2022
Man, i never can not love it when an anime has a sad ending, the deaths in the ending are what makes an anime like this have a perfect ending, it is totally adequate to the fact that "Night city is a prison", but im not sad, i knew the anime was gonna end like this since episode 2
Takemura1023Jan 5, 3:04 PM
Oct 8, 2022 8:09 PM

Aug 2018
Well, the story was OK, it worked because of the animation. The story was straightforward, not many twists (if it had any), the characters were fine (but the kinda fked themselves more than once), animation was amazing and the art too. Soundtrack was good for me. Loved the gore, we don't get that many anymore.

The END is pretty depressing, everyone lost. Lucy was left completly alone, lol. And Falco, well, he is probably the side character with less screen time of the show, I kinda didn't gave a fk about him.

stmwg01 said:
I expected the ending, but Becca!? Really!? Comeon!! I was so sad Becca bit it, leaving only Falco and Lucy.

Not Becca!
Actually it felt like the most unnecesary death of the story and kidna stupid... I mean, Adam was there behind them and they just forget about him??? I mean, WTF?? They were talking like nothing, standing up in the open despite having that beast behind them.

Oct 8, 2022 10:35 PM

Aug 2011
As someone who thoroughly enjoyed my 60+ hour full run of the Cyberpunk 2077 game, I really enjoyed the love and care Trigger gave the world and atmosphere the developer's envisioned. So many nods to characters/events in the game that were fun to spot. Could have easily gave it to another studio that would have viewed the project as a paycheck.

Overall, I think this is some of Trigger's best. It is admittingly a very odd paring given the tone of Cyberpunk in general and Trigger's style but I think it works well. Some may not like how cartoonishly "Trigger" it gets though it the last few episodes and I understand that completely. Also need to be able to turn your brain off sometimes in regards to the plot (the last couple of episodes) and just enjoy the ride.

And the ending while predictable, is exactly how it should be. David is in fact not "different" enough to overcome the Night City legend, Adam Smasher.
Oct 8, 2022 10:42 PM

Jul 2016
Dude... David dying was already a given since Ep.5 but why my girl Rebecca? Her death came so out of nowhere. Pretty much as out of nowhere as Adam Smasher's forced inclusion in this mess of a finale.

So well... that was Cyberpunk: Edgerunners for you. A highly entertaining experience brought to us by Trigger with cool aesthetics, a solid OST and tons of over-the-top action and violence but that was mostly it. Good thing I watched this show with zero expectations of a good story tho.

Gotta be honest, the writing wasn't particularly remarkable during the first episodes but man did the time-skip ruin this series' second half. Maine died because of having too many implants on him yet David thought it was a good idea to follow his steps and become cyberpunk 50 Cent smh. And seeing Lucy going from badass female lead to lovestruck damsel in distress was probably the thing that disappointed me the most. Like seriously, her relationship with David didn't even feel that deep ffs.

But well... other than that (and some other aspects the anime also had problems with), I still had a nice time while watching. Action was entertaining, characters weren't annoying (just stupid in some cases) and seeing Trigger flexing their animation style is always a plus. Especially in a cyberpunk setting such as this one.

7/10 - And there goes another Trigger show that ends in space...

Also Lucy is 100% gonna kill herself. Because that must be the most depressing "dream come true" moment I have seen in a while.
Oct 8, 2022 11:13 PM

Oct 2020
That final moon scene was rough </3
Oct 9, 2022 5:45 AM
Aug 2022
I loved this anime except for the last episode.

I don't know what you think about this series, but for me the last episode was a 💩.

the main characters die for a trivial reason.

the animation and graphics are very well done, I liked that it is a new style of animation, but only the animation is good, the story is not to everyone's liking, many main characters die.
Pages (21) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» "Cyberpunk 2077" creator CDPR revealed that they are planning more Animation Projects set in the Cyberpunk universe!

deg - Aug 29

34 by NiQue_ »»
7 hours ago

» Why is this allowed on MAL while Studio Deen's Rick and Morty anime is not? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Sep 14, 2022

95 by HaipaRemon »»
Sep 18, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

erniii - Sep 12, 2022

227 by theweeb78 »»
Sep 5, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by NillyPC »»
Aug 19, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

96 by NillyPC »»
Aug 19, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.