Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 2, 2009 5:11 AM

Feb 2008
That was great. We got some answers but also new questions again. Also the animation was top notch as usual. Damn, this show is great.
May 2, 2009 5:12 AM

May 2008
First half of the episode was boring, but the second half managed to turn things around. Still a bit disappointing as it didn't explain a whole lot that wasn't pretty obvious and Saki is becoming little more than a nuisance, but overall a pretty decent episode.
May 2, 2009 5:35 AM

Jan 2009
Uh, the Mystery that has built this story seems ridiculous to me, and the over rushed love is just typical. For me this seems like another Bourne story. Not going to drop at this point since is just 11 episodes. But the first and second episodes seemed so promising, now im fucking dissapointed.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
May 2, 2009 5:41 AM

Dec 2008
Tamaki-san said:
Uh, the Mystery that has built this story seems ridiculous to me, and the over rushed love is just typical. For me this seems like another Bourne story. Not going to drop at this point since is just 11 episodes. But the first and second episodes seemed so promising, now im fucking dissapointed.
Over rushed love? What?
May 2, 2009 6:03 AM

May 2008
It was an episode to clear up some questions, using the doctor character to do so.
Still many mysteries to be solved but only seven episodes left.
Two seleçãos down, a supporter, Takizawa Akira, and seven more seleçãos left.
I guess every episode will take part in a different seleção's story.
One episode can include a twin brother/sister episode so the last episode can be an epic phone battle between Akira and the supporter perhaps.
To save Saki's life, who accidentally got in the middle of the fight, Akira will use all his noblesse oblige phone power to save her and fulfill what a savior's supposed to do, to love someone.
Since Akira didn't throw any prinnies into monsters, he will rule the world with the ultimate phone Yoshitsuna...

(wanders off)
May 2, 2009 6:07 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Tamaki-san said:
Over rushed love? What?

3 episodes and she is already in love with him. Rushed love? Yes.

May 2, 2009 6:11 AM

Dec 2008
Tamaki-san said:
robbydesu said:
Tamaki-san said:
Over rushed love? What?

I don't think she's in love with him, atleast not yet. I think right now she's just more attracted to him because it was just a person she unexpectantly met. For a girl who just met a guy who lost all his memories about himself is intriguing. Clearly it's not so simple as for her to immediately "in love" with him; we see a glimpse at her love for her brother-in-law.
May 2, 2009 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Tamaki-san said:
robbydesu said:
Tamaki-san said:
Over rushed love? What?

I don't think she's in love with him, atleast not yet. I think right now she's just more attracted to him because it was just a person she unexpectantly met. For a girl who just met a guy who lost all his memories about himself is intriguing. Clearly it's not so simple as for her to immediately "in love" with him; we see a glimpse at her love for her brother-in-law.

She can't stop thinking about him, she even send a SMS saying that she needed a reply -obviusly she deleted it because she thought it was too rushed-. And again this is my opinion. This dissapointed me.

May 2, 2009 6:17 AM

Dec 2008
Tamaki-san said:
robbydesu said:
Tamaki-san said:
robbydesu said:
Tamaki-san said:
Over rushed love? What?

She can't stop thinking about him, she even send a SMS saying that she needed a reply -obviusly she deleted it because she thought it was too rushed-. And again this is my opinion. This dissapointed me.
Yea I don't deny that, but I think there is a difference between a crush and being in love :P And right now in my perspective, she probably has a crush or infatuation with him.

I can put myself in her shoes...being on vacation...meeting the ultimate mysterious guy who's not only a gentleman, but he forgot all of his memories.....yeap, I will probably have a crush on him XD. But "in love"? Naah...in love is more like.... Ryuuga and Taiga from Toradora.
May 2, 2009 6:19 AM

May 2008
awww dam those white things are disgusting whatever they are,this episode was kinda screwed up but im still loving it

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 2, 2009 6:20 AM

Dec 2008
greenmush said:
awww dam those white things are disgusting whatever they are,this episode was kinda screwed up but im still loving it
Hahaha yea, I was like wait-what?! What's going on?! Did this just turn into a sci-fi anime?

...and then we find out he was just imagining all of that, I laughed at my stupidity XD
May 2, 2009 6:24 AM

May 2008
Akira saved Saki from getting arrested in DC
he showed her his johnny (in two different versions)
had a celebrity moment at the airport in Japan
went out on a date
showed her that he's rich and owns a MALL with a cute little angel dog
she was able to watch her most favorite movie (although he couldn't be there)

If I was a lucky girl like that, I'd fall for him too.
He's too interesting to just let go!

I agree with robbydesu. All that is not 'love'.
May 2, 2009 6:25 AM

Dec 2008
juun said:
Yea, as I'm watching the episodes, I'm already imagining myself meeting a guy like that XD...a girl can only dream (>_> my poor bf...)
May 2, 2009 6:27 AM

May 2008
robbydesu said:
juun said:
Yea, as I'm watching the episodes, I'm already imagining myself meeting a guy like that XD...a girl can only dream (>_> my poor bf...)

Go make a wish on your penny and throw it in the white house!
May 2, 2009 6:28 AM

Dec 2008
juun said:
robbydesu said:
juun said:

LOL!! Then you'll see my bf make a wish on a penny for my wish to not come true ahahahaha~
May 2, 2009 6:30 AM

May 2008
robbydesu said:
juun said:
robbydesu said:
juun said:

LOL!! Then you'll see my bf make a wish on a penny for my wish to not come true ahahahaha~

you can wish that he'll become one ;)
May 2, 2009 6:31 AM

Dec 2008
juun said:
robbydesu said:
juun said:
robbydesu said:
juun said:

you can wish that he'll become one ;)
OOOOH~ XD ahahahaha creative! Let me go get my pennies now :D
May 2, 2009 6:40 AM

Jul 2005
This episode made me think that maybe Akira didn't really make himself lose all his memories, maybe it was the Supporter (the guy in a suit in the car talking to Juiz). I mean, is it impossible to ask Juiz to erase another Selecaos memories? And it seems that something like it is the Supporters work.
May 2, 2009 8:14 AM

Jan 2009
groovymatt said:
Tamaki-san said:

:-/ Except the only similarity it has to Bourne is that the main character has lost his memories.

Everything to do wih the selecaos, the concept of them being given money to "save Japan", having another person kill them if they run out of money, that Akira would willingly erase his own memory, the whole stuff about how he may have orchestrated a terrorist attack on Japan etc etc. Is not at all reminiscent of Boune.

As for the "rushed relationship".As others have said i think you're jumping the gun a bit, she hasn't declared her love for him and intention to stay with him forever.

And whilst it can be annoying, well, it's the kind of problem in nearly every film/anime that has a romance sub plot. There's always a love story that we have to suspend our disbelief for because they don't have time to slowly showing them fall for each other.

I didn't said "EXACTLY LIKE BOURNE". Re-read again; i said "Another Bourne", typical spy who deleted his memories and got a chick.

Not a "rushed relationship"? Yeah, she saw him naked in the first episode, and on the 4th one she already can't stop thinking about him. Not rushed... right.

No he hasn't declared her love for him. Wich makes it more ridiculous yet because its the same crap as other shows i've seen, she obviusly doesn't know that she loves him "YET" <---- Did you saw what i did there?

I see a happy Kiss/Kiss ending.

May 2, 2009 8:37 AM

Dec 2008
Tamaki-san said:
I see a happy Kiss/Kiss ending.
You make that sound like such a bad thing. Come on, there are always some themes in movies, books, animes, etc. that are generally...generic. If you want something nice with a slower look at a love relationship then watch something else liek Bokura ga Ita.

This anime's main theme isn't about the love story. And just because a girl saw a guy naked means that she's fallen in love with the guy? What? That doesn't really make sense to me. Just because you're thinking of someone who's unusual and attractive doesn't necessarily mean you've fallen in love with the guy. I'm not sure if you understood what I and a couple other people had mentioned...but infatuation and love is not really the same thing.

If you want to talk about a "rushed relationship" go check out the tons of harems out there. Now THOSE are what I call disappointing.

If she was really in love with the guy, which personally I don't really believe in this "love at first sight" idea, she would've immediately went to look for Akira after the movie ended.
May 2, 2009 8:53 AM
Dec 2007
Tamaki-san, haven't you ever had a crush? It hardly felt like love straight away, did it? Like robbydesu said, it's just an infatuation, the stirrings of a crush. Perfectly natural.

Saki is a girl with a presumably normal life, who has just finished college. She's about to return home for a job interview, she knows what's going to happen next. However, what she doesn't expect is meeting this bizarre, mysterious guy. Mysterious in all sense of the word; he even lost his memories! He's charming, and charismatic. Saki acts like any girl would, and with maturity, even. She accepts that she has some sort of attraction to him, and the maturity is shown when she's in his private cinema, she doesn't goad him on why he doesn't come down to her. She accepts it, and walks off. She cares for his well being, hence why she sends the message. But, she knows that she shouldn't be too forward, hence why she deletes the, 'call me as soon as you can!' part. It might scare him away.

I think considering the situation, Saki's feelings are realistic. She doesn't think, "ah, it's love!" straight away, like most people wouldn't. I don't know where you got the she's-in-love-with-him thing from. Again, like robbydesu said, it's certainly not a rushed relationship, like the harems you see polluting the anime pool. Like Clannad, to name a currently 'popular' harem series.
May 2, 2009 8:55 AM

Sep 2007
I don't see anything wrong with Saki being attached to Akira. She'd just graduated and was about to go on with her normal life and then some naked guy comes out of nowhere with no memories and is just generally mysterious. And everything she experienced with him after that is something she probably never thought she'd ever experience. Of course she's going to be attached to him. Maybe it'll turn into love later, but I don't think that's what she has right now.
May 2, 2009 8:59 AM

Jan 2009
You missed completely the point of this anime. Wich has been the theme the past 4 episodes? Romance.

This is rushed romance and thats a fact. Its completely obvious.

No, i don't sound like the Kiss/Kiss ending would be a bad ending. I just don't wanna "Watch more from what i've watched". You gave a 9 to Myself; Yourself. That serie is the most generic i've seen. It seems you're a fanboy/girl from romance stuff.

And its a fact that i like romance, but on its own original way. Not this, this seems like another copy paste from another movie i've seen on theaters, or real tv. One of the reasons that i watch anime is because NO REAL ACTION MOVIE/SHOW could ever had a plot like a anime would/should/could have. If i wanna watch the typical spy show who gets the girl and has a tragic past i'll just watch 007, Bourne, Le Carre 's A Perfect Spy, or even Wild Wild West.

Sorry but this is not of my like. As i said before this is just "Another Bourne" story, and i won't droop it at this point. Generic in my opinion? Maybe. Just get over it, after all is a personal opinion.
MikiyoMay 2, 2009 9:02 AM

May 2, 2009 9:16 AM
Dec 2007
Tamaki-san said:

And its a fact that i like romance, but on its own original way.

Are you saying that something akin to Clannad, Toradora!, or School Days is original? Seriously? I hate to nitpick, but you gave those three pretty high scores. How could you give something like School Days 8/10? How you gave it that score completely boggles my mind. Not only is the main character a complete idiot, he just gets only worse as the series progresses. He makes the most ridiculous choices, and I can only assume that the creators of the original game wanted to make him as unlikable as possible. Although clearly winning the title of 'worst character' in that series, the rest of the cast are almost just as bad. Two utter ninnies who can't see Makoto for what he really is, and follow him faithfully. Throughout the last part of the series, more girls seem to be attracted to this garbage, and he gets what he deserves.

You're calling it an original romance? Seriously?
May 2, 2009 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
RetroRainbow said:

Are you saying that something akin to Clannad, Toradora!, or School Days is original? Seriously? I hate to nitpick, but you gave those three pretty high scores. How could you give something like School Days 8/10? How you gave it that score completely boggles my mind. Not only is the main character a complete idiot, he just gets only worse as the series progresses. He makes the most ridiculous choices, and I can only assume that the creators of the original game wanted to make him as unlikable as possible. Although clearly winning the title of 'worst character' in that series, the rest of the cast are almost just as bad. Two utter ninnies who can't see Makoto for what he really is, and follow him faithfully. Throughout the last part of the series, more girls seem to be attracted to this garbage, and he gets what he deserves.

You're calling it an original romance? Seriously?

Tamaki-san said:

Just get over it, after all is a personal opinion.

Wich part of "AFTER ALL IS A PERSONAL OPINION" didn't you read?

I didn't gave 8/10 because of Makoto, i could care SHIT about him. The plot was tragic, cruel, funny, and retarded. I gave a 8/10 because i enjoyed it and made me feel like no other show has; disgusted. Period. Raitings are based or personal opionion.

Also, if you can't stand someone's opinion in the internet i suggest you get a girlfriend/boyfriend.

May 2, 2009 9:38 AM

Dec 2008
Tamaki-san said:
You gave a 9 to Myself; Yourself. That serie is the most generic i've seen. It seems you're a fanboy/girl from romance stuff.

And its a fact that i like romance, but on its own original way. Not this, this seems like another copy paste from another movie i've seen on theaters, or real tv. One of the reasons that i watch anime is because NO REAL ACTION MOVIE/SHOW could ever had a plot like a anime would/should/could have. If i wanna watch the typical spy show who gets the girl and has a tragic past i'll just watch 007, Bourne, Le Carre 's A Perfect Spy, or even Wild Wild West.

Sorry but this is not of my like. As i said before this is just "Another Bourne" story, and i won't droop it at this point. Generic in my opinion? Maybe. Just get over it, after all is a personal opinion.
Dude that's just kinda creepy how you just went to check out how I rated the animes I've watched, I know that's the purpose of the website, but still o___o.

In terms of how I rated Myself; Yourself....have you noticed that a lot of my ratings are really biased and high XD? That's just how I am. Sure the anime is by far one of the most generic I've seen, but I still enjoyed a lot of other aspects of the anime. Maybe it's the characters, the art, the music? To tell you the truth, I barely remember the details, my memory is just that sad.

Just because I like "generic" romance animes, that makes me a "fanGIRL from romance stuff"? I don't even know what I should say to that but "whaaat?" Have you skipped over the fact that there are other genres of anime that I watch? And btw, my animelist isn't even a good representation of what I watch, my memory is so bad to the point that I've forgotten a lot of others that's not on the list.

And there is only so much "creativity" when it comes to creating a romance story. Eventually, a lot of themes are re-used. That's just how it is in this world. I swear there are countless of romcom movies out there. But people will still watch them for the sake of just enjoying them.

Of course I don't mind hearing your opinion, that's what a forum is for. But your logic just doesn't make sense to me...(no offense)

Tamaki-san said:

Wich part of "AFTER ALL IS A PERSONAL OPINION" didn't you read?

Also, if you can't stand someone's opinion in the internet i suggest you get a girlfriend/boyfriend.
Oh man ><...there's no need to get all defensive about this. We all know it's a personal opinion, but there has to be a sort of understandable logic behind a person's opinion. And what does accepting others' opinions have to do with getting a gf/bf?
robbydesuMay 2, 2009 9:45 AM
May 2, 2009 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
Oh shit. I don't give a damn. I love the romance. and the action, mystery and crazy sci-fi going on here. That whole scene where Akira met those, skeletons was tripping me out. I'm loving this show so fucking much <3~
May 2, 2009 1:40 PM

Apr 2008
There is too much e-drama going on in this thread :3. Anyways that was an enjoyable episode. To tell the truth after watching 2 episode of Higashi no Eden I was on the verge on dropping it but now I'm glad I didn't :). It is interesting and tickles my curiosity as to what really happened before he lost his memory. Looking forward to the next episode!
May 2, 2009 4:17 PM

Nov 2006
If Akira really did kill the NEETs, I won't be very happy with him D:
May 2, 2009 8:51 PM
May 2008
Wow, the whole bridge scene really made me think WTF!!! I like that there may be a psychological side to the story... just have to wait and see how that develops. Plus the supporter is quite an interesting concept, wonder where that will lead to.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 2, 2009 9:31 PM

May 2007
It's just getting more intense with each episode. I love it. I hope Akira is going to find more Selecaos next episode. Wonder who Mr. Outside is....

May 2, 2009 10:34 PM
Mar 2009
I have only one thing to say about this episode

JOHNNY!
May 3, 2009 12:30 AM

Jun 2007
Did they ever find the NEET's body's? If not then chances are he found something useful they could do to contribute to the country. Killing NEETs doesn't seem like a helpful thing. Killing hard blood thirsty criminals would be more understanding. There's also the possibility that the NEETs lived where the missiles where going to crash. Maybe he knew this before hand and decided to capture them to protect them from the explosion.

A few things popped into my head after watching this episode. They said the first to accomplish the goal of saving the country would win and all other members would be taken out. Well if that's true then I suspect if the members know that one of them is about to accomplish the goal chances are their all going to use their money to stop that member from accomplishing it. It should get interesting when and if that starts happening towards the end.
May 3, 2009 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
truly a very powerful sries this season..
May 3, 2009 12:40 AM

Apr 2009
but i hope the plot would not be just that of showig different selecao for every week.. hope something big comes..
argiliumMay 3, 2009 12:43 AM
May 3, 2009 1:10 AM

Oct 2007
Darkii said:
This was fucked up, it really was.

May 3, 2009 1:32 AM

Dec 2007
Man is this show getting good, so number five dies after using his money to help a decent number of people but not the country as a whole, sacrificing himself for their good. I think it's possible that Akira might have been using his money the wrong way and voluntarily had his memory erased so that he would live on.

Yata-sama said:
My thoughts after this ep:
Akira = Kira
Akira's Phone = Death Note

Not at all, unless you would like to explain.

#NBHNC
May 3, 2009 2:32 AM

Feb 2009
PeanutSteak said:
Man is this show getting good, so number five dies after using his money to help a decent number of people but not the country as a whole, sacrificing himself for their good. I think it's possible that Akira might have been using his money the wrong way and voluntarily had his memory erased so that he would live on.

Yata-sama said:
Akira = Kira

Well said.
May 3, 2009 7:34 AM

Mar 2009
At this point I'm definitely going to call Eden of the East one of the most intriguing shows I've seen in a while. Saving an entire country with only 10 billion yen seems like a joke, although the game is deadly serious.

I need to give this series more thought, but at this point I wonder if the combined yen and subsequent actions of everyone involved is meant to save Japan. Ie, the only real winner in this could be the country, while those Messiahs become sacrificial lambs, save the supporter. In the end, it could be a game that none of the players were ever meant to win. Perhaps the good doctor realized this long before anyone else did. It's just a theory.

I can't wait to see how this all pans out by the last episode.
May 3, 2009 10:44 AM

Dec 2008
PeanutSteak said:
Yata-sama said:
Akira = Kira

Both Light and Akira killed useless for country people (Light - criminals, Akira - NEETs) aiming for better world.
May 3, 2009 12:52 PM

Jan 2008
This is definitely getting more and more interesting o: tho I hope that they won't just show a new Selecao every week xD actually, I'm almost 100% sure they'll have a great ending for the show and won't screw up all of it's potential :]
We're all insane
May 3, 2009 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
Yata-sama said:
PeanutSteak said:
Yata-sama said:
Akira = Kira

Both Light and Akira killed useless for country people (Light - criminals, Akira - NEETs) aiming for better world.

Personality-wise, Akira and Kira are hardly alike. Kira was an over-confident, pompous, douche with a god complex. Akira just seems like a normal guy, though he has a lot of charisma (as far as I can tell with his limited history).

The phone can be used like a Death Note if the user feels the need to use it that way, but it can be used for a myriad of purpose, such as building a hospital for the elderly. The reason why Akira gathered all the NEETs is still unknown at this point, right? Plus, Kira might have started off killing criminals, but then he just started killing anyone who went against him.

Regarding the mononoke-looking things, I would have become very disappointed if they tried to add some kind of sci-fi twist to the show. I feel that the creators have been trying very hard to set the show in "reality". Making references to many landmarks, events, and movies throughout the series. I'm wondering if that is the only purpose of the movie references, though. I'm hoping that having knowledge of all of these movies plays some kind of role in the story later on seeing as how movies are really all that Akira remembers from his past.

May 3, 2009 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
The explanation of "the game" (we just lost) reminded me of The World Ends With You o.o

oh and yeah I was like O_O WTF at the bridge scene XD reminded me of some monsters in legend of zelda

May 3, 2009 3:22 PM

Oct 2007
man, I really like the story, but @#&% I can't stand Saki. Her complete uselessness and utter lack of personality makes me not want to watch this.
May 3, 2009 3:29 PM
Sep 2008
I think the ghosts were just a hallucination, maybe about guilt or maybe Akira really was unstable a little mentally. They obviously weren't real because those men didn't see them and Akira thought that he jumped/fell farther than he actually did.

Can a few or all of the selecao get together and try to accomplish one goal with more money and people to think of ideas? Would they all win, then? The trouble would be agreeing with each other, though.

A good idea might be to use the money to bribe yourself into an amazingly well-paying job then you could have more money in addition to the phone's money to save the country with.

I don't know. Just thoughts.
May 3, 2009 3:42 PM

Sep 2008
This show keeps getting better and better ^^

May 3, 2009 5:38 PM

Mar 2008
Pretty wicked episode. I can't believe this series is only going to be 11 episodes.

I can't believe people are likening it to Death Note though. It's more similar to Bokurano or Gantz.
deafconMay 3, 2009 5:48 PM
May 4, 2009 12:57 AM

Mar 2009
happyhellhound said:
The explanation of "the game" (we just lost) reminded me of The World Ends With You o.o

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. XD
May 4, 2009 1:48 AM
Jun 2008
Even thought what we think to be the supporter may or may not be the Supporter.
I think that Akira is the Supporter.
May 4, 2009 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
I liked the "Quadrophenia" reference.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.