Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Outbreak Company: Moeru Shinryakusha' to get TV Anime Adaptation (Confirmed to Air Fall 2013)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 24, 2013 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
jmal said:
ThangLong said:
Throwing in ethnic discrimination, social problem, conflict with neighboring countries and we have a perfect Sim Moe.

I know your post is meant largely tongue-in-cheek but nationalistic/xenophobic tendencies aren't specially unique to otaku or anything.

Also, I honestly don't think most otaku have an inclination to evangelize their hobby in public, or would even if doing so it weren't stigmatized. The more bombastic individuals just get more attention because that's how it is with, well, everything.

To clarify, my comment does not imply that otaku are nationalistic/xenophobic if that is what you were thinking of. For me, those added real world social problems will enhance the depth of this story if they are handled right.

As for spreading anime, the key word here is "dream of" not actually "do it." Just like with every other hoppy, people want to share their love of anime too. Whether or not the majority of Otaku are actively evangelizing it to people is another matter.
ThangLongApr 24, 2013 12:33 PM
Apr 24, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
Well then...
Apr 24, 2013 12:35 PM

Dec 2011
Time to put this on the list of things to recommend to everyone who seems to think "original" = "good".
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 24, 2013 2:06 PM

May 2011
Well that plot sounds strange but looks pretty interesting tbh.
Apr 24, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2008
I'm strongly reminded of /a/'s anime idea threads.
This is exactly the kind of idea I'd scroll past, but then so is TWGOK. With such straightforward fantasies, I can never tell if the author's gonna make it bold and awesome or just embarrassing and shallow.
Apr 24, 2013 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
jmal said:
ThangLong said:
Throwing in ethnic discrimination, social problem, conflict with neighboring countries and we have a perfect Sim Moe.

I know your post is meant largely tongue-in-cheek but nationalistic/xenophobic tendencies aren't specially unique to otaku or anything.

Also, I honestly don't think most otaku have an inclination to evangelize their hobby in public, or would even if doing so it weren't stigmatized. The more bombastic individuals just get more attention because that's how it is with, well, everything.

It's just that nationalist/xenophobic aspect sticks out like a sore thumb, probably because it's so universal right now and just in Japan, it's occurring here in the States as well.

It's sad that the fanatics get the most attention, a lot of times for the bad instead of the good or fun things, it would be nice to hear a significant amount of good things an Otaku has done rather than the ridiculously bad such as threats to seiyuu over every little thing they think they did wrong.

Apr 24, 2013 3:29 PM

Jun 2008
Sounds so fun i'll need to check it out x]
Apr 24, 2013 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
Quite an odd plot...
Apr 24, 2013 4:17 PM

Dec 2009
Can't tell if it's a parody or trying to take itself serious.
Apr 24, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
Go to another world is mostly interesting.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 24, 2013 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
Sounds ridiculously awful. As are 98% of LN and their adaptions.
Apr 24, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
sounds like a complete BS story~!
gonna watch it.
Apr 24, 2013 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
On one hand synopsis sounds like total BS, but on the other hand it sounds...idk, unique and maybe fun(?)+ character design is pwetty.Well anyways ill be checking this out.

I mean look at teh elf maido >_>
Apr 24, 2013 7:41 PM

Nov 2010
Sounds like GATE without military hijjinks but with superior art.

I have no idea will this show become. I guess it will be surprisingly awesome or simply trash.
Apr 24, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2012
I will be watching this if only for the elf girl named Myuseru. Sorry but elf girls are one of my favorites in anime and manga. So I'm hoping the graphics will be good for this one.
Apr 24, 2013 7:56 PM

Apr 2011
Crap... I hope this will be a gre...

No... I'm sorry I can't finish that sentence.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 24, 2013 9:21 PM

Nov 2011
Kind of like the artwork, not sure on premise. I will definitely give this a shot though.
Apr 24, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2010
now THIS...should be interesting. and not even becuz of the moe, just the MC dealing with MOE discrimination ( i never though i would ever see moe and discrimination in the same sentence)

Apr 24, 2013 10:56 PM

Sep 2010
I would have skipped this cause more moe crap, but the summary has me interested plus its fantasy so I'll watch it might actually be good. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 25, 2013 3:39 AM
Sep 2012
Just read the chinese versions. Mostly anime references and jokes. Reminds me of Zetsubou Sensei and Denpa Kyoshi and Nyaruko.
Apr 25, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
... pipiru piru piru pipiru pi ...

Apr 25, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
Sounds like GATE without military hijjinks but with superior art.

I have no idea will this show become. I guess it will be surprisingly awesome or simply trash.

My main worry is that if this flops, then a GATE anime is a no-go.
Apr 25, 2013 9:16 AM
Mar 2009
The premise is so ridiculous.
Apr 25, 2013 10:40 AM

Nov 2008
That's something else i'll just wait until i go further into it
Jul 8, 2013 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Jul 8, 2013 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
Some info regarding this upcoming series:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-08/studio-feel-animates-outbreak-company-tv-anime

Studio Feel will be involved.

Expect ecchi and a lot of it, many of the series they cover often have it.

Jul 10, 2013 4:35 AM

Mar 2008
Stark700 said:
Some info regarding this upcoming series:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-08/studio-feel-animates-outbreak-company-tv-anime

Studio Feel will be involved.

Here's the key visual sketches:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otaku_blog/imgs/8/4/84cbfc6d.jpg
Jul 10, 2013 5:49 AM
May 2012
sounds awesome to me.
Jul 10, 2013 7:05 AM

Jul 2013
that plot sound INTERESTING or can i say not-too-mainstrean.and otaku culture with some echi maybe will make it good.
just waiting what studio that will do it.
definitely will watch.
Jul 11, 2013 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
Anime official website: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/obc/

2013 Fall is sooner than I expected.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 11, 2013 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
The plot is ridiculous enough to make it interesting. Can't wait for Fall.
Jul 29, 2013 12:07 AM
Oct 2009
What a weird plot....well, might as well watch it stoned to get the full experience!
LT-DT!!!
Jul 29, 2013 6:18 AM

Feb 2012
Geolga9 said:
This sounds like it'll either be painfully bad or incredibly good.

3-episode rule, do your thing...

word.
I agree with this like a 1000%. lol
Aug 7, 2013 7:42 AM
Aug 7, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
^ I hope the key visual was done in a rush and the anime will be different...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 7, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
Painfully average key visual there.

Aug 7, 2013 8:23 AM

Feb 2012
I hope it's fanart... I hope it's fanart... (or atleast FUNart) *crosses fingers*
Aug 7, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
HauntingShock said:
I hope it's fanart... I hope it's fanart... (or atleast FUNart) *crosses fingers*

It's not fanart sad to say, and it's rushed to the point of being so average it sucks.

Aug 7, 2013 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
57 minutes ago
symbv
News Team
^ I hope the key visual was done in a rush and the anime will be different...

=> +1
Aug 8, 2013 12:24 PM

Mar 2008
Full version of the same key visual:

Artwork looks okay to me aside from the heroine's triangular face (still better than Aku no Hana), I wonder what's wrong in it? Other than that, I hope the animation from the trailer will do justice once it releases. Also, the main cast will be announced for Saturday.
Aug 8, 2013 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
MisaoFan said:

Artwork looks okay to me aside from the heroine's triangular face (still better than Aku no Hana), I wonder what's wrong in it? Other than that, I hope the animation from the trailer will do justice once it releases. Also, the main cast will be announced for Saturday.

I agree and yeah those triangular faces sticks out as painfully average, but at least I can look at this with a straight face unlike Aku no Hana.

Can't wait for the voice cast announcement.

Aug 10, 2013 1:08 AM

Mar 2008
Here's the cast according to the anime's official Twitter account:

Shinichiro Kanou: Natsuki Hanae
Myusel: Suzuko Mimori
Petrarca: Mai Fuchigami
Minori Koganuma (police officer): Maya Uchida
Elfia: Sumire Uesaka

Opening theme is "Universality Page" by Suzuko Mimori while the ending theme is "Watashi no Hoseki-bako" by Mai Fuchigami.
Aug 10, 2013 5:58 AM

Sep 2012
Fuchigami Mai is getting more roles these days. There is Arpeggio of Blue Steel recently announced and now this, also a main role. Recently I watched her riding a tank together with a bunch of GirlPan fans in a Self Defense Force base in Hokkaido. Amazing.

Aug 10, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
All depends on how its done. If its dne badly.... Its gonna be painfully stupid and unbearable. But if done well, well, one enjoyable Anime. i just hope it doesnt try to make us forget about e inherent ridiculousness of the premise.

MisaoFan said:

Another European fantasy show?

The faces look like they were badly chiseled out from a rock or something, the eyes also look unfocused, if THIS was the cover art, I'm scared of whats to come.

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaAug 10, 2013 7:34 AM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 10, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
^ Please try not to post 2 posts consecutively in a short time...

GodlyKyon said:
All depends on how its done. If its dne badly.... Its gonna be painfully stupid and unbearable. But if done well, well, one enjoyable Anime. i just hope it doesnt try to make us forget about e inherent ridiculousness of the premise.
Actually I would not mind if it makes us forget about the inherent ridiculousness of the premise. Girls und Panzer is a brilliant example of why making us forget the ridiculousness of the premise is not such a bad thing at all.

Aug 10, 2013 7:49 AM

Feb 2012
Screenshots of the PV from the official site:
Sep 6, 2013 4:25 AM

Mar 2008
New key visual:
http://i.minus.com/jh8rKY1i0hBZL.png

PV is out on the official website.
Sep 6, 2013 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
The premise somehow screams "meh" to me, and looks like it's just going to be another tale about ridiculously cheap excuse for the show's lead to conveniently get girls. But at least i should give it some credit for not using obnoxiously longass title

Definitely won't be watching it.

*walks away*
Sep 6, 2013 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
> *walks away*

Has to feel compelled to spew a bunch of bland negative words first and can't walk away quietly, huh?

Sep 6, 2013 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
*walks in*

Lol what'd you expect me to say then? That's pretty much my honest opinions based on the premise alone, the usual gimmicky stuffs that vast majority of LN adaptations seem to suffer from. Or maybe you want me to call this "Best plot ever" and being sarcastic like some other people in this thread? I'm sorry, but being straightforward and blunt is apparently my thing.

Now, go ahead and attack my opinion with your usual sarcasm. That's what you're very good at
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Tamon-kun Ima Docchi!?' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

9 by _MushiRock11_ »»
2 hours ago

» 'Spy x Family' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Jun 9

35 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
4 hours ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Jun 9

30 by Playcool »»
10 hours ago

» 'Na Nare Hana Nare' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Nioxys - Today

3 by Hoppy »»
10 hours ago

» 'Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan' Reveals Additional Cast

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by bastek66 »»
Today, 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.