Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 20, 2013 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
No Eren is fine, in fact he is pretty good. And, Kaiji Yuki is doing a good job voicing him. Also OP, your complains are pathetic. How the living fuck is Kaiji Yuki doing the voice a precursor of SnK turning to shit. Do you think voice actors write the script or direct the show? Dont be retarded. Eren talked about not balancing himself for half an episode because not balancing yourself means getting kicked out of the army. There goes his dream for revenge. Seriously, do you have more than 2 braincells in your head to rub together? Cant you understand the most basic character motivations?
The Art of Eight
Apr 20, 2013 10:57 PM

Nov 2010
j0x said:
its the common formula or ingredient on any shounen series and that is to make the main hero as pathetic as possible
Except he wasn't pathetic.
Apr 20, 2013 10:59 PM

Jan 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
its the common formula or ingredient on any shounen series and that is to make the main hero as pathetic as possible

ye i agree im just speaking on a general observation about shounen series, so get use to it and its no big deal, japan loves to make main characters that have flaws then get lucky or level up on later episodes
Apr 20, 2013 10:59 PM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
its the common formula or ingredient on any shounen series and that is for the audience to complain about the main character as much as possible
Fixed.
Apr 20, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2012
j0x said:

Shounen is the worst anime genre in history and 10 times worst than Harem.

Just go watch Seinen, Gar-shit for hipsters.
Apr 20, 2013 11:03 PM

Apr 2009
ElfinMint said:
j0x said:

Shounen is the worst anime genre in history and 10 times worst than Harem.

Just go watch Seinen, Gar-shit for hipsters.

Thanks for confirming that you're a fucking moron.
Apr 20, 2013 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:

ye i agree im just speaking on a general observation about shounen series, so get use to it and its no big deal, japan loves to make main characters that have flaws then get lucky or level up on later episodes

You mean like everyfucking one in the world. Jesus, you guys bitch way more than the most pathetic Kaiji Yuki character. If a character has flaws he is a whiner and is pathetic. If he is perfect, he is a Gary Stu phaggot. You guys are more bipolar than freakin tsunderes
The Art of Eight
Apr 20, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2009
dankickyou said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:

You mean like everyfucking one in the world. Jesus, you guys bitch way more than the most pathetic Kaiji Yuki character. If a character has flaws he is a whiner and is pathetic. If he is perfect, he is a Gary Stu phaggot. You guys are more bipolar than freakin tsunderes

lol im speaking on a general observation and advising OP to deal with it, im not whining or ranting at all

and why your signature states all anime is shit btw? your contradicting yourself?
Apr 20, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
dankickyou said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:

dankickyou stop having my thoughts!

I hate harem protagonists because they don't fuck all the girls. But I hate School Days because he fucks all the girls.

I hate SAO because Kirito always wins and he's too confident. But I hate Mirai Nikki because Yuki isn't confident and he's "wimpy".

I hate Guilty Crown because Shu doesn't want to fight. But I hate SnK because Eren wants to fight.

Fuck anime fans.
Apr 20, 2013 11:17 PM

Nov 2011
Red_Keys said:
dankickyou stop having my thoughts!

The Art of Eight
Apr 20, 2013 11:20 PM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:

I hate harem protagonists because they don't fuck all the girls. But I hate School Days because he fucks all the girls.

I hate SAO because Kirito always wins and he's too confident. But I hate Mirai Nikki because Yuki isn't confident and he's "wimpy".

I hate Guilty Crown because Shu doesn't want to fight. But I hate SnK because Eren wants to fight.

Fuck anime fans.

Bravo Bravo! this is the best opinion i`ve ever read, you deserve to be rewarded.
Apr 20, 2013 11:20 PM

Nov 2012
it's understable if you don't like the MC while honestly I am not really fond of eren's attitude as well, but hating the MC because of your unreasonable hate towards voice actor while he did a really good job is kinda... pathetic, no?
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Apr 20, 2013 11:21 PM

Jun 2010
Oh. Come. ON! You guys gotta stop this! Yuki Kaji is a great VA! And if you have a problem with the characters he voiced, then don't drag the VA into it. You're all too picky.

I don't hate Eren at all. I completely understand his character and his rage along with his desire to kill every Titan is 100% justified. I wonder if you'd prefer a MC for Shingeki no Kyojin who is a wimp at every occasion for no reason at all. Oh wait. That's right. Many of you hate wimpy MCs, just like you do Shu from GC. And to tell you, I don't think Shu deserves that much hate. He was just a normal student who is socially awkward, who one day gets involved in a battle against the government and his own past. Do you expect him to toughen up the instant he gets his Void powers? Wow, you don't have any taste at all.

In other words: QUIT BITCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING AND JUST ENJOY THE ANIME FOR WHAT IT IS! Characters will always have flaws. You don't like it that the character's not perfect, but you also don't like characters who are considered perfect. So which is it?! If I don't know any better, most of you are hypocrites!
Apr 20, 2013 11:23 PM

Jan 2008
ElfinMint said:
Red_Keys said:

Fuck anime fans.

Bravo Bravo! this is the best opinion i`ve ever read, you deserve to be rewarded.

Lols...?
Apr 20, 2013 11:23 PM

May 2011
I know that style of character (like Haruyuki and Shu) can be annoying at sometimes, but I dont think its the VA's fauly nesisarily. Its just the role hes been casted into. Also don't forget, he did play Satoru in Shinsekai yori, and if i do say so myself, he did an awesome job.

Side note: If you didnt watch shinsekai yori, please do yourself a favor and do so, it was awesome! (Tho the begining was indeed a bit slow).
Apr 20, 2013 11:24 PM

Jan 2009
Red_Keys said:

Fuck anime fans.

heh thats genius, this should be the first reply of any hate threads about the main character on any anime
Apr 20, 2013 11:26 PM
Nov 2011
SnK has a main trio as the MC.

Later on, (if the anime follows the manga), Hannes will even state that Mikasa has above-average combat skills, Eren has above-average willpower and that Armin has above-average intelligence.

In fact, of the two main arcs, all three of them play more or less equal roles in solving the problem (during the climax).
Apr 20, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
ElfinMint said:
Red_Keys said:

Fuck anime fans.

Fans of things in general lol
ElfinMint said:

LoL you think you're being clever.

I don't really have a problem with the MC at this time of the story because it's only been three episodes but he's so far going for the extreme determination that will soon turn him into a bad ass later on.
Apr 20, 2013 11:45 PM

Apr 2012
I don't care who the VA is, and I think it's silly to say a VA ruined an entire series. I don't really like the MC though, he's annoying and hot headed. His character is very cliche for this genre too.
Apr 21, 2013 12:04 AM

Apr 2013
OP is 1. A bad troll 2. Stupid
Apr 21, 2013 1:30 AM

Aug 2009
Another retarded thread and user
Red_Keys said:

Fuck anime fans.
Apr 21, 2013 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Another retarded thread and user
Red_Keys said:

Fuck anime fans.

One of the most unforgettable quote of the year.
Apr 21, 2013 1:46 AM

Feb 2011
Ofc something has to displease you . Why can't you just enjoy the GODDAMNED ANIME , since the concept is so unique and it's like the most entertaining series in a long period of time . No , I don't think I'll ever come to dislike Eren , I loved his determination in the latest ep (3) .
Apr 21, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:

Fuck anime fans.

It's not because you hate black and white, that you will hate every color in existence.
Apr 21, 2013 2:28 AM
Sep 2011
He was a bad-ass as Satoru in Shinsekai Yori.

I hope he'll use the same voice later on in this series.
Apr 21, 2013 2:30 AM

Jan 2011
Half-N-Half said:
I know that style of character (like Haruyuki and Shu) can be annoying at sometimes, but I dont think its the VA's fauly nesisarily. Its just the role hes been casted into. Also don't forget, he did play Satoru in Shinsekai yori, and if i do say so myself, he did an awesome job.

Side note: If you didnt watch shinsekai yori, please do yourself a favor and do so, it was awesome! (Tho the begining was indeed a bit slow).

I was ctrl+F-ing for Satoru, and I'm glad he finally showed up. You're right, and if Kaji Yuki's first redeeming role is in SSY, it's a good sign for Shingeki, since he was by far his best as Satoru.

And anyone who hasn't seen SSY, it's a great watch, and does things in such a subtle manner early on that it's amazing it pulled out the kinds of twists and revelations we got over 25 episodes. Not to mention it's an absolutely beautiful and poetic tragedy that's earned my respect for A-1 and rekindled my hopes for novel adaptations.
Apr 21, 2013 2:31 AM
Apr 21, 2013 2:32 AM

Sep 2012
antonn said:
Real MC:

Muscular girls turn me off.
Apr 21, 2013 2:34 AM

Aug 2009
Luxorcist said:
Half-N-Half said:

I was ctrl+F-ing for Satoru, and I'm glad he finally showed up. You're right, and if Kaji Yuki's first redeeming role is in SSY, it's a good sign for Shingeki, since he was by far his best as Satoru.
Implying that people hate the voice and not the MC or show itself.

Even if Sugita Tomokazu or Kamiya Hiroshi were voicing Shu or Haru nobody(from those that hate them)nothing would change because Shu is from GC and Haru is a "whinny fat pig"
Apr 21, 2013 2:36 AM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
antonn said:
Real MC:

Mikasa is right on the borderline for me.She is fine.If she(or any woman) becomes the female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger then that is a huge turn off.
ssjokgApr 21, 2013 5:22 AM
Apr 21, 2013 2:41 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Red_Keys said:
antonn said:
Real MC:

Mikasa is right on the borderline for me.If she(or any woman) becomes the female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger then that is a huge turn off.
I just realized, that's some wonky art.

The proportions are all wrong. Her forearm is thicker than her bicep, and her hand is the same length as her forearm. In fact, her right hand is twice as big as her left hand. Wat. And her feet are gynormous. Plus her boobs are very.. deformed looking. Dat pencil neck. The lower half of her body seems to be a bit larger than her upper half.

Terrible.
Apr 21, 2013 2:49 AM
Aug 2012
Honestly, I've hated him since the first episode and It's really making the show difficult to enjoy. The VA isn't bad but the character himself is a fucking dumbass.
Apr 21, 2013 2:53 AM

Mar 2013
Nope, I actually quite like the Mc.
Apr 21, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
ssjokg said:
Red_Keys said:
antonn said:
Real MC:

Mikasa is right on the borderline for me.If she(or any woman) becomes the female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger then that is a huge turn off.
I just realized, that's some wonky art.

The proportions are all wrong. Her forearm is thicker than her bicep, and her hand is the same length as her forearm. In fact, her right hand is twice as big as her left hand. Wat. And her feet are gynormous. Plus her boobs are very.. deformed looking. Dat pencil neck. The lower half of her body seems to be a bit larger than her upper half.

Terrible.
Still fapped.
Apr 21, 2013 3:26 AM

Nov 2009
The only thing i complain about yuki kaji is his scream, it fits the character well but when he get to voice a fight scene his pitch voice ruins the mood...
I can't complain about accel world because haru was a teenager.
but alibaba... i couldn't even take seriously his speech in balbadd with his voice...
I had the hope that they change the VA in the older eren.
Now i have to believe his pitch voice doesn't ruin the fight scene...
About the rest of the cast... they are not good but they aren't bad either.
Kamiya, Hiroshi for rivaille (?) don't know if i want...
Apr 21, 2013 4:51 AM

Jan 2012
I really have no hate for the VA but the anime has successfully made me hate Eren's guts in 3 episodes. The guy is pathetic and no doubt he will just get powered up to absurd levels in the later episodes. Oh well Mikasa saves it for me at the moment, but we will see how it progresses.
ReasonDesuApr 21, 2013 4:56 AM
Apr 21, 2013 4:54 AM

Aug 2009
ReasonDesu said:
I really have no hate for the VA but the anime has successfully made me hate Eren's guts in 3 episodes. The guy is pathetic and no doubt he will just get powered but to absurd levels in the later episodes. Oh well Mikasa saves it for me at the moment, but we will see how it progresses.

What if he
Apr 21, 2013 4:55 AM

Jan 2012
ssjokg said:
ReasonDesu said:

What if he

To be fair I could live with that quite happily.
Apr 21, 2013 4:56 AM

Apr 2010
ReasonDesu said:
I really have no hate for the VA but the anime has successfully made me hate Eren's guts in 3 episodes. The guy is pathetic and no doubt he will just get powered but to absurd levels in the later episodes. Oh well Mikasa saves it for me at the moment, but we will see how it progresses.

How so?
Apr 21, 2013 5:00 AM

Jan 2012
antonn said:
ReasonDesu said:
The guy is pathetic.

How so?

He was crying at soldiers telling them they never saw anyone die, got force-fed bread by a girl, flipped out at a close friend helping him and is generally a stuck up little brat in my opinion. That's just how I've interpreted it so far though, pretty pathetic to me.
Apr 21, 2013 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
ssjokg said:
ReasonDesu said:

What if he

To be fair I could live with that quite happily.
copy paste from wiki
The 104th Trainees Squad is the only graduating class introduced in the series and contains nearly all of the central characters.
The top ten of the class, those with the best grades, included, in order:
ReasonDesu said:
antonn said:
ReasonDesu said:
The guy is pathetic.

How so?

He was crying at soldiers telling them they never saw anyone die, got force-fed bread by a girl, flipped out at a close friend helping him and is generally a stuck up little brat in my opinion. That's just how I've interpreted it so far though, pretty pathetic to me.
He was right about the military police.
ssjokgApr 21, 2013 5:06 AM
Apr 21, 2013 5:04 AM

Apr 2010
ReasonDesu said:
antonn said:
ReasonDesu said:
The guy is pathetic.

How so?

Fair enough, but he was only 10yrs old then

Only gripe I have that is that the soldiers he was bitching out were the ones stationed behind the 2nd wall. Who probably have never seen a titan & they were saying the refugees should have been killed off by the titans.
Apr 21, 2013 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
antonn said:
ReasonDesu said:
The guy is pathetic.

How so?

Its true though. Those soldiers never saw a Titan in their lives. Titans are able to make grown soldiers freeze with fear at the mere sight of them but Eren is willing to fight despite witnessing first hand at what they can do.Eren is brave as fuck, everyone is commenting on it. Unless you think an aggressive, brave young man who actually goes out there to better himself so that he can achieve his goal is pathetic.
The Art of Eight
Apr 21, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2007
ReasonDesu said:
He was crying at soldiers telling them they never saw anyone die

And? he's right,these guys have been living inside the wall they havn't seen any battle action.

ReasonDesu said:
got force-fed bread by a girl

The girl in question is strong enough that she could do this to right about any boy she wants.

I'll give you the last one though
all for fun.fun for all
Apr 21, 2013 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:
Its true though. Those soldiers never saw a Titan in their lives. Titans are able to make grown soldiers freeze with fear at the mere sight of them but Eren is willing to fight despite witnessing first hand at what they can do.Eren is brave as fuck, everyone is commenting on it. Unless you think an aggressive, brave young man who actually goes out there to better himself so that he can achieve his goal is pathetic.

You are entitled to your opinion. I've already stated mine and yours isn't going to change it.
Apr 21, 2013 5:25 AM

Oct 2007
ReasonDesu said:
You are entitled to your opinion. I've already stated mine and yours isn't going to change it.

Everytime someones says this on the internet they should get a slap in the face.

You're entitled to an opinion as long as it's informed and based on facts.Not if it's based on misguided logic or info.
all for fun.fun for all
Apr 21, 2013 5:30 AM

Jan 2012
totoum said:
ReasonDesu said:

Everytime someones says this on the internet they should get a slap in the face.

You're entitled to an opinion as long as it's informed and based on facts.Not if it's based on misguided logic or info.

I know, how dare someone not like what you like on the internet, right... scandalous.
ReasonDesuApr 21, 2013 5:33 AM
Apr 21, 2013 5:41 AM

Oct 2007
ReasonDesu said:

I know, how dare someone not like what you like on the internet, right... scandalous.

I'm not sure how me or you liking something has anything to do with this.
all for fun.fun for all
Apr 21, 2013 5:46 AM

Jan 2012
totoum said:
ReasonDesu said:

I'm not sure how me or you liking something has anything to do with this.

I don't like Eren and gave my personal opinion on him. Now keyboard warriors descend and tell me I'm "wrong". That's what liking has to do with this. It is even in the forum topic.
Apr 21, 2013 5:52 AM
Dec 2012
Talukita said:
You are free to hate the character, I also think that he is annoying sometime, but blaming the voice actor for being ordered to voice like that is another matter.
^
iWriter88 said:
I make it a point to look up voice actors after I particularly enjoy a character, and you know what I find? Most of the ones I enjoy are actually done by the same people! Whereas this voice actor has done 3 dislikeable characters so far. I think voice actors have a big input in shaping the character -- it's not just the script.
Then I think you just have a problem with these kind of whiny characters, not the VA himself. He was chosen because he really does a good job at voicing whiny characters, just imagine if FukuJun or Sugita Tomokazu voice these characters, I don't think they would do too well. I don't particularly like YukiKaji but I'm tired of rants like this, he did voice some awesome character like Satoru from SSY and his adult voice is perfect imo.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.