Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2013 8:01 AM
Jun 2011
NOOOO!!~~~ T^T
Feb 2013
What a disapointing information, im gonna miss it.

Mar 2008
I liked watching it, but as long as the manga is still around, it's okay.
Mar 2, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 2008
Really wish they had ended the anime last year before that horrible filler arc. Seems kind of abrupt to do it now.
Jul 2012
Yeah! the show sucks anyway.

May 2011
It's a good thing because the anime and the manga is pretty much very close. They need some time to increase the gap and I think this should do.
Mar 2, 2013 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
Well, i was waiting for some episodes to marathon like 15-20 of Fairy Tail. Not happy because it'll end but this may be the perfect moment. :/

I just wanted Bleach to come back D=
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Mar 2, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
Toushi said:
Isn't changing the settings what they do 99/100 times in anime? Why do we watch this stuff anyway? lol

Oh well...Kind of sad to hear it's going to stop in the middle of an arc. They would be rather stupid to leave the series like that. Oh...there is the film aswell...

That's why I said that they do the only necessary thing, which is the basic setting for each arc, but the rest of it is all the same. "Enemy is ridiculously strong" --> Natsu gets beat up --> Enemy gives some kind of speech --> Enemy looks at *insert comrade here* --> Natsu gains a power up out of his ass --> Natsu oneshot knocks out the enemy --> Nakama power prevails.
Mar 2, 2013 8:04 AM

Jun 2011
Candor said:
About time. A-1 should stop taking more than they can handle, and they should stop animating battle-shounen.

The thread makes me remember when Bleach, Hitman Reborn, D.Gray-man and some other battle-shounen ended, with how the fans keep saying "It'll return! It'll return!!", but none of these saw the light again, neither Bleach, which was 6 chapter near its manga when it ended, nor Hitman Reborn, whose manga ended recently, nor D.Gray-man, which is currently suffering from hiatuses. Nor Nurarihyon, or Deadman Wonderland, or Highschool of the Dead. Or even some old popular long-runners like Slam Dunk for example. Actually what most of these share in common is that when their anime ended their manga ended a while after them (Reborn, Nura, Slam Dunk, DW is near its end, Bleach is in its final arc)

Actually Highschool of the Dead manga is starting again so providing the author can actually consistently put out chapters this time then Highschool of the Dead would probably get a 2nd season at some point. Though i have no idea why he took such a long break in the first place especially since it was not long after the success of the anime that it went on hiatus. Oh well i dont really care either way it was a fun guilty pleasure read/watch but it did bug me that he randomly stopped with as far as i know no explanation.

I stopped watching Fairy Tail around 113 (still have a few episodes in my need to watch folder) i could not take A-1's shitty slide show animation. If i wanted to look at still pictures i would read the manga (which i do anyway), the manga has better art anyway. Fairy Tail animation was good enough i think up till the end of the Natsu vs Gajeel arc then i think it started going down after that? Sometimes i wish A-1 would just go bankrupt and stop making mediocre adaptations of manga and light novels.

Well tbh i think Fairy Tail the manga is worse than it used to be maybe since the start of the s class advancement exam or maybe the Hades arc. Well i did not think the ending of Rave Master was not all that either and Haru Glory never did use his rave sword to its full potential, i think the best he ever used it was in the Fairy Tail cross over.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Mar 2, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2011
Bwahaha finally.
Mar 2, 2013 8:06 AM

Sep 2012
They should have done this at ep 123/24 =_=

the manga still goes on~

so theres not much to lose..... A-1 pictures animation been sucking a lot
will only miss the awesome seiyus :/

Sep 2009
saw it coming as it was getting very closed to the manga and I'm surprised they haven't started a bigass filler arc...well, maybe it was for the better

my guess is that it will be going on hiatus just like they did with Gintama and after two years or so, it will come back

Sep 2007
I'm too stubborn to drop a show when I'm more than 50 episodes in, Fairy Tail was very close to be dropped regardless... now I don't have to anymore. Thank you, now I only have to skim through the Manga once every week to see what BS they come up with next.
Mar 2, 2013 8:07 AM

Dec 2007
yhunata said:
Toushi said:
Isn't changing the settings what they do 99/100 times in anime? Why do we watch this stuff anyway? lol

Oh well...Kind of sad to hear it's going to stop in the middle of an arc. They would be rather stupid to leave the series like that. Oh...there is the film aswell...

That's why I said that they do the only necessary thing, which is the basic setting for each arc, but the rest of it is all the same. "Enemy is ridiculously strong" --> Natsu gets beat up --> Enemy gives some kind of speech --> Enemy looks at *insert comrade here* --> Natsu gains a power up out of his ass --> Natsu oneshot knocks out the enemy --> Nakama power prevails.

Again...doesn't that happen all the time? There are few exceptions but it mainly happens all the time and not just in shounen-like stuff >.>;
Mar 2, 2013 8:08 AM

Jul 2011
Good riddance.
Mar 2, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?

Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.
Like Naruto never has that happening. And low ratings?!

Naruto does 3-4% on average while Fairy Tail has been doing 1%. They can handle filler arcs while quite frankly FT is barely getting by with canon stuff.

WickedHeroine said:
Cordelia said:
It'll probably be back.

Exactly, I think everyone is overreacting. This usually happens with long-running anime. Since they're cutting it off in the middle of an arc, we're likely to get another season or something of the likes. I think we should all just be patient for some good news for now.

What? Barely any long running shows that have been canned came back. This is just being hopelessly optimistic... I'm considering the anime over permanently until I hear otherwise.

Mar 2, 2013 8:12 AM
Oct 2011
Tommk said:
Candor said:
Kvakond said:
I dropped it around ep130. Anything good happened since then?
A tournament with too many asspulls and nakama power-ups.

U lasted quite long, I survived till ep 70, and its on hold till now
Actually I'm reading the manga only, the art in the anime was too childish for my taste, and the magic circles were just bad. Chara-designs were also too generic in the anime, at the beginning especially. In the manga it was darker for most of the time with amazing art, but the plot is no different, so
Though I only lost interest in the series after the horrible 7 year time-skip Mashima did.

Slicer22 said:
Actually Highschool of the Dead manga is starting again so providing the author can actually consistently put out chapters this time then Highschool of the Dead would probably get a 2nd season at some point. Though i have no idea why he took such a long break in the first place especially since it was not long after the success of the anime that it went on hiatus. Oh well i dont really care either way it was a fun guilty pleasure read/watch but it did bug me that he randomly stopped with as far as i know no explanation.
I think the purpose of HotD was served, it was basically just ecchi and guilty pleasure and comedy, nothing to take seriously, so I see no reason for a 2nd season. But if the anime did well, something I don't know, then Madhouse might do a 2nd season, but it's still not guaranteed.
Mar 2, 2013 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
>175 episodes

Why.

Why do battle shounen even go on for this long. There is no anime that is worth spending 70 hours on.
Mar 2, 2013 8:15 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
I think the purpose of HotD was served, it was basically just ecchi and guilty pleasure and comedy, nothing to take seriously, so I see no reason for a 2nd season. But if the anime did well, something I don't know, then Madhouse might do a 2nd season, but it's still not guaranteed.
Highschool of the Dead sold quite well but not over 10k (average is like 7k or so). Good enough for a second season. And just ecchi and guilty pleasure and comedy and action is good reason enough for a second season anyway. It is more like the lack of stock that is a real constraint.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 8:21 AM
Jan 2013
Opinions and theories are flying like bullets in here lol

I don't think the fanbase has much to worry about. Hiro Mashima clearly stated he had good news for us in the future and considering the topic of discussion, there are very few possibilities as to what that good news could be. Also, I don't think Fairy Tail's ratings/sales were a problem at all; in fact I was under the impression that it had good ratings/sales. The simple situation seems to be that it was getting too close to the manga and was putting pressure on everybody to work faster, which is only going to dilute the quality of their work. I imagine they're going to give the manga some breathing room and leave the season on a cliffhanger with Zeref/Lucy hinging on their respective situations in the story. After a few years (give or take) they'll come back with a new art style and various other improvements, I think.

tl;dr chill out, lol
Mar 2, 2013 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
Crugz said:
Also, I don't think Fairy Tail's ratings/sales were a problem at all; in fact I was under the impression that it had good ratings/sales.

You don't think the ratings were a problem simply because you were ignorant of them?

http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2012a.html

Early 2012, it was averaging about 2%

http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2012b.html

Yet by the end of 2012, it had fallen down to 1% ratings. And its probably even lower now.

To give a comparison, Bleach was averaging 1.5% ratings when it got canned.

The movie bombing didn't help either.

Mar 2, 2013 8:27 AM

Jul 2011
Z-flame said:
And now Bleach will take its place.

this.
講廢話,被撞到.
Mar 2, 2013 8:28 AM
Mar 2010
well, I never really did understand what was so special about this anime when I watched it. Dropped it at 30 episodes...hmmm...might pick it up again someday.
Sad news for the fans, but I somehow saw it coming.
Beelzebub, Bleach and...hmm, I think I read an article on ANN about some new anime which will run during Gintama's current time slot...that doesn't mean it's over, but it could be, maybe.
And if it was averaging 1-2%....yea, I'm not surprised.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 2, 2013 8:30 AM

Oct 2010
Tanken Driland.. aww yeah! ♥
Mar 2, 2013 8:32 AM

Feb 2012
Wow. I thought they'd just stop mid-arc and do fillers to let the manga get ahead. I never expected them to actually end it.

Can't say I mind though. The animation/art this arc has been pretty bad. It's been a chore just to watch it every week. Almost to the point of putting it on-hold like Naruto.

I'm curious how they'll end it in 4 eps though. Anime original? Or just end it after a match in the tourney? If it's the former, any chances of the anime ever coming back is pretty much gone.
Mar 2, 2013 8:32 AM
Jan 2013
Veronin said:
>175 episodes

Why.

Why do battle shounen even go on for this long. There is no anime that is worth spending 70 hours on.

One Piece says hi
Mar 2, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
Veronin said:

Bullshit, also battle manga are not the only shows that go on this long

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 2, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
Saw it coming. I mean did no one else notice the foreshadowing throughout the entire arc? I mean, we have Levy narrating and foreshadowing an "end" to all things.
Mar 2, 2013 8:34 AM

Apr 2010
Yvese said:
Wow. I thought they'd just stop mid-arc and do fillers to let the manga get ahead. I never expected them to actually end it.

Can't say I mind though. The animation/art this arc has been pretty bad. It's been a chore just to watch it every week. Almost to the point of putting it on-hold like Naruto.

I'm curious how they'll end it in 4 eps though. Anime original? Or just end it after a match in the tourney? If it's the former, any chances of the anime ever coming back is pretty much gone.

Final 4 episodes:

Mar 2, 2013 8:35 AM

Apr 2011
I read the news like 3-4 hours ago.Still kinda sad but since the anime is so close to the manga, they couldn't do something else rather than ending it or put fillers which would be worse.Also the animation is pretty bad.

I don't know if the anime will return.Mashima said on his twitter that he has some good news to say but we will have to wait.

Oh and it seems the anime will end in chapter 297,which ''coincidentally'' it's last page is this
Mar 2, 2013 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
Gyauttung said:
dranime1 said:
Z-flame said:
Ad now Bleach will take its place.
I wish

i miss bleach so much

Me too, at least among the long running shounens, bleach never disappointed in terms of quality.

RyanSaotome said:

Final 4 episodes:

Wow, so they're gonna end it on a BIG cliffhanger.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 2, 2013 8:39 AM
Aug 2011
However, Mashima posted a statement to fans on his official Twitter feed on Saturday:

Until the time comes, I cannot say something I've always wanted to say, even on Twitter. Please be patient and wait until the time comes for me to announce some good news.

Fuck yeah.
-Later timeslot
-No more shitty censors
-Blood
-Nudity

-Please be 1 year hiatus at most
>Source
Mar 2, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2011
This is an absolute travesty. I have never woken up to such an egregious and asinine piece of news. Utter blasphemy. Without Fairy Tail, I suspect complete anarchy will ensue. Fairy Tail was JUSTICE. This truly puts a black eye on the entire anime industry and all of its past accomplishments.

Partial sarcasm aside, I wonder what the "good news" Mashima has for us according to his twitter.
Mar 2, 2013 8:41 AM

Feb 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Yvese said:

Final 4 episodes:

Ah, so it will just end mid-arc. There's still a chance the anime could come back in the future once the manga gets ahead.

Fairy Tail wasn't like Bleach where it had filler all over the place. FT actually did well to avoid it for most of its run.

Cigarette said:
Saw it coming. I mean did no one else notice the foreshadowing throughout the entire arc? I mean, we have Levy narrating and foreshadowing an "end" to all things.
That was actually in the manga so this has nothing to do with it.
Mar 2, 2013 8:42 AM
Jul 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
However, Mashima posted a statement to fans on his official Twitter feed on Saturday:

Until the time comes, I cannot say something I've always wanted to say, even on Twitter. Please be patient and wait until the time comes for me to announce some good news.

Fuck yeah.
-Later timeslot
-No more shitty censors
-Blood
-Nudity

>Source

That would make my life.
Mar 2, 2013 8:43 AM

Oct 2010
Oh crap I hope im dreaming.
Mar 2, 2013 8:44 AM

Feb 2010
Oh wow, that hits me harder than I thought. The current arc has been pretty enjoyable and 4 episodes seem to provide little time to even finish that arc satisfyingly.

I'll definitely miss the show and hope it returns sometime. Maybe I'll try Tanken Driland, but somehow I have no hopes for that show.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 2, 2013 8:46 AM

Dec 2011
Fairy Tail isn't that much of a big business. huh

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Mar 2, 2013 8:46 AM

Feb 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Fuck yeah.
-Later timeslot
-No more shitty censors
-Blood
-Nudity

>Source
That would be amazing.

I wouldn't mind a 1 year hiatus. Heck, back when I was a big Naruto fan I waited longer than that for Shippuden to release and the 100+ eps of filler to end.
Mar 2, 2013 8:47 AM

Mar 2013
I can take the show going to a hiatus for a year or two. Its hard to accept a show without closure to the arc or story.I hope it won't turn into something like Samurai Jack.
To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.
Mar 2, 2013 8:47 AM

Apr 2010
For every Gintama, you have Rave, Bleach, Hitman, D Gray Man, Eyeshield, Kenichi, etc. Plenty of long running shows that will never come back. And when each of them got canned, you probably had big discussion topics where people were like "Oh, its just a matter of time before it comes back, it just needs more material!". In reality, getting canned shows that they no longer have faith that it can keep the ratings up high enough.. if they really wanted to keep it going, they'd resort to filler.

A-1 has no real reason to go back to a show thats not making much money anymore, they can find many other more lucrative properties to focus on.

Mar 2, 2013 8:48 AM
Aug 2011
And why do some retards actually think it'll end like bleach.

Reasons:
- Top 5 selling manga for the past 4 years.
- Weekly Shounen Magazines frontrunner
- Ending mid-arc
- Ending on the "cliffhanger episode" like the manga did before the break.
Mar 2, 2013 8:48 AM

Feb 2013
Veronin said:
>175 episodes

Why.

Hunter x Hunter (2011). Probably one of the most entertaining shounen out there with consistent animation for over 68 episodes so far and still ongoing.
bewareofhisokaMar 2, 2013 8:51 AM
Mar 2, 2013 8:49 AM

Apr 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Reasons:
- Ending mid-arc

Because the anime has been doing less ratings than Bleach did. Manga popularity doesn't really mean much compared to how well an anime does.

Mar 2, 2013 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Yvese said:
RyanSaotome said:
Yvese said:

Final 4 episodes:

Ah, so it will just end mid-arc. There's still a chance the anime could come back in the future once the manga gets ahead.

Fairy Tail wasn't like Bleach where it had filler all over the place. FT actually did well to avoid it for most of its run.

Cigarette said:
That was actually in the manga so this has nothing to do with it.
I don't read the manga, or any form of manga for that matter, so I have no idea how close the anime adaption has aired to the manga.
Mar 2, 2013 8:53 AM
Aug 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Reasons:
- Ending mid-arc

Because the anime has been doing less ratings than Bleach did. Manga popularity doesn't really mean much compared to how well an anime does.

Bleach had low ratings + Bad manga sales + Shit fillers

That's why FT is going to a different timeslot and removing the censors.
Mar 2, 2013 8:57 AM

Apr 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
RyanSaotome said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Reasons:
- Ending mid-arc

Bleach had low ratings + Bad manga sales + Shit fillers

That's why FT is going to a different timeslot and removing the censors.

Please don't be in denial like that. It'll just set yourself up for disappointment when it never comes back.

I love Fairy Tail but I know its 90% chance its done, so I'll just be pleasantly surprised if it does come back. But the odds are stacked against it.

Mar 2, 2013 8:57 AM

Feb 2011
It's unfortunate, but who knows, it might come back... or not.

Hiro Mashima did say he'd have some good news later on, I'm rather curious for that.
Mar 2, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Fuck yeah.
-Later timeslot
-No more shitty censors
-Blood
-Nudity

>Source

You forgot better animation I wanted to flip a table when I saw gifs of episode 170 on tumblr. The fuck did they do to Jellal's face? The animation has been bad starting with the S class exam part.

I personally liked what Artland did to Reborn in terms of animation so I wouldn't mind if they animated Fairy Tail. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 2, 2013 9:01 AM

Jan 2008
Is this a new age in anime? never ending shows finally takes pauses instead of endless fillers och super ultra slow-pacing? :O (haven't watched any of it yet but I hope and presume that they have been avoiding that until now)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Spy x Family' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - 9 hours ago

27 by Rndmguypassingby »»
29 minutes ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, First Promo

Nioxys - 4 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Season 2 Reveals Additional Cast, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Marcus5768 »»
6 hours ago

» Voice Actors Minami Tsuda, Tatsumaru Tachibana Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Haneken2086 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.