Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 30, 2013 1:25 AM

Jul 2009
Here it comes! Flashbacks :P
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Jan 30, 2013 1:27 AM
Mar 2011
Besides the Hokages returning twist, this chapter was relatively short....
Jan 30, 2013 1:39 AM

Jan 2011
God dayum didn't see that coming !
would you say History is repeating it's self now?
Jan 30, 2013 1:40 AM

Feb 2008
i had a feeling this might happen. but that means the nine tail can get the other half of its power. i don't imagine this will go according to their plan though.
Jan 30, 2013 1:50 AM

Apr 2010
Really shit has got real...
Orochimaru is a creep but Sasuke is a fucking creep, how dare he lay his hands (though through Orochimaru) on Minato, I hope Naruto will kill him for desecration of his father. Anyways interesting chapter...
Jan 30, 2013 1:55 AM

May 2012
boom, looks like kishi got his brains back
Jan 30, 2013 2:05 AM

Mar 2012
Orochimaro is always badass.
Jan 30, 2013 2:06 AM

Jul 2010
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Bijuu Mode Minato RIGHT NAO! Hopefully... ;D

He has Kurama's Yin chakra, after all
BigbuffoonJan 30, 2013 2:11 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 30, 2013 2:18 AM

Jan 2013
Wow! Oro, wow!

If Oro has Rikudo Sennin's DNA, then he can revive him too since now there's a way for the sealed souls to be Edo Tenseid, right?

"I’ve always wanted to do it even just for once… taking a stroll on the moon."
Jan 30, 2013 3:01 AM

Sep 2012
Very, very interesting. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the four hokage, this is gonna be awesome :D
Jan 30, 2013 3:01 AM

Jan 2012
This chapter was nothing but suspense until the last few pages. Gotta admit, this whole setup was rather sudden. Just suddenly, Orochimaru gets his arms back and the previous Kages are resurrected? Yeah..

If ALL the other ninja are under one force, realistically, these Kages won't stand a chance against them, "legendary" or not. And I highly doubt Orochimaru will have Harashima fight Madara. Yes, they've battled before, but that wouldn't make sense for them to do that right now. Orochimaru probably doesn't care about Madara enough to order Harashima to do that. Where are people getting that idea?

Also, what's stopping Orochimaru from using these 4 powerful kage to gang Sasuke so he can get his body? Sure he doesn't NEED it anymore since he has his arms, but doesn't he still want the Sharingan?

I wonder what Sasuke plans to do if he doesn't want to enter the war OR destroy the village..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2013 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
Solo_Remnants said:
This chapter was nothing but suspense until the last few pages. Gotta admit, this whole setup was rather sudden. Just suddenly, Orochimaru gets his arms back and the previous Kages are resurrected? Yeah..

If ALL the other ninja are under one force, realistically, these Kages won't stand a chance against them, "legendary" or not. And I highly doubt Orochimaru will have Harashima fight Madara. Yes, they've battled before, but that wouldn't make sense for them to do that right now. Orochimaru probably doesn't care about Madara enough to order Harashima to do that. Where are people getting that idea?

Also, what's stopping Orochimaru from using these 4 powerful kage to gang Sasuke so he can get his body? Sure he doesn't NEED it anymore since he has his arms, but doesn't he still want the Sharingan?

I wonder what Sasuke plans to do if he doesn't want to enter the war OR destroy the village..

I guess he's resurrecting them in order all "the secrets" to be known, that to begin.. later they might fight on Oro's side,but it's not that sure...
Jan 30, 2013 3:08 AM

Jul 2009
Hokage level battle is my favorite fight of all time in the mange and anime. Anything involving the first two Hokage is bound to be legendary.
Jan 30, 2013 3:53 AM
Jun 2010
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy godddddddddddddddddddd

The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage. The first hokage.

Madara rematch. Epic.
Hopefully the First hid his power. Considering Madara is on a whole new level.

ANd Does this not mean Oro is now the strongest and most powerful ninja around?
All the hokage under control?

Oro to rule the world XD
Jan 30, 2013 3:57 AM

Feb 2012
Orochimaru proved once again why he is the best villain in Naruto, I never thought that the the previous hokage would be the guys they were "looking for", this war is about to change.
Jan 30, 2013 4:01 AM

Jun 2012
Awesome chapter.

I hope we'll see Hashirama vs Madara and Obito vs Minato.

I believe that the 4 hokage will make Sasuke decide what he will do in terms of allegiance. Hopefull they'll make him wake the f* up.
Jan 30, 2013 4:24 AM

Jun 2009
Really good chapter. What I wonder the most about is just what exactly Orochimaru's plans are. As of now I have no idea whose side he's on (well, probably his own side but I'm really curious what his goal is).

Most people here seem to have forgotten that he resurrected them first and foremost to get some answers and NOT to fight. Although with such a fighting force he might be planning to use them later on.
And what those "answers" will be is also a really interesting question. Hope we'll see it next chapter.

I wonder why he resurrected them beneath the Uchiha shrine of all placed. I guess it's because that place has something to do with the questions they're gonna ask the Hokage.

On a sidenote, from what we've seen so far of him, I never got the feeling that Minato has a clue about what's actually going on. If he did, he would've told Naruto already. He also was totally stumped about Tobi's identity.
grandy_UiDJan 30, 2013 4:30 AM
Jan 30, 2013 4:39 AM

Dec 2009
The cool thing is that now the Fourth is no longer sealed in the belly of the Shinigami and will be able to pass to the Pure world when it is all said and done...Along with the first three Hokage's. I had to read chapter 520 to refresh my memory on what exactly happened (The chapter that explains how Unpure world resurrection works)
Jan 30, 2013 4:40 AM

Feb 2012
Maybe they know how to stop Madara and that's why he resurrected them?
Jan 30, 2013 5:04 AM

Jun 2010
Oh shit... even Minato....
Jan 30, 2013 5:09 AM
Mar 2012
how people are rushing into conclusions here, some are happy about things that didn't even happen yet
Jan 30, 2013 5:11 AM

Apr 2011
Hory Shitto. Goddamn, this is why I love Naruto. Even Minato, guess Kushina might finally be able to meet him again. But damn, that is overkill right there. The four strongest shinobi from their time with unlimited chakra and slaved under Orochimaru? Wow, the irony if he decided to use them to crush Konoha, huh?
Jan 30, 2013 5:33 AM

Aug 2011
kisami said:
but that means the nine tail can get the other half of its power.

This .. i really want to see how powerfull Naruto is gonna get if he gets that half back .. and even more i think his appearance will change again ( i wish for it )..but really great chapter unaspected :D

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Jan 30, 2013 5:58 AM

Nov 2009
Holy shit Kishi sensei did I ever tell you I love you?
But now that I think about it, Shodaime is his former self while Madara is upgraded, but hey not that they will fight? Or will they...?
Damn Orochimaru you freaking me out, too untrustworthy... last boss feel?

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Jan 30, 2013 6:00 AM

Aug 2012
Holy shit!
U got to be kidding me!?!
They're going to use masks... what cheap trick. After the 4th had to learn it.

They reversed the Demon Death Seal and brought back the 4 of them!
I hope Sasuke has thought this through and has no intention of doing anything stupid!

This could also mean that Naruto could get the remaining portion of the Kyuubi's chakra that was sealed away.

Could it be for the sole purpose of retrieving intel?
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jan 30, 2013 6:02 AM

Dec 2011
Holy crap. I have a lot to say to this chapter. Very impressive Kishi.

Now it makes sense that Sasuke looked for Orochimaru, since he was afflicted by the Shikifujin himself so Orochimaru will have a better grasp undoing the Shikifujin.

With all the Hokages revived now... I am pretty certain Orochimaru will have Jiraiya's DNA and revive him in case he wants to join the war.

As for the First Hokage... he might even be sent to war in order to equal with Madara... but I dont see Orochinaru will let that happen.

As for the Second Hokage, since he created Edotensei, he might be able to resist the shackles of the Edo Tensei if he was given freedom like Madara.

As for the Third, he will mention what atrocity it is to Orochimaru summoning the Kages.

And for the Fourth... can't think of any but Naruto himself.

Seriously didnt expect that scroll would contain the undoing of the Shikifujin. Well done. Kishi!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2013 6:05 AM

Sep 2009
all this proves that Orochimaru is the ultimate badass in the story >:3

being able to summon Madara (well kabutochimaru summoned him but it's still Oro's knowledge), the first and forth hokage...he could rule the ninja world :)))

looks like the story is approaching its conclusion, I wonder if it will last till the end of the year.

anyways awesome chapter, just what I wanted...less Naruto bs, moar Orochimaru
Jan 30, 2013 6:23 AM

Jun 2009
The page of Sasuke standing high up, took me by a surprise! I thought that this is something I've seen before, and remembered Naruto's first view at Konoha. Also it's good to see Orochi on the move again.

Awesome chapter, and a epic twist!

Jan 30, 2013 6:43 AM

Mar 2011
Haha, here's comes Orochi,with his band of merry men to make a three way fight fest!

Oh yeah!

Liked the linking as Sasuke stood on the pillar and looked at Konoha, a clever technique. Boy have I been reading this manga a long time!
Jan 30, 2013 6:52 AM

Dec 2010
Holy shiit yondaime as well for the first time ever. This is insane.
Jan 30, 2013 7:13 AM

Mar 2012
1. What? People were shocked? That's the first thing that you'd think -_- so predictable.

2. More Edo shit? Are we gonna restart the war with more undead? The first half SUCKED because of Edo shit.

Only good thing was Orochimaru getting his arms back.
End Zionazism
Jan 30, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2008
Hope Orochimaru can revive Rin and explain the truth to Obito
Jan 30, 2013 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
I can see it! Sasuke and the rest will get the info they were looking for (while draging out the moment for 5-10 chapters).
Sasuke will find a new goal, then they will somehow travel to the battlefield, appear in the middle of the army (or next/close to Naruto) with the Hokages behind them, and then Sasuke will say something like ''I'll let you borrow Orochimaru's puppets for now, you obviously can't win, dobe'' and leave to hide that he actually cares.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jan 30, 2013 8:27 AM

Jun 2009
Neko_Damashi said:
Hope Orochimaru can revive Rin and explain the truth to Obito

I'd be content with ANYONE explaining the truth to US.

(To be honest, I had totally forgotten about that plot point)
Jan 30, 2013 8:43 AM
Jun 2012
Someone correct me if I am wrong. I thought the first Hokage was kept alive in Mandara's layer stealing his cells to make Zetsus. If that was true, how can the jutsu work on him?
Jan 30, 2013 8:45 AM
Dec 2012
edo on all bt not minato..sad
Jan 30, 2013 9:22 AM

Apr 2011
rl1dragon said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong. I thought the first Hokage was kept alive in Mandara's layer stealing his cells to make Zetsus. If that was true, how can the jutsu work on him?

That was a clone created using his DNA, not Hashirama himself.
Jan 30, 2013 9:30 AM

May 2012
wow...nicely done kishimoto...

KAGE ARE BACK
Jan 30, 2013 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
My theory is that everyone thought chapter 618
would continued by Naruto and friends against Madara and Obito.
The surprising thing was we have seen Sasuke and Orochimaru plus Taka again.
And the next surprise was make use of Edo Tensei by Orochimaru to
bring the Kage back.
Jan 30, 2013 9:51 AM

Jun 2009
Mikasa said:
1. What? People were shocked? That's the first thing that you'd think -_- so predictable.

And how exactly was that obvious?

There were a few theories about who they'd meet. Most involved Sasuke's parents or something like that. The previous Hokage were usually not involved in those theories. I guess for alot of people those guys were the last they'd expect. And for a simple reason: until this chapter it was thought to be completely impossible for any of them to be resurrected!

So you're trying to tell us that you sat at home thinking "yeah, so that mysterious scroll TOTALLY contains the way to undo the shiki fuujin, therefore making it possible for the previous Hokage to be resurrected. It's so obvious, duh." If you did then kudos to you man. You must be some kinda psychic.
I, for one, did not see that coming. Seeing the reactions to the chapter, I guess I'm not alone.

Some people never fail to amaze me...
Jan 30, 2013 10:02 AM

Apr 2009
That chapter was awesome. And I am glad we had a a very nice break from that dragged out fight. Perhaps it's time for some interesting flashbacks.
Jan 30, 2013 10:07 AM

Oct 2010
Volt1993 said:
I thought the Hokages weren't able to come back but I guess the ritual Orochimaru performed since he was able to get his arms back now he can now use Edo Tensei on anyone if I am not mistaken.

I'm sure he has the resources to bring back Jiraiya too.

i think it is because they where stored in the body of that sealing spirit, or what ever it was, and he released them with his arms, i don't think any one can bring back jiraiya untill they have part of his dna, since his body is at the bottom of the sea and they can't find his body, until until then (probably won't happen, but by the way things are going they could)
Jan 30, 2013 10:23 AM

Apr 2012
I knew I recognized that mask from somewhere. Did anyone else realize it was the Reaper mask before it was revealed? And Sasuke did the exact same thing Naruto did when he came into the village. The reason he thought the village changed a lot is because it went through a complete remodeling.

And holy crap a TON of stuff happened in this one chapter. They resurrected the 4 hokages using Edo Tensei and Orochimaru finally managed to get back his arms thus completely undoing what the Third hokage accomplished in his death.

A lot of people predicted this was what was in the scroll. One example in the spoiler

What happened was, Orochimaru put on the mask and I'm pretty sure the deal is if you put on the mask you have to be made a sacrifice. Since Orochimaru lost his arms fighting the third he was never able to use Edo Tensei again [I don't get why he wasn't since he was still able to use his other jutsu like summoning during the Sannin Battle and while versing 4 tails Naruto]. When he used Edo Tensei, since his body was injured he snaked himself into one of the zetsu bodies so he was fine. I think Orochimaru used the last of his strength to use the edo tensei
FrostToasterJan 30, 2013 10:47 AM
Jan 30, 2013 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Mikasa said:

And how exactly was that obvious?

There were a few theories about who they'd meet. Most involved Sasuke's parents or something like that. The previous Hokage were usually not involved in those theories. I guess for alot of people those guys were the last they'd expect. And for a simple reason: until this chapter it was thought to be completely impossible for any of them to be resurrected!

So you're trying to tell us that you sat at home thinking "yeah, so that mysterious scroll TOTALLY contains the way to undo the shiki fuujin, therefore making it possible for the previous Hokage to be resurrected. It's so obvious, duh." If you did then kudos to you man. You must be some kinda psychic.
I, for one, did not see that coming. Seeing the reactions to the chapter, I guess I'm not alone.

Some people never fail to amaze me...

1. You know they're gonna use Edo shit

2. Kishi the idiot was, throughout the chapter trying to hype up something surprising

3. Edo = Surprise? Must be someone who can't really come back via edo; people sealed in the shinigami. Either way who else can they revive that hasn't been revived yet? Who else is most related to KONOHA. And the Uzumaki freaking masked temple and the mask itself. Jeez.

So you see, the scroll was irrelevant to come up with that conclusion. It was completely side-stepped. They could go to south america and get vampire masks and awaken pillar men for all I care, it is totally easy to predict. What surprised me, is that Kishi is stupid enough to actually go on with it and pretend it's a plot-twist. Much like Tobi being Obito.

And you really don't need to be a psychic. Just common sense.
End Zionazism
Jan 30, 2013 10:42 AM

Oct 2010
Mikasa said:

2. More Edo shit? Are we gonna restart the war with more undead? The first half SUCKED because of Edo shit.

Only good thing was Orochimaru getting his arms back.

I have to agree. I knew the 4th would come back. I'm sick of the undead fetish kishi has.
Jan 30, 2013 10:47 AM

Nov 2011
It's been awhile since I've last enjoyed Naruto, but this chapter was great. I didn't expect Orochimaru to summon the previous 4 Hokages. Now I'm curious to see what they all know...
Jan 30, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2010
Wowowow, got excited a bit! Finally something new is happening. Hokages? Of course, that may be perfect - they are the ones who knows everything, after all.
PirateKingz said:
Also found the irony pretty interesting:

Right? Same here. Amazing comparison, totally love this art.
Jan 30, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
Mikasa said:

1. You know they're gonna use Edo shit

2. Kishi the idiot was, throughout the chapter trying to hype up something surprising

3. Edo = Surprise? Must be someone who can't really come back via edo; people sealed in the shinigami. Either way who else can they revive that hasn't been revived yet? Who else is most related to KONOHA. And the Uzumaki freaking masked temple and the mask itself. Jeez.

So you see, the scroll was irrelevant to come up with that conclusion. It was completely side-stepped. They could go to south america and get vampire masks and awaken pillar men for all I care, it is totally easy to predict. What surprised me, is that Kishi is stupid enough to actually go on with it and pretend it's a plot-twist. Much like Tobi being Obito.

And you really don't need to be a psychic. Just common sense.

Wait, are we talking about this being predictable since weeks ago or since this weeks chapter started?

If it's the first, again I can't see how this could've been so obvious.

If it's the latter...well then the complaint really doesn't make much sense. Of course the last page of this chapter wasn't that big a shock after reading the previous pages since the entire chapter built up to it. Seems to me like you're trying to say that "what happened in this week's chapter was totally easy to predict after reading half of this week's chapter" which is kinda redundant...
Jan 30, 2013 11:15 AM

Feb 2008
i don't know why some of you guys are surprised....summoning technique is not that difficult. all you need is a sacrifice. the annoying thing though, is that you can release people or things sealed in the shinigami. Minato being one of them....

they did look kinda shabby though, but i guess they only need information.
Jan 30, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2010
Lol I never thought I would say this, but this is interesting now. Just bothered by how easily this was done...and Orochimaru got his arms back as well.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 27 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 4, 2012

14 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 24, 2012

8 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.