Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 9, 2013 2:39 PM

Apr 2009
Shomix said:
I stoped watching fairy tail ... So stupid anime and not worth watching ... Its always bout Natsu ,he get the power he most powerfull,im sick of it so better stop watching,Gray is so much cooler but NO NATSU must be the 1 to save the day just too stupid anime

You complain about that when you have a Kirito avatar? Talk about irony.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 9, 2013 4:40 PM

Jan 2013
in SAO whole point was in kirito,he was solo player , this is guild , think a little , fairy tail sucks cos i dis NATSU so supid char., in fairy tail he only 1 that defeat some1 thats so uncool , i watched fairy tail till now cos of GRAY and they didnt do shit about getting little bout GRAY , only NATSU, and he always HERO , anime ist worth watching
Jan 9, 2013 4:42 PM
Jul 2012
Shomix said:
in SAO whole point was in kirito,he was solo player , this is guild , think a little , fairy tail sucks cos i dis NATSU so supid char., in fairy tail he only 1 that defeat some1 thats so uncool , i watched fairy tail till now cos of GRAY and they didnt do shit about getting little bout GRAY , only NATSU, and he always HERO , anime ist worth watching

Well Natsu IS the main character. Also, Kirito is a shit character.
Jan 9, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
JavierR said:
Shomix said:

Actually I think Lucy might be considered the main character. Also, Natsu is a shit character.
Jan 9, 2013 4:52 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
JavierR said:
Shomix said:

Actually I think Lucy might be considered the main character. Also, Natsu is a shit character.

True. But, complaining why natsu's always the hero is kinda ridiculous. Also, i have no opinion on Natsu so I won't agree or disagree with you.
Jan 9, 2013 4:55 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think that natsu is a sh*tty character, i just think that he is... more of the same, brings nothing new. I find lucy more impressive, and i don't like her that much either. I understant Shomix's pov, especially because i also like Gray, but that's how shounen usually work: the main Main character kicks more ass than the others and is always the hero.
Jan 9, 2013 4:59 PM

Aug 2012
Ragix said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Ragix said:

Zoro>Everyone else.

Alucard>Zoro

Disagree and he'll fuck your grandma.

Well I meant in OP.
I haven't watched the anime, but Alucard I hear is pretty badass. He's no Guts though. ;)

SUPER badass.
But ill disagree and say that Zoro>Alucard.. .xD
Jan 9, 2013 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
Ragix said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Ragix said:

Zoro>Everyone else.

Alucard>Zoro

Well I meant in OP.
I haven't watched the anime, but Alucard I hear is pretty badass. He's no Guts though. ;)

Guts is badass too but I give Alucard extra points for making the vampire genre a little bit more awesome.
Jan 9, 2013 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
RandomPerson3 said:
Ragix said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Ragix said:

Zoro>Everyone else.

Alucard>Zoro

Well I meant in OP.

Guts is badass too but I give Alucard extra points for making the vampire genre a little bit more awesome.

I'll have to put Hellsing on my list then. I'm not a huge fan of the vampire genre, but I always hear Hellsing this or Alucard that, so might be a good watch. Actually watching Kurozuka and it has the whole vampire theme as well.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 9, 2013 5:11 PM
Jun 2012
JavierR said:
IntroverTurtle said:
JavierR said:
Shomix said:

True. But, complaining why natsu's always the hero is kinda ridiculous. Also, i have no opinion on Natsu so I won't agree or disagree with you.

Erza>all
Jan 9, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2013
I just sayin , Gray is more cooler then Natsu ... Natsu is shit char. But they over did it with Natsu really , and Fairy Tail is kids anime , no romance no shit,just some fighting where NATSU eat some flames , thunder and other shit and become powerfull... such lame anime ... kid show
Jan 9, 2013 5:19 PM

Apr 2011
Zee530 said:
If you want to enjoy FT, stick to the manga only.

Same. Actually the anime isn't that bad though, compared to the other shounen animes (at least up until around episode 100 which is when I stopped watching due to laziness). It didn't really have fillers, looped scenes, or 5 episodes of charging up. Moved at a fairly fast pace and had decent comedy.
Jan 9, 2013 5:24 PM

Apr 2009
Shomix said:
I just sayin , Gray is more cooler then Natsu ... Natsu is shit char. But they over did it with Natsu really , and Fairy Tail is kids anime , no romance no shit,just some fighting where NATSU eat some flames , thunder and other shit and become powerfull... such lame anime ... kid show

SAO is a Shounen as well, the romance is shit, the fighting consists of stillshots and your grammar is worse than SAO and FT combined. Don't try to sound smart when you don't have mental ability to back it up.
Jan 9, 2013 5:27 PM

Nov 2011
JavierR said:

Madeline said:
Shomix said:
Fairy Tail is kids anime

No shit, genius.

implying that most of these battle shones arent for kids

Don't even bother, evidently his intelligence is on a whole different level compared to ours. I feel as though I am not worthy to even try and translate his hieroglyphic langugage.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 9, 2013 5:37 PM

Aug 2012
Damm, people are evil XD

Shomix@ you say that Fairy Tail is for kids, but somehow it is quite similar to some of your ''Favorite Anime'', like Gintoki would say they are all about friendship, effort, and victory. If FT is for kids so is Naruto and many other.

dat nurse scene..
Jan 9, 2013 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
Fairy Tail is basically as generic as Shonen can get and thrives on its ludicrous amounts of fan service. That being said its not horrible or anything but it never seems to get anywhere, there's no sense of urgency or danger. I don't want this to sound like an insult but Fairy Tail is like a water down version of One Piece except replace pirates with mages.

I watch it occasionally and read it regularly (im caught up) but honestly at this point I just do it because I started it, not because I really enjoy the show in general. I still find it somewhat funny which is why I haven't dropped it but I never expect much. I'd say Fairy Tail is at its best from the beginning till the end of the Edolas Arc. It starts declining in quality after that and the fights become extremely predictable and cringe worthy (Natsu's power of friendship is a pretty yawn worthy deux ex machina plot device which seems to get them out of every tough situation).

Best thing to do is to watch a few episodes say between 5-10, that should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect for the next 100+ episodes.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the soundtrack is one of the best of I've heard in a long while for a Shonen. Its probably the best thing about the anime.
Jan 9, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Madeline said:
^beat me to it.

Juvia is cool sometimes, but she's basically an anime fangirl in an anime.
And that is why i like her above the rest. She is unique.

Juvia is adorable and hilarious. if you're taking her (or anything in this anime) seriously then you're doing it wrong.

My least favorite female from the guild is probably Lisanna. She's got a very "Mary Sue" vibe and they haven't tried to do anything with her character. If they actually tried to use her character more I'd probably like her, but right now she's just a happy faced blob that does literally nothing. Oh, and I dislike the purple haired chick with glasses- But I tend to dislike female characters in anime with round glasses. It's arbitrary, I won't try to defend it.

I think Wendy is cute but she's also got a little bit of the Mary Sue thing going. She just feels like she's the 'token cute little girl moe' character. She doesn't fit with the rest of the cast very well at all I feel. I don't hate her or dislike her, I actually like her, I just think the character is very out of place. She's also less goofy than the other characters so it's not as funny when she's onscreen and I watch Fairy Tail to laugh. Mavis kinda is giving me that same feeling- Like she's only in there for the 'desu' factor, but she's at least kinda funny.

My favorites are Lucy, Erza, Mirajane, and Juvia. They're all just fun characters with a lot of personality and just weird quirks that add to the overall goofy vibe of the series, which I love. I'm also partial to Levvy and Evergreen. I like Cana too, just not as well.
Jan 10, 2013 7:55 AM
Jul 2012
lol thats why you took a day to reply hahaha.
Jan 10, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2010
JavierR said:
He uses ... as a period,. He's saying don't talk about him when you don't know him in real life, but he calls everybody in here "retarded morons", he should take his own advice. And then he calls everyone in here kids and says we don't act mature.
This guy is pretty funny.
Jan 10, 2013 8:28 AM

May 2012
Shomix said:
if you could see me you would it your words ...
What? did you mean I would eat my words? Oh and even if you meant that, why dafuq would I eat my words when I saw you? Your not very good at being intimidating if thats what your trying to do.

OnT: My personal opinion is that its a mediocre anime, but now that Im up to date with it I don't mind watching it once a week. The current arc is pretty decent though (imo).

OP if your deciding whether you should watch it or not, you really shouldn't go by what people say... Trying it out and deciding for yourself is the best option I would say.
Jan 10, 2013 8:38 AM

May 2012
Shomix said:
I did't took day to respond , i have my training to do , i am not on MAl 24/7 just to say it .... i was just givin my opinion on FT nothing else ... http://www.facebook.com/misho.mijuskovic if you have to say something then say it from your fb profile where i can see your face .. enough said
Why are you linking your FB lol? Your just making things worse, ignore what people say, you don't need to link your FB profile to prove anything lol.
Jan 10, 2013 8:39 AM

Jan 2013
Because they are all fakes ;) little boys who think they opinion matter , im not ashemed of my opinion so if someone have to say rude words at least say it when you can at least see my face and i yours and not anime picture ;)
Jan 10, 2013 8:41 AM

May 2012
Shomix said:
Because they are all fakes ;) little boys who think they opinion matter , im not ashemed of my opinion so if someone have to say rude words at least say it when you can at least see my face and i yours and not anime picture ;)
Yeah true people shouldn't say rude things but this is the internet that can't be helped. You posting your fb profile isn't going to solve anything thats all.
Jan 10, 2013 8:43 AM
Jun 2012
Shomix said:
JavierR said:
I did't took day to respond , i have my training to do , i am not on MAl 24/7 just to say it .... i was just givin my opinion on FT nothing else ... http://www.facebook.com/misho.mijuskovic if you have to say something then say it from your fb profile where i can see your face .. enough said

Wow... what a faggot.
Jan 10, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
No but i don't care ... I at least am popular in my city and have a life , not like most on these site , you put your opinio and they think they smart and they start insulting, thats why they are kids ...
Jan 10, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
Shomix said:
I did't took day to respond , i have my training to do , i am not on MAl 24/7 just to say it .... i was just givin my opinion on FT nothing else ... * if you have to say something then say it from your fb profile where i can see your face .. enough said
Am I the only one who had to laugh at that topless profile picture of his? Don't even care about your discussion, but you fit every cliche there is.

I took out the fb link for your own good, hope you realize it wasn't the most intelligent thing to post it on here.
Jan 10, 2013 8:49 AM

May 2012
Shomix said:
No but i don't care ... I at least am popular in my city and have a life , not like most on these site , you put your opinio and they think they smart and they start insulting, thats why they are kids ...

Shomix said:
they think they smart and they start insulting

Shomix said:
thats why they are kids ...

Shomix said:
I at least am popular in my city and have a life , not like most on these site

You just insulted people saying they have no life. So your being equally childish.
Jan 10, 2013 8:51 AM
Jun 2012
Shomix said:
I at least am popular in my city and have a life

And yet, you spend your time whining like a little bitch on an anime forum.
Shomix said:
Like i said go do some training ;) and better shut up because i can kick your ass any time ;) just dnt be jealous ;) lets see how you look like , must be fat little nerd with glasses or a skiny little bitch like ones i abused at school ;)

You're rather amusing for an idiot. Please, continue.
Jan 10, 2013 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Just doin what they do ... I have 20 , so just don't insult people that can be your daddy ... Thats bad thing ... They go to these sites and run from reality that they are useless in life ... They are just full of low self esteem ;)
Jan 10, 2013 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
Madeline said:
Shomix said:
I at least am popular in my city and have a life

And yet, you spend your time whining like a little bitch on an anime forum.
Shomix said:
Like i said go do some training ;) and better shut up because i can kick your ass any time ;) just dnt be jealous ;) lets see how you look like , must be fat little nerd with glasses or a skiny little bitch like ones i abused at school ;)

You're rather amusing for an idiot. Please, continue.

Relax ugly girl or dude ;) just relax
Jan 10, 2013 10:07 AM

Dec 2012
Heard the manga is better, and the anime gets boring after a bit, it's always the same thing, villians appear, FT win after a few episodes, more villians appear, FT wins after a few episodes, etc etc it goes on for the whole anime.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 10, 2013 10:11 AM
Oct 2011
Peten00b said:
Heard the manga is better, and the anime gets boring after a bit, it's always the same thing, villians appear, FT win after a few episodes, more villians appear, FT wins after a few episodes, etc etc it goes on for the whole anime.
The only difference is that in the manga the art is great, it's darker and has a more serious feel to it than the anime, which is really colorful and seems a bit childish.
Jan 10, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
Fairy Tail is series that starts out great and stays great for a while but then completely falls apart later on IMO.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 10, 2013 10:33 AM
Dec 2012
Manga + Anime for FT are amazing in my opinion.
Jan 10, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2011
Nah, Fairy Tail is pretty bad.
I'm just going to restate everything that's already been said:
Fairy Tail is very generic. Nothing special about it. It's the same thing the whole time. The arcs are all recycled, and the characters aren't interesting at all.
How the MC Natsu wins battles makes absolutely no sense to me. He goes from being on the weakest side to suddenly having all this power. I see no logic in FT, and only view it passively. If you want to have a quick laugh, I guess you could try it, but honestly, it's nothing you haven't seen before.
Jan 11, 2013 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
Peten00b said:

That's shounen anime for ya!

Exaccus said:
Fairy Tail is series that starts out great and stays great for a while but then completely falls apart later on IMO.

The current arc and the last one are its best arcs yet.
Jan 15, 2013 9:02 PM

Dec 2012
Fairy Tail isn't for everyone. But IMO its pretty great.
Jan 16, 2013 1:49 PM

Nov 2011
LanceC said:
Peten00b said:

That's shounen anime for ya!

Exaccus said:

The current arc and the last one are its best arcs yet.

In terms of the manga being better, it would depend greatly on the arc.
For example, I'm catching up reading it now and I'm on the Edolas arc. The manga version of that arc is pretty bad, I have to say- It feels really rushed, like Mashima wasn't even trying, while the anime version is pretty fun and enjoyable and silly. Mashima sort of just left out the humor in the manga version, oddly enough.

I also noticed that the Lisanna Natsu flashbacks were not initally in the manga, as well as a number of other emotional scenes that were later added in the anime.

I strongly suggest watching the anime and then if you really love it, go read the manga as well. BRIGHT COLORS MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER! Haha.
Jan 16, 2013 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
AnimeFan1077 said:
Fairy Tail isn't for everyone. But IMO its pretty great.

I think the opposite. FT is for everyone, there is action, ecchi, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, ecchi and a bit of romance.
Jan 20, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2009
ainky said:

I think the opposite. FT is for everyone, there is action, ecchi, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, ecchi and a bit of romance.

FT bad because it is generic and tries to please everyone. And this essentially means pleasing nobody except for people with REALLY low standards in all of your mentioned genres.
Jan 22, 2013 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
I think it hasn't lived up to its name in the recent arcs, while the magic games have been great I can't wait for what comes after it. The series had a great buildup to the amazing arc that was Tenrou but after that nothing has been as awesome
Jan 23, 2013 11:19 PM
Dec 2012
Eh, it falls on a lot of genre cliches and lazy writing (Zentopia Arc esp.) which limits its ability to be truly great but overall Fairy Tail is very engrossing.
Jan 24, 2013 12:24 AM

Feb 2012
I really like this show, although its behind OP for me. I still find it very enjoyable. Dunno why people can't just enjoy it, rather than compare it or even before they watch it try to rate it. I have a few friends that love the show because of the pace of the arcs, which to me is kind of a refresher tbh.

Jan 30, 2013 2:49 AM

Jan 2013
Exaccus said:

^THIS

Mashima tries to imitate Oda's work but fails miserably
May 1, 2014 2:20 PM
May 2014
Exaccus said:
No sorry bit I don't agree. Yes it does have a routine, but there's always something to enjoy in it
May 1, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2013
Depends on what type of anime you're into. It's all about preferences. Asking other people really won't do you too much good. In my opinion, I think it's decent. I don't think it's as great as people make it out to be. The plot is average and it has little to no character development. Also, there's no blood.
May 1, 2014 2:25 PM
May 2014
NeoAnkara said:
To me yes it is. Don't knnow what other think.
Yes I agree with you. Fairy tail is a really nice shogun anime which values friends and family. Bonds run deep within it. Fairy tail does tend to have a bit of fanservice, but it contributes to the comedy of the anime. Fairy tail also has an amazing soundtrack. FT starts off as a bit boring IMO, but as u go on, u will come to love it, so if u are planning to watch/read fairy tail, I'd say, GO FOR IT!!!
May 1, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
At first, I rreally liked it, then it began to feel repetitive and to shounen-y fro my taste after 70 episodes.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 1, 2014 2:31 PM
May 2014
Mrameez said:
Red_Star said:
futilescape said:
Zee530 said:
If you want to enjoy FT, stick to the manga only.

I see
People have been talking about it and I feel like I'm behind
I wanted to watch it but damn I hate it when they kinda change the story and long fillers

i understand what you mean but i personally think that Fairy tail's fillers arent that bad. There are alot of other animes with fillers that just mess up the story line. in FT's case it feels like it fits in.

I agree the FT fillers aren't so bad, some episodes are pretty funny and it isn't annoying to watch, unlike other long running shounen and like every else has said the OSTs are brilliant.
I second that
May 2, 2014 8:53 AM
Apr 2008
Been watching it now, and it is generic. Not bad, but echoing the words of someone who posted earlier, it's nothing we haven't seen before.

It's also nothing special. Really plays it safe with its broad but shallow appeal.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» According to you, who is the best waifu in Fairy Tail? ( 1 2 3 )

FruitPunchBaka - Mar 26, 2023

122 by college_boy »»
3 hours ago

» Question for anime watchers

Killua7566 - Aug 9

36 by ChuckleFunker »»
Sep 21, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 15, 2010

116 by Cammell »»
Sep 18, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Feb 1, 2010

81 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Jan 25, 2010

108 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 10:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.