Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2012 10:08 AM
Jun 2012
actually 'marry' is a bit strong. maybe you should ask whether would you 'date' instead
Nov 29, 2012 10:09 AM

Jun 2012
I don't mind.
Nov 29, 2012 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
no. If my mind was gay then maybe...
Nov 29, 2012 10:25 AM

Dec 2011
professor-salt said:
Religious people don't believe transsexuals really exist.

Thats a stupid thing to say...

Anyways, i would say no. But for all the people that do i dont have anything against it so good on them.
Nov 29, 2012 10:26 AM

Sep 2009
The main issue would be having children really. I'm not entirely sure I want them, though I have in the past and will probably feel that way again in the future.

That aside, I am not sure... the thing about marrying someone is that it is the final step in a relationship (unless you save sex until after marriage?) and at that point you would already be comfortable with the idea of being with a transexual in the first place. Even if you didn't care about having sex with them but had reservations about marriage, you wouldn't let the relationship get to the stage would be something you'd consider... would you?

At least the way I feel about these things, it wouldn't be a possibility. Whether I would be in a serious relationship with a transexual... well I have no reservations about sleeping with them, and if I loved them and wanted to get married to them then I'd probably say yes. The only downside I can see is the same that applies to marrying another guy- that I wouldn't be able to have children.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Nov 29, 2012 10:30 AM

Mar 2011
Can't say for sure unless I live it. I applaud the OP and the rest who claim that they are beyond this prejudice(honest comment) but I'm not sure I'm there yet.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 29, 2012 10:30 AM

Jun 2008
Nope. We can be friends though.
Nov 29, 2012 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
Karpman said:

ssjokg said:

Implying that God actually said to hate gays and transsexuals and anyone that isnt a Christian.

It's not about blindingly following God's guidance,it's about them chosing parts of His guidance and dismiss other parts.Or even invent new ones

I could go down that route too. "Implying God talks." But I haven't deepened myself in the society of Christianity, but there are extremes, people who casually believe and other variations as well. Not every Christian or any other religious person will think outside the box. Some will take the twisted extreme views of the what I call bad part of religion as the truth.

"Implying God talks".
You know what I mean...

I am a Christian and I never understood why some of us, have so much hate for others, when our God is (supposedly)teaching about love.
Nov 29, 2012 10:39 AM
Jun 2012
@drinkbeer I'd date a bishie.
Nov 29, 2012 11:13 AM

Feb 2010
@ssjokg

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1&version=NIV

18-32, those verses(or passages?) are full of love, indeed.

On the topic:
If relationship would get to the point where marriage is the [i]next step[/i, then I guess she's worth it and has everything I'm looking for in a woman. It would be a yes.

p.s. Kayo Police <3, and she plays C.Viper @ SF4.
one-more-timeNov 29, 2012 11:44 AM
LUL
Nov 29, 2012 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
professor-salt said:
Birth sex doesn't matter. A person who identifies as female is female.

I do understand that for you the only think deciding the gender is what you think you're, but for me the body would be a barrier.

Kanic said:
I applaud the OP and the rest who claim that they are beyond this prejudice(honest comment) but I'm not sure I'm there yet.

Pretty much how I feel about the subject.
Nov 29, 2012 11:49 AM

Aug 2009
one-more-time said:
@ssjokg

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1&version=NIV

18-32, those verses(or passages?) are full of love, indeed.

The thing is that Paul and all the other apostles and saints arent God or Jesus.

The only difference they have from the believers(good or bad ones)is that they "met" him.Probably.

From what I was taught in school Jesus wasnt someone that would hunt down other people and punish for doing something that didnt affect those around them.
Take the Roman centurion for example.He didnt believe in Jesus,as his students did,but as someone with power to do miracles(power to save his slave).
ssjokgNov 29, 2012 12:17 PM
Nov 29, 2012 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
I don't think I would even date them. I don't think I would feel that comfortable.
Nov 29, 2012 12:04 PM

Jun 2007
I don't tend to think about marriage, but would I date one? Absolutely.

Assuming we are talking about mtf that has gone through hrt. I don't really care about the surgery part.
Nov 29, 2012 12:22 PM

Nov 2011
No. I'd be fine being friends and all, but I don't think I can see myself being in an intimate relationship.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 29, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
I wouldn't even date one. Honestly, a gay relationship would be preferable.

Nov 29, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
Ezekiel said:
I wouldn't even date one. Honestly, a gay relationship would be preferable.
I'd prefer neither

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2012 12:44 PM

Feb 2009
I have the worst of all variables.

I have a dual personality issue I am dealing with. In the morning I wake up as a cliche male, ie wants to have sex, has that 'urge' to screw, and would be plenty happy to wake some mornings and find the wife had already started without waiting.... holy crap that feels good, good morning to you too.

But that person is not me (you think it is hard to keep this straight? try being me).

I am not a man, I am a woman with the distinct hell of being stuck in a male body though. Hurrah, I am so fricking happy (cue sarcasm horn).

It's no damned fun at all. Because I am married to a woman that expects her husband to be male. Seems like a fair expectation. And my male self sure isn't interested in moving out, even though I sure wish he would.

I tell the wife she doesn't reeeeeeeally need to fret over me in female clothing, as I am after all, something of a very manly looking person here. I am not saying 'great looking' I am just in no danger of being mistaken as a trap just because I put on girls clothing and some makeup. It's not that easy.

And it is VERY depressing. Ok ladies, picture yourself stuck in a man's body, would YOU like it? I know I don't. And I don't call dressing in a skirt 'crossdressing' any more than any other woman calls wearing a skirt to be 'crossdressing'. Because you see girls, there is a BIG difference between a guy wanting to wear women's clothing for whatever reason it is that motivates people like that, and a girl stuck in a male body wishing to feel comfortable in her own clothing.

As I see it, every day when I go out dressed in his clothing, I am crossdressing as a man, even if to the rest of the world I am not a woman, and thus supposedly in the correct clothing.

THAT'S what it is to be transgender, and not homosexual. A homosexual male, wants another male sexually. I not only have NO interest in another man, but I loath being trapped in one too.

And as funny as it might sound to a common hetero not experiencing any situational difficulties, if I still like females, ok I suppose that could make me a lesbian, even if inside a body ostensibly designed to match up biologically with another female, an actual female bodied female that is, with the capacity for successful procreation. As I see it, I am a female, that doesn't require a strap on to have fun with a female partner. And I wouldn't need a sperm donor if married to another female and desired to have kids. Fate has made it possible for me to get past that normal same sex relationship barrier.

So the real question is, not so much could you marry a person that was transgender, but, would it interfere with you having an enjoyable sex life while married to that person?

Personally, I will till my last day, have to deal with never getting to know what it is a woman feels like during orgasm, as all I have to work with, is the male equipment's experiences. And I know enough of biology to know, that for instance, the female happy spot possesses twice the nerve endings in her on switch as does the male happy spot. When they perform a sex change operation on a male, all they are doing is converting a penis into a vagina (interesting operation by the way, if you can cope with watching something like that). I am not familiar with female to male, but I suspect you get ripped off of 50% of the intensity of what you will have had originally ladies. And you will need to have a penis donated to you from a male, because the operation you give a male isn't capable of being done both ways.

But I CAN tell you this much (after a long life of being able to experience it), the best sex actually occurs between the ears. All a penis has ever done for me, is provide a means of delivering sperm from testicles, to where ever my penis is pointed. The fun is all about what is going on in your mind.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Nov 29, 2012 12:58 PM

Aug 2012
I wouldn't mind being friends with one, but it would never turn into a serious relationship or involve any sex.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 29, 2012 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
If I had feelings for him or her, Sure.
Nov 29, 2012 1:23 PM

Mar 2011
I don't know, I'll cross that bridge if it comes to it, which I doubt it will.
Nov 29, 2012 1:32 PM

May 2012
No, I am not a homosexual. I respect people of all sexualities though.
Nov 29, 2012 1:35 PM

Jun 2009
PoeticJustice said:

Would you date Buck Angel then?
Nov 29, 2012 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
PoeticJustice said:

trans* isn't a sexual orientation :\
Nov 29, 2012 1:38 PM

May 2012
Trapalicious said:
PoeticJustice said:

That chick looks like she has a bigger dick then I do. HELL no.
Nov 29, 2012 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Trapalicious said:
PoeticJustice said:

Uh...
Try again.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 29, 2012 1:40 PM

Jun 2009
PoeticJustice said:
Trapalicious said:
PoeticJustice said:

Well my point was that if dating a Male to Female is gay in your opinion, then naturally, dating buck angel must be a heterosexual.

Of course, you'll be hard pressed to find an actual heterosexual man who would find Buck Angel attractive however. Point is, finding transsexual women attractive and/or dating them is not gay.
Nov 29, 2012 1:42 PM

May 2012
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:

trans* isn't a sexual orientation :

I was being a bit biased. I think that most transgender people are homosexuals with identity issues. Not trying to offend anyone, just my opinion...
Nov 29, 2012 1:45 PM

Mar 2012
Trapalicious said:

Of course, you'll be hard pressed to find an actual heterosexual man who would find Buck Angel attractive however.

All you need is a paper bag... For your head.
And maybe earplugs in case (s)he says anything.
Nov 29, 2012 1:49 PM

Mar 2012
Depends on the number of anime he watched.
Nov 29, 2012 1:49 PM

Mar 2012
Wiseidiot said:
Depends on the number of anime he watched.

Finally, somebody with some sense!
Nov 29, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
PoeticJustice said:
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:

I was being a bit biased. I think that most transgender people are homosexuals with identity issues. Not trying to offend anyone, just my opinion...

Sure. How many trans* people do you know?
Nov 29, 2012 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think this is something you can argue about and win. It's not like politics, opinions and stuff that can easily be swayed. It's like a legitimate feeling or moral that we just can't change. Like I said I don't mind being friends and all, but thinking about being in a relationship even going as far as marriage I feel uncomfortable about. I suppose it's the way you are raised up, but I try to be as open as possible and I still would never be able to do it. We were all brought up with different beliefs and ways of thinking which we simply cannot change with a convincing argument. I think this is one of those things you just can't make a point on with a person of opposing side.
Nov 29, 2012 1:58 PM

May 2012
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:

Only one, my aunt. She was a lesbian before she died and considered herself transgender.
Nov 29, 2012 1:59 PM

Aug 2009
Ragix said:
I don't think this is something you can argue about and win. It's not like politics, opinions and stuff that can easily be swayed. It's like a legitimate feeling or moral that we just can't change. Like I said I don't mind being friends and all, but thinking about being in a relationship even going as far as marriage I feel uncomfortable about. I suppose it's the way you are raised up, but I try to be as open as possible and I still would never be able to do it. We were all brought up with different beliefs and ways of thinking which we simply cannot change with a convincing argument. I think this is one of those things you just can't make a point on with a person of opposing side.

Not being able to be in a relationship with someone(not just trans*)and hating him/her for no reason are different.
I dont know what transsexuals think of my opinion about a relationship that I gave some pages back,if they think it's right or wrong,but except for that I dont have problems with them.Have I met many?No.Actually I havent met anyone.But I have seen them in the tv. Except for some trans* that are attention whores(just like some gay and straight people)I dont hate them.
Nov 29, 2012 2:05 PM
Jun 2012
PoeticJustice said:
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:

Only one, my aunt. She was a lesbian before she died and considered herself transgender.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.
Nov 29, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
Ragix said:

Not being able to be in a relationship with someone(not just trans*)and hating him/her for no reason are different.
I dont know what transsexuals think of my opinion about a relationship that I gave some pages back,if they think it's right or wrong,but except for that I dont have problems with them.Have I met many?No.Actually I havent met anyone.But I have seen them in the tv. Except for some trans* that are attention whores(just like some gay and straight people)I dont hate them.

That's not something uncommon though. People hate others for no good reason all the time. Lots of religion hates gays and doesn't associate them(Claiming they are going to hell.) and even my step brother's grandfather who was a World War 2 veteran was raised as a racist. He just hates people of African heritage for no good reason and even gave my brother a slingshot and called it a BLANKshooter.(I'll let your imagination fill in the blank.)

So if someone were to not be able to be in a relationship with someone and hate them for no good reason isn't as different as you think. Depending on your ideals and how you were raised play a big factor. Although having your girlfriend or boyfriend come out and tell you that would probably be shocking in general.

TL;DR
People can be raised or hate people based on their ideals and beliefs for no good reason and it happens all the time.

Could you elaborate on what you said earlier though. The BBCodes being disabled is giving me a headache from all the broken code.
Nov 29, 2012 2:08 PM

May 2012
Madeline said:
PoeticJustice said:
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:
professor-salt said:
PoeticJustice said:

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

Transgender people can acknowledge themselves as a homosexual or heterosexual. Some of them feel those labels are inadequate descriptions of who they are. But yeah, she liked girls.
Nov 29, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2009
Ragix said:

TL;DR
People can be raised or hate people based on their ideals and beliefs for no good reason and it happens all the time.

Could you elaborate on what you said earlier though. The BBCodes being disabled is giving me a headache from all the broken code.

Thats what I mean.Having no reason means you dont have an opinion.You just hate and cant even explain why.Even religions hate many things but never say why.They just hate and "punish".

Which post?
ssjokgNov 29, 2012 2:19 PM
Nov 29, 2012 2:18 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
Ragix said:

TL;DR

Thats what I mean.Having no reason means you dont have an opinion.You just hate and cant even explain why.Even religions hate many things but never say why.They just hate and "punish".

Which post?

Never mind, found it. I just wanted to know where you stood on the subject. Yeah, I agree though, but you know how it is... People like that always believe their opinion>everybody else. That's why I was saying no one can really argue and win on this though. It's almost impossible to convince someone on something like this because this is something you either are fine with or not in most cases.(Depending on the factors like I said earlier.)
Nov 29, 2012 3:40 PM

Apr 2011
What I say and do might be two different things.

I probably won't because of the issue of having kids...
Nov 29, 2012 3:42 PM

Feb 2010
GloriousHawk said:

Adoption.
LUL
Nov 29, 2012 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
one-more-time said:
GloriousHawk said:

Adoption.

Some of us want kids that look like us.
Nov 29, 2012 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
one-more-time said:
GloriousHawk said:

Adoption.

Should transgendered people be allowed to adopt children?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 29, 2012 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
Negative-Travis said:

Worst reason I've ever heard.

BloodRequiem said:
one-more-time said:
GloriousHawk said:

Adoption.

Make a topic, fast!
LUL
Nov 29, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

No.
They'll turn their kids into animals. Pets, if you will.
I hear there's a thread about it.

one-more-time said:
Negative-Travis said:

Worst reason I've ever heard.

I'm the only one in my family who still holds the name "Travis", and I'd like to keep the line going.
If that's alright with you, of course.
I also hate other peoples' kids.
Negative-TravisNov 29, 2012 3:51 PM
Nov 29, 2012 3:55 PM

Jan 2008
No. :/
Nov 29, 2012 4:09 PM

Aug 2012
I'm quite open minded so I wouldn't mind dating a transgender at least once in my life.
Marrying and having children with a transgender is a different story though.
So I'll have to say no.
Nov 29, 2012 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Personally, no.
Nothing against it, but not for me.
Nov 29, 2012 4:18 PM

Feb 2010
Negative-Travis said:
I'm the only one in my family who still holds the name "Travis", and I'd like to keep the line going.

Sorry, but my mind cannot grasp it. Such reasons in my book are tagged "stupid", "selfish", etc.
LUL
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

59 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
12 minutes ago

» Real Life Shipping: Have you ever done it or had it happen to you?

TheBlockernator - 3 hours ago

5 by traed »»
21 minutes ago

» Favorite facts about MyAnimeList forums

LenRea - 9 hours ago

4 by MeanMrMusician »»
30 minutes ago

» environment day

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

19 by DigiCat »»
34 minutes ago

» why is r/anime such a bad subreddit! ( 1 2 )

necro_dancer - Oct 11, 2018

85 by DesuMaiden »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.