Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 26, 2012 8:12 PM

Jul 2012
Lately said:
My unopened Corpse Princess is just gathering dust in my drawer for over 2 years now..

How come, does it not interest you?
Jul 26, 2012 8:42 PM

May 2010
Lately said:
My unopened Corpse Princess is just gathering dust in my drawer for over 2 years now..

I love Corpse Princess, I bought it the day it came out. That's when they sold it was "Aka" season 1 and "Kuro" season 2, $45 each. That was the last time I ever spent that much on on anime and I don't buy anime from Best Buy no more. I still love the show though.
Jul 26, 2012 9:13 PM

Jul 2012
I don't understand, if you love it then why does it remain unopened? Is it for collecting purposes?
Jul 26, 2012 9:57 PM

Jul 2011
Berlioz07 said:
Lately said:

Well tbh I believe I took like a 6-12 month break from anime shortly after buying the DVD's and just didn't have the motivation to watch the show after watching different online ones. I read the synopsis online and it looked very generic.

Berlioz07 said:
I don't understand, if you love it then why does it remain unopened? Is it for collecting purposes?

btw that guy you responded to wasn't me lol.
Jul 26, 2012 9:59 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Witchblade DVDs. Should've just Netflix'd it. Won't be touching them again.
Jul 26, 2012 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
None so far. The few i dislike i got dirt cheap anyways.
Jul 26, 2012 10:06 PM

May 2009
Um....... not really. I mean I don't watch them much now and days but I do have rare anime moods to which I am glad I have those DVDs.

But can't you just sell them and get your money back?
Jul 26, 2012 10:08 PM

Jul 2010
Todd_Jensen said:
yeah, it wasn't any better on netflix either lol.

Jul 26, 2012 10:10 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Angel_Beats said:
Todd_Jensen said:

They're both the same thing, just that it had a crappy plot and ending
Jul 26, 2012 10:49 PM

Jun 2012
Probably most of the individual DBZ seasons, as the collection came out soon after. Same with Death Note, dropped in price by like 50% around a month after I bought it. Nothing in terms of quality though. The only anime I bought before watching are Clannad (loved it) and Dragonball (I had watched 100 eps, and bought collection 2 first, which was eps 90-150 or something. Anyways it's my all time favorite, and I went back and bought/re watched all the rest of it several times.)
Jul 26, 2012 10:59 PM

Jul 2010
Todd_Jensen said:
Angel_Beats said:
Todd_Jensen said:

They're both the same thing, just that it had a crappy plot and ending
oh i know, it just wouldn't have been better either except saving a couple bucks.

Jul 26, 2012 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
Lately said:
Berlioz07 said:
Lately said:

Well tbh I believe I took like a 6-12 month break from anime shortly after buying the DVD's and just didn't have the motivation to watch the show after watching different online ones. I read the synopsis online and it looked very generic.

Berlioz07 said:

btw that guy you responded to wasn't me lol.

Yeah I realized that almost immediately after submitting my post :(
Jul 27, 2012 2:20 AM

Sep 2008
Entire Box Set of Devil Man Lady, god that anime fucking sucked and the boxset has all these girls getting testicle raped on the front , which annoys the shit out of me because the anime is so PG it fucking hurts. So i can't even keep the boxset on shelf unless I want some really awkward conversations when people come over.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 27, 2012 2:23 AM

Mar 2012
One Piece, ended up watching it online anyways so...f***
End Zionazism
Jul 27, 2012 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
Jigero said:
Entire Box Set of Devil Man Lady, god that anime fucking sucked and the boxset has all these girls getting testicle raped on the front , which annoys the shit out of me because the anime is so PG it fucking hurts. So i can't even keep the boxset on shelf unless I want some really awkward conversations when people come over.
I'll give you $10 for it just so I can put it on a shelf and start awkward conversations.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jul 27, 2012 7:01 AM

May 2010
Just learned that Mardock Scamble had a directors cut with 60 min of more content. Why did I buy the original? I'm extremely mad even though it was only $20 lost I HAVE to buy the directors cut because I liked that movie.
Jul 27, 2012 11:09 PM

Feb 2011
Unless I find something dirt cheap I don't buy something I haven't seen. The only thing I regret is buying the first 5 volumes of Gungrave, because I found the complete set later at a MovieStop for $10. So now I have both.
Jul 28, 2012 12:35 PM

Jul 2012
lime93 said:
Just learned that Mardock Scamble had a directors cut with 60 min of more content. Why did I buy the original? I'm extremely mad even though it was only $20 lost I HAVE to buy the directors cut because I liked that movie.

Same here I should have just waited since it came out around a month after I picked it up.
Jul 28, 2012 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
Berlioz07 said:
lime93 said:

Same here I should have just waited since it came out around a month after I picked it up.

D: This thread makes me mad at people.

Just pirate things up.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 28, 2012 12:43 PM

Jun 2012
SPNGirl1993 said:
None, The only Anime I've brought on DVD and/or Blu-ray was Kuroshitsuji (Both Seasons) and I love the series! Besides I don't buy anything on DVD unless I know I like it and would enjoy watching it over and over :P

Same here : )
Jul 28, 2012 3:20 PM
Jun 2012
Most of studio ghibli's work.
Jul 28, 2012 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
Berlioz07 said:
lime93 said:

Just pirate things up.

I do this regardless but I also enjoy buying and collecting the physical media of series that I liked. More importantly I like to support the anime industry whereas pirating does nothing to fuel it.
Jul 28, 2012 4:17 PM

Apr 2011
I own

Paprika
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Ghost In The Shell 2.0 (And original)
Seirei No Moribito
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

:D
Just by looking at the covers of them and of the good critique it has been given, I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed. They were all great, I wouldn''t regret owning something that I don't like either. For example I received The first Volume of Ao No Exorcist from a friend in Japan in Kanji, even though I don't like the series I still think it's cool to own it.
Jul 28, 2012 6:52 PM
Mar 2012
K-on, and Nyan Koi.
Jul 28, 2012 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
moeblobs
Jul 28, 2012 8:59 PM

Nov 2007
I regret buying boxsets 1 and 2 of FMA:B because now they are releasing the entire series in two boxsets....and it's way cheaper for me to buy the new boxsets rather than collect parts 3-5 of the original blu-ray boxsets.

Rurouni Kenshin, because it's way cheaper to buy the boxsets I want instead of tracking down all the individual DVDs. Unfortunately, I bought RK years back before they really even had boxsets.

There are a few other random dvds I regret buying, but most of them I managed to sell or give to other people.
Jul 28, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
feder said:
I regret buying boxsets 1 and 2 of FMA:B because now they are releasing the entire series in two boxsets....and it's way cheaper for me to buy the new boxsets rather than collect parts 3-5 of the original blu-ray boxsets.

Rurouni Kenshin, because it's way cheaper to buy the boxsets I want instead of tracking down all the individual DVDs. Unfortunately, I bought RK years back before they really even had boxsets.

There are a few other random dvds I regret buying, but most of them I managed to sell or give to other people.

This is precisely the reason I never pick up individual volumes or parts. I know that eventually a complete series collection will come out making my earlier purchases irrelevant and costing more. They should just release the entire series from the get go instead of breaking it into parts and releasing them separately.
Jul 28, 2012 10:53 PM

Jan 2008
I bought part 2+3 of D.Gray-Man, which is an anime I just can't seem to like no matter how much I try to.
Jul 29, 2012 12:26 AM

Mar 2011
Berlioz07 said:
feder said:

This is precisely the reason I never pick up individual volumes or parts. I know that eventually a complete series collection will come out making my earlier purchases irrelevant and costing more. They should just release the entire series from the get go instead of breaking it into parts and releasing them separately.

Technically this is not true. Monster and Prince of Tennis were both stopped before they even finished, let alone a complete series. Monster had 1 volume and PoT had like 3-4. Viz really dropped the ball..
Jul 29, 2012 12:49 AM

Mar 2009
Some fairly recent purchases...

Sengoku Basara S1 and S2 BD/DVD Combo - I thought I'd like it, and I might still like it, as I've only watched 2 episodes. But so far it's just all about fights with nice animation and not so much about plot and character development. At least I have a very nice art box...

Black Butler S1 BD/DVD Combo - Actually, I do really like this series. However, I've started the manga now, so I doubt I will watch it again.
Jul 29, 2012 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
Excel Saga box set. It was on sale and it was Christmas time. A friend told me it was amazing so i picked it up. That slapstick type of humor with no plot isnt really my thing =[. The worst part is spending the money and not even watching the entire thing. Oh well.
Jul 29, 2012 1:04 AM

Jan 2010
Lets See......

DN Angel, Galaxy Angels, DiGi Charat..

I got rid of Galaxy Angel to a friend but kept the box to store other DVDs in lolol
Jul 29, 2012 2:06 AM

Jan 2011
11eyes :(
Jul 29, 2012 5:07 PM
May 2012
dragon ball z first season. i like dragon ball z but now i kick myself because i knew i should of just bought dbz kai and be done with it all. it seems like every episode in this set is 45 minutes long and the story doesnt seem to go anywhere. im still debating whether i should sell it at an anime auction or just hold on to it :/ i even knew about the fillers and for some reason i still got it >>:
Jul 29, 2012 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
hannahpop said:
dragon ball z first season. i like dragon ball z but now i kick myself because i knew i should of just bought dbz kai and be done with it all. it seems like every episode in this set is 45 minutes long and the story doesnt seem to go anywhere. im still debating whether i should sell it at an anime auction or just hold on to it :/ i even knew about the fillers and for some reason i still got it >>:

As an owner of both DBZ and DBZ Kai I regret getting DBZ Kai. Too much was cut out and although a lot of useless filler was removed I don't like just how much was cut out.
Jul 30, 2012 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
Berlioz07 said:
Immahnoob said:
Berlioz07 said:
lime93 said:

Just pirate things up.

I do this regardless but I also enjoy buying and collecting the physical media of series that I liked. More importantly I like to support the anime industry whereas pirating does nothing to fuel it.

Helping to the fall of the anime industry then buying a DVD or two to "support the anime industry" is called hypocrisy.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 30, 2012 3:25 AM

Sep 2011
Mirage of Blaze. I found the series at a cheap price, so I decided to just buy it (this was before I had internet, so a lot of the anime I bought was just whatever looked interesting in the stores). I had to force myself to finish it just because I didn't want to own something that I hadn't watched.
Jul 30, 2012 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
Berlioz07 said:
Immahnoob said:
Berlioz07 said:
lime93 said:

Just pirate things up.

Helping to the fall of the anime industry then buying a DVD or two to "support the anime industry" is called hypocrisy.

I don't just buy a "dvd or two" I am a licensed online vendor and as such frequently buy a large volume of series to sell. I also collect for myself. What I download are series that are not licensed nor have plans to be licensed or have had their licenses expire.
Aug 4, 2012 9:25 PM

Sep 2008
well i never purchased any dvds yet but this bleach shirt that im currently wearing. i think i was sweeped up into the hype of it ending so suddenly so i just bought for memories sake but i dont even like the anime that much. i barely remember the characters names so when people come up to me and start talking about it i feel like a poser troll lol
Aug 5, 2012 4:23 AM

Jun 2012
Aah! My Goddess!

Bought because I thought it was a good price. I was also interested in watching the series after having seen the movie when I was about eight. However it didn't live up to my expectations.
Aug 5, 2012 4:30 AM

Apr 2007
Fushigi Yugi Eikoden is probably my worst blind buy ever. It was torturous getting through that OVA.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 5, 2012 4:41 AM

Aug 2012
steamboy.....even though it cost less than 10 bucks. it was sooo boring. was expecting a classic
Aug 5, 2012 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
I regret buying 5 Zero no Tsukaima Weib Schawrz Booster Box.
At the end, I don't even need it.
Aug 5, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
I bought an anime grab bag worth 100 US dollars.. What a mistake!

It had a lot of Shōjo anime in it.. I turned around and sold it the same day for like 60 US dollars.

Moral of the story, NEVER BUY GRAB BAGS AT ANIME CONVENTIONS!
*Cough* unless its a H-Grab bag *Cough* Always a profit from that.
Aug 5, 2012 3:34 PM

Mar 2011
X, hands down one of the worst Animes I have ever watched. I bought it on an impulse by because it seemed kind of interesting (and I'm usually pretty lucky with my picks) but this was just bad and I kind of want to banish it from my collection. >.>
Aug 6, 2012 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
I wanted to buy X when I saw it re-released under the Anime Classics line but a lot of my friends warned me against it. I saw a few episodes online and I was very glad I didn't buy it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you self-insert? ( 1 2 )

ateks - Sep 7, 2022

71 by perseii »»
4 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1028 by DEKUO7 »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Today

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
39 minutes ago

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps. ( 1 2 )

TsutanaiFuun - May 23

57 by Kenzolo-folk »»
1 hour ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

77 by dreamingneon »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.