Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2012 8:06 AM

Mar 2012
They're ranked second in the country but they finished last year's finals with the lowest points, thus giving them 4th place in the overall tournament rankings. That's why they're the last school to be seeded. They're actually ranked second in the country, though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2012 8:18 AM

Apr 2010
This is the first time that the Anime shows more then what they showed in the manga the story is still the same but they focussed much more on the battle with Nagano here.
And some other things as well.
I am great full that they didn't show the ending of Kiyosumi's match since that isn't out yet in the manga at least as far as i know.
What i found ironic from the past four or five episodes is that Achiga anded up against North Osaka while Kiyosumi ended up against South Osaka.

It was also nice seeing Arakawa Kei and her friends it was so nice of them to help out Achiga.
Jun 4, 2012 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
Ok, I'll admit I wasn't really paying attention this episode, but why didn't we see Kiyosumi this time? Surely they weren't defeated yet, right? Or are they just simply in another bracket? Yeah, I'm not as fired up about this show as I was on it's parent story.

Anyways, it's time for Terror Teru, which makes up for it so much.

Hmmmm..
Jun 4, 2012 9:36 AM

Oct 2011
HeartofTiles said:
I don't get how Senriyama is ranked second in Japan, They aren't really crazily strong either, Toki is the only one with abilites. Even their last year's Ace, Sera doesn't have any abilities. She's just going straight for high-scoring hands. Other Senriyama's players are all analyzers. I'm not sure about Ryuuka but I don't think she has abilities that has to do with her name; dragons Daisangen. Isn't that Toki's old abilities?

my theory is as follows (I don't read manga not to spoil myself)
but they are "analyzers" - and take enough players that are mainly focused on finding how other people are playing, what is their strategy and give them enough info - and they are able to, maybe not stop, but at least deal with most of those "abilities"
they did it with Achiga and probably with good sources and skills someone like this would be able to shred both Saki and Teru to pieces (Nodoka who is close to this was able to deal with Momo's stealth mode so why not those two)
Jun 4, 2012 12:30 PM
May 2009
desolato said:
Ok, I'll admit I wasn't really paying attention this episode, but why didn't we see Kiyosumi this time? Surely they weren't defeated yet, right? Or are they just simply in another bracket? Yeah, I'm not as fired up about this show as I was on it's parent story.

Anyways, it's time for Terror Teru, which makes up for it so much.

Hmmmm..

Kiyosumi is on the other side of the bracket, if the two schools were to meet, it would be in the finals
Jun 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
Dalek-baka said:
HeartofTiles said:
I don't get how Senriyama is ranked second in Japan, They aren't really crazily strong either, Toki is the only one with abilites. Even their last year's Ace, Sera doesn't have any abilities. She's just going straight for high-scoring hands. Other Senriyama's players are all analyzers. I'm not sure about Ryuuka but I don't think she has abilities that has to do with her name; dragons Daisangen. Isn't that Toki's old abilities?

but they are "analyzers" - and take enough players that are mainly focused on finding how other people are playing, what is their strategy and give them enough info - and they are able to, maybe not stop, but at least deal with most of those "abilities"
they did it with Achiga and probably with good sources and skills someone like this would be able to shred both Saki and Teru to pieces (Nodoka who is close to this was able to deal with Momo's stealth mode so why not those two)

Ranking in a good position last year is not a sign of strength for this year, I thought that was clear since Saki s1.
Every years the third years graduate and there's new first years joining the club, the team are in constant evolution.
In fact, lot of the key player for the national team this year are first year players : Saki and Toki being only two exemples out of the pack.

Also for most monster (or ability users as you wish) there is no counter. Most ability aren't as easy to read and counter as the Matsumi's. Also if a counter do exist, it's most probably another ability on it's own.
Exemple, Saki's natural enemy would be a chankan user but doing a chankan is much rarer than doing a rinshan kaihou so even knowing how to counter Saki... you can't unless you are a monster yourself.
There's many way to counter Saki or Toki or lot of other ability users but it's very rarely something that a digital player can do but rather someone having the polar opposite of their ability.
Jun 4, 2012 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
MY GOD! the hype... if there is an one time press button to go to the future I might have ended up using that right after I finished this episode before I could even think how to make a better useful of that button.

Didn't really expect Teru to go first but it wasn't something I never thought about it. Actually I kinda like it this way. And from the look of it, it seems Toki isn't going down without breaking a sweat and it also seems like she has more than what she has shown. As for Kuro, I hope she isn't there for just the sake of learning. She better do something useful to herself.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 4, 2012 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:
MY GOD! the hype... if there is an one time press button to go to the future I might have ended up using that right after I finished this episode before I could even think how to make a better useful of that button.

Didn't really expect Teru to go first but it wasn't something I never thought about it. Actually I kinda like it this way. And from the look of it, it seems Toki isn't going down without breaking a sweat and it also seems like she has more than what she has shown. As for Kuro, I hope she isn't there for just the sake of learning. She better do something useful to herself.

Oh yes, Kuro will learn something very important in this game.
Jun 4, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2009
Watched all of Saki before I watched this and I was happy to see the old characters, but it made me realize how weak Achiga really is. On one hand, I like that they're not over powered, but on the other hand they don't really stand a chance against anyone in the finals.....except Yuu, but that's because I like her. lol

Teru is going to destroy them. Next episode looks amazing.
[/center]
Jun 4, 2012 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
If Senriyama was placed fourth even with their supposed powerful third-years playing, I don't think I want to know what's going to happen to them this year; Izumi is the only first year on the team this year though. Normal digital player can't really do anything against monsters. Senriyama's going to face a lot of trouble if they don't have many players with abilities on their roster.

Spoiler from Saki's manga

Oh anyways, I forgot. The reason why Senriyama's ranked second in the nation is because of their splendid performance during this year's spring tournament. Just because they kick everyone asses during North Osaka qualifiers, they've moved up in rank to second? What...

Dalek-baka said:

But Nodoka is the greatest digital player in the history, a digital goddess. Normal Senriyama players don't even stand a chance against her. They can't catch up to her speed. It worked with Achiga because Kuro and Yuu's abilities are so obvious. Especially Kuro. Yuu's powers are crazy lol ^-^ Besides, Momo's powers are different from other mahjong powers. And the only reason why Jun's flow control doesn't affect Nodoka because Nodoka quickly change and shape her hands according to the current's flow. Nodoka is basically riding the flow in a digital kind of way; probabilities lol xD
NakocchiJun 4, 2012 7:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2012 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
HeartofTiles said:
If Senriyama was placed fourth even with their supposed powerful third-years playing, I don't think I want to know what's going to happen to them this year; Izumi is the only first year on the team this year though. Normal digital player can't really do anything against monsters. Senriyama's going to face a lot of trouble if they don't have many players with abilities on their roster.

Spoiler from Saki's manga

Oh anyways, I forgot. The reason why Senriyama's ranked second in the nation is because of their splendid performance during this year's spring tournament. Just because they kick everyone asses during North Osaka qualifiers, they've moved up in rank to second? What...

Dalek-baka said:

But Nodoka is the greatest digital player in the history, a digital goddess. Normal Senriyama players don't even stand a chance against her. They can't catch up to her speed. It worked with Achiga because Kuro and Yuu's abilities are so obvious. Especially Kuro. Yuu's powers are crazy lol ^-^ Besides, Momo's powers are different from other mahjong powers. And the only reason why Jun's flow control doesn't affect Nodoka because Nodoka quickly change and shape her hands according to the current's flow. Nodoka is basically riding the flow in a digital kind of way; probabilities lol xD

No, the whole concept of digital playing is chosing the best possible outcome, basically the best risk/point ratio by analysing all the possibilities.
Nodoka could well lose 100 hands in a row against Senriyama, still we could say that her style is much better than Senriyama because she always made the best possible choice.
Nodoka is not affected by presence, meaning that she is the natural ennemy of anyone which power resolve around the concept of presence (like Momo). Other than that, Nodoka do not even try to counter any power since she does not aknowledge it's existence and think it is only the product of luck, such as demonstrated in the Saki manga.

I don't remember Nodoka playing Jun (Was it in the anime filler part?) but it's kind of easy to understand. The "flow", like they want to call it, affect only people being whimsical and chosing a tile they beleive is good instead of the most logical one.
Nodoka will always make the best choice, she won't ever consider chosing a tile that would reduce her probability of winning by 0.0001% just because she feel like it'll be a good tile.
It's not like Jun can change the position of the tile once they are set, this won't affect Nodoka's gameplay which takes all odds into calculation.

Outcome define a monster's strength while the process define a digital player's strength.
Jun 4, 2012 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
Maddo_scientisto said:

No, the whole concept of digital playing is chosing the best possible outcome, basically the best risk/point ratio by analysing all the possibilities.
Nodoka could well lose 100 hands in a row against Senriyama, still we could say that her style is much better than Senriyama because she always made the best possible choice.
Nodoka is not affected by presence, meaning that she is the natural ennemy of anyone which power resolve around the concept of presence (like Momo). Other than that, Nodoka do not even try to counter any power since she does not aknowledge it's existence and think it is only the product of luck, such as demonstrated in the Saki manga.

I don't remember Nodoka playing Jun (Was it in the anime filler part?) but it's kind of easy to understand. The "flow", like they want to call it, affect only people being whimsical and chosing a tile they beleive is good instead of the most logical one.
Nodoka will always make the best choice, she won't ever consider chosing a tile that would reduce her probability of winning by 0.0001% just because she feel like it'll be a good tile.
It's not like Jun can change the position of the tile once they are set, this won't affect Nodoka's gameplay which takes all odds into calculation.

Outcome define a monster's strength while the process define a digital player's strength.

That's what I meant ^-^ Nodoka chooses the best possible outcome by looking into every possibilities and constantly changing her hands basing on what's happpening across the table; notice how she quickly resort to winning an open cheap hand after noticing Imamiya All-Girls' fukushou putting together a monster hand. Jun's flow control doesn't affect Nodoka because Nodoka will just change her hands to a new better wait. Calling to prevent Nodoka from drawing needed tiles is pointless since she'll just make new calculations and resort to a faster and better wait.

That's what I call ''riding the flow in a digital kind of way". She catches up to what occult players call 'flow' in her own playstyle. When the flow of the game is blowing into your favor, you're going draw a lot of effective tiles. When Jun calls(or 'change the flow') the calls change your draws and preventing you from getting your effective tiles thus lowering your chance of finishing your hand. At least that's the way I see it ^^

There's no such thing as flow, really. But, by using probabilities and statistics, you can make your own luck and constantly changing your hands by taking all odds into account and get effective draws.

Nodoka played Jun during the Individuals ~
NakocchiJun 4, 2012 10:50 PM
Jun 4, 2012 11:37 PM

Jul 2007
Poor Kuro playing vs Teru and that senriyama moster. I can't wait for the next episode :3 At last we are gonna see Teru in action!
Jun 5, 2012 2:07 AM

Nov 2009
In Senriyama defend, even they placed fourth last year,that doesn't mean they are weakest.

The situation at the end of final round last year can be like this:

1.Senriyama got ron in late hand which made them dropped to fourth place, but at that point, the difference in score of 2nd,3rd and 4th are very small so that losing small point may still result in the change of ranking.

2. They placed last but the different in score between 2nd,3rd and 4th are no more than 10,000

With so small difference in score, we can't really use to judge if one team is weaker than other.

Come to think of it, after this year, many schools will suffer from the big loss as their 3rd year members graduate.

1. Kiyosumi will loss Hisa
2. Tsuruga will loss Yumi and Momo
3.Kazekoshi will loss Mihoko
4. Achiga will loss Yuu
5. Senriyama will loss Ryuuka, Toki and Sera
6. Shiratodai will loss Teru, and Sumie
Jun 5, 2012 2:12 AM

Dec 2011
Momo is a 1st year. Kanbara is a 3rd year though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 5, 2012 3:07 AM

Mar 2012
Marina2 said:
In Senriyama defend, even they placed fourth last year,that doesn't mean they are weakest.

I never said that they're the weakest. It's just that it saddens me how less strong they are compared to other top-ranked schools : I'm not even sure what Toki's level is if she doesn't has that seeing one-round of discards ability.

Manga spoiler for Toki's semifinals

Besides, I don't think the difference between points are that small. Toki once said, "The match was practically decided before Ryuuka could even do anything. " It can only mean two things ;

1) The points difference are that great that it's impossible to turn the tables around even with a double yakuman direct-hit

or

2) The match ended before it's Ryuuka turn to play.

But Ryuuka wasn't playing for the captain position last year; so the match ended before Teru's turn to play?! That's impossible too. I'll say that Ryuuka was facing another strong Shiraitodai player that she didn't have a chance to do anything and the difference between points were already that great by the time their captain play.

I've always believed that Rinkai is the true second-ranked school of the nation. All Rinkai's members are international players and top-ranked in the world league and they even managed to end up 2nd during their showdown with Shiraitodai. Their new vanguard, Satoha even finished 3rd while taking Teru head-on in the Individuals.

Anyways, Senriyama shouldn't come into existence in the first place : Achiga, too. If possible, I don't want both of them to advance lol. The finalists should be Eisui, Shiraitodai, Kiyosumi and Rinkai. The 4th seeded school should be Himematsu. The captain round of finals should consists of only monsters players; Awai, Kasumi, Saki and Choe/Nelly. I don't want Ryuuka or Shizuno there.
NakocchiJun 5, 2012 3:13 AM
Jun 5, 2012 5:00 AM

Nov 2009
@HeartofTiles

Ah,....Good point. However...

I said between 2nd,3rd and 4th not 1st and 2nd. If 1st score is very high, it's possible that other three teams' score will be close to each other.

Secondly, this should be in spoiler for now...

Thirdly, having at least one normal player at table is always interesting than table full of monster, believe me :P Monster players' game may look interesting at first ,but it become boring fast too. Having a "normal" player who doesn't use any specail ability at a table is great. (Even if they are just a prey.) Just look at Kirame and kana for example. ^^

Even Teru.....
Marina2Jun 5, 2012 5:08 AM
Jun 5, 2012 5:24 AM

Oct 2009
HeartofTiles said:

Because Toki joins the team somewhere during Autumn/spring (after the whole 'Want to go to the Nationals with me' proporsal and they did well before Summer Tournament, so I assume Toki, being the team's Ace, did very well, although they still can't be no 1 because Shiraitodai no 1.
They're seeded 4th because they ranked 4 on last year's Summer Tournament (Ryuuka told Toki they're completely curbstomped- or something like that by Shiraitodai)
The rank goes up is determined by their rank on spring/autumn tourney...

Nope, it's not Toki's old ability, and we don't know about it yet, but I guess Toki... Nah.

And besides...

KOUKO-chan's voice!!! HNNNNNNGGGG!!

Question, though...

That Announcer who introduced Kiyosumi's side's senpou sounds like Kouko-chan's.... does that mean she'll commentate on the side a's quarter finals?
That would be awesome.
Oohoshi_AwaiJun 5, 2012 12:46 PM
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Jun 5, 2012 5:48 AM

Jan 2010
Nonaka Ai gets to be an announcer in two shows this season, eh? I can dig it.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jun 5, 2012 12:49 PM

Oct 2009
NavyCherub said:
Nonaka Ai gets to be an announcer in two shows this season, eh? I can dig it.

Looks like it.
And it looks like she'll be commentating for Kiyosumi's quarter finals (change of side/retconnected? - at the manga she's commentating for Rinkai's quarter finals)

That Kotori dialect. HNNNNNGGG~!

That makes up for Kei's slightly... disappointing voice... And Kirame's... Oh god.
Gotta get used on her...
Jun 5, 2012 3:56 PM

May 2012
achigan's not going to beat saki's sis after all... plus i felt like arata will lose because of some werid issues
Jun 5, 2012 8:21 PM

May 2012
Achiga's gonna get destroyed.
Jun 6, 2012 12:36 AM

Oct 2009
pokemon814 said:
achigan's not going to beat saki's sis after all... plus i felt like arata will lose because of some werid issues

Weird issues? Care to elaborate?

Finally we'll see Teru in mahjong Table.. Playing. :D
Jun 7, 2012 8:03 AM

Aug 2011
I kept laughing at Shizuno's enthusiasm during this ep, in my ears it seemed like everyone else's dialogue was muffled and Shizu was talking through a loudspeaker.

Good luck to Kuro in her match, it's certainly a tough one.
Jun 7, 2012 8:20 AM

May 2011
Oohoshi_Awai said:
HeartofTiles said:

Because Toki joins the team somewhere during Autumn/spring (after the whole 'Want to go to the Nationals with me' proporsal and they did well before Summer Tournament, so I assume Toki, being the team's Ace, did very well, although they still can't be no 1 because Shiraitodai no 1.
They're seeded 4th because they ranked 4 on last year's Summer Tournament (Ryuuka told Toki they're completely curbstomped- or something like that by Shiraitodai)
The rank goes up is determined by their rank on spring/autumn tourney...

Nope, it's not Toki's old ability, and we don't know about it yet, but I guess Toki... Nah.

And besides...

KOUKO-chan's voice!!! HNNNNNNGGGG!!

Question, though...

That Announcer who introduced Kiyosumi's side's senpou sounds like Kouko-chan's.... does that mean she'll commentate on the side a's quarter finals?
That would be awesome.

Only if they would come up with a new storyline, since in the original storyline saki did not enter the individuals :/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 7, 2012 10:56 AM

Dec 2011
Kiev said:

Only if they would come up with a new storyline, since in the original storyline saki did not enter the individuals :/

It doesn't say anywhere that Saki doesn't enter the individuals. It's true that they aren't shown, however.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 7, 2012 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
although i'm enjoying this series, the first one was so much better :(
it was more exciting!
Jun 8, 2012 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
Laepo said:
although i'm enjoying this series, the first one was so much better :(
it was more exciting!

The next ep, the semi-final match is one of the most anticipated match (We'll get to see Teru plays!)...
I think Toki's match is pretty good too, I mean, that BGM - is giving me better impact than the one when Saki's last hand-!
The epic awesomeness! The riichi stick!
Jun 8, 2012 5:41 AM

Mar 2012
Kiev said:

The individuals is actually canon and it did happen in the manga, the matches weren't shown, though. Even the anime-exclusive character, Nanpo Kazue, does exist in the manga lol. Even the match when Saki could see Momo's dealt tiles, happened.

Spoiler for individuals in the manga

Oohoshi_Awai said:

Toki's old ability is Three Armies or Three Generals(if you check the words in the RAWS), Three Armies = Big Three Dragons? Don't tell me it was a coincidence. Then again, it's true that we're not sure of it. Maybe we'll get to see it in the semifinals?

WARNING ; super spoiler for Toki's semifinals

Marina2 said:

Thirdly, having at least one normal player at table is always interesting than table full of monster, believe me :P Monster players' game may look interesting at first ,but it become boring fast too. Having a "normal" player who doesn't use any specail ability at a table is great. (Even if they are just a prey.) Just look at Kirame and kana for example. ^^

Kana is anything but normal ^^ She has some monstrous luck whenever she's down 30 000 points below. Her luck is strong even when she's not placed last in the scoreboard. Kana's simply unlucky for going up against demons like Koromo and Saki and strategic player like Yumi. Didn't her luck even outshine Koromo when she has zero point? She got tenpai on the fourth turn o_o and then scored a kazoe yakuman, putting together a Kokushi Musou after three turns and managed to get a lot of kan doras from Saki's kans( Tanyao dora 7 ^-^ )
NakocchiJun 8, 2012 8:39 AM
Jun 8, 2012 7:23 AM

Oct 2009
HeartofTiles said:

Toki's old ability is Three Armies or Three Generals(if you check the words in the RAWS), Three Armies = Big Three Dragons? Don't tell me it was a coincidence. Then again, it's true that we're not sure of it. Maybe we'll get to see it in the semifinals?

Kana is anything but normal ^^ She has some monstrous luck whenever she's down 30 000 points below. Her luck is strong even when she's not placed last in the scoreboard. Kana's simply unlucky for going up against demons like Koromo and Saki and strategic player like Yumi. Didn't her luck even outshine Koromo when she has zero point? She got tenpai on the fourth turn o_o and then scored a kazoe yakuman, putting together a Kokushi Musou after three turns and managed to get a lot of kan doras from Saki's kans( Tanyao dora 9 ^-^ )

San Chun? Well... I did write about it on my fanfiction, speculation about it, but... Oh well...
I think it's more like Table Control, though. Toki may know what tiles she should/shouldn't discard, but she doesn't know what other opponents will discard

BUT... You forgot that Saki did let Kana win with Chankan on purpose, cos she won't be able to beat Koromo if she stays on her dealer turn. XD
Well, it didn't matter, sure she could get big hands when her score is very low, it won't be enough her team to win, unless she gave up to get no 1... Which is the real matter in hands= Saki lets Kana to win so she won't give up, thus her luck shines again... And since she will try to get no 1, Saki won't have to worry about Kana tsumo-ing or something. ;) - Wait, actually she did ron Koromo, who has a lot of Kana's winning tiles with the uber rare 1 han 110 fu hands. - Makes Kana getting worried again, Since Saki just win with fast hands/practice her kan = Saki only have to worry about Yumi pulling out big hands on her last dealer turn by Tsumo - which is too bad for Yumi since she is still iishanten when Koromo dealt that 1 pin...
Jun 8, 2012 8:38 AM

Mar 2012
Oohoshi_Awai said:

BUT... You forgot that Saki did let Kana win with Chankan on purpose, cos she won't be able to beat Koromo if she stays on her dealer turn. XD
Well, it didn't matter, sure she could get big hands when her score is very low, it won't be enough her team to win, unless she gave up to get no 1... Which is the real matter in hands= Saki lets Kana to win so she won't give up, thus her luck shines again... And since she will try to get no 1, Saki won't have to worry about Kana tsumo-ing or something. ;) - Wait, actually she did ron Koromo, who has a lot of Kana's winning tiles with the uber rare 1 han 110 fu hands. - Makes Kana getting worried again, Since Saki just win with fast hands/practice her kan = Saki only have to worry about Yumi pulling out big hands on her last dealer turn by Tsumo - which is too bad for Yumi since she is still iishanten when Koromo dealt that 1 pin...

I didn't forgot lol. But still, it's her luck that makes her able to get that no-yaku tenpai right? xD If it was not because of Kana's luck, then don't tell me Saki can actually control her opponents' hands to use it to her advantage(that chankan win) lol omg o_O You're truly a demon, Saki. As expected from a sister of Teru. It's really too bad that Kana didn't get her Tanyao dora 7 ippatsu win, though ;__;

Anyways,

Oohoshi_Awai said:

San Chun? Well... I did write about it on my fanfiction, speculation about it, but... Oh well..

You wrote a fanfiction about it...?!! Haven't checked out the Saki section for quite some time. Maybe I'll go and check it out now lol. Sorry off-topic xD
NakocchiJun 8, 2012 8:41 AM
Jun 8, 2012 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
Speaking about Kana, I know that feeling of despair when having exactly 0 points... Well, partially because I manipulate my own score, but... (Yay me?)
Really. You can't declare Riichi, then you can only tsumo- I don't really get the condition with no yaku things, but when I have open hands with no yaku-, it's always furiten/can't ron on the first dicard of said winning tiles. XD
And you're being forced to play/at least reach tenpai.
That was scary, try not to be down to 0 point.

Less than 48 hours for Semi Finals to start... I'm getting excited.

Ff.net? Well, they did add the characters from Saki Achiga hen after I mailed them...
The fanfic section is rather deserted, though.
And there's some good ones on DA.

A-ny-ways, I'm rather wondering who people are thinking for the antagonist side on the Saki Achiga Hen, I mean, Achiga themself are rather... even gives out bigger despair to the opponents compared to Saki's opponent (Koromo) dealt 1 pin... And the feeling when you know you're being targeted...
And those big hands Kuro win on the perfectural and the match before quarter finals.

lets root for either Shiraitodai,
Senriyama or Shindouji.
Oohoshi_AwaiJun 8, 2012 1:50 PM
Jun 8, 2012 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Oohoshi_Awai said:
Speaking about Kana, I know that feeling of despair when having exactly 0 points... Well, partially because I manipulate my own score, but... (Yay me?)
Really. You can't declare Riichi, then you can only tsumo- I don't really get the condition with no yaku things, but when I have open hands with no yaku-, it's always furiten/can't ron on the first dicard of said winning tiles. XD
And you're being forced to play/at least reach tenpai.
That was scary, try not to be down to 0 point.

I don't quite understand your post about 'not understanding the no-yaku stuff' but.. of course you can't win off of someone else when you have no yaku. Isn't the basic rule of Mahjong is to have at least one yaku to win xD You automatically get one yaku if you declare riichi since the riichi is a yaku itself. And you instantly get a yaku when you draw your winning tile yourself since Concealed hand Tsumo is also counted as a yaku xD Ron isn't a yaku ,that's why if your opponent discard your winning tile and your hand has no yaku(not even pinfu, yakuhai or tanyao whatsoever), you can't win from it because you have no yaku in the first place; the menzen ron bonus that gives out the additional 10fu isn't counted as a yaku since it's actually a bonus to increase your fu count. But, as a Mahjong player, you already know these things, right.

Regarding the fanfics, I assume your pen name is Evil Detective?

Another not-so-spoiler

Yumi and Kana's despair only lasted for a while because Saki was there and started the whole 'Mahjong is fun' crap. When the captain round started, Kana was actually still traumatized by Koromo of the last year eventhough it didn't affect her play all that much(Kana dealt into Koromo's baiman last year and lots of terrifying stuff that we don't know) She started getting confused only when Koromo won a haitei tsumo after declaring riichi on the 7th turn.

"Whichever way you take on the road, they both end in death." - Kana, regarding her fear of Koromo.

Also, didn't Kana make one of her opponents stop playing Mahjong in Kazekoshi's first round match? And Toki gave a bigger despair to her opponents than Kuro did, why isn't she a villain then? :P Nothing is more terrifying than knowing that your opponent will win with an ippatsu and you can't call or do nothing to stop it. Even Yuki's opponents during Kiyosumi's first match Of Nagano qualifiers were left tired and lifeless. Mako's too. and I don't even want to bring Shiraitodai up lol ;P

Super spoiler for Kiyosumi's quarterfinals

Hmm.. I hope they can animate the vanguard's match well. I wouldn't want to watch a poorly-adapted version of Teru's match.
NakocchiJun 8, 2012 8:01 PM
Jun 9, 2012 5:33 PM
Apr 2010
Lets go Kuro and ACHIGA !
Jun 10, 2012 2:48 AM

Oct 2009
Few more hours before Teru Time started!

Grab your pop corn people~!

Oh and about the no yaku stuff, it's true.
Even when menzen, and I'm sure I've got Yakuhai, I can't tsumo.
Probably tenhou is on weird mode.
Jun 10, 2012 5:57 AM

Mar 2012
Oohoshi_Awai said:
Few more hours before Teru Time started!

Grab your pop corn people~!

Oh and about the no yaku stuff, it's true.
Even when menzen, and I'm sure I've got Yakuhai, I can't tsumo.
Probably tenhou is on weird mode.

Maybe you got wind tiles that's not your own wind seat? That's why you can't tsumo ^^ Tenhou is kinda weird these days, it keeps making me draw winning tiles. Even if I call Riichi, in a few turns someone else will riichi and I will deal into his freaking ippatsu o-o

At this rate, I'm gonna be stuck at lower-dan rank forever /cries/

EDIT: Sorry. Fixed.
NakocchiJun 10, 2012 7:29 AM
Jun 10, 2012 6:46 AM

Dec 2011
you might want to spoiler tag that last post...

People who have only watched the anime series don't know who Toyone is.
Jun 11, 2012 4:00 AM

Jun 2009
Finally get to watch this...

And holy shit Nara's players are all stronger than Achiga's... O.o Then again, it's Nara All star(Minus Ryuumonbuchi and Kiyosumi) vs Achiga...

Will be interesting to see how Toki fair against Teru.... Can Kuro pull something off and not give up 40000 point difference like her last match... Hopefully Kuro learn something useful from the 2 days of practice against top players.^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2012 8:21 PM

Apr 2009
^Err, maybe you meant Nagano's players? Achiga is from Nara. ^^;

It seems there will be carnage next episode. Kuro must try to not get curbstomped this time. But against the strongest of the strongest, can she manage? We'll see if their crash course training will help them.
Jun 21, 2012 2:15 PM
Jul 2009
I know I'm not the only one rooting for Senriyama and Shiraitodai, but it still feels kinda weird.
Jun 21, 2012 9:27 PM

Oct 2009
littlemephi said:
I know I'm not the only one rooting for Senriyama and Shiraitodai, but it still feels kinda weird.

No you're not, me too!
And sure, there are others who want Senriyama and Shiraitodai to advance.

Why it feels kind of weird?
Jun 21, 2012 9:57 PM

Dec 2011
Oohoshi_Awai said:
littlemephi said:

No you're not, me too!
And sure, there are others who want Senriyama and Shiraitodai to advance.

Why it feels kind of weird?

On the contrary I get the feeling that I'm probably just about the only person who likes Achiga and want them to advance... It's just a shame that all the playtime focus goes onto Kuro, who is the weakest character of the five, and probably also the weakest in terms of play.
Jun 21, 2012 11:06 PM

Oct 2009
Actually these days I think it's more possible if Shindouji advances... the lack of flashback and all....
I just don't understand why she of all the people is senpou... There's others better choice than her - because of her can't discard dora stuff limitation...
Aug 11, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2011
haha Tako so cool, but she normally lose...

finally get to see the legendary Teru, but Achiga seems so weak compared to the others, could one of them have special powers that is still waiting to be unlocked yet?
May 28, 2013 9:43 AM

Dec 2009
Looking forward to this match.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 23, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice development, I really like where this is going! Let's see what next match will offer us.
Aug 13, 2016 10:42 PM

Feb 2013
Wahaha. This freaking girl.

So she turned down the offer to turn pro and wanted to stay with them till then end. Aww.

New ED too. Nice.
Jul 20, 2017 5:03 PM

Jul 2015
WAHAHA, nice to see some of our dear girls from the original Saki, especially Mihoko!

I'm both hyped for the match and scared as fuck because Kuro will face three behemots, I hope luck is on her side.
Aug 29, 2021 12:36 PM

Feb 2020
Momoko and Yumi are so adorable together. <3

Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Wait, if Saki's sister is the first to play and Saki is usually the last... wouldn't the sisters face each other in a supposed final?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 1, 2012

115 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 17, 2012

95 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 1:45 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 10, 2012

70 by Serafos »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.