Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2019 9:17 AM

Jun 2016
Sanji gathering the courage to die was absolutely hysterical. When it started I had wondered, will he even have to think, will he even hesitate before accepting his death?! Then he lit his cigarette, something of a battle ritual for Sanji like when Zoro puts on his bandanna. He clearly had to gather up the courage, and it was very Zoro-esque. Even if truthfully Zoro would be far more eager to die in his samurai-esque code embracing death and refusing to run like against Mihawk or later even the Pacifista when he could hardly walk, or like when he didn't try to run from Perona in Thriller Bark. Still, to have Sanji's code to look at beautiful women even if its the death of him set up with a cigarette and a speech as he attempted to do the impossible and value his ambition over his own life, it really reminded me of the parallel with Zoro going on as he too did something risking his life- fighting one of the strongest fishman of the island in its own territory. I just adore the fact that such an absurdly stupid moment was both hilarious and completely grounded in Sanji's inner-logic. Zoro's stubbornness to be the best and never run, even refusing to pray to god's can be just as dumb as this was after all. :D

Luffy fighting Vander Decken was one of the coolest things ever. Them getting caught by sea fishers took me off guard a little, it didn't feel like it should have happened to me with moments like Brook or Usopp reacting to a pirate coming behind him but it did justify it in a way. They were civilians who hadn't shown their ability to fight and these ones catch sea kings so they have precise skills and courage and composure. But, as much as it felt a little contrived I can excuse it for what it allowed us to see. Luffy made me lose my mind, the whole "I have nothing against you but you're in my way" before conquerors haki-ing everyone out of conscious, second gearing, smashing the coral to the ground, and nearly beating Vander Decken in one blow with his legs all while tied up more than Hordy was with his cuffs on showed just how freaking insane Luffy has gotten. But it was also built on top of something I loved, this wasn't the first time Luffy has done this, last time he was tied up by Don Krieg he did the exact same thing, got the use of his legs, constricted them around Don Krieg, and like he did here, hammered him directly into the ground face first. What a quick sequence only to be ended with Luffy taking out Wadatsu in one clean hit and leaving Vander Decken around a conscious Sanji meaning Sanji can get his turn too when Decken tries to throw something at Shirahoshi! Another nitpick on top of the somewhat contrived sea fishers catching the crew is that even after saving the princess and taking down her stalker the fact that everyone still thought Luffy was a bad dude made me frustrated. I don't think anyone is that dumb.

I wanted to note last episode that Hordy appeared to use haki when he did Fish Grip as it made the haki noise. It made me think he used armament haki. But, nothing else he's done would suggest that so it may have just been a coincidence. As for the fight with Zoro that was the second amazingly great sequence of the episode. Hordy was smart, he was trying to force Zoro deep into the water, he distracted him with projectiles and as he was tiring out he dashed in to smash him even deeper to make him pass out and give him free rein to storm the palace. It was smart and I was worried for Zoro as he was forced to be on the defensive, unable to move like he was held down by a ball and chains relative to Hordy's mobility. When Usopp worried for Zoro's sake and checked on him I even thought it may become a two on one with Usopp helping out which got me excited, but what came was better than I could ever have anticipated. Zoro blocked and defended until Hordy got arrogant and dashed in to finish him off and that's when Zoro did one clean counter attack and cut through Hordy presumably winning the fight. Just as badass as Luffy or even more if you ask me, with the great irony of having a human beat a fishman in the water when that fishman is one who mocks humans for their strength in the water, akin to when Luffy destroyed the arrogant Eneru's conception of why he was a god and dealt with his lightening like it was nothing. Great stuff and an insanely cool fight, one where Zoro's life was really on the line if Hordy didn't rush his way in there over confidently.

Nami's plan was a good one too, showing her confidence in the others to be okay she rushed to Jimbei's side to understand what's so dangerous about Hordy and to understand the situation better. This means Luffy, Robin, Franky, and Nami will meet up with Den and Jimbei, as Brook, Usopp, and Zoro stay to catch the remains of this palace raid. Poor Brook being here to be chest deep in water. Perhaps the King's tactical retreat isn't so necessary anymore with Hordy so hurt.. I do wonder where the strong new fishman pirates are however, we saw them raid with Hordy and so far unless I'm blind we haven't seen those guys, like Hyouzou, or the flesh eater, or the hammer head shark, or any of the ones that are always beside Hordy.

By the way I stitched together a cool shot of Hordy from this episode.
Nov 7, 2020 4:21 AM

Sep 2019
Zoro is just epic he can't be stopped.
Dec 21, 2020 5:03 PM

May 2016
Thanks to the queer blood coursing through his veins, it looks like he won't be dying anytime soon no matter how beautiful the woman who stands before him is. He's still useless against them but at least it's not fatal anymore.

Luffy kicking Decken's ass while being completely tied up was badass. It's too bad that the first beatdown's never enough to keep them down. Zoro getting a really good slash on Hordy was the coolest moment in this episode though!

Mar 17, 2021 11:23 AM

Jan 2019
I'm so tired of Sanji, everyone upgraded themselves on those two years except Sanji who became worse garbage than what he already was. One time was funny, but making him nosebleed everytime he sees a girl (and making such a big deal out of it) is boring and just points out how useless Sanji has become.
May 15, 2021 10:49 AM

Apr 2021
luffy and zoro are epic as per usual but goddamnnn I really hate those bg characters that do nothing but get in the way every episodeee but it's alright luffy does need some nerfing lmao
606cypherineMay 15, 2021 10:54 AM
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jun 3, 2021 7:54 AM

Jun 2019
Don't get too cocky around Zoro.
Also, "You're not my type". LMAO
Aug 17, 2021 10:11 PM

Aug 2021
Zoro is too strong!!!
Sanji turned into stone
Luffy kicking ass even in ropes
You're not my type~~~ XD
Sep 5, 2022 1:31 AM
Oct 2019
Sanji is still annoying but things are really getting interesting! I hope they do something really cool with Nami, being that is a really good opportunity.
Feb 3, 2023 12:56 PM

Apr 2018
Luffy and Zoro <3. They have improved so much! I'm not really impressed with Sanji and the others yet ~
May 8, 2023 7:37 PM
Feb 2022
Sin saberlo, todos están por reunirse en el bosque marino. Zoro si pudo con Houdy bajo el agua. En tierra hubiese terminado antes.
Jun 7, 2023 2:09 PM

Dec 2021
It's like Luffy: cool
Jun 27, 2023 10:46 PM
Oct 2019
I swear the citizens in this kingdom are so dumb LMAO
Dec 12, 2023 12:49 PM

Mar 2017
It seemed odd Luffy didn't sense that people were about to capture him via Haki and got tied up. That said, Luffy always manages to get stuck or pinned down somehow. lol. Was cool that he still kicked Decken's butt regardless.

Zoro VS Hordy has been epic. Possibly my favourite Zoro fight so far.
Jun 9, 9:25 PM

Dec 2022
the inspirational and uplifting musically accompanied presentation of Sanji living his most passionate dreams genuinely brought of soft sparkling tear to my eye
Zoro doesn't need oxygen to be the baddest
6 hours ago

Mar 2016
Damn! "You're not my type" probably hurt a hell of a lot more than a "No" to his marriage proposal xD

Love Luffy not messing around and going straight to taking out Deckman and Wadatsumi. As badass as the original leg pump is, the new arm flick that he sometimes does for 2nd gear now gives off that "I've become strong enough to do it a quicker way" vibe.

That barrage of water arrows feels like it was done to drag out some time. I get that he's underwater now, but the way he so easily deflected the arrow earlier makes Zoro being seemingly pinned down later on a bit off-feeling. It was worth having the fight paced though so that once Hordy thought he could go in for an easy kill...Zoro could show just how outmatched he truely was.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

54 by bakakisima »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

54 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

85 by GT1Studios »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

76 by KyoyaTempest »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 22

72 by Biisoo »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.