Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2011 2:01 PM
Oct 2011
Well, I prefer yandere. Tsundere is totally overrated. This type is everywhere, I got booored.
I love yandere like a for example Ryugu Reina from Higurashi. :3 She's annoying sometimes, but generally she's interesting character, one of the most interesting in this anime.
And she has got a charming billhook. Omochikaeri~
Oct 31, 2011 2:08 PM

Jan 2008
BULLDOG266 said:
So hard to choose since I like my bitches mentally unstable. Well this character has
both traits. Her name is Fear. Which suits her I guess.

Fear isn't a yandere, she's a yangire. She does show signs of being a tsundere though.

Preacher said:
Well, I prefer yandere. Tsundere is totally overrated. This type is everywhere, I got booored.
I love yandere like a for example Ryugu Reina from Higurashi. :3 She's annoying sometimes, but generally she's interesting character, one of the most interesting in this anime.

Rena isn't yandere. It's like the most common mistake people make with her. Shes yangire.
Oct 31, 2011 2:16 PM

Apr 2011
Paul said:
BULLDOG266 said:
So hard to choose since I like my bitches mentally unstable. Well this character has
both traits. Her name is Fear. Which suits her I guess.

Fear isn't a yandere, she's a yangire. She does show signs of being a tsundere though.

Preacher said:

Rena isn't yandere. It's like the most common mistake people make with her. Shes yangire.

OK you lost me. Wikipedia glossary of anime and manga has both terms Yangire and Yandere. Fear is not a Yandere but a Yangire why? I'm currently having a brain fart and can't distinguish the difference between the two. D:
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 31, 2011 2:19 PM

Apr 2011
NEVER MIND! Just understood. Yandere for example is the bitches from School Days and a Yangire is Fear. Because she snaps, but she doesn't have a lovey dovey relationship with what's his face and ends up all destructive. Then again, we've yet to see the full relationship between the two. :S
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 31, 2011 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
I like both. If I HAD to choose;it have to be Tsundere.

If anyone has extra time, could they link me to the Tsundere signature thread?
It's hard to explain, but the one where you would sign up for a Tsundere club picture, I kinda lost the thread :/ I also can't look up my recent posts either. Please post on my profile instead :D Thank you.

View forum posts/search function aren't working so I can' find it D:
Oct 31, 2011 2:22 PM
Oct 2011
Indeed, I checked it. She's actually a yangire, but in many websites call her yandere.
Oct 31, 2011 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
BULLDOG266 said:
NEVER MIND! Just understood. Yandere for example is the bitches from School Days and a Yangire is Fear. Because she snaps, but she doesn't have a lovey dovey relationship with what's his face and ends up all destructive. Then again, we've yet to see the full relationship between the two. :S

They don't actually need to be in a real relationship to be considered yandere. One person has to be crazily in love with the other person, to the point of obsession; and if anything gets between him/her, they'll pretty much go to the point of killing/hurting (badly) other people who get involved/near or look like they're going to take him/her away from the him/her. The most popular yandere right now would probably be Yuno from Mirai Nikki which is currently airing.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere

Yangire is pretty much cute and psycho. Looks cute, moe and stuff but can break out into sudden insanity for even reasons unrelated to love.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuteAndPsycho?from=Main.Yangire
Oct 31, 2011 2:31 PM

Nov 2008
Hoppy said:
DenjaX said:
Angel_Beats said:
Tsunderes are a lot more annoying. =/
Judging from your Victorique pic and sig, you're just contradicting yourself XDD
Nope Victorique is kuudere.
What is the difference anyways? both have cold shoulders...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 31, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2011
Shouko from "Baka And Test" would be considered Yandere, correct?
Oct 31, 2011 2:40 PM

Jul 2011
Yandere of course
Oct 31, 2011 2:41 PM

Dec 2010
Do I have to choose?

I adore them both. The archetypes are fun to ship, are quirky, and just have that thing about them that you want to bring them home and cuddle.
Oct 31, 2011 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
LOL I have no idea what those are and I don't want to know.
Nov 1, 2011 3:18 AM

Mar 2010
I easily choose Tsundere, but i second kuudere, just to bad it's not on the list
Nov 1, 2011 3:45 AM

Jul 2009
Yandere - atleast they have drive to get things done and don't wait upon others pick up on their thoughs and feelings.

Nov 1, 2011 3:51 AM
Mar 2011
Queen_Stars said:
Yandere - atleast they have drive to get things done and don't wait upon others pick up on their thoughs and feelings.

Tsuns lack drive asuka and akane
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 1, 2011 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
Akai-Ryuusei said:
Queen_Stars said:

I didn't mention any names and don't recognise those you have listed.
Nothing more then a general charater traits observation.

Nov 1, 2011 4:10 AM
Mar 2011
Queen_Stars said:
Akai-Ryuusei said:
Queen_Stars said:

I didn't mention any names and don't recognise those you have listed.
Nothing more then a general charater traits observation.

Askua = Eva
Akane = ranma
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 1, 2011 7:08 AM

Jul 2011
Yandere of course ^^
I love when girls snap (Maybe even too much.. but whatever) :D

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Nov 1, 2011 9:29 AM

Mar 2011
Tsundere, because even though she's a bitch at first she becomes nice and loving in the end. That means a possible relationship, eh? I'm for it!
Nov 1, 2011 9:49 AM

Mar 2011
Anime_Name said:
DrHouse said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Characters with properly thought out personalities rather than simply being tropes?
One character trait doesn't prevent a character from having a well thought out personality.

Plus every personality type gets categorized as a trope or cliche as soon as any person learns the name for it.

Fair enough, but more often than not nowadays tsundere's have no personality beyond being a tsundere. Oh there are exceptions, but in the majority of cases... nah. Besides, I always thought it was a lazy approach to designing new characters: Let's make her a tsundere! That's her traits put in place with one sentence, no, one word.
Nov 1, 2011 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
Tsunderes...but heck, haven't seen one that can actually go to the name. (IRL)
Nov 1, 2011 10:23 AM

Jun 2010
I prefer Tsundere of course :D Louise, Shana, Taiga, Kurisu, Sena, etc etc.
But I like Yandere too, it's just Gasai Yuuno is MindFucking me >.> Well she's hot so nvm. Kuudere isnt bad too :D
Nov 1, 2011 11:27 AM

Jul 2011
i second that... tsundere
Nov 1, 2011 11:52 AM

Sep 2010
InfiniteRyvius said:
Anime_Name said:
DrHouse said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Characters with properly thought out personalities rather than simply being tropes?
One character trait doesn't prevent a character from having a well thought out personality.

Plus every personality type gets categorized as a trope or cliche as soon as any person learns the name for it.

Fair enough, but more often than not nowadays tsundere's have no personality beyond being a tsundere. Oh there are exceptions, but in the majority of cases... nah. Besides, I always thought it was a lazy approach to designing new characters: Let's make her a tsundere! That's her traits put in place with one sentence, no, one word.

But being tsundere, yandere or whatever indicates at least two personalities traits and behavior.

This is an entertainment medium and not reality so not all characters will be flushed out or made into fully realized participants in the story. Is that lazy? No. Unless you make a story that will only have one character then the more characters you add the less time each character has to leave an impact on the reader/viewer. Assigning a personality type to a character isn't lazy design, it has to be done at some point when making a character for a story whether or not you personally like the resultant character is not a question of the writer's effort.

Nov 1, 2011 8:24 PM
Sep 2010
Yandere, its definitly less common, and is just awesome
Nov 1, 2011 8:25 PM

Dec 2010
On second thought id prefer Kuudere :)
Nov 1, 2011 8:28 PM

Oct 2011
YANDERES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

No seriously, if you dont vote for Yandere, Yuno will kill you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2011 8:44 PM

Mar 2011
DrHouse said:
Tsundere was a tired, overused cliche 10 years ago; I can count the number of Yandere main characters on one hand.

I'll go with the one that's still fresh.

Yes sir
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Nov 1, 2011 9:00 PM

Jan 2010
Yanderes are always fun. Tsunderes could be great characters or amazingly annoying characters. Or at least from what I've seen. I'll pick tsunderes since I'm slightly bias.
Nov 1, 2011 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
Yandere make for more entertaining (read: crazy) characters, so I'll pick Yandere. Tsundere are most definitely not all bad (Taiga), though I tend to find most of them annoying.
Nov 2, 2011 12:59 AM

Sep 2011
Nothing beats Shana, Taiga, Louise, and Nagi.
Nov 3, 2011 3:54 PM

Jun 2010
Yandere.
Tell the victims to kill eachother.
Nov 4, 2011 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
What's the difference between Kuudere and Tsundere? I searched wiki and the definition sounds really similar.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 4, 2011 10:51 PM

Dec 2010
tsubasalover said:
What's the difference between Kuudere and Tsundere? I searched wiki and the definition sounds the same.
Kuudere is a subtype of Tsundere but instead of expressing dislike or violence express indifference, ie, act coldly.
Nov 4, 2011 10:54 PM

Sep 2011
Tsundere, Some Yanderes scare the hell out of me.
Nov 4, 2011 10:55 PM

Nov 2007
notsureifsrs said:
Kuudere is a subtype of Tsundere but instead of expressing dislike or violence express indifference, ie, act coldly.
Somehow Kuudere sounds a lot better than Tsundere.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 4, 2011 11:00 PM

Jun 2011
Yandere, most definitely.
Nov 4, 2011 11:25 PM

Jul 2011
I much prefer a tsundere. I don't really like yanderes at all.
Nov 4, 2011 11:33 PM

Sep 2011
Yandere, tsuns are just bitchy. :/
[center]
Nov 4, 2011 11:45 PM

Sep 2011
OriginANIME said:
Nothing beats Shana, Taiga, Louise, and Nagi.

You're right, nothing beats Kugimiya Rie!
Nov 5, 2011 12:15 AM

Feb 2010
Most tsunderes are fking idiots.
Nov 5, 2011 9:04 AM
Aug 2011
Yandere because they are freaking awesome. Put a yandere in an anime and there is a lot of interest.
Tsundere on the other hand can be awesome, like Senjougahara for example, but for the most of the times they are fucking annoying
Nov 5, 2011 10:21 AM

Feb 2011
wew tsundere!
Sorry For my Bad English ^_^
Nov 5, 2011 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Tsundere.
Nov 5, 2011 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
I prefer tsundere types because they tend to be better characters in my opinion (Usually).

And for some reason, I'm classified as a yandere. 0_0 I don't know if that's good or bad...
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Nov 5, 2011 11:32 AM
Aug 2011
SoraLover1994 said:
I prefer tsundere types because they tend to be better characters in my opinion (Usually).

And for some reason, I'm classified as a yandere. 0_0 I don't know if that's good or bad...

Not the best thing (^_^)
Nov 5, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
...I don't know what to choose - yandare!
I like tsundure but it's overused these days. Nearly every season, there's always a tsundure character in a new anime.
Nov 5, 2011 12:04 PM

Nov 2008
If I only had the choice between the two, I'd go with Tsundere since then I'd be able to survive her most brutish off attacks
Nov 5, 2011 12:10 PM
Nov 2010
animelly said:
I like tsundure but it's overused these days. Nearly every season, there's always a tsundure character in a new anime.

That's not really a bad thing....for me at least. lol
Nov 5, 2011 12:14 PM

Nov 2008
Z-flame said:
animelly said:

That's not really a bad thing....for me at least. lol

Better then the moe bullshit they pull out at least uguu~
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blackmail netorare hentais are really dumb

Kingdom-ya - Apr 15

23 by FruitPunchBaka »»
1 minute ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - 4 hours ago

16 by Adnash »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 12 hours ago

30 by Zarutaku »»
21 minutes ago

» Are there any crossover episodes that are actually good?

Anjuro - 6 hours ago

12 by Zarutaku »»
26 minutes ago

» Do you keep up with Anime Original Films?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.