Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 25, 8:28 PM

Apr 2018
Anime original films often bring fresh stories, breathtaking animation, and imaginative worlds to the screen. Do you keep up with anime original films? If so, what are some of your recent favorites?
May 25, 8:34 PM

Feb 2020
Not really. I rarely watch anime original films.
May 25, 8:43 PM

Dec 2021
Can I be arsed to give enough of a shit to answer this one... nah. Take an answer from the same thing that you wrote your post with.

Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 25, 8:56 PM

May 2020
I barely even keep up with the movies that continue the story of a series. Honestly I just lowkey hate movies, it's a super restrictive format that does not work that well for a lot of stories. The best movies are conceived as movies from the start, when you start trying to cram a manga or a book into a movie it can get pretty ugly.
May 25, 9:02 PM

Feb 2016
My recently watched favorite is Horus: Prince of the Sun.
その目だれの目?
May 25, 9:03 PM
Aug 2018
I don't know. I don't actively keep up. I'll just watch whatever looks good and feels entertaining.
May 25, 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
If by "Keep up" you mean watch the ones I'm interested in like one or two years late after they get picked up on a local streaming service or put on Blu-ray here in the US, than yes. Assuming that even happens at all. If they're Ghibli though, those often get theatrical releases.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

May 26, 2:24 AM

Sep 2016
Yes, somewhat at least, my most recent favorite is https://myanimelist.net/anime/50183/Blue_Giant because of the great soundtrack.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 4:47 AM

May 2018
"Do you keep up with Anime Original Films?"

Are all of those suitable for me tho?
For example I hate melodrama...and most of those are melodrama (since it's easier to write and cheaper to animate). Also I skip on all the Shinkai shit.
May 26, 5:29 PM

Aug 2019
I don't actively keep up with anime original films, but when they come across my radar I do tend to look into them and will check some out.
May 26, 5:49 PM

Apr 2020
I rarely watch anime movies but I will watch some from time to time if I find something interesting.

Also recent movies I liked
https://myanimelist.net/anime/57478/Kuramerukagari?q=kura&cat=anime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/56553/Kurayukaba
May 26, 6:23 PM

May 2020
It's a little older at this point but Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms is brilliant.
May 26, 6:46 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I like original anime films, and am down to see pretty much any of them. I wouldn't say I really keep up with them though, which could be said about most films in general.
May 26, 8:08 PM

Oct 2023
It's too bad that this thread was created by Dragevard... I am reluctant to answer knowing that information...
I have recently started to really get into Anime Films... Most recently I have quite enjoyed "The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbyes", "Pompo the Cinephile", "A Silent Voice", and "Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish"...the last one in particular was especially good. I have so many more that I want to see, it's really quite a shame that they don't get more love.
Also...
May 27, 12:14 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to bucciest
I don't actively keep up with anime original films, but when they come across my radar I do tend to look into them and will check some out.
bucciest said:

Same here, even though I don't watch anime films often, but I'm willing to watch them if its good or enjoyable.
May 27, 12:43 PM
Apr 2024
I just realized I don't really keep track. It doesn’t matter to me. I just watch what I like.
May 27, 12:57 PM

Sep 2020
I don't actively "keep up" with anime original films, I'm a causal watcher. My most recent watched movie was Luo Xiao Hei Zhan Ji, but I don't know if that's an anime original. I would watch more, but I don't know where to find easy to digest info for anime original films, I just watch whatever looks interesting.
May 27, 2:05 PM

May 2014
I watch any that interest me. I'm not as into any of the big names as much as I used to be though. Mamoru Hosoda hasn't made anything I love for a long time and they keep getting worse and worse. Makoto Shinkai stuff is fine, but nothing amazing. I tend to be more into anime films attached to existing anime honestly.

More topics from this board

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Jun 15

39 by Sillz_22 »»
7 minutes ago

» How do you behave in front of a cute girl

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

49 by Ratris_Decision »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you tend to skip the first episode/first few episodes of long running shows?

TheBlockernator - Jun 15

37 by Ratris_Decision »»
10 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 11

68 by SaltyCookie »»
37 minutes ago

» Most Overrated Characters in the Top 50? ( 1 2 )

SamDaniel - Aug 3, 2021

51 by AwokenStroken »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.