Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 23, 2016 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
-I still think the premise is really interesting, but did the first five minutes of the episode really have to be a summary of the last episode
-The ice analogy was pretty deft, but the mechanism behind torches was pretty obvious already so it didn't need to be in there
-Yuuji's actually pretty dense, and I really hope Shana's the main and not him
-Yeah he's far too brooding and ponders a lot about things that are pretty obvious
-I actually did like the scene with Yuuji and the Hirai girl because she was actually the focus of a small portion of the previous episode, and seeing such a contrast in demeanor after being devoured is pretty unsettling.
-At least, until Yuuji brooded on it a bunch and made it lose its impact
-Yeah it's actually really annoying how much Yuuji keeps stating the obvious and taking away any kind of impact certain events could have
-I will say, his attempts to change fate are pretty characteristic of him
-Shana using him as bait was pretty nice considering everything that's happened thus far
-At least it seems Shana is unimpressed by his stubbornness, so maybe it was intended for Yuuji to be a total moron
-Man, the scene where Hirai got extinguished started off pretty nice but then Yuuji had to Yuuji it up

I think the thing that annoyed me the most about Yuuji was how they didn't strictly play him off for comedy. His boneheaded character archetype would probably be right at home in the right comedy anime, but it's not what I want to see in what seems to be an action-drama show like this one. I just hope Shana gets a ton more screentime because she actually seems like a levelheaded person Flame Haze so far, especially when she literally told Yuuji to stand still and lure the Rinne. Premise is still interesting, though, and if I ignore Yuuji's ramblings, Hirai's disappearance was pretty decent.
Oct 22, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2015
hm decent episode.

the OP and ED are rlly good i remember watching this years ago but i lost track. this is bringing me back
Apr 16, 2017 4:51 PM

Apr 2014
Is this supposed to be interesting, because it hasn't grabbed me at all...
Jun 2, 2017 1:07 PM

Nov 2016
Sad episode, the topic of this anime really gets me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2017 7:25 PM

Jan 2017
I feel kind of nostalgic, this is the first 'older' show (pre 2010s) I've been watching in a while.

While I've fallen for the epic premise of the show even upon reading the synopsis, I really liked the two MCs and their interactions. I got to this Anime via Zero no Tsukaima, where I really hated the first episodes due to the totally overdone master-slave relationship between the MCs. Here this is all the more subtle. And understandable. Shana's view of Yuuji is logical, and i don't think she'd treat him that badly if he was a human still. She seems to have forgotten about the value of individuals, which Yuuji reminds her of by naming her.
Apr 5, 2018 1:16 PM

May 2015
RIP Hirai, again! :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 27, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2015
Damn, that was incredibly boring
The only reason im watching this is cuz im looking for great tsundre like Taiga/Louis.
Well hope it gets better
Aug 5, 2020 2:29 AM
Oct 2019
Hell of an episode. Felt really bad for Hirai. Yuji trying so desperately to keep her memory alive only made it worse.

Shana is so blunt and pessimistic(?). I like how she repeats herself when she's annoyed and frustrated haha.
Feb 7, 2022 9:10 PM

Nov 2010
I want to become a torch. Rather than dying in a painful way someday, I'd rather just disappear.

I love how irritable Shana is.
Sep 22, 2022 11:21 PM

Feb 2019
i'm kinda getting frustrated with yuuji. i get it, he's having a hard time accepting that his original self no longer exists and he's in denial about him just fading away as if he was never even there, but will he ever wrap his head around the fact that he was on borrowed time now, per se? hopefully soon coz i understand shana's frustration about him constantly asking these questions and trying to keep those with waning flames from disappearing without a trace.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Yoshida

k4rlo - May 16

7 by k4rlo »»
May 20, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 5 Discussion

stephy_ccs - Jul 2, 2008

27 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 4 Discussion

Chilli-Kun - Mar 10, 2008

44 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 16 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 7, 2008

37 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - May 9, 2008

58 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 20, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.