Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 7:49 PM

Nov 2012
I had no intentions on watching this again until the very end. Dude's building was demolished. He had to be paying no attention to the signs.
Oct 5, 12:41 AM
Dec 2019
MegamiRem said:
Hana's cute and was fun to watch. The debt collectors were funny too. That's about it, for now. Not interested in fishing or don't really eat a lot of fish myself but been fishing before and can somewhat relate. I do wonder how him having only 2 years left to live will affect the story so we'll see.

you shoud try fishing man, its really fun, the way the anime described it is good but it doesnt make u feel the rush of adrenakine of actually catching a fish irl.
you dont need to eat the catch, i dont, you can just let them go
Oct 5, 1:52 AM

Oct 2017
Zg7 said:
you shoud try fishing man, its really fun, the way the anime described it is good but it doesnt make u feel the rush of adrenakine of actually catching a fish irl.
you dont need to eat the catch, i dont, you can just let them go
I literally said I've been to fishing before lol.
MegamiRem said:
but been fishing before and can somewhat relate.
Oct 5, 2:52 AM
Apr 2020
The poor guy is only lucky in fishing, lmao.
Oct 5, 3:53 AM
Aug 2024
Well. I never tried a fishing anime, nor had any idea it was a trope. Let's see how it goes.
Oct 5, 5:58 AM
May 2017
That ending is funny af looking forward for more of this thing.
Oct 5, 3:44 PM
Aug 2024
本当に好きです
Oct 5, 8:26 PM

May 2022
Chill, Sweet feeling, with some dark clouds type of pilot episode. I was initially drawn to the show by the interesting mash up of character art styles. I like the dark haired girl in particular, very pretty and reminds me of old school style anime. The story itself is straight forward so far, with the showrunners laying out just the necessary ground work for whats to come, and mainly focusing on character introductions.

I will certainly keep watching as It left me with a feeling of hope for the characters. And yeah NegaPosi Angler title definitely sums up the overall vibe of the pilot episode. Good stuff.

Edit: Oh and its an Original, that's pretty interesting. Now I'm wondering what sort of story they mean to tell.
LordKirkisOct 6, 2:48 AM
Oct 5, 10:01 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to XDmyst
i dont even watch this show, i read nega and came
@XDmyst Damn, I read that "nega" in Miko's (HoloLive) voice.... wwwwww
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 5, 10:35 PM

Jul 2023
Incredibly interesting concept with dealing with a limited life and a terminal illness and trying to find meaning in existence when up against your own mortality. Pair it with fishing and it may seem like an odd combo but I honestly enjoyed this one. I think it will be one of those existential shows where some things might hit some people harder than others especially those like myself who deal with depression so while it may(or may not be)a difficult watch depending on which way the story goes I so far am along for the ride.
Oct 5, 11:37 PM
Aug 2021
this show is animal crossing calmness + yuri camp bunch of people having fun.
it is about the vibe, which they did an amazing job.
sadly that the dude got two years. hope he lives longer after eating more fish, or the medical report was mistaken.
again, this season is incredibly packed. this show also got some phenomenal music work.
Oct 6, 12:21 AM
Jan 2021
Ooooh yeah great vibe, man
Oct 6, 2:48 AM
Oct 2022
Great 1st episode, I didn't expect this anime to hit me this harder. The cosy ost is hits right in the feels for me. I expect great things from this anime, Hope studio Nut doesn't dissapoint me.
Oct 7, 10:26 AM
Feb 2020
the animation and character designs are bad to the point that it makes me unable to enjoy the show so i will not be continuing watching this
Oct 7, 12:35 PM
Dec 2022
I might continue but i’m not sure. It’s very difficult to put a good opinion on it cuz the start of it was so depressing but then it ends in a chill vibe.
Oct 7, 9:11 PM

Dec 2019
Hell fucking yes! A fishing anime! As a kid, I used to like fishing tilapia, my dad has always been a huge fishing guy and won a lot of tournaments decades ago, and while I never quite got into fishing, I still do enjoy it whenever I get the chance to do it.

This anime has some really great visuals, unique character design, beautiful soundtrack, and it seems relaxing and enjoyable. It feels Yuru Camp-esque, so I'm digging it.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Oct 8, 1:04 AM

May 2009
Her hair looks like balloon at times
Oct 8, 11:35 AM

Jun 2019
Mostly liking it so far, but it's also definitely too early to really tell with this type of series.

I'm mainly left wondering how it will compare in the long run to other fishing-based series I've seen like Houkago Teibou Nisshi and Slow Loop. First main difference is that this is much more of a mixed-sex cast. Maybe less iyashikei and more comedic, with some mildly dark humor. Though Houkago Teibou Nisshi was also at least slightly comedic.

The character designs for whatever reason seem like something out of a shounen action series though.
WatchTillTandavaOct 8, 12:04 PM
Oct 9, 1:04 PM
Sep 2024
EveyScarlett said:
im not a creep but i want either no romantic relationship ever throughout the show or i want it to be the most heart wrecking bl which ml dies in the end.
thank you

this is actually so true
Oct 9, 8:14 PM

Jul 2024
Although the animation is sketchy, the premise and characters have me intrigued. Into the watchlist for the 3 eps test. I can already see the writing is going to make or break this pretty quickly.
Oct 10, 6:57 AM
Nov 2018
Show's unrealistic, after that first cast, he'd have a cobweb of line stuck in his reel. ;-; those type of reels are brutal if you don't stop the line. Can already tell I'm gonna enjoy this show.
Oct 10, 9:20 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty bad episode for a startup.

It tries to be comedy but the somber reality plus just plain bad comedic bits really makes this one a downer episode. Compare this one with the premiere episode of Kimi wa meido and it's night & day, that premiere was funny and enjoyable despite the somber past of the nameless maid. Some of the chase sequences in this show could had been easily more enjoyable with funny faces and good goofy chase music, better coloring would also had helped a lot.

I'll keep watching just because the rest of the cast (outside boring dead man walking mc) are at least more colorful.
Oct 13, 11:17 AM
Mar 2024
Excited to see where this goes tbh
Oct 14, 7:04 PM

Jan 2022
Promising first episode. Solid animation. The Doraemon-ish designs of some of the characters endears me.
Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Jul 2021
This show seems to be set in the same area as 3-gatsu no Lion.

During the loan shark chase scene, there's a similar cable-suspension bridge. The walkway and the fences along the river also look similar.

Chuo-Ohashi Bridge in Shinkawa area of Tokyo:

Once they come back to shore, Tsukuda area of Tokyo:

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NegaPosi Angler Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Oct 10

42 by LordKirkis »»
7 hours ago

» Hype?

Rexnihilo - Jul 30

17 by AMBITZZ »»
Oct 13, 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.