Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 24, 2:33 PM
Aug 2013
lol he randomly acquired a skill

I don't remember him struggling in the manga/LN
May 24, 2:51 PM
Oct 2011
This episode felt so weird to me, like it was out of place with the show or even... stupid? Not sure why, but it felt like everything was dumbed down just for the sake of there being "conflict" and yes, I get that they are "being played" and all that but it wasn't really set up well. The Rimuru vs Hinata fight was underwhelming and they didn't even bother to show the rest. I don't know if it was the same in the manga/LN or if something was changed but it just felt weird to watch. If I didn't know any better I'd think this was filler.
May 24, 2:52 PM
Mar 2024
artisticccccccc
May 24, 2:53 PM

Jun 2023
Misunderstandings are always the worst.

but ouch Hinata
May 24, 3:16 PM

Jul 2017
yeah im done, dropping this, horrible quality
just bad
i miss season 1 and s2p1
May 24, 3:19 PM
Jul 2014
After endless meetings, apparently nobody has the time to take a minute to confirm why the hell they're actually fighting?

Granted, they're getting played, but Hinata *knows* they're getting played and went ahead anyway? Supposedly she was there to stop her subordinates, but then just ... didn't?

Idkwtf is even going on with this season any more.
May 24, 3:46 PM
May 2021
Who is the girl that is in the crystal box with Luminous?
May 24, 4:14 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I've been waiting for this episode. Was really good, but I felt it was also a bit rushed.
May 24, 4:15 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Reply to Aizarlight
@Aizarlight major spoiler - if you want to know, then send me a private message
May 24, 4:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Feels kinda wild to finally see the actual fight between Hinata and Rimuru, something that was shown in the first season’s first OP and here it is almost 6 years later lol, I know she fought him before too but still. And the fight was cool, it certainly looked really good, but I was a bit disappointed with the way Rimuru won, being that he learned a broken skill mid battle and Hinata realized she was fucked, it’s a shame too because I was enjoying it. And Hinata’s final attack was quite flashy, I’m kinda happy the voice in Rimuru’s head probably made it sound worse to add some kind of tension there as well, because there has been none up until this. And damn, even after things were settled with no deaths Hinata sacrificed herself to save Rimuru, who I’m pretty sure would have lived that anyway lol, I hope this doesn’t do her in tho because I do really like her.

And Shion thoroughly finessed those two knights on her side of things, not surprising in the slightest but it was kinda amusing how she talked up her cooking and crushed their spirits with a smile on her face. And it looks like the other knights all lost their fights as well, I would have liked to see them but I’m sure it would have just been a beatdown anyway, but what I’m especially interested in is how the lady knight fell for Souei lol. And unfortunately the exciting stuff is already over, and from what I heard there are many meetings to come, I just hope it’s more interesting to watch because imo it was not worth the 6 episodes straight of sitting around a table to get here.
TheColonel76May 24, 5:00 PM
May 24, 5:07 PM

May 2015
This is so unbelievably bad.
May 24, 5:16 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Aizarlight
Aizarlight said:

She's season 4 content.
May 24, 5:31 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to peshala
Question - Does Rimuru still have Beelzebub or did he have to sacrifice it to survive? It wasn't quite clear to me.
peshala said:
Question - Does Rimuru still have Beelzebub or did he have to sacrifice it to survive? It wasn't quite clear to me.

To survive that attack Raphael sacrificed most of Rimuru's magicules and a ultimate skill. It was the only way.
But it's not over yet!
YaggamyMay 24, 6:01 PM
May 24, 5:43 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to elkensteyin
I've been waiting for this episode. Was really good, but I felt it was also a bit rushed.
@elkensteyin Agreed. I wish they condensed the first 6 episodes a bit, and leave more room for episodes like this, but I'm guessing they had budget constraints.

But wow, so much better than any of the first 6, that's for sure.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
May 24, 5:49 PM

Apr 2019
Welp, looks like it's the end for Hinata, rip, they never had an understanding till the end, the whole misunderstanding never got cleared up, she got attacked by her sword. Why did it even ended up with a cliffhanger, I wonder if Luminous will appear to clear everything up plus she can revive people from what I know.
May 24, 5:59 PM

Jul 2013
I wanna see Rimuru fight someone for real, I wanna see another war again like that one before he became a demon lord. Not this playing around with Hinata, these all feels like a joke.
May 24, 6:14 PM
Apr 2022
even though there were many chances of clearing up the misunderstanding and ending the fight, they just keep fighting and then Hinata got attacked by her sword. i guess that's what you get for being dumb, blindly following orders without knowing why they gotta fight
May 24, 7:16 PM
Feb 2021
why was rimuru struggling throughout the fight wasn't he suppose to be way stronger? Or is the spirit power his weakness since he's a slime?
May 24, 7:31 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to RealityChanges
why was rimuru struggling throughout the fight wasn't he suppose to be way stronger? Or is the spirit power his weakness since he's a slime?
RealityChanges said:

Rimuru is physically and talent wise weaker than Hinata and other sword users, like Hakuro for example.
Rimuru only wins fights thanks to Raphael and the bunch of kills he gets from her.
Raphael literally developed a new skills in the middle of a fight to counter Hinata's speed.
May 24, 8:15 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to PrimeX
I wanna see Rimuru fight someone for real, I wanna see another war again like that one before he became a demon lord. Not this playing around with Hinata, these all feels like a joke.
@PrimeX I mean... That's kinda the whole premise of the show. Even in previous battles he's never really struggled.
Marinate1016 said:
May 24, 8:19 PM
Apr 2024
Yikes, the show's score is about to go below 8...

I'm hoping it recovers from the damage caused by that tragic first 6 episodes, but it's looking like this will the first season of Tensura that drops below 8 (not counting the spinoff and movie). Guess that's what happens when the studio rides on the coattails of the fanbase.
Marinate1016 said:
May 24, 8:27 PM

Feb 2019
so reyheim was already dead when he met up with hinata and those seven morons manipulated rimuru's message to her? that's what i'm guessing. and although that hit hinata took was fatal, i have a feeling rimuru will do everything in his power to save her. i mean, he CAN heal her, right? gaaah! i guess i'll find out what happens next episode.
May 24, 8:28 PM
Aug 2019
What happened with Hinata’s final attack? Raphael suggested “sacrificing” Bezzebub and then didn’t explain herself after Hinata implied he could have dodged

Curious if Raphael is rebelling in some way
AI taking over even in fantasy? Haha
May 24, 8:37 PM
Jun 2007
Hmm all the hype to the best "fight".
Now he sacrifice his ultimate skill, will he gain new ultimate skill?
May 24, 8:43 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to stevejawbs
Yikes, the show's score is about to go below 8...

I'm hoping it recovers from the damage caused by that tragic first 6 episodes, but it's looking like this will the first season of Tensura that drops below 8 (not counting the spinoff and movie). Guess that's what happens when the studio rides on the coattails of the fanbase.
@stevejawbs it should have went below an 8 a long time ago. And a 7 score is too generous. It already collapsed on all polls. Easily the worst anime of the season. Just a bad fight scene in general. Worse than the botched konosuba castle raid. And that is what all you folks have been waiting for.
May 24, 8:46 PM

Mar 2013
Luminus just went from a lovely gothic girl into a perverted Yuri... 😑
Give me back my admiration!

P.S. And the score went from 8.40 to 8.02. Nice A.I. bots. Well played.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Hinata again.
Best waifu of the season.
CrazyButNot4UMay 24, 9:20 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 24, 9:38 PM

Sep 2007
Oh nooooessss I hope Hinata survives. Rimuru quick! Just dump some full cures on her before she bleeds out too much o____o

And swallow the sword maybe? wait...he just lost Beezelbub so he can't? R.I.P?
Darn cliffhangers....fffttttt....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 24, 9:54 PM

Aug 2019
rimurus buddies are so strong.
thats not the out come i was thinking of. i dont think hinata will die, itd be weird if she did. but maybe thats just what the 7 days people want

who is in the coffing? kinda looks like shizue
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 9:56 PM
Jul 2023
which chapters of the manga does this episode adapt?
May 24, 10:32 PM

Apr 2017
Here it comes the rematch between Hinata and rimuru, i hope they showing a little bit fight from other side besides shion and rimuru , seems like shouei add another harem to his list , the animation is not that good compared to prev season but still enjoyed it
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
May 24, 11:07 PM
Apr 2023
I thought the meetings are all done, but they actually did some type of meeting right there right?
May 24, 11:50 PM
Oct 2007
I think I kind of like the fight between Hinata and Rimuru because there just purely wasn't a lot of special effects.

But the recent 2 (and probably the next) episodes are not going to meet the expectation that came out of 5-6 episodes worth of buildup.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 12:09 AM

Feb 2016
S3 haters have been real quiet since last episode 😎

This was great, I think is the 1st time I found Shion to be an actually good character lol, and it's nice to see that Hinata can actually laugh and talk like a normal girl.

BUT YOOO, DID RIMURU REALLY SACRIFY BEELZEBUB? NO WAY, THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN HIS FAVORITE SKILL, EVER SINCE HE GOT IT AS GLUTONY, FUCK.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 25, 2:10 AM
Mar 2018
Nooo Hinataaaaaa 😭
I will be very sad if she died 😢
Did Raphael just trick Rimuru to give up his ultimate skill???!
By collecting evidence from previous seasons, the one in ice should be the hero locked Veldora
1. Luminous mentioned that Veldora was ruining her area
2. Veldora said he was sealed by the hero because destroying a country
3. We saw the hero in Shizu memories looks like that
May 25, 2:21 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
That is, all this time we were fed the verey boring business meetings precisely so that they accumulated strength for at least several episodes of good well animated action?

@YuriEmpress Is that the only thing that interests you about this show? Also, if it's that important to you, given that Rimuru initially looks like a deceased female character and created a harem out of it, the "yuri" was there from the beginning.
@RobertBobert Rimuru's soul is male, it's body is genderless, Rimuru just can't make male organ.(Probably because Raphael sensei)
May 25, 2:48 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to YuriEmpress
@RobertBobert Rimuru's soul is male, it's body is genderless, Rimuru just can't make male organ.(Probably because Raphael sensei)
@YuriEmpress He originally said that he deliberately chose a sexless body, but could still make genitals if he wanted. But the question is different, the appearance of his avatar is still female.
May 25, 4:47 AM
Mar 2020
An underwhelming follow-up to the original Rimuru-Hinata fight.
May 25, 6:08 AM
Jun 2020
Regulus corneas would make quick Work of that arrogant Woman bitchion
May 25, 7:53 AM

Jan 2019
What the hell was this fight? I thought there was more urgency years ago when I read the light novel. This reminded me of like a play fight skit from like rdc or something making fun of how people in anime talk. 8 episodes of yapping into that? The directing like totally ruining this anime this season...
May 25, 7:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its nice to see Hinata and Rimuru converse greatly using their sword. Shion as well showing such a great skill as a chef, making those hot-blooded dude took an L. Even everyone that took each of their opponent seems like having fun. But not with that end...

I feel like it can be avoided more smoothly since there's Raphael, Rimuru response kinda facepalm me. Tho to increase some tense, i guess its fine to make the end kinda dramatic like that. Even though its a 99,999% Hinata doing fine with those hole, its still interesting to know Luminous also coming as well. Can't wait to see the opening sequence of her and Veldora....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 25, 10:55 AM
Jul 2021
Sangat bagus, studio 8-bit berhasil menganimasikan bagian terpenting dari season ini.
May 25, 10:59 AM
Jul 2020
it was fine, it was just mostly fighting, not much story to it
May 25, 11:07 AM
Dec 2010
Rimuru is dumb now I guess.
May 25, 11:21 AM
May 2017
Everything went to pure guano, writing is beyond salvation, if any writer read this - you really though that anyone want to see this? Rimuru dumb as shit? MisUDNERstandinG lol
May 25, 11:28 AM
Mar 2024
This fight better than I thought.
May 25, 11:49 AM
Sep 2021
Muy buen episodio
May 25, 12:13 PM

May 2015
Makankosappo!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 25, 12:26 PM
Jun 2023
Yaggamy said:
RealityChanges said:

Rimuru is physically and talent wise weaker than Hinata and other sword users, like Hakuro for example.
Rimuru only wins fights thanks to Raphael and the bunch of kills he gets from her.
Raphael literally developed a new skills in the middle of a fight to counter Hinata's speed.

bro, hinata and rimurus first battle was almost draw ,,, and now rimuru got true demon lord title and many power ups yet he wasn't able to win with out ai ?? i don't understand,, he has mind acceleration ability,so he is not dumb ,,, why was he struggling with hinata??
May 25, 1:10 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to _otaku_man00
Yaggamy said:
RealityChanges said:

bro, hinata and rimurus first battle was almost draw ,,, and now rimuru got true demon lord title and many power ups yet he wasn't able to win with out ai ?? i don't understand,, he has mind acceleration ability,so he is not dumb ,,, why was he struggling with hinata??
_otaku_man00 said:

The first fight wasn't a draw. Hinata kills Rimuru in multiple timelines the first time they meet because she's much stronger at that point.
- Rimuru was isekai'd 3 years ago, has no talent for fighting, rarely trains, leaves everything to his A.I.. Rimuru has no idea what skills he even has at this point he's so reliant on Raphael.
- Hinata was isekai'd 10 years ago, she's a natural fighter and a real meathead, trained a ton to get to this level. She's one of the best swordsman.
- A lot of characters posses the Thought Acceleration skill, including Hinata.
- Rimuru is like Rudeus, a mage with a lot of mana and spells. Don't expect him to win a sword fight every time it happens.
- Rimuru could tank Hinata's final attack and survive, but Raphael has other plans that's why the skill sacrifice happened.
May 25, 1:15 PM
Jun 2023
Yaggamy said:
_otaku_man00 said:

The first fight wasn't a draw. Hinata kills Rimuru in multiple timelines the first time they meet because she's much stronger at that point.
- Rimuru was isekai'd 3 years ago, has no talent for fighting, rarely trains, leaves everything to his A.I.. Rimuru has no idea what skills he even has at this point he's so reliant on Raphael.
- Hinata was isekai'd 10 years ago, she's a natural fighter and a real meathead, trained a ton to get to this level. She's one of the best swordsman.
- A lot of characters posses the Thought Acceleration skill, including Hinata.
- Rimuru is like Rudeus, a mage with a lot of mana and spells. Don't expect him to win a sword fight every time it happens.
- Rimuru could tank Hinata's final attack and survive, but Raphael has other plans that's why the skill sacrifice happened.

what timeline are you talking about?? they only met 1 time and rimuru escaped, he didn't want to kill hinata meanwhile hinata went allout with some equipments ,,,

and 3years of Raphael >> 10 years of hinatas experience,, i think because Raphael is basically a ai with little bit of emotions ( I felt it) ,,
_otaku_man00May 25, 1:18 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

96 by Darkzepheran »»
8 minutes ago

» Is this show for kids?

ghier - 10 hours ago

7 by TenceI »»
2 hours ago

» Help me manga readers, I want to know about the tenma war arc.

Hickykissy - Sep 23

7 by SATAN19 »»
Yesterday, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6

77 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 23, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20

59 by yuyusalam »»
Sep 23, 8:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.