Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 17, 4:49 AM
May 2018
This show is underrated!! Great episode!
May 17, 5:21 AM

Feb 2021
He's fighting alone after all this time trying to make his leader come back again to his old self where do not pursue power.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 17, 5:51 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to YudiYusantoS
He's fighting alone after all this time trying to make his leader come back again to his old self where do not pursue power.
@YudiYusantoS

True but I really hope he wins because if not we get a weird power scale that makes no sense.
May 17, 5:56 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Vindicater
@YudiYusantoS

True but I really hope he wins because if not we get a weird power scale that makes no sense.
@Vindicater Agree with that XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 17, 7:37 AM

Jun 2020
so this guy acts heartless, spouts his boss's ideals with no hesitation, and we're now meant to see him as "not such a bad guy" because he hates bullying and he's only doing it for friendship?? going by the pacing in the flashback, it seemed like he barely even knew choji before things started to fall apart. and apparently that's enough for him to go as far as possible to maintain this flimsy relationship.

this show is fun when you turn your brain off, but everything shishitoren related has been cliche, if not outright stupid. yeah, the bofurin characters may also fall under this category, but their characterization at least makes sense all things considered.

i dont get how people are even praising this. it was the worst episode for me.
May 17, 7:50 AM
May 2024
the series is great i like it
May 17, 8:01 AM
May 2021
Reply to ApocalypSnow
For a bit, I thought, how embarrassing would it be if Sakura was the only one in Bofurin who lost his 1-on-1 XD
@ApocalypSnow its all for character development
May 17, 8:05 AM
May 2024
Every time I watch Sakura vs Togame, they remind me of Kaveh vs Alhaitham (same JPVA)
What a freaking coincidence! There are a number of Hoyoboys voicing Wind Breaker characters
May 17, 8:26 AM
Jan 2021
i underrated kame, he is cool and is just trying to make the team better
May 17, 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode! I love how cloverworks expanded on the backstory scenes to show how close the bond was between Choji and Togame. Togame didn't have any friends or people he was really close with before choji so he really cared about him and wanted choji to stay happy. So when choji went on the dark side, togame thought that if he took on the burden of doing the bad stuff, choji won't do the bad stuff like kicking people out the teams and would eventually return back to his sunny self. That wasn't the case obviously and I think he is realizing it here (hence "what am I trying to do?")

and also Togame is clearly stronger than Sakura, but mentally he's becoming indecisive which impacts his will to fight. From Choji not caring about the members being beaten throughout the fights and Togame learning that the members just picked on middle school kids which was far from his ideal of what the gang should be like... he's realizing that the current Shishitoren that he wanted to protect through becoming the "bad guy" wasn't the Shishitoren he had joined for at the start and this is not sustainable.

Can't wait for the next episode! OST and animation has been on point! And hoping that choji and umemiya would have a nice fight afterward
May 17, 9:04 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Treyv0n
I’m seeing so many complaining about the flashback while I’m over here invested asf in Togame and Choji’s little backstory that we got I mean we it’s cool to see how Choji and Togame were before and I’m really surprised that Togame isn’t the mean guy that he portrays himself out to be which was a nice reveal to me, he’s taking on all the mean work so Choji doesn’t have to do it🥺

The fight WAS AMAZINGGGGGG man so Togame is the type who tackles his enemies cool fighting style tbh but bro still has hands tho so he’s not just a one off fighter and Sakura was putting in WORKKKK bro had me having goosebumps when he was throwing hands and kicked Togame in the chin bros actually such a good fighter🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
@Treyv0n lol yeah so many complaints about the flashback here meanwhile I'm enjoying the fight and I'm invested into the backstory and I feel bad for Togame! Even though what he's been doing is still wrong, it was interesting to learn on what changed for him and hopefully he's realizing it in this fight and becomes a better person in the future!
May 17, 11:05 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
jeez I knew Choji was a freak lol. I hope the rest of the season won't be about these fights, would love to see it escalate into a mass brawl or something. I'm starting to get the feeling we won't see the bosses figh.
May 17, 11:38 AM
Jan 2021
I’ve read past this part already and I thought the anime could change my mind to continue, but I’ll be dropping here. Not interested in the characters or story unfortunately
May 17, 12:04 PM
Jan 2020
I hate unfinished chapters
May 17, 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
WTF, Chouji is just a dark WANNABE LUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 17, 1:11 PM

Dec 2017
The writing in this anime is so bad it's funny. A 14 year old wrote this crap?
May 17, 1:48 PM

Nov 2020
Pretty good episode but the backstory was embarrassing.
3/5
May 17, 3:52 PM
Mar 2019
I wonder if the beatdown is over. Sakura appears to be quite good, and yet, I don't see all the power in Tagome just yet. Will he even use it in this fight?
May 17, 5:01 PM

Feb 2018
mfs when they can't use their few brain cells to understand why the backstory is perfectly fine and realistic
May 17, 6:04 PM
Oct 2019
This fight was really cool, I liked that they improved the manga well too, I liked it
May 17, 6:27 PM

May 2021
Reply to YagamiLight_1212
MeanEYE said:
@YagamiLight_1212 with this tempo? Into remaining 5 episodes.

I’m enjoying the show from the looks of it you are as well rating it an 8. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Why pick me out everyone else on this post and harass me? If you aren’t enjoying it as much as your profile suggests and you are only hate watching then drop it and move on.
@YagamiLight_1212 you got me wrong. Am not trying to harass you. Am just ranting like a grumpy old man. Didn't like the structure of this episode.
May 17, 6:36 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
MeanEYE said:
@YagamiLight_1212 you got me wrong. Am not trying to harass you. Am just ranting like a grumpy old man. Didn't like the structure of this episode.

Fair enough. We just have had a rough run of delinquent shows here so this is a breath of fresh air this season especially after the garbage Bucchigiri last season.
May 17, 6:45 PM
May 2017
the fights are getting better, the backstories are still corny though. So let me get this right, bro is "pretending" to be the bad guy so his sun, Chouji, can shine? What nonsense, anyone with a functioning brain can tell that dude is missing a few screws. He should have just let his bro take the heat (and the jerseys), nothing would change. Their gang would be the same piece of shii it is right now. And what gives, why did bro suddenly lose his will to fight? Is he tired of being a meanie hahaha
May 17, 6:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well there must be a backstory to backup the Aizen guy doing. Shitshitoren clearly have a mess from the inside; it's not a solid gang, with such a child leader, might've make them merge with Furin and everything will get solved. Then what about with the bad guys, especially with the childy boy? Idk how Gojo cast him out, perhaps using his charisma, or fear to chase him away, banish him into the neverland. Tho its not how bofurin works out and i am pretty sure this will end up good for both party.

Alright episode. Backstory seems way too forced, disturbing the flow of the superb fight scenes, and doesn't make any sense considering the circumstances on the fight. The quiet viceman really try himself be good and out of the mess without scratch. Tho this is anime after all, appreciate the storytelling so far, so i am just going to keep the chill and continue till the end....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 17, 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think I ever picked up awful vibes from Togame and this episode just solidified it. At this point I'm going to assume Bofurin and Shishitoren will have to come together for whichever school shows up as the bigger villain in the end.
May 18, 1:06 AM

Oct 2020
Choji is an evil leader to anyone what is "weak" in his eyes.
May 18, 2:04 AM
Jul 2020
i like how kame is just misunderstood and he just did it all for choji
May 18, 2:30 AM

Jan 2017
Even with Togame's first appearance, I already feel something awesome and deep about him and I'm glad I wasn't wrong about that. This episode made me like his character more (apart from his voice which were also Noah's and Shirosaki's kyaahhhl) especially that moment when he was about to step on Sakura's face but he didn't. That just only means he was totally different from the rest of the Shishitoren members who beat people that were already down and now we all know that he only acts like that because of their leader. To clean the dirt and get all the mud for the sun to continue shining, what a noble role. I'm happy that one episode wasn't enough to cover this fight; I wanna delve more into the backstory of this character tbh. And I also enjoy Sakura's face getting beaten up once in a while. Not because I don't like him, in fact I super duper do, and the more reason I wanna see him covered in blood and struggling. I'm pretty psychotic I guess hahahaha
Can't wait for the next episode! 🔥
May 18, 2:34 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to Neneaux
I don't think I ever picked up awful vibes from Togame and this episode just solidified it. At this point I'm going to assume Bofurin and Shishitoren will have to come together for whichever school shows up as the bigger villain in the end.
@Neneaux Ohh that would be awesome! Crossing my fingers for that to happen haha 🤯🔥
May 18, 2:34 AM
Sep 2021
Sakura vs Togame is getting fiercer, the tables turn every moment. Excited to find out who will be the winner.
May 18, 2:51 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to Treyv0n
I’m seeing so many complaining about the flashback while I’m over here invested asf in Togame and Choji’s little backstory that we got I mean we it’s cool to see how Choji and Togame were before and I’m really surprised that Togame isn’t the mean guy that he portrays himself out to be which was a nice reveal to me, he’s taking on all the mean work so Choji doesn’t have to do it🥺

The fight WAS AMAZINGGGGGG man so Togame is the type who tackles his enemies cool fighting style tbh but bro still has hands tho so he’s not just a one off fighter and Sakura was putting in WORKKKK bro had me having goosebumps when he was throwing hands and kicked Togame in the chin bros actually such a good fighter🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
@Treyv0n @SkyFullOfStars
I agree with you! This episode was amazing and I'm actually glad that Sakura and Togame's fight didn't cover just one episode only. 'Cause I wanna know more! That backstory was needed for us viewers to understand why Shishitoren came to be this kind of "bully" group, and I don't understand why people were complaining about it. I guess some don't truly understand the depth of relationships (or friendship) for that matter seeing how oblivious they were of Togame's decision to get his hands dirty instead of Choji, their leader (the sun). I was actually happy that Togame's opponent was Sakura as he's already making him question about his deeds. For me, this was the best fight of the series so far! 🔥
May 18, 9:19 AM
Mar 2015
We get tp see another side to Sakura's opponent
May 18, 4:33 PM
Jan 2023
Yeah I was expecting Sakura to lose his match, I like the sunglasses dude's backstory tho
May 18, 7:47 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, I was wondering when Sakura was going to lose although she hasn't lost yet but the fight is somewhat unbalanced so it is a possibility.
The story of Choji and Kama is interesting, how some people when they achieve what they want feel empty or unhappy and how others try to keep everything the same.
I want to see how the fight ends but we have to wait
May 18, 10:18 PM
Sep 2017
Yeah that backstory was unnecessary and just plain dumb.
Good fight thought, but backstory was just not a great idea, atleast do it at the end of the fight, not in the middle
May 19, 4:23 AM
Jul 2017
At this point it seems the rest of the season will just be the same competition with fillers
May 19, 8:51 AM

Dec 2020
Damn Togame is a well built character but Choji and shishtoren's backstory is bullshit. Choji's nothing but a immature teenager sigh. Togame has many scopes for character development, hope it happens.
The fights are turning out to be decent. The punches and kicks are so well reserved. So first phase of Sakura vs Togame is finished

Time for second phase
GeoXsf9May 19, 8:54 AM
May 19, 9:05 AM
May 2022
This episode solos all of Tokyo Revengers.
May 19, 9:06 AM
May 2022
MegamiRem said:
That was like the dumbest backstory I've seen in a while. Anyway action was good but idk if I was too hyped or what, it didn't live upto my expectations. Their fight was just mainly build up for the leader fight, specially after that backstory. Umemiya's gonna defeat Chouji and bring him back to normal is what this is leading upto. Sakura got the short end of the stick this time.

Holy shit your take is awful 😭
May 19, 9:22 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to NoUsername09
MegamiRem said:
That was like the dumbest backstory I've seen in a while. Anyway action was good but idk if I was too hyped or what, it didn't live upto my expectations. Their fight was just mainly build up for the leader fight, specially after that backstory. Umemiya's gonna defeat Chouji and bring him back to normal is what this is leading upto. Sakura got the short end of the stick this time.

@NoUsername09
NoUsername09 said:
Saying "Holy shit your take is awful cry emoji" doesn't mean anything. Explain as to what reasoning you have and refute what I said with logic.
May 19, 9:26 AM
May 2022
MegamiRem said:
@NoUsername09
NoUsername09 said:
Saying "Holy shit your take is awful cry emoji" doesn't mean anything. Explain as to what reasoning you have and refute what I said with logic.

Everything about your comment/take is awful, and i’m not the only one that’s saying that. I also don’t have time to chitchat with an idiot who has expectations higher than the moon for a delinquent anime.
May 19, 1:49 PM
Oct 2019
Ending the episode mid fight was not necessary, but overall great episode
May 19, 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Excellent episode. I'm enjoying the show exponentially more with each ep. I'm all in for delinquent melodrama, and the surprises of the Vice Commander's characterization worked so well for me. GREAT fight scenes and the show doesn't skip out on the feels or character chemistry.

It's hard not to make TR comparisons. Controversial opinion, but I still think TR ultimately has the better constructed story, overall a more interesting and thrilling progression of events. The problem is that the TR anime adaptation has handled it in a super clunky and unappealing way, with mostly mediocre pacing and animation, and it alienates more people than it should have. Wind Breaker is proof that a sleeker adaptation increases likeability and audience interest retention. It feels satisfying to watch.
May 19, 8:07 PM
Jan 2017
So Togame doesn't actually like picking on the weak, respect! And Wind Breaker's fighting choreography is always amazing.

But Togame's backstory confuses me. Choji recognized Togame's strength when he beats members of Shishitoren by himself, leading him asking Togame to join Shishitoren, Togame's confused but goes along with it. Then we get a slideshow of them hanging out and taking down Zinc together. Togame saw Choji kicking and "skinning" the guy who got defeated by "Zinc", he's shocked and questions Choji while telling him that wouldn't make the members stronger but then accepts it so that Choji could continue smiling.

Could someone explain?
I don't understand why Togame is yielding his feelings/beliefs for Choji's smile. Sure, they bonded but the slideshow didn't really provide much details.
May 20, 4:21 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to NoUsername09
MegamiRem said:
@NoUsername09
NoUsername09 said:

Everything about your comment/take is awful, and i’m not the only one that’s saying that. I also don’t have time to chitchat with an idiot who has expectations higher than the moon for a delinquent anime.
@NoUsername09 Grow up and learn to argue properly with facts instead of throwing around insults like a kid the minute you have nothing to say to defend your comment. Also stop wasting other peoples time if you don't have anything meaningful to say.
May 20, 4:26 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to NoUsername09
MegamiRem said:
@NoUsername09
NoUsername09 said:

NoUsername09 said:
Also when tf did I ever say anything about having high expectations for this anime lmao. Learn to read properly too while at it ig. I specifically said I was hyped for the fight and it didn't live upto my expectations.
May 20, 4:27 AM
May 2022
MegamiRem said:
@NoUsername09 Grow up and learn to argue properly with facts instead of throwing around insults like a kid the minute you have nothing to say to defend your comment. Also stop wasting other peoples time if you don't have anything meaningful to say.

“Grow up and learn to argue properly” 😂

There’s no way you think arguing is a part of growing up. So being called an idiot is that much of an insult to you? Sorry for making you so butthurt 😂

How about calling you a sensitive little princess? Is that also too much of an insult to you? You’re the one that needs to grow up. Atleast reply to me like a grown up with valid points if you’re going to talk about “growing up”.
May 20, 4:29 AM
May 2022
MegamiRem said:
NoUsername09 said:
Also when tf did I ever say anything about having high expectations for this anime lmao. Learn to read properly too while at it ig. I specifically said I was hyped for the fight and it didn't live upto my expectations.

You literally did? That episode gave you a backstory + a good ass fight and you’re over here saying that it didn’t live up to your expectations. That little contradicted your statement.
May 21, 12:28 PM
Patron

May 2014
And thats why Choji wants to be king of the pirates, to have the most freedom of them all :D
May 22, 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, it's Haruka's time to shine as he faces Shishitoren's vice-captain Kame Togame.

Violence fights of conversation happens between everyone, and this is much more important for Togame to keep that Shishitoren promise as a symbol of power. At first, it seems that Togame completely overpowers Haruka, but the latter has persistence to account for his fighting stance, moreover from his past that makes him much stronger than he seem to be. Likewise, with Togame, he is the personification of power, and he doesn't hesitate to necessitate his own sense of justice with fellow students going over to Bofurin's turf and then beating the crap out of them.

Togame, at first having dealt with fellow Shishitoren members, meets Choji (who was then a newbie) to join the gang as well, and both have been comrades ever since, like friends who are just as devoted to their school's creed. Other than the fact that Choji was (and still is) Shishitoren's Shining Sun that allows Togame to believe that the gang will evolve into a better state, things took a rather dark turn when he became leader, and the posession of power became the current creed that Shishitoren rests to this day, forcing Togame to follow in the footsteps of his close friend, beigning him as the sun, and Togame willing to take the blame instead.

What exactly does Togame want to achieve, not as a Shishitoren, but his own soul?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

65 by davidyodo24 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6

71 by Gosuko »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30

134 by HailBritannia_ »»
Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

81 by BlueSnow93 »»
Yesterday, 10:03 AM

» Low Carb?

ST63LTH - Jun 14

7 by carlawesomedude »»
Jun 15, 5:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.