Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 8:08 AM

May 2009
When racing is boring in first episode it can only get worse.
Apr 12, 12:41 PM
Feb 2023
They somehow managed to make racing not only boring to watch, but also infuriantingly slow. "500km/h" my ass, these dumb racers go slower than Mahaveer.
Apr 13, 9:35 AM
Sep 2012
This is supposed to be a recing anime, but nothing realy gives any emotions or feelings of speed, competition and completely lacks any sense.
Apr 13, 10:14 AM
Sep 2021
It's been a while since I fell asleep during the first episode of a series.
Apr 13, 11:28 PM
Mar 2024
The animation is stiff and there are no exciting scenes such as accidents, cars bouncing or hitting each other
Apr 16, 10:18 PM

Dec 2019
That is some REALLY bad animation, looks like the cutscenes for some PS Vita game from 2013 or something. All the girls have far too much breasts for no reason too, it's kinda clear that it's just fan service for virgins. This whole episode was just watching some cars driving on top of some really uninspired commentary, hopefully the rest of this anime isn't just the same thing over and over again.

At least the soundtrack is decent-ish.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 17, 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
Eh....

It's ok I guess.

It's fun for people that are already into racing.

But it's so-so for people that's just watching anime regularly.

Personally I am not really getting much vibe from this series, for various reasons, one of them is the "setting and rules" they're constantly talking from race commenters doesn't always line up to what the actual action is happening.

Might put into the "to watch later" section, lol (if episode 2 isn't making me interested)

BTW...

"The AI will judge and adjust the distance between racers to keep it safe"

But.. the cars still pass by each other within like 1~2 foot of distance from each other, LOL

And what if you're behind someone... will the AI makes it so you can't speed up to right behind the others to try and get "Drafting"

Except... they're literally showing them doing all of that... (including tire bumps) thus making the "AI" redundant... AI's not really forcing the cars to be at a distance from each other huh...

If you're going to add in a weird AI safety... should actually go with it... and not just make a comment on it and it doesn't do anything, LOL.

Which is even more funny, that they're trying to slightly go with "Real Life" racing rules with "extra boosts" (similar to "Extreme Heart" anime)

But they're also trying to make it so there aren't many "accidents" cause one of the setting for this series is... "Safe racing".

Which more than 50% of people that watch racing... WANTS... they want to watch accidents, cause it's "exciting" (since majority of humans by nature are closet Sadists)
amlgApr 17, 8:59 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 18, 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Not bad but as I'm busy currently don't have the time to spare. Maybe will pick up later.
Apr 21, 10:57 AM
Mar 2023
Horrible animation
Apr 28, 8:41 PM

Dec 2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Apr 29, 7:32 AM
Dec 2013
Another CGI abomination. Disappointed this isn't in 2D.
May 5, 10:45 AM
Feb 2021
Honestly, a very average episode of racing, I’m not coming in with the expectation of a really good story like Overtake did, because that was told pretty well. This however, is very interesting. Given the fact that this kind of racing is more future-realistic with super speed and powered AI, was dope, but why though?If anything this episode was an unnecessary filler that was just racing (again I figured that would be the case anyways) but hopefully the story will develop itself, till then let’s see where it goes now.
May 20, 12:09 AM
Apr 2012
Damn they went through the effort of designing these beautiful cars and then put them in a trash anime
May 23, 4:43 AM

Jul 2021
it would have worked better if this was an hentai or at least some ecchi. only though could save it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 5, 4:47 PM
May 2024
Not sure why the rating is so poor given this start, but I can see people being put off by the CGI and the ads. I'm not super knowledgeable about racing so maybe that could also be a reason?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Should this get a videogame?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - Jun 21

5 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 PM

» Is it that bad?

Spunkert - May 10

15 by PeripheralVision »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 2 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Apr 12

32 by Trades46 »»
Yesterday, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 21

12 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 11 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 14

11 by RankoKanzakii »»
Jun 21, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.