Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 10, 11:28 AM
Jun 2021
_HAKARI_ said:
I dont think so, i watched season 2 twice and i didnt got bored even single minute why are people saying this? Why people hate like this when a new anime is growing πŸ’—πŸ˜­? Weebs are really annoying they dont like change and expect every anime to be like their favs πŸ’€πŸ₯±

I think after season 2 the story will pick up and be more interesting. Cause season 2 ends with quite a cliffhanger. I do think season 1 abd 2 were carried by the fights and fun characters though
Mar 10, 12:13 PM
Jun 2023
Because season 1 set wrong expectations. It looked like there was focus on story and character development. And season 2 just turned into collection of cool fights. Though Hidden inventory arc was well written, it was just a prequel to what we already know.
Mar 10, 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to aloop86
jjk is one of my favorite animes, but you cant deny that without mappa's stellar animation it wouldnt even be top 5 newgen anime, its heavily carried by well animated fights, the story isnt bad but it doesnt expand too much on it, the characters dont have much development etc, again the story isnt bad but nobody watches jjk for the story lets be honest
@aloop86 You might be the most honest JJK fans in the entire world. Other JJK fans either delude themselves into thinking JJK is more than what it is or they genuinely believe that and have seen only a dozen anime. Nobody watched Shibuya arc for the story, anyone that tells themselves that is straight up lying to themselves.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 10, 1:25 PM
May 2023
_HAKARI_ said:
I dont think so, i watched season 2 twice and i didnt got bored even single minute why are people saying this? Why people hate like this when a new anime is growing πŸ’—πŸ˜­? Weebs are really annoying they dont like change and expect every anime to be like their favs πŸ’€πŸ₯±

yup , jjk does not have a storyline . On the contrary it has really amazing action and fights and hype characters . Don't think that your favourite anime is the best at all things . { I was literally like this after watching aot for 1st time preaching why it was the best at all aspects . then after watching more animes I realised that I was wrong } .

if you don't get bored with a show doesn't mean it has a great story . if you still wanna argue , then pls tell me the story of Shibuya arc . it was just fights after fights after fights . it was hype but it's not what a good story is
IRBIS1857Mar 10, 1:36 PM
Mar 10, 1:34 PM
Jul 2022
_HAKARI_ said:

Bro, JJK 2 literally doesn’t have any story. Just because you didn’t get bored doesn’t mean it has any story to it. I’m sure as you watch more anime you’ll understand that not everything is about action and nice colors.
Mar 10, 4:06 PM
Nov 2020
Who cares? If you enjoy the anime go ahead be proud of it and watch it but if u dont enjoy it just simply ignore it...
Mar 10, 4:41 PM
Aug 2022
Phantom_373 said:
_HAKARI_ said:
I dont think so i watched season 2 twice and i didnt got bored even single minute why are people saying this? Why people hate like this when a new anime is growing πŸ’—πŸ˜­? Weebs are really annoying they dont like change and expect every anime to be like their favs πŸ’€πŸ₯±

Everyone can have preferences like maybe the story isn’t for you but you can’t just say jjk has a weak story.

Jjk has a great story and is very in depth. People who say it doesn’t are just wrong

What is deep about that story? It’s a very simple story with great fight and that’s it.
Mar 10, 5:00 PM
Aug 2022
Fenrir_01 said:
Phantom_373 said:

Everyone can have preferences like maybe the story isn’t for you but you can’t just say jjk has a weak story.

Jjk has a great story and is very in depth. People who say it doesn’t are just wrong

What is deep about that story? It’s a very simple story with great fight and that’s it.

I’m sure someone else could give a better explanation as I suck at explaining stuff.

But jjk has great storytelling,

it’s got good world building which makes good use of its concept (curses, Jujutsu sorcery, cursed energy) to build up a world and expands on that through different eras and different clans and characters.

It started as a fairly simple story, the mc goes and gets all the fingers and then eats them and dies. But from different plots along the way aka: (Stuff with Megumi and Sukuna, Mahito and Yuji’s dynamic, the star plasma vessel, the storyline with Kenjaku and more)

and the world being build up alongside those plots it gradually became more diverse and unique.

also the fact that the author doesn’t rely on plot armour for every fight is also one really good point
(I know that has nothing to do with storytelling but still I like that a lot)
Mar 10, 5:19 PM
Aug 2022
Phantom_373 said:
Fenrir_01 said:

I’m sure someone else could give a better explanation as I suck at explaining stuff.

it’s got good world building which makes good use of its concept (curses, Jujutsu sorcery, cursed energy) to build up a world and expands on that through different eras and different clans and characters.

It started as a fairly simple story, the mc goes and gets all the fingers and then eats them and dies. But from different plots along the way aka: (Stuff with Megumi and Sukuna, Mahito and Yuji’s dynamic, the star plasma vessel, the storyline with Kenjaku and more)

and the world being build up alongside those plots it gradually became more diverse and unique.

also the fact that the author doesn’t rely on plot armour for every fight is also one really good point

At the end it’s just seems like good guys fighting bad guys and that’s pretty much it. Even tho I like jjk, I watched it for the same reason as demon slayer: amazing fight scene, insane animation and cool characters. Also having no plot armour is great if you know at least how to kill you characters which Gege doesn’t, He kills to surprise us, not to tell a good story or end a character well He does it in the hope it surprises us. When I see how he addled Nobara death scene by putting a flashback explaining her goals before she dies, it feels cheap more than anything.
Mar 10, 5:22 PM

Aug 2020
Brother, talk to us about the story then and what makes it good. And please dont tell me "the fights" πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
Keep scrolling
Mar 10, 5:27 PM
Aug 2022
Fenrir_01 said:
Phantom_373 said:

At the end it’s just seems like good guys fighting bad guys and that’s pretty much it. Even tho I like jjk, I watched it for the same reason as demon slayer: amazing fight scene, insane animation and cool characters. Also having no plot armour is great if you know at least how to kill you characters which Gege doesn’t, He kills to surprise us, not to tell a good story or end a character well He does it in the hope it surprises us. When I see how he addled Nobara death scene by putting a flashback explaining her goals before she dies, it feels cheap more than anything.

I mean most shows are just good guys fighting bad, what makes them all different is how they handle the world around that and I think jjk does it very well.

Even though I love demon slayer 1000x more than jjk I acknowledge that jjk has far better world building and storytelling than demon slayer.

I think with the killing off characters super suddenly is fine and putting in a backstory can be fine too. But I think if they overdo it and just slap backstory’s to every surprise death than it feels really old.

Like I really liked how Nanami died cause they didn’t just slap a backstory in or anything. They gave him one final big moment to shine and it was pretty good imo.
Mar 10, 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
Because it does, Gege is a talentless hack whose storyline is carried by competent animators, producers and the rest of the staff. jjk was irrelevant before it was picked up by a multi million dollar production studio.
Mar 10, 6:36 PM
Jul 2020
ANR23 said:
It’s not that JJK has a bad story. It has a pretty good story. But it’s not its strongest point. It’s a battle shounen, driven by sakuga and 14 year old fanboys and girls.

The problem is the fan base that makes it like it’s the best thing that ever happens humanity and it’s extremely annoying. It wasn’t even the best anime last year.

And in all honesty it’s no match to all time classics like HxH, Naruto, AOT etc. but these new gen fans don’t really understand that.

These days the focus of anime’s has totally shifted from plot driven and character driven stories and only mediocre, repetitive shit is produced. In such a pool of uninspiring anime, slightly better shows seem too good, greatly inflating than what they actually are.

And of course extreme hype is always a deterrent. The extreme hype for this season really dulled the experience.

And the recent shit show of awards given out by crunchy roll just aggravated this sentiment.

JJK is good, no doubt. But not yet a world beater or all time great. Not yet. Maybe it will become but it’s no way close. And when new anime fans or people who just get hyped by brainless action and don’t understand importance of plots, characters and writings put it on a pedestal without any thoughts on the aforementioned topics or genuine low key good shows, it just angers people who genuinely hunt for and watch good shows.

Shows like Summer Time Rendering, Heavenly Deluisons which are far superior to JJK, on AOT levels of story telling and suspense never get any recognition because of the hype train of shows like JJK or CSM or even when train wrecks like SAO are more popular than true masterpieces like Mushoku Tensei, it’s just goes to show how shallow the new pool of anime watchers are.

This is so true. some really good shows need more attention, and shows like these need to take a backseat. when someone tells me demon slayer is their favourite anime I legit roll my eyes. jjk is more interesting in that regard, but not even remotely close to the masterpieces of storytelling, character work and world building found in things like mushoku tensei and most importantly AOT, the best show of all time 😌. Even like you said, heavenly delusions is such an obscure show that I feel like deserves much more hype and attention than these same old flashy shounens we're getting. again, jjk is good to very good at times, but people saying it and demon slayer are their favourite shows are the same people to call AOT mid. and that frustrates me to my core πŸ˜‚
Mar 10, 6:59 PM

Dec 2020
Because it really doesn’t.
The first part showing Gojo’s and Getos’s backstory was great. But after that it’s just nonstop fighting for like 18 episode straight. So boring.
Mar 10, 8:44 PM
Oct 2023
Probably Because Gojo Has A major Impact On The Story And People Want Gojo Back
Mar 10, 10:42 PM
Mar 2024
The characters and story are not allowed to breathe in this anime. There is virtually zero build up. Characters who have potential are killed off, and fights are dragged out yet don’t really serve the plot. The most story we got from season 2 was the hidden inventory arc. Toji was the main reason I kept on watching. And things were getting interesting when he reunited with his son but the intrigue was killed off when Toji decided to kill himself. It’s all action and little substance. The show has potential but it kills its own buildup. It’s so fun to watch but it’s lacking so much at the same time.
Mar 10, 10:43 PM
Aug 2021
AwokenStroken said:
Because it does, Gege is a talentless hack whose storyline is carried by competent animators, producers and the rest of the staff. jjk was irrelevant before it was picked up by a multi million dollar production studio.

It was famous in Japan even before It was picked by Mappa, only because you didnt know It doesnt mean that It was unknown.
Mar 10, 11:15 PM
Oct 2023
people can't stand sukuna power anymore even with him being mentioned as invencible since the start of the manga
Mar 10, 11:37 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to SuntProstMare
AwokenStroken said:

It was famous in Japan even before It was picked by Mappa, only because you didnt know It doesnt mean that It was unknown.
@SuntProstMare It was only known about in japan and like nerd groups online, and it wasn't even that popular.
Mar 10, 11:41 PM
Aug 2021
AwokenStroken said:
@SuntProstMare It was only known about in japan and like nerd groups online, and it wasn't even that popular.

tf you are talking about, only in the west It wasnt popular, but in Japan It was a good shounen before the anime, not only by "nerdy groups" you ignorantπŸ˜‚

edit: and It only matter in Japan, so you contradicted yourself
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to SuntProstMare
AwokenStroken said:

tf you are talking about, only in the west It wasnt popular, but in Japan It was a good shounen before the anime, not only by "nerdy groups" you ignorantπŸ˜‚

edit: and It only matter in Japan, so you contradicted yourself
@SuntProstMare It still wasn't that popular though. it was mostly irrelevant until mappa picked it like i said. being unpopular doesn't even mean its necessarily bad, just carriedπŸ˜‚.
Mar 11, 1:25 AM
Jun 2021
they cannot read lol
Mar 11, 8:48 AM
Feb 2024
A lot of season 2 was just fight scenes and even though those fight scenes were riddled with plot some people prefer scenes without fighting to really focus on the story.
Mar 11, 11:05 PM
Jun 2021
well let's put it this way would you watch this if it was made by some other studio like studio passione I guess the answer will be no for a vast number of watchers, jjk is just an atomic bomb of animation i agree with that it's have jaw dropping animation, good choreography, good fights, but that's it. it doesn't have much to offers
Mar 12, 1:09 AM
Apr 2023
Its because they dont understand jjk
Mar 12, 2:06 AM

May 2021
My hypothesis is that they either can't read, didn't pay attention while watching, or just have a memory of a fish so they forgot everything after watching.
Mar 12, 4:14 AM
Sep 2023
yeah because it doesn't have good story tbh, animation is top tier, but the story isn't THAT good, just stupid fking teenager doing sh!t they weren't suppose to do, basically shonen
Mar 12, 4:18 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Dabidoo_Gabagoo
Its because they dont understand jjk
@Dabidoo_Gabagoo sounds like something a 14 y/o would say
Mar 12, 4:27 AM
Apr 2023
@NotMuchofAFan2 that kind of generalization is something a 14 yr old would say 🀑. I aint here to fight with anyone, everyone has their opinions, i am just giving mine
Mar 12, 6:52 AM
Dec 2023
Yeetyus said:
Because it has no story. It’s just pure action.

says someone who can't even understand the manga after Shibuya arc
Mar 12, 9:41 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Yeetyus
Because it has no story. It’s just pure action.
@Yeetyus xddddd bro for there to be action there has to be a reason, and therefore consequences and development for the characters, it is the climax of the story, saying that it has no story, is having little intelligence or just hating because it is popular
Mar 12, 9:52 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to tan9126
could u explain what exactly is jjk story and plot?
a character is introduced and then killed
female cast wasted potential
gojo off screen death
villians nothing special very generic
Yuji main protagonist has very less charcter development
+ many more
@tan9126 You're right about the feminine potential, not about the others, jjk's story is based on fights, but each fight has a reason, a consequence either in society or in the characters, a super complex story is not needed, but rather It knows how to handle itself in an adequate way even if it is a simple story, what matters is that everything is consistent and satisfactorily fulfills what it wants to offer you, in this case action, interesting and charismatic characters, well-executed villains and basically entertaining. The plot of jjk also has some depth, which knows how to present itself in characters like geto, itadori, choso, mahito, etc., it shows us how the world of sorcery radically changes the mentality and life of these young people, each character has their own conflicts and ideals. Saying that Itadori has no development is simply not understanding JJK and Gojo off camera, beyond that, I think the whole moment in the afterlife is spectacular, but hey, that's my opinion
Mar 12, 11:06 AM

May 2021
_HAKARI_ said:

I don't find JJK boring in the slightest, but i do think it could have a better balance between storytelling/character developement and the big-ass battles
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 12, 11:34 AM
Feb 2019
Jailed said:
I agree that it's better than people give it credit for, but to act like it isn't made just for a lot of cool fights is silly. The story of Hidden Inventory arc was top tier tho

It wasn't top tier. 5 eps are too quick to show character change. The pacing is what Jjk does poorly.
I agree that one incident is enough to change a character but in case of jjk it wasn't enough.
Mar 12, 11:35 AM

Apr 2020
Most likely cause they think the storyline is weak and the strong point of the Show is it's Animation/Action. ☝️
Mar 12, 11:38 AM
Feb 2019
ANR23 said:
It’s not that JJK has a bad story. It has a pretty good story. But it’s not its strongest point. It’s a battle shounen, driven by sakuga and 14 year old fanboys and girls.

The problem is the fan base that makes it like it’s the best thing that ever happens humanity and it’s extremely annoying. It wasn’t even the best anime last year.

And in all honesty it’s no match to all time classics like HxH, Naruto, AOT etc. but these new gen fans don’t really understand that.

These days the focus of anime’s has totally shifted from plot driven and character driven stories and only mediocre, repetitive shit is produced. In such a pool of uninspiring anime, slightly better shows seem too good, greatly inflating than what they actually are.

And of course extreme hype is always a deterrent. The extreme hype for this season really dulled the experience.

And the recent shit show of awards given out by crunchy roll just aggravated this sentiment.

JJK is good, no doubt. But not yet a world beater or all time great. Not yet. Maybe it will become but it’s no way close. And when new anime fans or people who just get hyped by brainless action and don’t understand importance of plots, characters and writings put it on a pedestal without any thoughts on the aforementioned topics or genuine low key good shows, it just angers people who genuinely hunt for and watch good shows.

Shows like Summer Time Rendering, Heavenly Deluisons which are far superior to JJK, on AOT levels of story telling and suspense never get any recognition because of the hype train of shows like JJK or CSM or even when train wrecks like SAO are more popular than true masterpieces like Mushoku Tensei, it’s just goes to show how shallow the new pool of anime watchers are.

I second that. New gen are totally carried by hype and nothing much. The best thing is that these new gen series ends too quickly thus doesn't get any good progress. I hardly see any big arc. Shibuya was big but it's all fights with small developments.
Mar 12, 1:49 PM

Aug 2023
Shibuya was a brilliantly written arc the build-up the execution and the story and character changes that occur because of it are top tier. The animation helps yes but people saying the fights were the only aspect of it that were good are absolutely wrong and the fights fulfilled the character arcs and development, hidden inventory was brilliant a great load of character and story very good. I love Shibuya and whilst the story isn't the best it's meant to be a fantastic culmination of everything set up in Season 1. JJK greatest assets are it's characters and fights when you really get down to it that's all you need for a fabulous story as Characters improve the story and when done right (like JJK) fights improve both. Hype will always have a reason to exist I'm not the biggest fan of Demon Slayer but I can see where the hype comes from, the thing about JJK is that it's made to be hype and it really is. Additionally if it's all hype and animation then the manga wouldn't be so well received and JJK's manga is! The manga is brilliant and Gege as much as he hates his own main characters knows how to write and execute something as masterfully created as JJK. I am a new anime fan so according to people on the forum "I don't understand the value of characters, story and plot and that I only like flashy fight scenes" to answer that I rated both seasons of Vinland saga 10/10 but season 2 was easily my favourite my favourite manga is Bakuman a series without fights and plot is making manga. In my opinion I have enough knowledge to have an input on this. Additionally, don't pretend that old anime fans are any better don't tell me you don't enjoy fights because if that's the case why are you watching Shonen! Your not gods of anime taste and just because a series that you dislike is massively well received doesn't mean it has no good qualities and only is popular because of it's animation and your small group of anime watchers are the only people who understand what makes a good show.
Anyway rant over you can go back to thinking your Anime reviewing geniuses.
You know the British Empire was pretty cool, we definitely peaked with it. Yeah and I wouldn't mind restarting it and completing it's mission.

Thank you I will not be answering or expanding on anything and have good day
Mar 13, 3:42 AM
Jan 2022
cause it has no story
Mar 13, 9:42 AM
Sep 2023
@ItzMeBr0 sounds like you are an interruptor
Mar 13, 10:00 AM
Sep 2023
@ItzMeBr0 yeah mr. repeator
Mar 13, 10:06 AM
Sep 2023
@ItzMeBr0 sorry man
Mar 14, 8:45 AM
Dec 2015
Because we watched it
Mar 15, 6:57 PM
Mar 2023
Season two's main focus was its characters, action, and drama, the story was heavily simplified to put more growth into the characters and emphasize action overall. which us complexity fibe because it turns out it did not need a compelling story to keep our attention when it had these great and tragic charecters.
Mar 17, 7:15 PM
Nov 2023
it has such a great storyline (I binged season 2 millions of times) Like I think it's gonna end like Itadori about to die but no one is around him (because Gege is evil) his grandfather said in the 1st ep that don't be like me when you die be surrounded by people and as we all know Gege is evil so probably he will make Itadori suffer but is he has a little bit of shame he will not... (these are just my thoughts)
Mar 17, 7:17 PM
Nov 2023
Do they know how many times I have cried watching it? (especially Riko's death) It is too precious to me!! Idc what the people say because if you notice jjk very deeply it has a great storyline.!!
Mar 17, 7:19 PM
Nov 2023
removed-user said:
Not to mention the recent anime awards pissed off many people thus increasing haters for jjk

especially Vinland saga fans!! I think jjk S2 hidden inventory arc won the best anime so ofcourse they would be pissed (correct me if I am wrong:))
Mar 17, 7:20 PM
Nov 2023
Reckless_weeb said:
Cause majority of the time it's carried by action. How many story driven arcs have we witnessed till now? 0.
Maybe in the future we'll see.
Don't get the wrong idea, I love JJK. In fact I watched S2 weekly. But story isn't it's strong aspect. Characters and action are.

ok of s1 and S2 shibuya consists action only Hidden inventory arc was really deep!!!
Mar 17, 7:28 PM

Oct 2019
Them calling JJK has no story is them criticizing every other power shounen that revolves around action sequences and set pieces. It doesn't always need to have a lot of drama to back those things up, since it causes a lot of downtime,s and people like me, get tired and bored easily when shit like this happens. That's why I mostly prefer fast-paced stories since they go through things straightforwardly and don't kick around the bush just to supposedly 'add' more context to the characters. That's why there's such a concept called adaptations. It's the same thing with Demon Slayer.

I recognize people generally don't like characters who are pretty generalized or appear mid to the audience, but the handling, composition, action sequences, animation, and soundtrack are things that should be considered too other than evaluating characters and story only.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 7:28 PM
Nov 2017
Because it does have no story. I dropped this anime, so I haven't seen season 2, but I just remember characters were fighting each other for literally no reason.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

489 by Alkibiades404 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

» Mahito fans/haters what are you doing ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2023

83 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 10, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 31, 2023

269 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Jun 10, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 14, 2023

348 by animaewatcher23 »»
Jun 9, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

371 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Jun 9, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.