Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 9:28 PM
Oct 2018
I predict Phanora is going to kick that illegal necromancers ass so hard it might as well already be at his ears.
Feb 6, 4:00 PM

Aug 2015
Reply to IzanaSolos
Ah, the two people from the other key visual have finally made their appearance.

Phanora, the preeminent necromancy expert within The Order of Magical Resonance, alongside her aide Johan, received a commission to investigate an "Undead's Uncontrol Case" introduced by Ashaf. As they attentively listened to the police officer recount the details of the case, Phanora became suspicious that the uncontrolled undead were unauthorized resurrections, akin to "strays." To gauge the extent of these "strays," they ventured to a dilapidated church and enticed the undead, which had lost their mental faculties.

I've got this theory that Phanora and Johan are like a tag team of necromancer and undead, but who's who is still up in the air. Loved that intro though. And you know, it wouldn't be too surprising if Johan was actually undead from the get-go, just done really well. Funny enough, even with eyes everywhere, that shady necromancer completely missed that Phanora's part of the necromancer order.

I won't be shocked if Johan turns out to be undead, and all that throat-slitting did diddly-squat to him.

@IzanaSolos I think like you too, Phanora and Johan give me an Undead-Necromancer team vibe.

I really like Phanora and Johan; their designs and characters are so good. They are like ice and fire. I hope we see our main team in the next episode, I've missed Ashaf. :p
Feb 8, 3:44 AM

Sep 2023
Interesting episode centered around Necromancy. I feel like Johan is already an undead but I wonder why Phanora wanted to treat him immediately at the end if that is the case... Hopefully Guideau and Ashaf come back next episode to help with the conclusion.
Feb 8, 4:35 AM
Nov 2021
Well with these new char I can say that even the supporting char are also cool.
Feb 8, 3:31 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Tigergirl16
Phanora Kristoffel and Johan have the same voice actors as Shirayuki and Prince Zen from Snow White with the Red Hair. No wonder I ship them.
@Tigergirl16 aaahh it's Zen no wonder.. Love the duo as Phanora and Johan as well.. ♡♡♡
Feb 12, 4:46 PM
Jan 2018
every episode I'm more and more disappointed by how little the people adapting this series seem to care.
Feb 15, 8:20 PM

May 2015
The introduction that Necromancers are so accepted in this world and that there's practically a well known subscription to it! If you don't pay those maintenance fees, your revived loved one will rapidly lose their mind. Don't even get me started on the different modes of mind-control and manual puppeteering that this show also dropped like a bombshell. I do like the new characters introduced like Phanora and Johan. Since Ashaf recommended her, I think she should be able to take on this creepy guy and his whole army of decayed redheads.
Feb 25, 4:39 AM

Jan 2014
So we get to see the 2nd duo make an appearance here. But this goes very slowly tbh.
Mar 30, 6:18 AM

Feb 2021
The situation is really bad...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 24, 3:38 AM

Apr 2021
an unexpected death of that young man, I hope they can solve this case, but it looks like it will be difficult.
Apr 29, 4:13 PM

Aug 2019
Johan is too hot to die! Please revive him somehow.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

89 by frederico666 »»
Sep 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21

39 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 3, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

56 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 28, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 21, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29

42 by Matheus050 »»
Jul 12, 10:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.