Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
MF Ghost
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2023 11:23 AM
Jul 2021
The pacing of this anime is absolutely godawful. The racing is enjoyable but literally nothing happened last episode. I don't feel any connection or interest toward the robotic MC. Takumi and Itsuki were more likeable 6 minutes into the first episode of initial D. The music is underused and sounds like a ps2 game soundtrack in a lot of places. More Eurobeat, please. The director doesn't know how to build hype. I'm not going to drop the anime because it's not awful, but I've lost the faith.
Nov 21, 2023 11:53 AM
Nov 2022
This episode straight up gave me chills, the overtaking just before the death zone and then the driving at full throttle in the mist, counting down just before he finds the next driver in the mist and overtaking them. This is exactly the kind of episode i've been longing for and it makes me ever more invested in the story.
Nov 21, 2023 2:25 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to deg
thats the best episode yet

kanata overtaking 4 cars lol and now he is 9th place

he clearly has photographic memory so he might be a better driver than takumi fujiwara already
@deg
exactly what i wanted to express! best episode so far.
I was just missing Deemo - The Spirit of The Night soundtrack (was used at the end of ep07, and in recap they changed it).

btw, the last one here is so KAWAII xD
Nov 21, 2023 3:06 PM
Apr 2023
car go vroom vroom
Nov 22, 2023 12:04 AM
Aug 2021
pretty good I like
Nov 22, 2023 12:06 PM
Sep 2023
That "warp to the side" looked stupider than Star Trek Discovery.

Talked about goose bumps AGAIN. lol

Half way MF Ghosto and nothing much happened.

The camera pans and zooms are nauseating, making it to look like the 86 has more speed than it does.

I'm guessing he's a Finn... "WHAT? CRAJY BOY!" :D

Yeah, wild strategy huh? Giving Katagiri data of how close he is to other cars means that he can tell how close he is to other cars. WHOW! Mind blown! lmao. I guess if he's within one second of another car he's kind of close... that's big brained stuff right there, rocket science.

The countdown (twice now) until the Eurobeat is absolutely stupid, it's like they're putting it in there for the sake of it during every single BORING overtake. Can't you like save it for when it actually matters? Can't you give us a proper Eurobeat drop?

Is #8 Jackson or Taylor??

Yes, it's enough to give you chills, you might say it's enough to give you... goose bumps. :/

MFG racers "reputation", what are you talking about? They're kids, gentlemen racers, enthusiastic amateurs or the wealthy. They don't have a reputation for driving excellence, please calm down with that fake news.

Yes, Katagiri actually studied the track before racing on it, revolutionary! I'm sat here just shaking my head right now. Literally. He has a brain and can remember things... This is so dumb.

Hype job for real! After the race he'll probably cup his balls as he receives a kiss from number seven.

Geez, end of episode.
Nov 22, 2023 9:19 PM

Sep 2007
When he said, "Let's go", I said, "Ok".
Nov 23, 2023 4:54 AM

Jul 2021
the hype is real. finally a satisfying mgf episode. otherwise till now all they have been doing is blue balling us. i'm very happy.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 23, 2023 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
Reply to luigipunk25
Ok now it's going, and it's going good. Holyyy (perhaps a bit of a too long buildup tho. Could have reached this point an episode or two ago)
@luigipunk25 THE Luigipunk is here? Keep it up with the great Eurobeat remixes!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 23, 2023 9:25 PM
May 2022
crazy, this episode is awesome
It gave me goosebumps and tension at the same time.
I'll even want more of this in the future, how he'll fight the tough riders in front of him. hahahaha
ReksionoArtNov 23, 2023 9:29 PM
Nov 24, 2023 10:29 PM

May 2019
This episode probably gave me the most adrenaline so far, especially with Kanata's overtaking scenes of the Alfa, Lotus, and even a Porsche. And I must say, even though I'm not well versed in the genre of eurobeat, the two songs chosen for this episode greatly captured the intensity of the racing scenes—I don't think I'd have it any other way. But as for racing content, I think we were all well aware that Kanata was going to at least ace the foggy Section 3 of the course, but how many points he was gonna rack up was anyone's guess up until this point, and the thrill just kept on building with every overtake.

Next episode's title, "The 300kph Dog Fight," has me intrigued, as we seem to be focusing slightly more on the Ferrari-Nissan-Audi trio and their neck-and-neck fight on Section 4 of the course and the Kamaboko Straight. Of course, the episode will continue to tap into the 86-Porsche matchup, but as we've learned during qualifying, the 86's Achilles' heel is on power and straight-line speed—wonder how Kanata will deal with that.
Nov 25, 2023 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
The "warp" was goofy, felt right out of a shounen.

Kanata having the track perfectly memorized to the point where he's full throttling in dense fog is also ridiculous. I just can't get over the fact that he caught up and overtook a goddamn Porsche in a stock GR86. With how occupied he was with the Alfa Romeo and Lotus (to the point where it wasn't until the second lap that he overtook them) the drivers ahead of them should've been able to have increased their gap by a good amount, especially on the straights.

Unless they're just that awful of a driver even in their superior vehicles. Who knows though since we never even got a glimpse of their driving before until the author decided to use them as props for Kanata to overtake. Just some random, forgettable cannon fodder who's only use was to make the MC look good.
Nov 26, 2023 10:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another great episode!!!
The "Boy" attacked even in the fog!!
Surprises!
kekeke
Nov 27, 2023 9:06 PM
Dec 2022
THE YELLOW RX-7! oh it was a great episode
Nov 30, 2023 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
Kanata Katagiri is now starting to wreck all the racers using his surgical precision overtakes!
5/5.

Dec 5, 2023 12:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kanata is too good, beating a Porsche Carrera with a Toyota GT86 is possible in this anime lmao
Dec 8, 2023 5:30 AM

Jun 2020
KEISUKE MY BELOVED

Dec 13, 2023 12:39 AM

Oct 2013
Ayo, that last overtake in the fog, in the middle of the city, looked great. :D

I think that this race is going to be over either in the next episode or in ep. 10. At least the next episode should be the beginning of its climax, judging by the preview.
Jan 4, 8:47 AM

Mar 2015
He's going crazy! 4 overtakes in one episode
Jan 13, 12:40 AM
Dec 2022
Just one race and it now taking at least 5 episodes. Its just past mid-way point.
Feb 9, 6:52 AM

Jan 2021
When you drift like that through thick fog... You can do what you want!
May 5, 7:14 PM

Mar 2016
Now that's what I'm talking about! In the death zone where the visibility was close to zero, blanketed by thick fogs hovering over the tight streets with many corners, many eased up their offence and attempted to go through this area carefully. And then comes the silent assassin, Kanata with his GT86, overtaking cars one by one as he burst out of the fogs that masked his approach.

Whilst the others focused on maintaining their position, Kanata alone used this dangerous area to his advantage. With calm and composed behaviour and a calculating brain, he cleaves through the corners and eats up any cars in front of him. Be well aware of his supreme skills!

Especially that sidestepping warp to the right, that's reminiscence of Takumi's driving on top of hiding yourself in the darkness of the night. In this case, the cover is the fog.

I'm guessing that guy at the end there was Keisuke and not Ryosuke. Must the show always bluball their audience by teasing Initial D characters in such a way? lol

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 10:11 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 11 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Dec 10, 2023

37 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 9:26 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2023

43 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2023

40 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 7:19 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 12, 2023

54 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 5, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.