Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 3, 2023 9:31 PM
Oct 2022
oh, and it literally rains blood and everyone in white has not a drop on them. show obsessed with bloody imagery, just cause and can't even do the most basic imagery of showing how blood gets on people who do violent things as well. if anything, they'd focus on it getting on some innocent that would subsequently be scarred.
Nov 3, 2023 9:31 PM

May 2019
Damn, so Adonis wants to see the world burn doesn't he. While it was revealed that Doroka was coming back in the last episode I was not expecting the witch genocide immediately after that and there was hardly time for Ophelia to react to Doroka being revived instead of Chloe. I'm assuming Adonis and Doroka survived but seeing Yamato broadcast that every witch has been killed is concerning especially since I figured Adonis would've won the fight...
Nov 3, 2023 9:34 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to MarchinBunny
One thing that really kills a show for me is when it just seems like all the characters are incredibly stupid. The humans are stupid. The witches are stupid. Adonis is stupid. Not a single person can seem to just make a smart decision. I can understand Adonis not wanting to help the witches to use Chloe, but to send the humans there and have them all killed? How are you any different than the humans you despise?

The humans are also really stupid. Raging a war against the witches and then getting angry when they retaliate and act like they are the villains? Ohhh poor you with your sister. you expect sympathy while you masacre a ton of witches who also have families they care about? Adonis isn't just at fault, you are as well for being a total idiot.

The witches are stupid. Sure, let's enslave humanity by taking advantage of one our own, and then training these enslaved humans on the moon. Cause that sure as hell will not backfire at some point, right? Sure, they already have technology, let's give them magic too and hope none of them betray you.

The smartest move here would have to bring back Chloe, kept the moon base a secret ... and honestly just live out your lives on the moon till you had enough witches. At some point humanity will let it's guard down because Adonis seemingly vanished and there are no more witches. Rulers would have died and switched out. And someday you all could just move back to earth and what could the human's possibly do? Since the witches now know about the technology they would no longer be blindsided, and they could likely even incorporate that very technology into their own society as well. Fight fire with fire if you need too. Probably could even make tech to work against their tech, and prevent them from canceling out your magic.

Anyway, I am dropping it. It's frustrating watching these morons kill each other.
MarchinBunny said:
I can understand Adonis not wanting to help the witches to use Chloe, but to send the humans there and have them all killed? How are you any different than the humans you despise?

This. Not only that, they had us at the first half by letting us think that Adonis had already understood Chloe, that he had matured, but welp in the end he'd just mindlessly do things.
Nov 3, 2023 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to LucenProject
it's not good, but it really is hilarious in it's own way. a strike team teleports into hostile territory and kills 1 of Many surprised enemies then just ... waits for a response. after they get wiped out, head witch claims victory to show many of her forces have been killed by team 2. only then does she think they might use their number advantage? guy does a "science based" magic slash that flies around a tree mowing down enemies (and no friendlies) and the witches say to group up behind -CUT In Half- rather than just... you know, crouching under the attack. the show tried so many "surprise" kills that it was just like "okay, any witch that's talking aside from the one on the cover will die next" and that's what Happened. someone say rally, die. someone says "I don't want to..." dies. worse, suddenly, the armed witch women start screaming like helpless teens when someone dies... like people haven't been dying from the start of the fight or like screaming is more useful than ACTUAL MAGIC. MC uses a huge sword to cut off an arm rather than cut someone on half. cybernonja dude uses super speed to punch MC and then 0 follow-up attacks. all the witches put on battle armor to do non-melee attacks and the armor isn't shown to effectively save even a Single one from any attack. the poison fang witch doesn't even poison people. she just cuts them in half. c'mon. you have to admit this show is hilarious.
LucenProject said:
a strike team teleports into hostile territory and kills 1 of Many surprised enemies then just ... waits for a response.

LMAO, this happened like >5 times, I was like "no way they're doing this shit again"
Nov 3, 2023 10:03 PM
Apr 2023
I kind of dislike this episode, not because of the senseless killing (that much is part of the story after all). Rather what's bad is that they are obviously stretching the content too much.

They are adding too many frames than necessary on a lot of scenes where there are even no movements. 1-3 second movements are becoming 5-6 second bits. They really are trying to conserve the content so they can pour a lot of it every 3 episodes or probably pushing all what they have on the later episodes of the season. I feel like they are baiting you to start picking up the manga source material as early as now and be a more long-term sustained fan of the series.

Nov 3, 2023 11:42 PM
Jan 2016
Just gradually getting worse each episode. The worst stories somehow always get animated.
Nov 3, 2023 11:43 PM
Jul 2015
That pink hair girl is kinda annoying.
Nov 4, 2023 12:07 AM
Sep 2021
Adonis successfully restored doroka and also humans raided the witches hideout and started wiping every witch. Let's see how doroka and adonis come out from this.
Nov 4, 2023 12:10 AM

Mar 2008
Damnit Adonis, you just have to be careless and have another bloodbath though this time the witches are collateral damage.

Loli-Knight said:
The witches almost assuredly would have bent the knee to Chloe considering most of them seem to outright worship her, whether because of her power or ideals. The moment she resurrects and tells them she won't pursue revenge most of them would fall in line. The most they could do is threaten her with Adonis' life, but it's not like that's guaranteed to work. There's a million better ways Adonis could have handled this situation. For a guy that's been plotting for a decade straight he sure does seem to make the wrong choice at every turn as if he's outright retarded. I straight up don't get this guy. OBviously he's trying to trick the humans into thinking the genocide is finally complete so he and Pinky can move about relatively easily, but he probably would have been better off just resurrecting Chloe and screwing off with her. Not like the witches would kill her (for obvious reasons), and they couldn't kill Adonis since he's the key to resurrection. They'd have been caught between a rock and a hard place and basically forced into obeying whatever Chloe and Adonis wanted. He's an absolute moron unless he's playing cosmic 5D chess here, which I highly doubt.

I checked the manga and the dialogue is a little different. The almost about to be born Chloe thanked Adonis when he said he wouldn't bring her back to a sick world that she felt she didn't belong in. It was a nice gesture, though yeah the story could have gone a different way just as easily but this is less predictable at least.

MarchinBunny said:
I can understand Adonis not wanting to help the witches to use Chloe, but to send the humans there and have them all killed? How are you any different than the humans you despise?

Technically he didn't really send them there only neglected destroying the GPS that was put inside of him sooner.

gophercg said:
how he revive Doroka with so few memories? why Adonis invite army over?
decent fight but everything's just chaos now. an mc that makes no sense is hard to follow.

That was bothering me too. I assume the memories didn't come from him but the other witches or from Chloe's memories but we just didn't get to see them. It wasnt very clear.
Nov 4, 2023 12:55 AM
Aug 2021
wasted my time watching this nonsense when I could have used it to watch the Frieren EP again.
Nov 4, 2023 1:46 AM

Mar 2013
A lot of mixed feelings this episode.
Even reading this in the manga was terrifying.
I wonder what will happen next episode... >_<
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 4, 2023 2:35 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to X3I4
Disapointed at the direction the story is taking. Why did he want the witches to die they could have help him reach his goal. Also they seemed so weak they just all died without resisting. Humans can use magic as well now? That was not simple science. Teleport, magic sword, and space suit way to much in advance for their time. He should've just revive chloe and go in an epic war witch vs human. So much potential wasted.
@X3I4 he wanted them to die since they only wanted to revive clhoe for their own gain as doroka said
Nov 4, 2023 3:34 AM

Aug 2022
Finally an exciting story with cruel characters like real life!

Soft boys if you don't like it just drop it! why do you waste your time on something that is not for you?
Nov 4, 2023 5:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, now Adonis is just a vengeful killing machine, I knew he would betray Ophelia sooner or later but that was too soon.

At least he knows how to be thankful to his savior Doroka, but still....

What a monster~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 4, 2023 5:43 AM

Apr 2023
oh so it WAS Doroka...
Nov 4, 2023 7:03 AM
Feb 2018
Writing is absolute 🗑️, da f- man, ruined the chance of making an decent interesting series.
Nov 4, 2023 7:44 AM

Jun 2016
dumbshit episode ..
its all about massacre mass massacre !!!

dumbshit MC
Nov 4, 2023 7:51 AM
Apr 2020
I mean i liked the plot initially then it detoriated slowly , but why the hell is the pacing of the anime so slow? After every dialogue/scene there is a pause of 3 seconds it feels awkward. I dont know why always the anime with potential plots get butchered by bad production. With better pacing and some proper bgm it wont be as cringe as it is.
Nov 4, 2023 8:31 AM
Apr 2023
Finnel_Clustania said:
MC only knows how to kill civilians and repay the witch nation buy betraying them. Just like the Hamas!!!

bro spitting faxxxxx
Nov 4, 2023 9:18 AM

Jul 2022
Since the last episode it went downhill but now it has become something very bad, the plot is terrible but I will continue watching it, I think sooner or later I will end up dropping it.
Nov 4, 2023 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
Now that was an episode!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 4, 2023 9:35 AM

Jul 2015
Why didnt he just revive Chloe and run away with her?

Nov 4, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2019
Zwilicht said:

Unfortunately, the anime manages to disappoint even more with each episode.
For me that's it with this trash

If you want to enjoy the anime. READ the manga!
Nov 4, 2023 9:55 AM
Aug 2019
X3I4 said:
Disapointed at the direction the story is taking. Why did he want the witches to die they could have help him reach his goal. Also they seemed so weak they just all died without resisting. Humans can use magic as well now? That was not simple science. Teleport, magic sword, and space suit way to much in advance for their time. He should've just revive chloe and go in an epic war witch vs human. So much potential wasted.

Didn't I already mentioned before? Read the manga for better understanding.
Nov 4, 2023 9:56 AM
Aug 2019
@otakuweek well, they need to tone down the gorey stuff.
Nov 4, 2023 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
I decided to binge the manga last night just because I had to know how much worse it got. Surprisingly, it got a little better. But also confusing because apparently this anime is actually the sequel of a JP only manga (though what looks like a webcomic to me) called "The Kingdom of Caliburn". It was partially translated at one point but not by much. Whatever that's about. But the kingdom of ruin manga appears to be nowhere near finished and only just getting started story-wise.

So either we're getting an anime only ending or its just gonna hang at a really awkward spot because after this episode... there doesn't feel to be a good place to even pause

[Artist] • [Streamer] • [Writer]
Seasonal Anime Watcher!
Nov 4, 2023 12:24 PM
Jan 2015
Don't even know what to think of this. The whole plot is a big mess.
Nov 4, 2023 1:29 PM

Jun 2023
I can't stand it anymore and dropped 😑 first episode was really good but the next episodes turned to the pure trash
Nov 4, 2023 2:37 PM
Feb 2017
Finally we can see some action, nice episode please don't end the fight so fast
Nov 4, 2023 3:41 PM
Jan 2022
bruh how is everybody hating on this show?😂 like don't get me wrong, the first episode was one of the best openings to any series I've watched and obviously it won't be that good throughout the entire thing, but to call this show bad...damn
Nov 4, 2023 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
this is getting pretty bad
Nov 4, 2023 4:49 PM

Apr 2021
Adonis has major main character syndrome and honestly any character that has had any opportunity to not be an awful person 100% of the time. The no-name characters get killed in massive waves and who cares, but because you know this person’s tragic backstory it completely warrants you feeling bad for them! Genuinely every character that isn’t a bloodthirsty pos has come with a friend so that when they die it’s super duper sad and tragic and edgy :o(

When there’s a massive, floor-encompassing pool of blood by only episode 5, you know the anime is trying too hard. I’m rating it a 4 for now, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the anime continues to get worse. How this isn’t even the halfway mark astonishes me - every potentially interesting character has already died.
Nov 4, 2023 7:49 PM

Feb 2023
Kind of a dick move, Adonis
Nov 4, 2023 9:43 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to howskie
Was really optimistic about this anime after watching the first ep; Watched 3rd episode and I knew how disappointing it would be moving forward. It's just too edgy for me and there are lots of gore here just for the sake of having gore, and what's with this episode being filled with witches speaking then suddenly getting cut off getting killed, there was at least >5 instances this happened lmao it was really repetitive.
@howskie That's really the whole series, without giving specific spoilers, that's basically what the rest of the manga is, just gore and suffering and "everyone is an asshole" for the sake of it
Nov 4, 2023 9:46 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to chekkit
I decided to binge the manga last night just because I had to know how much worse it got. Surprisingly, it got a little better. But also confusing because apparently this anime is actually the sequel of a JP only manga (though what looks like a webcomic to me) called "The Kingdom of Caliburn". It was partially translated at one point but not by much. Whatever that's about. But the kingdom of ruin manga appears to be nowhere near finished and only just getting started story-wise.

So either we're getting an anime only ending or its just gonna hang at a really awkward spot because after this episode... there doesn't feel to be a good place to even pause
@chekkit Yeah, the Manga literally has 43 chapters, so either they pull a 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist and completely change the direction of it (which would be better honestly, the manga is absolute trash), or they just end it in the middle of a story beat.
Nov 4, 2023 10:58 PM
Aug 2015
It was nothing but killing, and the plot died quickly in the series.
Nov 4, 2023 11:28 PM
Mar 2021
this anime has wasted so much potential.
Nov 5, 2023 1:53 AM

Apr 2015
The fights are sad to watch. Every move takes like five seconds to happen.
Adonis acts like he's in limbo or something, not sure how he's randomly having a 1v1
Nov 5, 2023 3:35 AM
May 2021
where the plot is heading bruhh? all the witch died, already so much potential future arc wasted lol. I am kinda disappointed
Nov 5, 2023 6:41 AM
Feb 2021
Nice very good great
Nov 5, 2023 6:41 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to Daniel_Dreiberg
Why didnt he just revive Chloe and run away with her?
@Daniel_Dreiberg
Are you sure you watch/read the anime/manga ? It is said at the beginning of episode 5. ;-)

----------------

Next episode will be way better. In the anime version, they wanted to create a twist but they should have followed the manga version.
Nov 5, 2023 10:34 AM
Dec 2021
This episode ruined the entire anime.
Nov 5, 2023 2:11 PM

Feb 2015
this episode seemed way over the top. I actually like the concept of Witches being persecuted and I think that's an interesting plot device. However if you basically kill them all off whats the point of the show? Is it just revenge?

By the looks of it Witches are pretty much gone so genocide wins the day. Not sure that's the message but it certainly comes across that way.
Nov 5, 2023 4:01 PM
Nov 2019
so bad that is good
Nov 6, 2023 8:14 AM
Jul 2023
Rly Good anime!!!!!
Nov 6, 2023 1:00 PM

Aug 2011
There goes another number characters that we will never know more about, because they died in the spawn of two episodes lmao.

The battle animation is veeeeeeeery bad. Like, you can see they are doing their best with no budget, but still, LOL.

Anyway, I thought the original idea was good but as episodes go on I would say this is not what I expected... in a bad sense.

» Escapism.

Nov 6, 2023 1:11 PM
Jun 2019
I was debating on dropping this show. I left it all up to this episode and i got to say, although i don't think of the show in high regards, the way this episode ended makes me want to know what's next. Witches are almost extinct and Adonis has the human race as enemies left. Guess it's going to be Adonis, the pink haired girl against the world type of story.
Nov 6, 2023 6:04 PM
Nov 2022
A total massacre, I didn't expect so much in a single episode, nice.

Ahhhhh it's too much ESSENCE aaaaahhhhhhhh

Ps: Autorizo para que el general tablos controle mi mente.
Nov 7, 2023 9:03 AM

Mar 2014
Savage episode but I must say the witches are pretty weak, I mean sure the humans have the advantage of numbers and advance tech that I've no idea how any of them works and how powerful they are but the witches can use magic so they should put more of better fight
RedChromeNov 7, 2023 9:33 AM
Nov 8, 2023 12:51 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
spoiler alert: people are gonna DIE

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» what problem with adonis?

isolated-otaku - Nov 4, 2023

35 by nick_el_son »»
Jun 4, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

81 by nick_el_son »»
Jun 4, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

95 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 7, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

105 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 7, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

59 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 6, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.