Aug 16, 2023 4:05 PM

Aug 2020
1crusty said:
I find a new dumbest thread every day.
Ya beat me to the punch. I was thinking the exact same thing 💀
Keep scrolling
Aug 16, 2023 5:35 PM

Oct 2019
OP is seriously trying to bait chicks into raising their hands on MAL… oof dude.

No matter how many boneless boomer-level statistics y’all make up, there are /countless/ female weebs, dweebs, otaku, NEETs, and hikikomori — they just opt out of using their gender as a personality trait/selling point, especially when discussing anime.

Also~ anyone who thinks Rudy boi was a “perv” doesn’t deserve Mushoku Tensei. He lived a terrifyingly real life that naïve, sheltered minds can’t comprehend. I’d rather read a side story about him going to soapland than any more of these posts
Aug 16, 2023 5:58 PM
Sep 2019
I'm a dude, but my female cousin loves it. I don't know any other people into anime irl lol.
Aug 16, 2023 7:43 PM
Jun 2021
ErogakiPatches said:
Seeinq said:

i mean standard isekai as the copy paste haremesque isekai with almost always a male protagonist.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Please elaborate.
-check all anime/LNs/manga with the isekai tag
-look at the cover arts and watch many of them featuring a guy and multiple women.
we're connected by the black thread of fate, after all
Aug 16, 2023 7:57 PM
Jun 2019
I’m a female fan. I really enjoy watching it but I did almost drop it in season one. I’m glad I decided not to because it is only getting better. I didn’t read the light novels or anything but at some point I might. The pervertedness doesn’t really bother me. I don’t take it seriously and sometimes even find it funny.
Aug 16, 2023 8:07 PM
Dec 2018
My sister watch this show too and I'm the one who recommends it
Aug 16, 2023 8:09 PM
Oct 2021
SouthRzVa said:
Damn, a lot of people are missing out on Fruits Basket. So sad.

That’s my thought from this thread too. Season 3 has some of the best pay off for a show I’ve ever seen.
Aug 16, 2023 8:59 PM

Sep 2021
Kockorzo said:
‘Other’ is unnecessary in this context as we are not primarily concerned with orientation of gender (only using it as basis of observation)— the ‘other’ group  can choose what they wish to be and you’d consequently be limiting dishonest answers by limiting choices. Also, there is selection bias in posting this on MAL— perhaps even the date and time you decided to post at. Though this is the easiest and most convenient way to do things so I don’t blame you.
I only added that option to piss off the alt right weirdos on this site, there seem to be a few obsessed ones.
AdvideAug 16, 2023 9:08 PM
Aug 16, 2023 9:08 PM

Sep 2021
deg said:
and anime fandom in general is still male dominated
That depends on where you look, mal and reddit are highly male dominated. But there are plenty of female anime fans on sites like twitter, tumblr, ao3, and wattpad. 
Aug 16, 2023 9:59 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
LostSpectre said:
ErogakiPatches said:

That is not my point. More WOMEN are watching those shows, not more people. The majority of the people watching Mushoku Tensei are men, while the majority of people watching/reading the ones I mentioned are women.
Surely, it should have been implied that I was talking about women, since that was the entire point. 

I'm saying more women probably watch MT, whether or not male viewers are the larger percentage.  

Then make that more clear.

And I do not think you are understanding what I am saying. The audience of those shows are primarily women, whether thoae numbers reach the same as Mushoku Tensei (It is a newer show so it is not likely to) is irrelevant as I am talking about the primary audience of it, not the numbers. If you are speaking about the numbers, then we have nothing more to discuss.
Aug 16, 2023 10:08 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Seeinq said:
ErogakiPatches said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Please elaborate.
-check all anime/LNs/manga with the isekai tag
-look at the cover arts and watch many of them featuring a guy and multiple women.

Ah! That is what you meant. Yes, that is definitely the case. Though, recently in the last few years, a new kind of "isekais" had become popular with a female MC who either gets reincarnated into a game/novel or "falls asleep while playing the game/reading the novel all night". Some crap like that, anyway. It has become EXTREMELY popular for some reason.
Aug 16, 2023 10:09 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Advide said:
deg said:
and anime fandom in general is still male dominated
That depends on where you look, mal and reddit are highly male dominated. But there are plenty of female anime fans on sites like twitter, tumblr, ao3, and wattpad. 

Do you not know that no one uses Tumblr anymore since their whole "ban" thing? So probably not a lot of female fans on there, tbh.
Aug 16, 2023 10:33 PM

Mar 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
V1P3R0P said:

Did you know that Redo of healer was more popular among female audience?

Source

That isn't true, that says it had more female audience than normally, not that it had more female audience in general.

I said More popular among female audience sir. Not more female audience. Please read again....
V1P3R0PAug 16, 2023 10:50 PM
Aug 16, 2023 10:34 PM

Jan 2013
ErogakiPatches said:
LostSpectre said:
Surely, it should have been implied that I was talking about women, since that was the entire point. 

I'm saying more women probably watch MT, whether or not male viewers are the larger percentage.  

Then make that more clear.

And I do not think you are understanding what I am saying. The audience of those shows are primarily women, whether thoae numbers reach the same as Mushoku Tensei (It is a newer show so it is not likely to) is irrelevant as I am talking about the primary audience of it, not the numbers. If you are speaking about the numbers, then we have nothing more to discuss.
Your statement wasn't clear, either. It definitely reads as if you're talking about raw numbers, and not percentages of female viewers. 

I agree. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 16, 2023 11:08 PM

Mar 2021
EdgyLord666 said:
V1P3R0P said:

Did you know that Redo of healer was more popular among female audience?

Source
Wait, are you talking about how RoH has more female audiences than male? No way that's true.

No I'm telling, In average the female audience for this show is more compared to other shows.
Aug 16, 2023 11:15 PM
Jul 2020
Yea a female friend of mine really likes the show too
Aug 17, 2023 12:19 AM

Sep 2021
ErogakiPatches said:
Advide said:

Do you not know that no one uses Tumblr anymore since their whole "ban" thing? So probably not a lot of female fans on there, tbh.
I know, Tumblr is nowhere close to its peak but it still has a decently active userbase. Just not fit for promoting content. 
Aug 17, 2023 1:00 AM
Oct 2021
V1P3R0P said:
Ionliosite2 said:

That isn't true, that says it had more female audience than normally, not that it had more female audience in general.

I said More popular among female audience sir. Not more female audience. Please read again....

typical dumb gen-z's , can't even read nor understand.
Aug 17, 2023 7:20 AM
Jun 2021
Advide said:
Kockorzo said:
‘Other’ is unnecessary in this context as we are not primarily concerned with orientation of gender (only using it as basis of observation)— the ‘other’ group  can choose what they wish to be and you’d consequently be limiting dishonest answers by limiting choices. Also, there is selection bias in posting this on MAL— perhaps even the date and time you decided to post at. Though this is the easiest and most convenient way to do things so I don’t blame you.
I only added that option to piss off the alt right weirdos on this site, there seem to be a few obsessed ones.

Instigating conflict, you are quite the incendiary it seems. Have you ever considered your words as a self-testimony to violating this site’s TOS?
///
Aug 17, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2016
LostSpectre said:
SouthRzVa said:
I would wager that shoujo in general is more appreciated by men than teenage boys, it may take time to get over the stigma of it.
And then there is me who watched Cardcaptor Sakura when I was 11 and absolutely loved every second of it. But yeah, I guess the older you get, the more you start to appreciate all type of genres.
Aug 17, 2023 11:52 AM
Oct 2017
As a female, I feel like it's a must to respond to this thread, and the answer is: I absolutely love this anime, even the creepy and most pervy parts of it too. So yes, females are watching it too, can't really say how many of them but.... here I am and my answer is, I love it ^^
Aug 17, 2023 12:20 PM

Jul 2016
billybub said:
SouthRzVa said:

Right?  The remake is probably one of the best anime to come out in the past 10 years.
Absolutely. The studio did such an excellent job. Kinda makes me wish other remakes had the same level of care and passion put into them.
Aug 17, 2023 12:45 PM

Jul 2016
tmoney23 said:
SouthRzVa said:

That’s my thought from this thread too. Season 3 has some of the best pay off for a show I’ve ever seen.
S3 was a bit fast-paced for my taste but its ending definitely felt quite rewarding.
SouthRzVaAug 17, 2023 12:50 PM
Aug 17, 2023 2:19 PM
Feb 2022
Swagernator said:
Yes, but what is a woman OP ?

A human being with b**bs and pu**¥
Aug 17, 2023 3:01 PM

Jul 2019
Golden_Cheese said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

that's like asking : " do men enjoy fruits basket ? "

But we don't enjoy fruits basket...

bro...  who's we
Aug 17, 2023 3:07 PM

Jul 2021
LostSpectre said:
SouthRzVa said:
I would wager that shoujo in general is more appreciated by men than teenage boys, it may take time to get over the stigma of it.

Well, I for one could be tortured with high school romance...
But then again, that also excludes trashy harem shows too.
I've ended up reading some shoujo manhwa, but as far as anime is concerned, almost none are particularly interesting.
Aug 17, 2023 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
JaniSIr said:
LostSpectre said:

Well, I for one could be tortured with high school romance...
But then again, that also excludes trashy harem shows too.
I've ended up reading some shoujo manhwa, but as far as anime is concerned, almost none are particularly interesting.
Shockingly (yes, that's sarcasm) we only have a 16% affinity, so I can't say our views on anime are particularly relatable. 

Wait. I noticed I have 0.5% affinity with someone else, maybe 16% isn't so bad.
LostSpectreAug 17, 2023 8:14 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 17, 2023 6:03 PM

Jan 2021
V1P3R0P said:
Ionliosite2 said:

I read it again, and I think I just misunderstood, it definitely says "more popular among female audience", so I just assumed you were saying the same thing many people were saying when the news appeared that more female audience was watching the show. But now I understand what you mean.
Aug 17, 2023 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
SouthRzVa said:
LostSpectre said:
And then there is me who watched Cardcaptor Sakura when I was 11 and absolutely loved every second of it. But yeah, I guess the older you get, the more you start to appreciate all type of genres.

I wasn't implying it would be unusual for younger audiences, just teenage ones, but older teens more so.
Aug 17, 2023 9:00 PM
Nov 2022
Saimatsu_Fan said:
yes

that's like asking : " do men enjoy fruits basket ? "

ahhh

I remember growing up and watching fruits basket next to berserk lol
Aug 18, 2023 12:19 AM

Apr 2012
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
opemmanuel said:

Konosuba is completely different lmaoo

Uh, even though it isn’t?

Isekai, openly pervert protagonist, ecchi and very explicitly aimed at men.

It’s very unlikely that a woman who enjoys Konosuba wouldn’t enjoy Mushoku.
You'd be surprised how many women openly enjoy lewd content or even create it themselves.
Aug 18, 2023 1:48 AM

Nov 2016
tmoney23 said:
SouthRzVa said:

I would say it has the best payoff from any anime I've seen. It was glorious
Aug 18, 2023 1:56 AM
Oct 2021
Pixel_Vapour said:
tmoney23 said:

That’s definitely a great take. I’d say for me Steins Gate is the only anime that I think definitely had a better pay off.
Aug 18, 2023 1:59 AM

Nov 2016
tmoney23 said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

That’s definitely a great take. I’d say for me Steins Gate is the only anime that I think definitely had a better pay off.

That was a great one too. Definitely in the top 5 best payoffs in anime for me
Aug 18, 2023 3:17 AM
Aug 2020
yes, i'm a female. i am currently watching and up to date on mushoku tensei. i was originally not fond of the show when it first aired as i found some of the scenes made me uncomfortable. i decided on a whim to give the show another chance since i’ve heard so many people raving about it lately, and in a sense i’m sort of glad i did. yes there are certain scenes that still do make me uncomfortable, but i make myself keep watching the series. i feel like i have to forgive mushoku tensei because of the fact that everything else about it is pretty entertaining, and for some reason i keep getting drawn back to it. i’m not an isekai fan really, but i do think this is one of the better ones out there.
Aug 18, 2023 5:14 AM
Jul 2020
RobertBobert said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

Uh, even though it isn’t?

Isekai, openly pervert protagonist, ecchi and very explicitly aimed at men.

It’s very unlikely that a woman who enjoys Konosuba wouldn’t enjoy Mushoku.
You'd be surprised how many women openly enjoy lewd content or even create it themselves.

Nah, I’m aware of it.

Sadly, though, they’re objectively a vocal minority.

Because, I assure you, 95% of the people watching To Love Ru ain’t woman.

Either way, when it comes to Konosuba and Mushoku, I literally said there would be more woman than usual watching it, because frankly, any woman who likes anime AT ALL would pretty much be forced to get used to lewdness after her third anime or so.
Aug 18, 2023 5:16 AM

Apr 2012
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
RobertBobert said:

Nah, I’m aware of it.

Either way, when it comes to Konosuba and Mushoku, I literally said there would be more woman than usual watching it, because frankly, any woman who likes anime AT ALL would pretty much be forced to get used to lewdness after her third anime or so.
You confuse women as such and moral guards, because in modern realities, most moral guards will be girls. In fact, anime's female audience is so broad that many don't even realize that anime has a gender demographic and wonder why "most shows pander to men".
Aug 18, 2023 5:21 AM
Jul 2020
RobertBobert said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

Nah, I’m aware of it.

You confuse women as such and moral guards, because in modern realities, most moral guards will be girls. In fact, anime's female audience is so broad that many don't even realize that anime has a gender demographic and wonder why "most shows pander to men".

Bro, it’s because shows like To Love Ru literally have “boobs” as the only plot and most woman are straight.

That’s it. It’s that simple.

It’s not about being a SJW at all lol. It’s simply about the objective fact that 98% of humanity is still straight.

And that’s pretty much exactly why Mushoku and Konosuba aren’t that much of a problem.

Many woman aren’t necessarily TURNED OFF by lewdness, which is why, as long as they’re used to anime as a whole, they will watch Mushoku and Konosuba without that many problems.

That said, and as you yourself said, most SJWs are woman.

And as I said, most woman are straight.

This combination of factors makes the market something that “panders to men”.

Which is actually not even an unintentional consequence. More man watch anime than woman so the marker PURPOSELY panders to this demographic.

It’s not something that complex, really.
Aug 18, 2023 5:32 AM

Apr 2012
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
RobertBobert said:

Bro, it’s because shows like To Love Ru literally have “boobs” as the only plot and most woman are straight.

It’s not about being a SJW at all lol. It’s simply about the objective fact that 98% of humanity is still straight.

And that’s pretty much exactly why Mushoku and Konosuba aren’t that much of a problem.

Many woman aren’t necessarily TURNED OFF by lewdness, which is why, as long as they’re used to anime as a whole, they will watch Mushoku and Konosuba without that many problems.

Which is actually not even an unintentional consequence. More man watch anime than woman so the marker PURPOSELY panders to this demographic.

A huge number of undeniably straight women watch yuri bait shows and get into yuri shipping because they think it's cute and because many find all-female shows relatable. Even the producers of the biggest waifu bait franchises talk about it directly. But the question is different. Obviously, I quoted someone else's misconception, why are you arguing with this as if it was my statement?
Aug 18, 2023 5:38 AM
Jul 2020
RobertBobert said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

A huge number of undeniably straight women watch yuri bait shows and get into yuri shipping because they think it's cute and because many find all-female shows relatable. Even the producers of the biggest waifu bait franchises talk about it directly. But the question is different. Obviously, I quoted someone else's misconception, why are you arguing with this as if it was my statement?

My man, when the fuck did I ever mention Yuri? Yuri FAMOUSLY has a large female fanbase.

I’m talking about classic ecchi.

You know?

BOOBS. TITS. BREASTS.

This kind of shit.
Aug 18, 2023 5:45 AM

Apr 2012
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
RobertBobert said:

My man, when the fuck did I ever mention Yuri? Yuri FAMOUSLY has a large female fanbase.

You know?

BOOBS. TITS. BREASTS.

This kind of shit.
Firstly, you have several times focused on straight women. Secondly, many yuri bait or open yuri have a significant dose of ecchi because they are still male-oriented. And SUDDENLY a lot of women are still watching it, even though you always have a percentage of old maids who will complain about any erotica in the title. Although lately they've taken to using queerness as a defense, it's as if being interested in a woman's body is only lewd if you're a man.
Aug 18, 2023 5:47 AM
Jul 2020
RobertBobert said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

You know?

BOOBS. TITS. BREASTS.

This kind of shit.
Firstly, you have several times focused on straight women. Secondly, many yuri bait or open yuri have a significant dose of ecchi because they are still male-oriented. And SUDDENLY a lot of women are still watching it, even though you always have a percentage of old maids who will complain about any erotica in the title. Although lately they've taken to using queerness as a defense, it's as if being interested in a woman's body is only lewd if you're a man.

Of course I have focused on straight people? They’re pretty much the entire market.

As for Yuri, Yuri SPECIFICALLY attracts many woman. Both straight and not.

That’s just a well documented fact.

I don’t get what’s so hard about it.

And most importantly, I don’t get how you can’t, for the love of god, draw the line between cute yuri bait like Yuru Yuri and borderline porn.
Aug 18, 2023 5:52 AM

Apr 2012
Dude, I don't understand why you literally confuse yourself with every new answer, but I'm not going to repeat the same thing and write big essays just to explain to you a fairly simple sequence of thoughts. Of course, it's funny to watch you being surprised at something "so hard", etc., without realizing that you literally confused yourself because of not understanding a simple thought, but this is too weak a price to pay for wasting my time.
Aug 18, 2023 6:20 AM

May 2015
Looks like the resident spaz woke up
Aug 18, 2023 12:28 PM

Nov 2020
My friend who is a woman adores MT
Aug 20, 2023 1:37 AM

Oct 2019
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
RobertBobert said:

Of course I have focused on straight people? They’re pretty much the entire market.

And most importantly, I don’t get how you can’t, for the love of god, draw the line between cute yuri bait like Yuru Yuri and borderline porn.

If you’re calling To Love Ru “borderline porn”…… you’ve still got a long way to go.

Straight female weighing in that boobs are necessary to any plot, be it lewd ecchi or sweet shojo. If anything, females tend to be *more* critical of perfect oppai size/shape/physics than Demon Slayer twerps or neckbeards, and praise shows with b00ba of the highest quality.

Despite watching anime for years prior, the first DVDs of it I bought were things like DxD, High School of the Dead, and Valkyrie Drive. You need n!p, dude…you know? Then I’d have non-anime watching friends over for pizza while forcing them to watch these shows — and all this time later, they’ve become gigaweebs who can hold a convo about everything from Beserk to this month’s hanime uploads. Peak.

In terms of (what I consider soft, you consider borderline porn) ecchi, my favorite might always be the protag of “So, I Can’t Play H!” seeing a field of golden wheat at sunset while getting a face full of…you know what.

More than 10 years and countless level upgrades of culture later, I still won’t acknowledge anime fans that can’t appreciate that scene AND have a discussion of the metaphysics in Code Geass
Aug 20, 2023 3:45 AM

Jul 2021
This has got to be the funniest thread fr
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 20, 2023 5:55 AM
Jul 2020
gabfive said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

If you’re calling To Love Ru “borderline porn”…… you’ve still got a long way to go.

Straight female weighing in that boobs are necessary to any plot, be it lewd ecchi or sweet shojo. If anything, females tend to be *more* critical of perfect oppai size/shape/physics than Demon Slayer twerps or neckbeards, and praise shows with b00ba of the highest quality.

Despite watching anime for years prior, the first DVDs of it I bought were things like DxD, High School of the Dead, and Valkyrie Drive. You need n!p, dude…you know? Then I’d have non-anime watching friends over for pizza while forcing them to watch these shows — and all this time later, they’ve become gigaweebs who can hold a convo about everything from Beserk to this month’s hanime uploads. Peak.

In terms of (what I consider soft, you consider borderline porn) ecchi, my favorite might always be the protag of “So, I Can’t Play H!” seeing a field of golden wheat at sunset while getting a face full of…you know what.

More than 10 years and countless level upgrades of culture later, I still won’t acknowledge anime fans that can’t appreciate that scene AND have a discussion of the metaphysics in Code Geass

Would you NOT call To Love Ru Darkness, easily in the top-15 heaviest ecchis ever created, “borderline-porn”?

What do you watch for breakfast? Kaifuku? Reviewers?
Aug 20, 2023 5:56 AM
Jul 2020
ishinashi388 said:
baymaxemon said:

A human being with b**bs and pu**¥
an adult female. character limit

Bro unironically trowed Matt Walsh’s definition in an anime forum.

That’s actually cringe, bro.
Aug 20, 2023 10:49 AM

Oct 2019
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
gabfive said:

Would you NOT call To Love Ru Darkness, easily in the top-15 heaviest ecchis ever created, “borderline-porn”?

What do you watch for breakfast? Kaifuku? Reviewers?

I mean…yeah? I used to watch them right around lunch for quite a few years. Redo movie nights on discord were a thing too, and I highly recommend popcorn with your ecchi.
It’s all just entertainment, and pretty funny when you step back and think about it. Real Hanime stuff is more for dinner time though~
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

236 by aoo-kun »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

277 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 1, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

283 by shams267 »»
May 31, 8:22 PM

» This is lowkey the best SoL anime.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 24

24 by al_vl »»
May 25, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

355 by lasodamos »»
May 22, 12:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.