Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 26, 2023 11:43 PM
May 2022
I enjoyed the first season. Unfortunately the current paste of 12 Episode season, the industry is currently running, hurts the paste of the anime. Main Problem is, that much is compressed, while other things are unnecessary longer than they have to be, just beccause a minor thing needs to fill a episode.
Jun 26, 2023 11:52 PM

Jul 2016
Luxziffer said:
I enjoyed the first season. Unfortunately the current paste of 12 Episode season, the industry is currently running, hurts the paste of the anime. Main Problem is, that much is compressed, while other things are unnecessary longer than they have to be, just beccause a minor thing needs to fill a episode.

You do realize that this anime actually has 24 episodes in total and the remaining 12 episodes will air in fall later on, right?
Jun 27, 2023 12:17 AM

Oct 2018
looking forward to part 2, has been pretty neat thusfar
Jun 27, 2023 1:08 AM

Mar 2008
I feel the contrast with all the chibi moments in this show take away from it and so many characters just feel shallow displays. I feel like Phantom Solitaire is all that kept this from being boring in the later part of this run. Hopefully it gets better with next round.
Jun 27, 2023 1:24 AM
Mar 2022
First ep was a banger. Things went downhill through the end. Too many unexplained mysteries nd the ending wasn't satisfactory. I'll wait for the 2nd part. And didnt expect the teach to be alive lol. Love the op and ed btw.
7/10
Jun 27, 2023 1:47 AM

Feb 2019
HiazeSDA22 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Ok I’m ngl the first few episodes of this we’re great. Really loved the reverse isekai gimmick. Once they revealed it was more time travel/reincarnation than reverse isekai, it started to fall off for me. I feel like there were way too many characters in this and it’s hard to keep track of all the little plot lines.

It’s not bad, it’s just not as great as it was for that first half of the show. It’s also hard to properly evaluate this because there’s another half coming that will surely answer a lot of questions I have. This cour felt like a set up for the next cour, so I’m excited for that.
It's not time travel actually, the grocer just speculating that the emblem might be from old europe

Tags are reincarnation not isekai so
Jun 27, 2023 3:10 AM

May 2014
Solid 8, maybe go to a 9 if I re-watch it. Seems like the kind of show that'll be more enjoyable when you become familiar with all the characters then watch it again. Just like Narita's previous works, it does tend to rain down characters on you. Having said that, I surprisingly didn't have too much trouble following it. My past Durarara experience helps I'm sure.

I really enjoyed this though. Corpse God and shark Polka are really great characters. Everyone has charm to them that makes them fun to watch.

I might go ahead and start reading the manga. Looking forward to more~
Jun 27, 2023 3:49 AM
Apr 2020
Feel like we've only seen 1% of this show lot of things have been laid down this certainly felt like a prologue lets see what part 2 has in offer
Jun 27, 2023 8:47 AM

Jun 2016
so many new enemies reveal at the ending !!

this gonna be interesting in next season !
Jun 27, 2023 9:21 AM

May 2019
This was a decent episode with several characters around Polka's building from the Fire Bugs at ground level to Phantom Solitaire, Xiaoyu and later on Lemmings on the rooftop. It was kind of funny how Xiaoyu and the Phantom Solitaire did not know about each other and what their motives were, and with Lemmings getting involved I doubt he fully knew what was going on either. At least I'm not alone in being a bit confused due to the number of characters.

We got some lore on the Corpse God's past with a sexy teacher saying that the Corpse God has empathy with the dead and that apparently allows him to gain control over them. Back to the present time the Corpse God was only able to capture the young Fire Bug girl so maybe he will get some information from her (assuming she doesn't end up escaping too). There was a mysterious girl briefly shown at the end, I wonder who she is.

The animation was decent, the character designs were good, and the storyline was a bit all over the place. I may re-watch this just before the second part airs in the fall to hopefully get a better understanding of what's going on and I hope the 2nd part connects everything.

7/10
Jun 27, 2023 11:06 AM
May 2021
After watching first 3 episodes i gave it 9/10 rating, but after watching rest of s1  i've reduced it to 6/10.
This season started with good premise and gave us NOTHING. With 80characters and 9storylines you could like solve at least 1 thing in one season to give us a little bit of conclusion.

It was not interesting, animated or well writen enough to leave it at cliffhanger for every story element. It is very much slice of life with some 0 stakes fights that consist of few frames of  animation.

It is much better than plunderer that was 1/10 from same studio, but still let-down. Season 2 will have a lot of work to do and I'm not sure that I will bother watching it, such average show should try bit harder to keep people attached.
Jun 27, 2023 1:40 PM
Jul 2014
It keeps getting complicated for no reason, the "plot" thickens every single time and nothing is actually resolved. Nothing feels good and you don't care about half of what happens cause it's just "for show" and it will be "plot twisted" later lmao

Comedic timing is still completely off. It doesn't find itself and cannot find itself cause it tries to do too many things at once. Supernatural, fantasy, comedy, detective, mystery to cite some ...

Characters have one personality and that's it you can resume them like that.

Solid 3/10 cause it made less and less sense, tried to make some "serious" plot but I just don't care anymore between the comedy and the edgy corpse god that does literally nothing but staying in his cave lmao

They also do the same thing in each episode. The moment your attention starts to wander, they put boobs.
Jun 27, 2023 1:59 PM
May 2017
I wanted to love this anime. The first few episodes showed promise, yet it only amounted to being a jumbled, incohesive mess. If anything, it's probably one of the more ambitious works I've seen, the execution just left more to be desired. They tried to mix fantasy and real life with elements of mystery, suspense while being the rare reverse isekai. 

Another one of my gripes is that they keep opening more plot points without ending the ones we already had. Even at the end of the episode we were introduced to yet another villain group when the other ones aren't even dealt with. Don't even get me started on the pacing

The show did somethings right thankfully. The characters are all interesting for the most part, the premise is good, and...that's it for now

5.5/10, I will watch the second cour because i still have a sliver of hope that it can do better.
Quanda1eDing1eJun 27, 2023 2:05 PM
Jun 27, 2023 2:19 PM
Jun 2019
anyone has a site or knows which parts of the manga that were censored? (for example the bath scene)
Jun 27, 2023 5:49 PM
May 2022
I unfortunately didn’t dig it. I kept watching because of the initial and episodes and premise were good. But the animation got a lot worse as it went on and I got bored pretty quickly. I’m still not sure what to make of the plot or characters. But they weren’t engaging enough to me. There were some alright twists but it wasn’t enough to keep me interested. I won’t watch the second part unless it scores significantly higher, then I’ll give it another chance. Otherwise wasted potential.
Jun 27, 2023 5:59 PM

Feb 2022
Very underrated series was good. Looking forward to october.
Jun 28, 2023 10:55 AM
Apr 2023
Un final muy bueno y abierto para la segunda temporada en octubre excelente
Jun 28, 2023 2:51 PM

Mar 2010
Da fack ended kinda nonchalantly. Not sure where this is going tho. I mean just more edgy secret society stuff lolz but yea hoping for him to lose his shit and perhaps destroy this world.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 29, 2023 9:42 AM
Oct 2020
People who Rated 1-7 completely blind 💀

People slept on this anime. The part 1 story in this Animanga is purposely made on purpose at first. This is intentional for the introduction of the respective characters and their motives. However, the longer the storyline, the more interesting it is because the characters here are made as if they are alive, so the author takes different characters' POVs to clarify their development, goal. And that's the interesting part, for example in the current episode, all the characters head to one place with different goals. We are made to understand about those who want to solve this mystery, and in the end it all comes together in one place with different pov's . Whether it's the protagonist, cast, or antagonist. Eps 1-12 is only part 1 which is mainly intended for character recognition. The real thing will come soon, it will appear at the middle of part 2.
People Didn't realize that this part 1 only the introduction 😂😂😂
Jun 29, 2023 4:06 PM

Mar 2021
Nooo not the end, it was starting to get interesting !
Ngl Im kinda lost, so much things and characters happenning, Im gonna lose track of everything in October
But I'll continue, so much questions !
Jun 29, 2023 8:18 PM
Apr 2023
Can't wait for part 2.
Lots of mysteries to unravel specially if this a reverse-isekai or just happened to be a time-skip reincarnation.

I guess the corpse god can really join Dom's family at this rate.
Jun 30, 2023 5:09 AM

Nov 2022
well this started good then it became boring, confusing and inconclusive...

"See you in October" lmao nah thx bro
Jun 30, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
It was a good eps but as an ending was lacking in any sense. Either the peeps know another season is coming or they just half assed this eps. Not sure which way to feel about it at the moment!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 30, 2023 8:58 PM

Mar 2013
This story is getting interesting and I love it!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 1, 2023 6:58 AM
Aug 2018
Roch2001 said:
It was a good eps but as an ending was lacking in any sense.  Either the peeps know another season is coming or they just half assed this eps.  Not sure which way to feel about it at the moment!
Second season was already announced before the end of the first season But, I agree, it didn't seem like a season final. I guess the structure of the story make it difficult to have any kind of conclusion after 12  episode. 
Also, Solitaire is really good at destroying any tension... the fight seemed more like a gag than an actual fight. I wouldn't even call it a fight, just doing messy things without any tension, consequence except having people catching the "invisible hand" (but who are not invisible ?) on video. It doesn't make sense than Lemmings who was getting blocked when he was using the "invisible hand" on the rooftop, can magically avoid 15 hands mid-air.
Still also doesn't make sense how Lemmings can just 100 meter in the sky for no reason. 
For now, the anime is really messy, with a lot of characters, plots, story, random power and motivation... while I'm sure everything is connected and need more time (and the production was done with 24 episode in mind), it doesn't change that after 12 episodes, barely anything was achieved. 
6/10.

Jul 1, 2023 7:51 AM
Oct 2021
Surprised me, I ended up liking it more than I thought. The only anime this season that I re-watched, mostly because I wasn't as invested early on and missed some smaller details.
Jul 1, 2023 2:07 PM

Nov 2014
This is such a hidden gem. To think I nearly skipped it because of stupid title. Can't wait for S2.
Jul 1, 2023 7:37 PM

Mar 2013
MegamiRem said:
Holy shit those hands, are those gloom hands bro? Is beating Polka gonna summon phantom ganon?

The mystery intensifies and once again we are left without any answers. This entire cour seemed like a big build up and I hope we get our answers in the upcoming cour in fall. Looking forward to it.
I don't think we can outrun these hands! D:

Loved the little bit of accordion/polka music during some of the scenes, reminded me of Durarara!! Can't wait for the next cour!
Jul 3, 2023 8:29 AM

Oct 2008
okaaayyy! Things are getting out of hand! and the rat is now out of the cage! of course once all of those organizations of the modern world realized that supernatural power all of them would go nuts on acquiring that power! and this is where it gets more mayhem and chaotic stuff!
5/5.
8/10.
alright! S2 will wait for October!!!

Jul 3, 2023 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
Good watch I can say, it didnt deliver as much as the other anime i've been watching on Spring but it was fun. Now Polka will deal with the entire world trying to take his necromancy ability, was fun when they didnt know and he has to act like nothing happened, im still not sure how his invisible hands were not invisible afterwards

7/10, will watch part 2 on October
Jul 3, 2023 8:18 PM
Jul 2023
yes, ok, masterpiece
Jul 3, 2023 8:25 PM
Oct 2019
dude these last 2 episodes were turned up

all the various factions converging. corpse god's old world converging with this one. so many secrets and mysteries and hidden identities. i understand what i'm watching but i don't know what's going on at the same time

good stuff

season had a few lulls/slow spots, but pretty interesting overall. i wouldn't necessarily say "exciting", more like "mysterious"/'intriguing". and the craziest thing out of all of this is probably that we still have no idea what happened to that knight guy in the first episode haha

7/10. solid show. will definitely watch season 2
Jul 4, 2023 4:55 AM

Sep 2019
Porka should be more powerful at the last of the episode , despite the releasing the full potential it still unable to capture the people and many escaped, i am exited that the other empire people are still alive and world about the skeleton got porka in the other world.
Jul 5, 2023 6:07 AM

Jan 2014
there's a lot that I want to ask. so please, if anyone know, it's ok to spoil me.

first, who the hell is lemmings? is he really human? how is human able to deflect bullet and knife, and also infiltrate police at noon. that's not a normal human feats. 
as far as I understand, he's not really a troublemaker, he's more of a underworld assassin from Polka family. he's doing his job.

second, Corpse God said he's going to use invisible hand so no one see it. but minutes later, everyone in the upstair seeing the hand reaching them, including lemmings, solitaire, polka's bodyguard, and unknown women at the end. how?

is this world is the same as corpse god world?
I suspect this might be the same world, the only different is the time. corpse god might be living in the far past, then reincarnated in the far future where civilization already advanced and prosper. this might be the explanation for the fallen empire logo being there.

is there any otherworld aside from Corpse God?
the women at the last minute seems to know Corpse God invisible hand.
if there's some, that might be the other reason to explain as to how the logo of fallen empire is there.

at the end of series, did misaki successfully apprehend fire bug kids?
Jul 5, 2023 12:43 PM
Jan 2017
the anime is just about enjoyable but leaves much to be desired after reading the manga. 
There are animes that really elevated the source material and this is not one of them, especially with the pacing and how the director tends to protray the cast's disbelief by going all chibi on the characters. It feels off.

episode 1 and 2 are also cringe enough to ward away a lot of people. Overall, something watchable, but probably wont be a favourite of the season or the one in october
Jul 5, 2023 6:58 PM

Nov 2009
Same with others...

Didn't Polka said he was making the hands Invisible? (including when he was wrapping them... he literally said, these hands are invisible)

So why did it suddenly turn visible?

Sounds like some weird plothole here...

Or maybe Polka himself doesn't know his hands were visible when he was making them invisible.... LOL

Also, are we getting Vampires now? LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 9, 2023 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
This anime is confusing... I don´t know if they going too fast with the infos or if there are mini plot-holes along the way. 

Still, I am being able to get the gist of what is happening if I rewatch a few scenes here and then, lol

Curiously, it has been a very enjoyable anime despite all of that. 

I would rate 7.5/10
But I will round it up to 8/10 because for some reason I don´t feel like giving this anime 7/10. 
TechOtakuJul 9, 2023 11:47 AM
Jul 10, 2023 8:21 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end this first season with a rooftop scuffle and a look at several of the players on the boards reactions to it.

On the whole I liked this series, was left somewhat captivated by it. As far as my Spring 2023 Anime Season shows go it was pretty unique both stylistically and tonally. Put another way I didn't really watch many other shows like it during the season, which helped it to stand out a bit in a good way. And yet...I'm left feeling kinda frustrated by it, tbh. I can't help but have a naggingly negative opinion about one aspect of this series. That it puts style over substance to its detriment and that there really isn't much of a bigger picture. I get the feeling the author decided it would be cool to introduce a zillion fun characters and have them interacting together, which to be fair so far it has been, but doesn't really know what the hell the point of it all is. Maybe that's unfair. I'm not familiar with the source mange for this one so for all I know it could just be a side effect of this being the first half of a two season production of an ongoing series, but as I watched it all unfold I kept wondering what the point of it all was. What it was building towards. And I really don't know. Which by itself isn't a bad thing I guess. And yet...I'd like to see more cohesion, more proper plot development. Because I think the characters in the world CAN tell a good story. But so far we're still in the preliminary stages. And I do think there's probably too many characters to keep track of too. But that's a more minor quibble since I like most of them well enough sofar anyway. Solitaire's schtick was getting kinda grating by the end though, tbh. So yeah, I do greatly look forward to seeing what we get in the Fall. But I hope I have a better picture of the overall story by the end of it. Solid 7/10
Jul 12, 2023 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
That's how they end it...? That's garbage. They built up the entire show to have literally nothing happen and leave us with that? Pathetic.

Honestly, that ending was SO bad that it degraded my rating for the entire show. I would've given it like a 7.5 but with that weaksauce ending it's a 6 at most.
Jul 14, 2023 11:00 AM
Jul 2023
asavsgfqsqsfqgqg
Jul 19, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2016
This show has potential story wise but Its really confusing for me at times. Also messy ending but at least the next season is coming soon-ish.
Aug 5, 2023 5:47 PM

May 2010
Quite an interesting story and i'm going to watch p2
but...
So far it has been a mess of characters with nothing really happening and only more and more mystery being piled on. being mysterious and thickening it is fine, but what is the base of the mystery even about?
Lets take a murder mystery as an example, we have a corpse/missing-person and 1 or more clues, during the journey we find more clues and the mystery deepens.
In this show, we have nothing as a starting point and only random mysteries are thrown in. Even the symbol/empire only comes into play at the end.

The lack of the MC doing anything also takes the story down. like what did he even do at the end of ep12 beside wave hands around and likely blowing his cover. He achieved nothing these whole 12 eps. He's just as lost as he was on ep 1 and has made no active moves.
His invisible hands at. the. very. least. had some effect on lemmings, so ofc lets make them visible and uselessly wave them around......
Everyone safely left the area and he gained nothing, only detrimental outcomes. He might as well have stayed asleep.
AapjuhAug 5, 2023 5:52 PM
Sep 3, 2023 8:57 AM
May 2023
it was the best way to sett up new caracters and tell us more about the corps god
Sep 7, 2023 8:41 AM
Oct 2015
I havent been this intrigued with an Anime since PsychoPass
Sep 9, 2023 3:02 AM

Jan 2020
Well that was a pretty chill anime if I say so myself...

Someone close to the Corpse God is prolly onto him, either the Calamity Crusher or his teacher.....the could be Lemmings but Lemmings could also be one of Polka's relatives as they hide some of their faces when they showed his family tree to the best of my memory....

And I still don't give a damn about the cops...it's a shame that I don't got to see them along with Lisa and the gang dead by the Corpse God.....
Sep 16, 2023 2:29 AM

Dec 2007
Omg no offence. But I really don’t like that magician dude 🤡🤡

Sep 30, 2023 12:16 PM
Nov 2015
this anime just prove it self 12 episode format just not works.
Nov 16, 2023 4:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
too predictable and simple !
With emotions or tensión!
To be the last episode of the season, was weak!!

5/10

kekeke
Nov 28, 2023 9:51 AM

Jun 2012
It started ok, but after the a few episodes I kind of lost interest in how this show will go, I barely finished it because I couldn't understand how some kind of God from a another plain of existence could be so damn weak, all he can do is fortune telling, summon some hands and some skeletons and that's all, on the other side of the wall we have the Lemmings guy who can jump, kick, block, punch his way through almost anything like he is some kind of action hero in a world where there isn't a trace of supernatural.
Anyway the list of things that I didn't like could go on, but I will have some patience, because the first season was a way to introduce us to the story, or at least that's how it appears.
Dec 1, 2023 4:22 AM
Nov 2020
bljhxscfiow4jgoujewjgh
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

175 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by spicarie »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

66 by PrimeX »»
Mar 17, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

48 by PrimeX »»
Mar 16, 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.