Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 2023 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Holy forced drama, Batman! The "no, I'm his real daughter" argument was really dumb in its execution and kind of came out of nowhere when you think of the friendship Aoi and Eve had built up so far: I'd have expected Aoi to be happy about having a sister, if a little conflicted about the whole thing, while Eve being super-confrontational about it all just feels extremely forced and a tiny bit out of character. The bit about her renewing the rivalry works for how Eve has been characterised so far, but I don't think that argument was necessary to push things to that point at all.

And then Amane talking to Aoi's mother about Eve's true identity was comically forced, as was how Aoi's mother reacted to learning that truth.

This was just a bad, soap opera mess of an episode that relied way too much on clunky exposition and flashbacks to get anywhere. It might have worked a little better if the truth about Aoi's father wasn't revealed until after Eve and Aoi's argument.
Apr 24, 2023 11:12 PM

Sep 2022
Both Aoi and Eve really have it rough huh? Kazuhiko are both Eve AND Aoi's dad? And as much as it hurts to admit this: I agree with Aoi's mother that Aoi shouldn't get involved with Eve any further.

Holy cow both Aoi and Eve are half sisters.
Apr 25, 2023 1:20 PM

Nov 2021
Rezzurwrath said:
Both Aoi and Eve really have it rough huh? Kazuhiko are both Eve AND Aoi's dad? And as much as it hurts to admit this: I agree with Aoi's mother that Aoi shouldn't get involved with Eve any further.

But....they clearly said Aoi is Amuro's child in this episode, not Kazuhiko's

They are not related, both have different parents, Eve's are both dead and Aoi's are alive

Poor Aoi tho, everyone hides things from her
Apr 25, 2023 1:44 PM
Nov 2020
THE HYPE !!!! THE HYPE IS REAL
Apr 25, 2023 4:22 PM

Dec 2020
Considering how rude Eve was to Aoi in the rooftop scene, I wouldn't be so sure the yuri ship was saved 😂😭

Let's not forget that coach (despite his new "title/position") is still supposed to have some "thing" with the injured golf-club-president girl? 👀
Apr 25, 2023 7:29 PM

Sep 2022
LainWulf said:
Rezzurwrath said:

They are not related, both have different parents, Eve's are both dead and Aoi's are alive

I was talking about from the girls' perspective. I'm a little surprised that Aoi's mom isn't really telling Aoi the truth about who Aoi's REAL father is. Makes me wonder why Aoi's mother would lie to Aoi like that?
Apr 25, 2023 8:01 PM

Nov 2021
Rezzurwrath said:
LainWulf said:

I was talking about from the girls' perspective. I'm a little surprised that Aoi's mom isn't really telling Aoi the truth about who Aoi's REAL father is. Makes me wonder why Aoi's mother would lie to Aoi like that?

Ah i see, well Eve didn't look that thrilled tho, honestly i dunno what she actually thinks about Aoi, i don't think she dislikes her but she doesn't want to get close to her either

Because she wants her to focus on playing golf, learning that the Kazuhiko wasn't her real father when she knew him since she was born, thought she lost him in that accident etc. would most likely crushed Aoi mentally, she wants her to win and also not associating herself with Eve anymore cus Eve have problems with the mafia, well not like it is completely her fault that...
The chains kinda symbolized how much of a control she has over Aoi...not the best decision she did tho, i am sure it will backfire later and even more since she lied straight to her face
Aoi has the shortest stick here...at least Eve knows what happened, everyone else knows except Aoi, she is the only one still kept in the dark and lied to for the sake of a golf tournament
Apr 28, 2023 11:11 AM

Aug 2015
That's gotta be one of the most unhinged, insane flashbacks in anime history.
Apr 28, 2023 11:45 AM

Nov 2017
Oh that juicy drama!

I appreciate them NOT being blood related if you catch my drift 😏 Let the yuri continue!!
Apr 29, 2023 8:36 PM
May 2013
hahahahha i pick up a random sports show for the first time in a decade just for the giggles and it turns out to be a soap opera, in both the good and the bad ways.

production value is close to nothing, storyboarding plays out like a freshman project for film school, but at the end it's still captivating because of how much potential there is.

they dropped the yuribaiting at the end of this episode, but i think it'll make a comeback after the girls get back at both the amawashi clan and the mafia (it'll happen somehow). but i'll be damn pleased if it doesn't. let's not settle for a "love/friendship conquers all" trope. 

let's go for gold: make it so Eve is, indeed, just a selfish bitch that only strung Aoi along to satisfy her golfing crave. her fucked up backstory allows her to be like that. 

then, have Aoi be the whole tragic heroine package: used by her family and her love interest, dead due to inheriting her just-found-out-father's illness. there's a winged golfer on the opening, after all.

do that and this becomes a sleeper hit. get that controversy talk going! 
felipecardelApr 29, 2023 8:50 PM
May 5, 2023 1:37 PM

Oct 2017
The truth is finally out. Though Aoi's mom is not gonna let Aoi learn the truth. She's even gonna do something to Eve, ungrateful bitch.
May 6, 2023 6:38 PM
Jun 2016
what a plot twist, i didnt see it coming, very very deep history between them, and pretty much interesting, now i can realize the title... simply wow
Jun 8, 2023 2:12 PM

Aug 2021
bruuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this show is insane
for real tho, the mothers lie really hurt, shes only delaying the inevitable
and theyre gonna kidnap eve!!!! aoi gonna figure it out for real bitch this show is crazy
Jul 2, 2023 4:14 AM

Jul 2015
Just when I thought the golf was the crazy part, here we get this unexpected weird family reveal. At least the yuri shippers can now breath easily knowing Eve and Aoi aren't blood related siblings. Still curious to why Kazuhiko looked so distraught and entered that marriage contract.

Jul 9, 2023 2:24 PM
Feb 2016
Vaya esto se ha puesto muy intenso. Lo bueno, es que no son hermanas, por lo tanto no serían norteñas.

Sep 9, 2023 8:13 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, impressive degradation from bland sports anime into dumb as fuck soap opera!
I'm actually speacheless. It's so stupid, like all the cliches from anime blanded with cliches from moronic daily soap opera. You got perfect shitfest with iidiotic reactions, conveniently stupid adults and kids who talk like 40 y.o.
I can't believe it. Please play fucking golf to the end of the show, i don't want to know anything about this dad/daughter bullshit. I couldn't care less about this even if i wanted to!
Nov 21, 2023 7:54 PM
Apr 2021
PEAK PEAK PEAK PEAK
Jan 20, 8:38 PM

Oct 2022
Talk about a complicated family situation.

But, this means the yuri ship hasn't sunk yet.

Feb 10, 1:43 AM

Apr 2014
so fucked up

basically Aoi got fucked over while eve's dad got screwed over and Eve was unlucky

it all makes since why eve is as good as she is and if she was to train and such she would be the best just like her dad

while sure Aoi is good she's screwed because who her dad really is with the sickness he has and of course it got passed on to Aoi....

man that really sucks and it sucks even more that Aoi's mom keeps lying and now even in the next ep trying to pull some bs with eve.....

this is a huge twist but a welcomed one to make things interesting to say the least

now where do things go from here as the only one that cant see the truth is Aoi even though im sure she knows what the truth is but still dont want to believe it
"one step at a time"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 9, 2023

36 by Temuthril »»
Jun 19, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 2, 2023

34 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 14, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23, 2023

82 by DazeFire »»
Feb 11, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Tokoya - Jun 16, 2023

30 by DazeFire »»
Feb 11, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 26, 2023

28 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 10, 9:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.