Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 20, 2023 11:39 AM
Jan 2015
Nizamjarjin said:
Actually I watch those non action scenes at 2x speed but yeah sometimes i do skip certain scenes when it becomes unbearable because of its cringey stuff .
for eg. like When it shows characters backstory, specially daki & gyutaro and because of loudness which some people mistakes for comedy.
so it's ok if you're skipping,it won't affect the enjoyment of action sequences.

I don't know if you read the manga but I think Akaza's and Kokushibo's backstories were interesting though.
Apr 20, 2023 11:57 AM
May 2021
Dixoncider8142 said:
Im wondering if ppl actually skim through the episodes and don’t watch the whole thing at this point. I understand what’s going on so far but I’m only just gonna watch the fights bc ngl nothing interesting is happening so far throughout the whole series (story wise) the fights are good but aside from that, I just wonder if ppl genuinely feel like skimming through this series. Btw this is the first series that I’m skimming through.

"carried by animations" mfs
Apr 20, 2023 12:10 PM
Jan 2015
Dixoncider8142 said:
RopeBuny said:
You either have trouble diving into the story or you just don’t care at this point. Why even try.

Dude I’ve seen 2 seasons and a movie of this and idk I don’t feel like dropping it bc I think like I wasted my time in this series I kinda feel stuck between just skimming through it or dropping it.

I suggest you watch til the end... as the last part of the whole story is the best part. There may be some holes but KnY is still really good overall imo. I just find the final arc really good that I can't consider the earlier arcs and just accept the holes lol (although I still wish the author would make a related story to cover those). It's what I am waiting for the most in KnY to be animated. Minor spoiler alert but I think backstories in the final arc are more interesting and relevant.
Apr 20, 2023 1:59 PM
Feb 2021
Kymazaki said:
Nizamjarjin said:
Actually I watch those non action scenes at 2x speed but yeah sometimes i do skip certain scenes when it becomes unbearable because of its cringey stuff .
for eg. like When it shows characters backstory, specially daki & gyutaro and because of loudness which some people mistakes for comedy.
so it's ok if you're skipping,it won't affect the enjoyment of action sequences.
im sorry... you skip.. the backstories... atp just stop watchin the show

Do you understand how jarring it is to be so enthralled in the action of the story and how Tanjiro just killed the Upper Moon 6 and then the first 25 minutes of a 32 minute episode is just backstory for demons who’ve already died? The backstories and motives aren’t even that good story-wise, they’re just sob to be sob in a poor attempt to make the audience go “awww, poor baby, how sad that your parents died or something” without having to put in any half-decent effort at all to making the backstories compelling or pacing them correctly. If they were at least timed better they’d be better, but demon backstories interrupting fights isn’t just jarring but it becomes extremely annoying and makes getting through the series that much more of a drag
Apr 20, 2023 2:21 PM
Apr 2021
Dixoncider8142 said:
Im wondering if ppl actually skim through the episodes and don’t watch the whole thing at this point. I understand what’s going on so far but I’m only just gonna watch the fights bc ngl nothing interesting is happening so far throughout the whole series (story wise) the fights are good but aside from that, I just wonder if ppl genuinely feel like skimming through this series. Btw this is the first series that I’m skimming through.

I enjoy it, it's one of few 10/10 series that I've seen in my opinion so I don't skip... I only skipped few "ship fillers" in naruto shippuuden (I don't even skip openings and endings 😅)
Apr 20, 2023 2:23 PM
Apr 2021
marcelonbg said:
(character limit)

who is the character on the photo, I have seen it only here and in some of my friends's pfp. just wondering
Apr 20, 2023 4:30 PM
Dec 2021
Dixoncider8142 said:

BRUUUUUH 🤦‍♂️
Apr 20, 2023 7:45 PM
Feb 2022
Kymazaki said:
Nizamjarjin said:

See, i wasn't even hating but that's ds fanboy for you.
If I say I watch DS for only & only fight scenes than I'm a hater ,wow that's some logic.

no nigga, if you watch ds for just fights that's fine we don't give a shit but telling us that you skim through the episodes and basically don't watch the show is what makes absolutely no sense. Literally you could just wait until the fight clips hit youtube instead of asking dumb questions that you already know the answer to.
if I really think then seeing your profile and comments you are a obsessed newbie pile of shit.
Watch more animes and then comment about anything, nigga!!
Apr 20, 2023 7:47 PM

Aug 2020
Yea, okay Giggyuk. Clearly optimizing your time.
Keep scrolling
Apr 20, 2023 8:53 PM
Oct 2019
I only watch demon slayer when it trends on Twitter or wherever because of a big animated episode watching this show without top tier animation is like watching paint dry.
Apr 20, 2023 9:55 PM
Jul 2020
why even watch the show at that point? just watch the action scenes when they're posted on YouTube
Apr 20, 2023 10:13 PM

Apr 2016
I don't blame you for skimming through. The story is boring and the comedy is one of the worst I've ever seen, the only good thing about this show is the beautiful animation. I don't even remember almost everything that happened in the other seasons. I still watch the entire episode tho but now I'm starting to wonder why
Apr 20, 2023 10:47 PM
Nov 2018
Who the fuck actually does that?
Apr 20, 2023 11:05 PM
Jun 2021
Dixoncider8142 said:
Struggler-kun said:

as bland and simple the demon slayer story and the dialogues are I think it's still a good watch , for now I guess.
though I hope the flashy fights start soon

Kinda interesting to see that you think that the dialogue is better than the story, for me it’s the other way around. The dialogue is the thing that gets me bored in ds not the story, although the story is predictable.

no i think both are equally bland , but dialogues are cringe asf. the story would've been a bit interesting to me if I was living under the rock and didn't know who kokushibo and Yoriichi were , but this shitty Fandom just ruined it for m3 and probably many by making those kenjiro tsuda's blueford voice with kokushibo reels and edits . At a point every 4th reel or YouTube recommendation was "LEAKED: kenjiro tsuda is kokushibo's VA" , badass character badass VA etc etc bullshit .

I was so happy when they cast byakuya's VA and didn't give 2 fucks about what the Fandom wanted.
Apr 20, 2023 11:22 PM
Jun 2022
Sanjii_1234 said:
Kymazaki said:

no nigga, if you watch ds for just fights that's fine we don't give a shit but telling us that you skim through the episodes and basically don't watch the show is what makes absolutely no sense. Literally you could just wait until the fight clips hit youtube instead of asking dumb questions that you already know the answer to.
if I really think then seeing your profile and comments you are a obsessed newbie pile of shit.
ive watched a shit ton of old and new shit but you wouldnt know that since u dont know me
so how about next time you stalk my profile you read the literal first set of text at the very top, nigga!!
Apr 21, 2023 12:08 AM
Sep 2022
I get that Demon Slayer isn't that great storywise, but don't skip it; instead, watch it in 2 speed.
Apr 21, 2023 4:02 AM
Jan 2023
bro that crow from the new episode finna make me do this too if i have to here that annoying voice again, also skimming is such a weird thing like ofc the story aint that interesting ur literally getting the cliff notes version of a story that was mid to begin with (dont get me wrong is not a bad series, like the animation is to die for)
Apr 21, 2023 10:43 AM

Aug 2020
Rudysus_greyrat said:
why even watch the show at that point? just watch the action scenes when they're posted on YouTube

Bc if I drop it, it’s gonna feel like I wasted my time watching the series. I want to watch it but I just find the dialogue to be boring and not important for most of the time, I can’t even say that I can watch it bc of the characters neither bc I can’t relate to them and they don’t have personality. I value my time and most of these episodes feel like a waste of time to the point where I just want to see the fights and the build up that leads to those fights. I can’t stand the dialogue.
Apr 21, 2023 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
SatouMatsuzaka said:
Who the fuck actually does that?

I have never done this with a series until now w ds.
Apr 21, 2023 10:51 AM

Aug 2020
Radu22 said:
Dixoncider8142 said:

"carried by animations" mfs

I mean… it kinda is idk how ppl relate to the characters or have any interest in them, also the dialogue is not even interesting. I’m not really at the edge of my seat in every episode and neither do I enjoy every episode to give it a 10/10. I only watched it bc of the fights. I only watch it bc of the fights and I think they’re good but like the series as a whole is mid at best ngl. Idk how u guys rate ur anime but Ik my criterias when it comes to rating anime.
Apr 21, 2023 1:06 PM

Aug 2020
Dannyoo said:
Dixoncider8142 said:

So we’re just not interested in character development then? Mental haha
Dude you do know that every single character in ds is not even interesting right? if you actually relate to these characters then your personality is probably boring/bland as theirs. btw none of these characters have changed yet and even if they did I wouldn't really feel anything for them.
filthyfrank8142Apr 21, 2023 2:52 PM
Apr 21, 2023 1:41 PM

May 2018
I don't, but sometimes I multitask while watching something I don't really care all that much, and I've already watched some parts of some specific shows at 1.5 and 2.0 speed, although this is quite rare. Never really happened with Demon Slayer, but I do multitask sometimes. Yes, it's kinda boring, nothing happens, there's no plot, but that's Demon Slayer for the most part, the build up in this series is always below average, not particularly terrible but is not something I look forward to watch.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 21, 2023 2:41 PM
Apr 2023
I never do this I just drop shows that a too boring like kny.
It just means you are no longer 12 years old and should rewatch Yuru Yuri.
Apr 21, 2023 3:23 PM

Apr 2019
I sometimes rewind when they start that childish humor or when Zenitsu starts screaming.

Apr 21, 2023 3:31 PM

Sep 2020
Dixoncider8142 said:
You seem like a smart customer, I would just look up highlights though if you care that much.
Apr 21, 2023 4:40 PM
Jul 2020
Dixoncider8142 said:
Rudysus_greyrat said:

Bc if I drop it, it’s gonna feel like I wasted my time watching the series. I want to watch it but I just find the dialogue to be boring and not important for most of the time, I can’t even say that I can watch it bc of the characters neither bc I can’t relate to them and they don’t have personality. I value my time and most of these episodes feel like a waste of time to the point where I just want to see the fights and the build up that leads to those fights. I can’t stand the dialogue.

Do you even hear yourself? You're gonna watch something you are not enjoying because you feel some kind of stupid obligation to do so and that is not a waste of time . But if you drop the show and do something else or watch something else it would be a waste of time.
Apr 21, 2023 6:54 PM

Aug 2020
Rudysus_greyrat said:
Dixoncider8142 said:

Do you even hear yourself? You're gonna watch something you are not enjoying because you feel some kind of stupid obligation to do so and that is not a waste of time . But if you drop the show and do something else or watch something else it would be a waste of time.
U don't get my point. U do know what skim through something means right? if anything I think you sound stupid I still understand what's happening so far in this season despite me skimming through the first 2 episodes and I don't feel like dropping it bc I've seen 2 seasons and a movie already, I would just feel like I watched all of that for nothing btw I only enjoy the fights and I still want to watch the upcoming fights of this season so, I'm still kinda committed for the buildups of the fights and the actual fights. If I search up a fight from a new episode I won't be able to see the full fight, It would only show like a 1-2 minute clip so I'll most likely have to watch the full episode regardless. 
Apr 21, 2023 8:17 PM
Jul 2020
Dixoncider8142 said:
Rudysus_greyrat said:

U don't get my point. U do know what skim through something means right? if anything I think you sound stupid I still understand what's happening so far in this season despite me skimming through the first 2 episodes and I don't feel like dropping it bc I've seen 2 seasons and a movie already, I would just feel like I watched all of that for nothing btw I only enjoy the fights and I still want to watch the upcoming fights of this season so, I'm still kinda committed for the buildups of the fights and the actual fights. If I search up a fight from a new episode I won't be able to see the full fight, It would only show like a 1-2 minute clip so I'll most likely have to watch the full episode regardless. 

you are right , i don't get your point at all. so let's just agree to disagree
Apr 21, 2023 8:46 PM

Oct 2019
I hate the characters of demon slayer, and think the story is generic as fuck...

but that's blasphemy you can't just skip through the anime lmao
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 22, 2023 12:12 AM

May 2021
Why even watch the anime if you're not going to enjoy the entire of it? Just drop it instead.

Apr 22, 2023 1:38 AM

May 2009
Speedwatchers are cancer.
Apr 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Apr 2020
Sure, do that with all of your Anime and you're not only completely wasting you time, not enjoying the stuff you do, but you also will never know what you're actually talking about - when discussing Anime in the forums.... Of course you will still make Threads, tho xD....

Well played.
Apr 22, 2023 4:38 AM
Aug 2022
you must have a really bad attention span if ur skipping for only fights. if u want to only see fights watch dbz if you havent yet. the actual story makes fight scenes better, makes u actually understand why theyre fighting etc.
Apr 22, 2023 5:01 AM

Aug 2020
Toilet_Paper00 said:
you must have a really bad attention span if ur skipping for only fights. if u want to only see fights watch dbz if you havent yet. the actual story makes fight scenes better, makes u actually understand why theyre fighting etc.

My attention span is good dude if my attention span was low I wouldn’t even watch slice of life anime. but i kinda lost my patience with ds I already know what to expect. Also dbz is kinda boring ngl, hasn’t aged well.
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 AM
Feb 2022
Kymazaki said:
Sanjii_1234 said:
ive watched a shit ton of old and new shit but you wouldnt know that since u dont know me
so how about next time you stalk my profile you read the literal first set of text at the very top, nigga!!
ok white cavey pussy
But still you comment like a shit so it changes nothing.
You are a fatherless shit.
Apr 22, 2023 10:11 AM
Dec 2022
Kymazaki said:
Dixoncider8142 said:
yeahhh... i think you might just be one of the craziest people ive seen in a demon slayer thread

Yo just wait, the fighting scenes are coming soon in this week's episode (I read manga).
Basically, 95% of the upcoming episodes needs concentration and the remaining 5% is backstory.
So don't worry mate 👍.
Apr 22, 2023 10:13 AM

Aug 2020
MinkJinx said:
Kymazaki said:
yeahhh... i think you might just be one of the craziest people ive seen in a demon slayer thread

Yo just wait, the fighting scenes are coming soon in this week's episode (I read manga).
Basically, 95% of the upcoming episodes needs concentration and the remaining 5% is backstory.
So don't worry mate 👍.

Now I’ll watch the entire episode for that upcoming fight.
Apr 22, 2023 10:26 AM
Dec 2022
Dixoncider8142 said:
MinkJinx said:

So don't worry mate 👍.

Now I’ll watch the entire episode for that upcoming fight.

Yeah man have fun watching things get escalated to a whole new level in the whole series 😄.
Apr 22, 2023 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
I roll my eyes at the fanservice and failed comedic attempts but these don't even fill 10% of the episode so... you should just drop it.
[ Insert signature here ]
Apr 22, 2023 2:18 PM

Dec 2019
And this folks, is how we get people who give shows low scores because they skipped through potentially important parts of the story.

I've seen people who skip through any episodes of One Piece where Usopp is the titular focus and then claim that Usopp is a terrible character with no development (because they fucking skipped all that development). This is how we get delusional takes. Don't skip shit, watch it in its entirety.
Apr 22, 2023 9:23 PM

Aug 2020
TheAngryNerd said:
And this folks, is how we get people who give shows low scores because they skipped through potentially important parts of the story.

I've seen people who skip through any episodes of One Piece where Usopp is the titular focus and then claim that Usopp is a terrible character with no development (because they fucking skipped all that development). This is how we get delusional takes. Don't skip shit, watch it in its entirety.

I’m skimming through it, not necessarily skipping it. Like I didn’t skip like every 5 mins of the episode yk. If anything it took me 5-10 mins to skim through it, and to be fair even if I skimmed through these first 2 episodes, I still understood what happened so far. I’ll most likely watch the full episode tm since there’s gonna be a fight.
Apr 23, 2023 7:14 PM

Aug 2019
If I constantly feel the need to skim through the episode because I'm not finding it that interesting, then I usually just drop it.  The actual battles cook way less if you aren't invested in the rest of it.

With Demon Slayer, it offers me just enough story between battles to keep me interested and not feel the need to skim.
xenosysApr 23, 2023 7:18 PM
Apr 23, 2023 7:18 PM

Aug 2020
xenosys said:
If I constantly feel the need to skim through the episode because I'm not finding it that interesting, then I usually just drop it.  The actual battles cook way less if you aren't invested in the rest of it.

With Demon Slayer, it offers me just enough story between battles to keep me interested.

I’m invested only in the fights the rest I don’t really care tbh
Apr 23, 2023 7:21 PM

Aug 2019
Dixoncider8142 said:
xenosys said:

With Demon Slayer, it offers me just enough story between battles to keep me interested.

Each to their own, and I suppose it can depend on the anime as well.  God of Highschool for example ... you can basically skip what happens between the fights because it adds nothing to the show anyway.

Some other poster on here skims through Attack on Titan, which is ridiculous given most of the important dialogue and development actually happens between battles.
Apr 23, 2023 7:36 PM
May 2017
Nah, I don't, but I could understand why you would. There are a lot more pointless scenes in this arc than the previous one. I only watch it all incase there may be something worth paying attention to, that may be important later. Probably not though, because this isn't attack on titan where there is plot point nearly every other scene
Apr 23, 2023 7:38 PM

Aug 2020
xenosys said:
Dixoncider8142 said:

Each to their own, and I suppose it can depend on the anime as well.  God of Highschool for example ... you can basically skip what happens between the fights because it adds nothing to the show anyway.

Some other poster on here skims through Attack on Titan, which is ridiculous given most of the important dialogue and development actually happens between battles.

I get god of hs but aot? That’s kind of ridiculous that’s more story driven.
Apr 23, 2023 9:29 PM
Dec 2020
TikTok has really fucked up the attention span of you all
Apr 23, 2023 9:43 PM

Jun 2016
Well whole plot is fight demons, train, fight stronger demons. Rinse and Repeat. Also it's pretty much established most watch this show for the animation and the fights. 
Whole Red Light District is 80% fight, 10% Gag, 10% Story/Fanservice. 
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Apr 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Aug 2020
Perseus40 said:
TikTok has really fucked up the attention span of you all

Unironically i don’t use tiktok bc I think it’s kind of cringe ngl. Anyway the anime is just that boring the dialogue makes this show suffer it’s not interesting and nothing is happening so far.
Apr 24, 2023 6:50 AM

Aug 2020
Rudysus_greyrat said:

Bc if I watch it on yt then it’s not gonna show the full fight it’s only gonna show a 1-2 minute clip and I want to see the buildup of the fight and the fight itself.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.