New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 3, 2023 4:26 PM

Sep 2020
bro you gotta be watching a different show if you can't see this is peak
Apr 3, 2023 4:30 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
It's been very good to me since I am not an action scene maniac who has attention span of a goldfish

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 3, 2023 4:43 PM
Aug 2019
just wait for the fire bro, after the 12 ep you'll get that hype back 🔥
Apr 3, 2023 4:44 PM
Nov 2021
Season 1 was so amazing… but season 2 is at best an OK anime, how this season is getting more than 8 in MAL is just beyond me. And yes it is sooo boring…
Apr 3, 2023 5:04 PM

Oct 2014
FkinLady said:
LinkcarioX said:
It's already amazing, it's just that it's not a violence display like S1.

That's why season one was good 😅 I was so excited to start season 2 but then....no action. Figured I'd give it a few episodes.....still nothing. Fell off hard for me personally :/
If all you want from a show is action then you should probably stick to watching Marvel and mediocre shonen. Anything with maturity, nuance, and a story to tell beyond flashy colors and dynamic camera angles is not for you. If you think season 2 is boring, you literally missed the entire point of season 1 and did not understand any of the themes or character development that were set up
Apr 3, 2023 5:13 PM

Feb 2022
Just drop it, Vinland Saga isn't for you. 
Apr 3, 2023 6:12 PM
Jan 2017
its been good wdym, do people just shut their brain off on these kinds of story.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Apr 3, 2023 6:35 PM
Jan 2021
Haters gonna hate
Apr 3, 2023 7:16 PM
Oct 2021
vitor03 said:
bro wtf are u mean "when its getting good" are u a woman?

I am....hence, my name. [character limit]
FkinLadyApr 3, 2023 7:19 PM
Apr 3, 2023 7:42 PM
Oct 2019
FkinLady said:
Omar3367 said:
Season 2 is so fucking good already. I don't know what you're talking about

Every episode is them just bullshitting around in a farm, though. Season one was so good with the action and now it's.....this.

I also love anime with lot's of action like the 1st season of Vinland. I was aware of the farmland arc before this season aired so I can understand why people are disappointed with the lack of action, especially if that is what encouraged them to pick up the anime in the first place. It's just not what the story is about, and it just might not be you're thing. The anime may be lacking action now but the story and character development is probably one of the best I have seen. It's a phenomenal show and I absolutely love it.

I would reccomend watching Gigguk's interview with the creator of Vinland Saga. He has a condensed video on his main channel and the full interview on his 2nd channel.
Apr 3, 2023 9:55 PM
Jun 2021
FkinLady said:
Does Vinland Saga Season 2 ever get good? Season 1 was soooo good and I'm halfway through episode 8 of season 2 now and it's just about farmland the whole time so far.....

It was never about the fights.It was about the first lesson thors taught.
If you want understand the story,watch gigguk interview of the author
Neutral_07Apr 3, 2023 10:03 PM
Apr 3, 2023 10:01 PM
Jan 2021
samsince04 said:
Blazzor said:
This is not a Shonen, shallow action lovers beware.
Mf almost all your favorites are Shounen series. It just looks like you sprinkled Vinland saga and Fruits basket there for balance. Would you describe Naruto as a "shallow action" series or does it not delve into much deeper themes? Kind of an ignorant statement to make tbh but not surprising coming from a Vinland Saga fan.

Bruh stfu he's right. Naruto is shallow action.. And it does not even have much deeper themes compared to vinland d saga. Kind of a stupid statement coming from a naruto fan
Apr 3, 2023 10:56 PM

Dec 2019
It always has been good, it's all about the development 
Apr 3, 2023 10:57 PM
May 2017
this shit is tight already, you have to look at it from a different perspective bro. This season is largely about character growth 1st, violence 2nd
Apr 3, 2023 11:05 PM

May 2017
If you didn't like it so far, you should probably drop it. From Farmland on, the whole story is way slower and takes more time for dialogue and character focused topics. There will be action of course, but S1 is pretty differenf from the rest of the story. It is definitely not a show that will pump you with adrenaline each episode. And thats exactly the reason why I love it.
Apr 4, 2023 1:17 AM

Sep 2020
AishaBi said:
samsince04 said:
Mf almost all your favorites are Shounen series. It just looks like you sprinkled Vinland saga and Fruits basket there for balance. Would you describe Naruto as a "shallow action" series or does it not delve into much deeper themes? Kind of an ignorant statement to make tbh but not surprising coming from a Vinland Saga fan.

Bruh stfu he's right. Naruto is shallow action.. And it does not even have much deeper themes compared to vinland d saga. Kind of a stupid statement coming from a naruto fan
lol you must've been watching a different show. I never said Naruto explores themes that are deeper than Vinland Saga. It's not a competition and it is incredibly subjective.. at least to people who watched Naruto with common sense. It's just crazy to me that people exist that would describe Naruto as "shallow action". Naruto explored themes such as hard work over talent, persistence no matter the adversity. Even redemption which seems to be a big theme of Vinland Saga was also explored in Naruto.... in literally the first serious arc! You can have your opinions on Naruto but saying it's a shallow action because it is shounen has to be up there as one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen on this site.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Apr 4, 2023 1:28 AM

Sep 2020
Blazzor said:
samsince04 said:
I've been watching anime for 15 +years of course the classics from my childhood are going to be on there lmao. And my statement is spot on, literally everyone is complaining that there's no action and are completely ignoring the themes. This is a seinin anime,action is the side piece to the overall plot.
If these are all the anime from your childhood, it makes it even worse. I can't believe there are actual Naruto fans who are glad to call Naruto a "shallow action". You don't stay relevant in the anime business...nay the show business for this long by being a shallow action show. It's crazy how Vinland Saga fans force this narrative in your throat that every seinen series has action as a "side piece". But that's not a topic I care about discussing because I know it obviously isn't true. It's kinda like saying all shounen involves fights, the demographic is way more dynamic than that.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Apr 4, 2023 2:31 AM

Nov 2008
Probably not.

The main character has been an emotional, violent, ptsd-ridden, spiritually deprived and humiliated train wreck for the last 13 years of his life.

He is so depressed that he doesn't even flinch for a second after some asshole starts cutting up his body for no reason.

And he somehow manages to get out of his depression because of a fucking dream.

Thorfinn's character development and spiritual growth was obviously something beyond the capability of Yukimura's writing.

It simply doesn't get more disappointing than this.
Apr 4, 2023 3:10 AM

May 2021
FkinLady said:
Does Vinland Saga Season 2 ever get good? Season 1 was soooo good and I'm halfway through episode 8 of season 2 now and it's just about farmland the whole time so far.....

well the violence and war was more the introduction and world building to give everything more meaning. from now on its all slow paced with a lot of dialogue and character development.
if you expect something like season 1 I'm sorry to disappoint you. because from now on it's more a post war drama.
Apr 4, 2023 8:12 AM
Aug 2021
What are you saying?! It's awesome right now!! The characters' development had so much impact in myself and got me reflecting on myself and my decisions
Apr 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Apr 2015
I myself am halfway through second season and I'll admit with a smidge of shame that I was really turned off by the very shallow allegory of the first two episodes, but then I slept on it a bit and gained appreciation for it. The misunderstanding in question isn't made by the design of the show itself rather my own poor memory and need of a reminder of the particulars of season 1, is something I felt needed to be pointed out.

But to bluntly answer your question "Does seaons 2 ever get good?": others have already given you the answer. The adaption of Vinland saga is something I have come to treasure a lot as I watched and keep watching this season. I again need to admit with embarrassment that I found season 1 to be cliched to an extent given the premise and execution, my apprehension toward season 2 as a result. The reason for my change of stance is the consequence of a very honest and "beautiful in its simplicity" turnaround the show made and it is through this tonal shift and narrative expansion that the show vindicated itself in my eyes. Lastly, I have come to enjoy season 1 more now with the benefit of hindsight.
Apr 4, 2023 8:44 AM
Mar 2023
From Vinland Saga to Farmland Saga lol
Apr 4, 2023 10:04 AM

Sep 2021
No it won't, drop it and just stick with your sword art online.
Apr 4, 2023 11:04 AM
Jan 2021
samsince04 said:
AishaBi said:

lol you must've been watching a different show. I never said Naruto explores themes that are deeper than Vinland Saga. It's not a competition and it is incredibly subjective.. at least to people who watched Naruto with common sense. It's just crazy to me that people exist that would describe Naruto as "shallow action". Naruto explored themes such as hard work over talent, persistence no matter the adversity. Even redemption which seems to be a big theme of Vinland Saga was also explored in Naruto.... in literally the first serious arc! You can have your opinions on Naruto but saying it's a shallow action because it is shounen has to be up there as one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen on this site.

Cry about it.. Naruto is shallow action with plenty of plot holes and talk no jutsu in it.. Also the filters... Yukkk
Apr 4, 2023 11:48 AM

Jun 2016
nooo its so so boring !!!

wtf season 2 is all about how to farm !!

season 1 is way way better !!!
Apr 4, 2023 1:20 PM

May 2016
shounen fans when they watch an anime without violence and fighting:

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
MAL Graph

Apr 4, 2023 2:13 PM

Aug 2022

FkinLady said:
LinkcarioX said:

That's why season one was good 😅 I was so excited to start season 2 but then....no action. Figured I'd give it a few episodes.....still nothing. Fell off hard for me personally :/
I mean It's a series about pacifism and how violence only begets more violence so if it just stuck to showing nothing but violence it would really fail at executing it's themes.
Apr 4, 2023 2:38 PM

Apr 2020
What you actually want is a neverending Season 1 , with nonstop action.

Doesn't make for a good Story....but I get why you would want that^^
This Season isn't for you.
Apr 4, 2023 6:36 PM
Feb 2022
samsince04 said:
Blazzor said:
I've been watching anime for 15 +years of course the classics from my childhood are going to be on there lmao. And my statement is spot on, literally everyone is complaining that there's no action and are completely ignoring the themes. This is a seinin anime,action is the side piece to the overall plot.
If these are all the anime from your childhood, it makes it even worse. I can't believe there are actual Naruto fans who are glad to call Naruto a "shallow action". You don't stay relevant in the anime business...nay the show business for this long by being a shallow action show. It's crazy how Vinland Saga fans force this narrative in your throat that every seinen series has action as a "side piece". But that's not a topic I care about discussing because I know it obviously isn't true. It's kinda like saying all shounen involves fights, the demographic is way more dynamic than that.
just shut up with your friendship and fuckshit themes
If you need anime for these assy childish themes then your life is not going well shitass.
And that redemption theme which Naruto followed is following by every 2nd shounen.
From all good shounen man chose Naruto for comparison with Vinland saga lol, that's the most ignorant thing I have seen on this site lmao.
Sanjii_1234Apr 4, 2023 6:42 PM
Apr 5, 2023 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
KanataX said:
let me help you phrase it properly "is there going to be more action like s1 because i can't enjoy character development without constant fighting going on"

THIS, there's nothing wrong with liking the first season just for it's action but you should try to understand the meaning of the series
Apr 5, 2023 4:25 AM

Apr 2016
If the arc isn't grabbing you now, then you might as well just drop this season as it's not getting any "better".
Apr 5, 2023 5:58 AM
Nov 2016
Is this anime horrible? no, is it overrated? yes, we are halfway through the anime and I'm not impressed with this season but it does have a few good episodes which I liked and they are the Canute episodes, this season is simply a lot better without the main characters in it, why? I'm just bored of that farming shit already and I want this to move on, I swear to god, I don't want to see another episode with fucking cows and cutting lumbers and shit, I thought we were past that shit already but I saw that same shit in episode 13, goddamn, can we please move on from that shit?

That being said, it will probably get good now (hopefully) since shit is about to hit the fan and this is the moment I'm waiting for.
Apr 5, 2023 7:23 AM

Apr 2019
FkinLady said:

Naa, Midland Saga will always be mid. Go watch peak anime like Demon Slayer instead. Peak anime like Demon Slayer will make you forget about this mid.
Apr 5, 2023 8:52 AM

Apr 2022
Anime onlies be like:
To toxic fans: Atleast wait for an anime season to end before you go on tantrum.
Apr 5, 2023 9:59 AM

Nov 2018
FkinLady said:
If you just want action then drop Vinland Saga already. It's not meant for one dimensional anime fans who only watch action like you. Go rewatch Naruto or something and stop spouting nonsense
Apr 5, 2023 2:38 PM
Nov 2015
FkinLady said:
LinkcarioX said:

Man... you're the kind of person the author was afraid of when he wrote that arc.
Vinland Saga is not a series about action; it's a series that uses action and brutal violence as a means to tell a story. Not every series need action and violence to be good, and Vinland Saga S1 was not good because of that.
Apr 5, 2023 8:47 PM

Aug 2015
Season 2 is miles better than S1. You just like to see mindless action.

You should go watch a regular shonen like Fairy Tail or Nanatsu. It might be more appealing to you.
Apr 6, 2023 12:37 AM

Jan 2021
Its good from the day one, Now Its just getting peak,how would have feel for the Farm in the upcoming war if they hadn't showed developed the farm and the characters within it?
How will mangaka make you feel for Thorfinn's pacifissm and challange his ideology in the upcomg war if it wasn't explained and expored properly?....Saying is wasn't good means you only likes to watch shows that are on a constant hype, Vinland Saga isn't for you, drop it.
Apr 6, 2023 12:51 AM
Jul 2022
It started out excellent and it’s even better now.
Apr 6, 2023 1:20 AM
Mar 2021
FkinLady said:
I'm halfway through episode 8 of season 2 now and it's just about farmland the whole time so far.....
did you never get the point of the prologue
Apr 6, 2023 3:12 AM
Sep 2014
Why is this slice of life tagged as action? By the way, for all the s1 enjoyers, best to drop this and watch Jigokuraku.
Apr 6, 2023 5:41 AM

Aug 2020
I'm someone who enjoys and appreciates all sorts or different anime (see my list). But i gotta be honest that i still can't see what's so goated about Vinland Saga ever since s1. It's a decent show i'll give it that but not even aoty worthy let alone all-time.
Apr 6, 2023 8:21 AM
Dec 2020
I think season 2 has pacing problems like, it either goes way too fast or way too slow.
As someone who had a hard time watching 1st half of S1, I think S2 is neither better nor worse than that due to it being S1 counterpart in the SoL type of genre.

The sudden change in the genre is what's pissing most people off, I guess after this arc Thorfinn realises "True warrior" and such things, then he finally comes back to the battlefield.
So ig you can continue to watch it.
Apr 6, 2023 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
There will be more action but i doubt the directing will get any better. The pacing of the manga was solid but in the anime they stretched it out for the sake of it. It feels 3 times longer.
Apr 6, 2023 4:38 PM

Aug 2012
Let's hope that by the end of this arc all the action junkies drop the series already, we don't need the same stupid complaint for the remaining 2 arcs.

Apr 7, 2023 12:55 PM

Mar 2021
interest has pretty much fallen off and many people cannot cite proper evidence to defend this being peak fiction.
vinland saga threads are just becoming as bad as spy x family threads where people will not admit that the show sucked, and point fingers at other shows, until after cour 2 is over and nothing happened.

they are clearly trying to drag this series longer than it should and a lot of adults are not going to want to sit through it. Season 1 was good since it got a lot done in 24 episodes. Season 2 is the opposite. You don't know how many people are bitch on reddit that the show fell below top 10 on anime like what happened to tensura
icefirestone23Apr 7, 2023 1:07 PM
Apr 7, 2023 7:14 PM
Aug 2022
icefirestone23 said:
You don't know how many people are bitch on reddit that the show fell below top 10 on anime like what happened to tensura
I'm sorry but what are you talking about lol
Apr 7, 2023 9:11 PM
Feb 2022
xZabuzax said:
Is this anime horrible? no, is it overrated? yes, we are halfway through the anime and I'm not impressed with this season but it does have a few good episodes which I liked and they are the Canute episodes, this season is simply a lot better without the main characters in it, why? I'm just bored of that farming shit already and I want this to move on, I swear to god, I don't want to see another episode with fucking cows and cutting lumbers and shit, I thought we were past that shit already but I saw that same shit in episode 13, goddamn, can we please move on from that shit?

That being said, it will probably get good now (hopefully) since shit is about to hit the fan and this is the moment I'm waiting for.
bro this ain't gonna get better

Like I am myself a Big fan for this arc it's wayy better than any of the anime for me this year.(Its one of the best arc , some mangakas can't even think to this level)

But what you are expecting is never gonna happen in this arc.
I won't rant how people can't understand what this show was from the start and how they want the same thing everytime with nothing good or meaningful because this is what I was expecting from season 1 like it was treat fro such Fans but when this part comes, the actual good part, ahhh fuck it off
I am happy enjoying it with Vinland saga fanbase(still I was on hopium that people will atleast try to understand)
Apr 8, 2023 12:17 AM
Nov 2016
Sanjii_1234 said:
xZabuzax said:

bro this ain't gonna get better

Like I am myself a Big fan for this arc it's wayy better than any of the anime for me this year.(Its one of the best arc , some mangakas can't even think to this level)

But what you are expecting is never gonna happen in this arc.
I won't rant how people can't understand what this show was from the start and how they want the same thing everytime with nothing good or meaningful because this is what I was expecting from season 1 like it was treat fro such Fans but when this part comes, the actual good part, ahhh fuck it off
I am happy enjoying it with Vinland saga fanbase(still I was on hopium that people will atleast try to understand)

I'm not a fan of S1 either, I don't really care about the "action" scenes at all, I just want a good story or at least see something interesting happening, the Canute episodes are not necessarily "action" episodes and I enjoyed it because those episodes at least got something interesting happening in them, however, this farming shit barely have interesting stuff happening in it IMHO, I feel like I'm still watching the same crap I've been watching since the beginning of this season and I really want this to move on.

If this ain't gonna get better then I'm already worried, I'm a patient man but I don't have any more patience for this farming shit, that being said, I won't drop this season, I will obviously finish it since I hate dropping animes and this season is not that horrible to make me drop it either.

I've been shitting on this season a lot but I did praise the Canute episodes or the episodes that didn't have the main characters in them, I can still praise the remaining episodes and I can still end up loving this season as long as I don't see more cows, cutting lumbers or farming shit. I just want this season to move on.
Apr 11, 2023 5:14 PM

Apr 2015
vinland saga was never meant to be about historical viking war anime,it's just happen the setting is in medieval viking era,so you're going to see wars here n there. 
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2023

173 by phantom346 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

168 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

492 by Katzanmira »»
Jun 15, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2023

158 by FarCritical »»
Jun 14, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2023

195 by FarCritical »»
Jun 14, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.