Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 24, 2023 4:53 PM

Oct 2017
Gotta disagree there. The writers removed the obstacle that was Miri's mother because it was convinient. It's not good writting imo.
Mar 24, 2023 4:53 PM
Feb 2019
shit happens, :( great ep tho
Mar 24, 2023 5:05 PM
Jun 2022
st1ka said:
Gotta disagree there. The writers removed the obstacle that was Miri's mother because it was convinient. It's not good writting imo.
Sorry, you misunderstood me (English isn't my first language). What I meant is that it would be a way for the writers to satisfy all the audiences: giving a happy ending with a bit of realistic stuff as they declared many times: "it will be realistic", etc
Mar 24, 2023 5:06 PM

Oct 2017
Sorry, said:
alecryn
Gotta said:
st1ka

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, I suppose that's true. Still not happy with the execution, but oh well. It doesn't ruin the show or anything, just more of a snag really.
Mar 24, 2023 5:13 PM
Oct 2019
Damn back to back sad episode??? come on man.

This episode broke me again...

wow this episode made me cry for the mother (which i really hate her at first).. even though she was a shitty person but she regret what she doing all this time and want to make Miri happy again.
I think that's what got me the most.

Miri gonna be traumatized her whole life when she found out what happen with her parents.
Miri didn't deserve all of this.

One more episode left, please be happy ending.
I can't keep crying again.
Mar 24, 2023 5:16 PM
Sep 2020
I thought this show would go SxF route, being chilled out, lighthearted and funny although the violence setting, but I respect PA Works a lot for how real shit went down. Great show nonetheless.
Mar 24, 2023 5:23 PM

Dec 2016
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Warning: This is a rant.

Wtf is this episode???

Miri's mom was killed off so our main duo would reunite with Miri, that's the whole reason why it happened. Lazy ass writing! Hooray, now there's no "obstacles" for the MCs to be with Miri! You got to be kidding...

Isn't Kazuki supposed to be a pro btw? Not only did he hesitate to shoot a guy who wants to assassinate a mother and a child, but he also got owned by said assassin, who could've killed him multiple times (with ease) but didn't for BS reasons (plot-convenience and lazy writing). Imagine an assassin not killing his defenseless targets and basically failing his mission (btw the order came from the head of assassin family, so no fear of punishment for failure???) because cops arrived??? BRUH! Kazuki looked like a complete amateur! It's like he knew of plot-armor existing and didn't even try to fight back properly. It's not like Miri's life was on the line, right? Pathetic...

Killing Miri's mom just made this show so lame and dumb. This is supposed to be "action-comedy", wtf? Her having cancer wasn't enough? Try-hard BS drama...

It's just awful... I mean, Miri's mom's body is likely not even cold yet, and Kazuki with a usual smile already proclaims, "Yeah, we're gonna be a real family now!" WTF???
That's what happens when you force drama and rush the plot - The show turns to total shit-fest!

Are the two planning to lie to Miri about her mom from now on? And what about her irrelevant dad? That topic will also resurface eventually.
"We assassinated your shitty father, and your mom GOT KILLED because Rei's dad didn't like his assassin son getting attached to you. But we do love you, so sorry? lelz". No matter the age, Miri will be BROKEN. The betrayal, the lies - this is just so tragic for her. And just to remind you, this is a comedy show, lol! No way this can have a happy ending. I mean, I can imagine some BS sugarcoating when it comes to Miri forgiving the duo, but the ED will no longer feel the same. Playing cheerfully ED with smiling Miri is now a slap in the face. Fuck this shit.

Hurr durr, bad writing, lazy wiring just because I say so hurr durr.

For starters, just because Kazuki is a profesional hitman doesn't mean he should be completely flawless. Most of the series it showed that Rei was "the muscle" in this team and did most of the dirty job while Kazuki was "the brains". You can argue as much as you want that they were a lousy team, but that doesn't equate to your lousy "bad writing" rant being right. Secondly both Kazuki and Rei haven't been doing "hit jobs" lately because Kyo-chan had them on just surveilance and recognizance jobs since they slacked off and lost some rep due to being full time parents. Any professional player (pick whatever sport you want) will lose skill if they don't do any practice in a long time, same concept applies to the killing business both Rei and Kazuki live off. Regarding the continuation on your angry rant about Kazuki's plot armor and his inability to react towards the imminent danger of an assassin arriving at Miri's house, it's nothing but absolutely horseshit. People under duress don't react the same as regular people under normal circunstances. It's not some sort of on/off switch that you can simply switch and you become an unkillable and flawless killing machine. Even trained cops and army corps can freeze up if they have to react on a last minute call on duty.

Regarding the point that action comedy shouldn't have any deaths is just pure BS. Please, show me this book of rules that state that action comedies should leave character deaths out. I can easily think of a couple of live action comedy movies that involved deaths as plot points, such as Kickass, Zombieland, or Shaun of the Dead. Anime isn't stray to this concept, we even had Akiba Maid War last season involving the death of one of the protagonists in it's last quarter of it's runtime.

Your last paragraph isn't even worth to reply to, because it's such a mess of just plain anger and questioning something that hasn't even happen yet.

KimurahMar 24, 2023 5:46 PM
Mar 24, 2023 5:33 PM
Oct 2022
How shocking this episode was out of the blue. But it's time for Miri to have a normal life, and I know that the two of them can deal with this problem.
She didn't deserve to leave like that, she must have spoiled her, but she wanted to change for Miri, we have to avenge her.
You have to hunt down those killers, do it for Miri and her mom.
Mar 24, 2023 5:38 PM

Jan 2021
Kinda expected them to kill of Miri's mom somehow. I agree that its heartbreaking that she had both her real mom and dad die. But at least she'll have a new loving family that will do nothing but support her. Also her having two dad's in Japan will definitely raise some eyebrows. People are going to think Rei and Suzaku are married, but maybe they already thought that. 
Mar 24, 2023 6:39 PM
Mar 2021
Lol but when Kazuki said 'we're gonna be a real family now' I honestly thought for a moment that Rei and Kazuki were gonna get married or something hehe.
But honestly I loved this episode. The moms death was so sad and I wished she had spend more time with her daughter, but I gotta admit that I was also kinda relieved that miri could live with her dads again. 
LidiamarrylMar 24, 2023 6:53 PM
Mar 24, 2023 6:41 PM

Feb 2016
Tobirama-Sensei said:
StallionXD said:
Damn this is so bad, they try so hard to rush drama and action now that there is only 1 episode left.
Introduce a character just to kill it in the next one -> Bad guy just wanna do bad things because he is bad -> The protagonist duo, experts assassins, can't do shit about it.
Also wtf, 3 shots in the room next to her, her mom died, they all talked, the police made lots of noices, they grab her and move her to a whole different place, and yet Miri never ever woke up, just at the end of it all, trash writing.
So fkng baad 😴😴😴

You don't have kids do you ?

That's why you think it's bad writing.. -_-
Yeah, I don't have kids, and u r right, it is not bad writing, is TRASH writing.
Thanks god this only have 1 episode left so I can properly give it a 2.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 24, 2023 6:42 PM
Oct 2014
I feel like a absolute POS for shit talking Miris mom now NGL I hated her for wanting to be selfish and try to be a good mom only because she got diagnosed with cancer I'm sorry in my eyes how are u gonna be so selfish to throw away your only child because she's getting in the way of your work , to only want to try to become a good mother because your illness is terminal , but seeing her actually try to be there for miri and even when she was shot , bleeding in agony and pain the only thing on her mind was her baby , I cried thats a mother she could have ran out the door she could have played dead but no she ran for her baby , so I take back all I said I'm sorry mirirs Mama you died a hero
Mar 24, 2023 7:03 PM

Aug 2021
Worst episode of the anime so far, it was such a lazy script trying to rush to the end of the work.

Now with their mother dead, they can be a family again, just happiness! Super simple huh. Wasn't it enough that they had killed the girl's father?
My profession is a hitman, my daughter and her mother are in danger. I have a gun pointed at the head of the guy who wants to kill them, why don't I shoot?

I just keep thinking about the future, how they're going to explain the death of her real parents and how she's going to deal with it.
OkamiSanOfficialMar 24, 2023 7:15 PM
Mar 24, 2023 7:24 PM
May 2019
I was hoping this progressed differently, not with an easy 'out' like the death of Miri's mom. I mean, I had a feeling it would happen, but I was much more hopeful that they'd find a way to make a life all together for Miri. Still love this super-cute show (while acknowledging how truly eff'd up Miri's reality is 😅). Can't wait to see how it ends.
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Dec 2022
Rei finally became a real dad ^_^
Mar 24, 2023 7:43 PM

Apr 2022
had a feeling miri would return but damn, didn't expect the mom to die. both of miri's biological parents have died, that's rough.
first half was quite sad, an empty and quiet house without miri, at least rei wants to step up and kazuki as well have become miri's fathers again.

i felt it when rei said, "i was a breathing statue."
Mar 24, 2023 7:57 PM

Aug 2022
feels like things are being rushed, with the change from 13 to 12 episodes especially, probably due to the schedule change. that's really unfortunate, but hopefully it doesn't end too badly.
Mar 24, 2023 8:51 PM
May 2021
THAT ENDING THE LAST LIKE 3 MINUTES OR SOMETHING FIXED IT ALL
Mar 24, 2023 8:54 PM
Dec 2022
I honestly think this could have worked a bit better if there was more emotional consequences to the actions. It was kind of obvious that Miri's mother was going to be taken out the picture in some way, but having only 2 minutes of reflection on the fact that they are responsible for Miri's whole family dying just doesn't do the emotional justice that a lot of the rest of the series has gone through. They spent more time mourning the fact that Miri was gone then they did over the fact that they put her in this position in the first place.

When we compare it to the emotionally hard hitting episodes we had previously, especially considering the last one which was just one long goodbye, it comes off rushed. I think it almost could have worked better if the conclusion that they would continue to raise Miri wasn't decided until the next episode. I'm not opposed to them killing off the mom or the reasons why that happened. Rei's father is correct that Miri would forever be a liability if Rei stayed in the hitman line of work and I can see the justification for eliminating that risk.
Mar 24, 2023 9:27 PM

Oct 2022
Those words coming from Rei just shows how much he has changed since, Miri became a part of their life.
Mar 24, 2023 9:35 PM
Oct 2018
Poor Miri *sobs* BUT DAMN CAN GIRL SLEEP THROUGH A LITERAL GUN FIGHT LMFAO
Mar 24, 2023 9:52 PM

Jul 2021
i extremely disliked that miri's mum had to die. just felt like it was deliberate for the "plot" of 2 papa's taking care of miri. if they wanted they could talked it out and kazuki or rei could have married miri's mum and they could have been a real family but nooooooooooo. fuck this. i hated the mum but after seeing her try to change just to die :(    

they want to get out of the business but i don't think rei's boss will allow it like that. i say rei and kazuki should kill the boss and the dude who killed miri's mum and then move cities.

looking forward to see how everything works out in the last episode as i don't think there would be a 2nd season.

also looking at how depressed their life was after miri went i couldn't help but think what kind of turn the story would take if imagine kazuki was late and miri had been killed. that would have been fucked up but the story would have taken a very dark turn, something like how they both now go against a whole hitman organization and kill every last of them or they just stay depressed and commit double suicide. would watch something like that ngl.
TsutanaiFuunMar 24, 2023 9:59 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 24, 2023 10:14 PM
Nov 2020
I like more the idea of sending Miri to orphanage and when she grows up they reunite back... but still about Miri's feeling..... that's not the best thing to do. Miri still need her mom's love. Two father's nothing, they can't replace her mom. Unless Miri growing up without mom from the start. Well whatever happens, happens.
Mar 24, 2023 10:26 PM
May 2017
Fantastic episode. Shit has gotten hella real for our mc's. They thought dismantling their family would've solved the issue but Rei's dad had other ideas. Seriously, what a dick. Rei let them go of his own volition and his dad still goes to such lengths to pain/steel him.

But anyways, with that said, i fear this ending may be rushed depending on how they go about this. If they intend to wrap this storyline up in this one episode, it won't be good. We need at least 2-3 more episodes considering the threats their dealing with. Cuz the assassin is one thing, but Rei's Dad is obviously the main antahonist here. Even if they kill the assassin his Dad can just keep hiring more. They need to get rid of Rei's Dad, but i honestly can't see them dealing with all the threats in one episode, it would be cheap almost. I hope we don't get a tragic ending, but Kazuki, Rei, Miri and Kyuu? I someone is going down, probably Kyu cuz i don't see this wholesome anime ending with an mc death.

So season 2 or rushed finale? We'll see next week

5/5 ep, this episode made me raise the scpre from 7 to 8 tbh
Mar 24, 2023 10:30 PM

Nov 2021
Damn I feel conflicted about them technically being the reason Miri's mom dies. Even if she was going to die anyways. It feels wrong for them to lie to Miri about the truth concerning her parents, I really hope they address that in the next episode because they shouldn't just pretend they are a perfect and happy family.
Mar 24, 2023 11:26 PM
Jun 2017
Miri will never know if no one tells her what happened, she's too young to understand and I'm not telling this resolves everything and that they will all live happily ever after but it means just what Kyu-chan said : it will be Rei and Kazuki's sin, the weight of which they will bear for the rest of their lives and I think I can accept this to a certain extent. I still hate that they fridged yet another woman for the sake of man pain but oh well...
Mar 24, 2023 11:31 PM

Jun 2009
Man I really hope this gets another cour/season because I feel like there's so much and yet we only get one more episode.

I feel so bad for Miri's mom, just when she was getting her life back and starting to actually make an effort to be Miri's mom, this happens(plus she already had cancer which makes her being killed by a hitman seem kinda pointless? Idk I honestly thought she was gonna die from cancer, not this). ;w; I hate Rei's father and his hitmen so much.

But Rei more or less said "sorry not sorry dad but I'm moving in with my husband and our daughter especially since you killed her mother" now if he could actually tell his dad LOL ;w;
KittyxChanMar 25, 2023 12:13 AM

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Mar 24, 2023 11:40 PM

Mar 2012
I knew they would do something to get Miri back with Kazuki and Rei but killing off the mother like this and then them deciding to step out of the hitman business and living happily with Miri is the most stupidest asspull way of doing it, really hated it. If it was going to end up like this I wish that guy would have succeeded to kill Miri too.

Also that assassin guy had multiple chances to finish off Kazuki but we have his plot armor going strong, shit writing at it's finest.
Mar 25, 2023 12:27 AM
Mar 2015
I wasn't expecting this at all, this is what Mili less needed. I mean, when she grows older and starts asking about what really happened to her mother and also what about her father, she will eventually find all the truth. And there's a big possibility she will hate them both no matter how well they raise her.
Mar 25, 2023 12:32 AM
Mar 2015
DreadfulLaw said:
well that turned dark
and now they decided that they gonna be her family after all that, i mean they literally killed her father and caused the death of her mother, what would she think of that when she grows up
well anyway i look forward to the finale

That's exactly what I was thinking about. In the future they will eventually are going to be forced to tell her the truth and that's when things are really going to complicate, poor Mili.
Mar 25, 2023 1:59 AM
Jul 2021
Why did I Cry? My Throat was Heavy through the episode.
Mar 25, 2023 2:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn. How are they going to tell Miri that her mom is dead.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 25, 2023 2:30 AM

Nov 2013
@Kimurah

Did you just write an entire paragraph about my rant? Having too much free time?

Kimurah said:
Hurr durr, bad writing, lazy wiring just because I say so hurr durr.
Of course I'm going to be the one to say this. Do you want an official letter from the author or a studio or something? Here's a hint: People define bad/lazy writing differently -  I know, a shocker!

Kimurah said:
For starters, just because Kazuki is a profesional hitman doesn't mean he should be completely flawless.
Gonna stop you right there pal. Nobody asked for your lecture about realism when it comes to dealing with stress. It's like seriously discussing "why a guy suddenly tripped" in a horror movie. You can argue the guy was scared and genuinely tripped and got caught by whatever monster was chasing him. I'm gonna call it lazy-ass writing and argue the author purposefully tripped the character to have few survivors at the end. There can be no definitive answer in this discussion so don't pretend like your argument makes more sense than mine. It doesn't.

Kimurah said:
Regarding the point that action comedy shouldn't have any deaths is just pure BS. Please, show me this book of rules that state that action comedies should leave character deaths out. I can easily think of a couple of live action comedy movies that involved deaths as plot points, such as Kickass, Zombieland, or Shaun of the Dead.
It always makes me chuckle how people like you ask for "book of rules". This is a rant. People judge things based on own opinions. I literally put a warning up there for smartasses like you to ignore my comment or to take it with a grain of salt, but I guess you couldn't resist the urge to sound smart anyways. Anyway, moving on, did you seriously compare this show with purposefully dark comedies like  Kickass, Zombieland, or Shaun of the Dead??? Bruh...
This show just killed off the beloved mother (only parent) of an innocent kid in cold blood. Just like that example I made about a guy tripping in horror movies, killing her off looked like a lazy-ass writing to me, made purposefully to get rid of the "obstacle" who took Miri away from the main duo and have them reunited again. 
Kimurah said:
Your last paragraph isn't even worth to reply to, because it's such a mess of just plain anger and questioning something that hasn't even happen yet.
Google the definition of a rant next time, if you're so oblivious. And another shocker, people can talk about something that hasn't yet happened too, if they want to.
Mar 25, 2023 2:39 AM
May 2022
I'm sorry but I didn't like this episode. It almost felt emotionally manipulative, especially in contrast to the previous episode. Misaki dying is unnecessary and just too convenient. It is just dark for the sake of being dark at this point. I don't know how the last episode will go after this. I'm assuming it will be rushed.
Mar 25, 2023 3:37 AM

Feb 2022
From the beginning, I never trusted P.A Works, not because of a bad story but because they always make sad endings for several anime series. 

Mar 25, 2023 4:24 AM
Aug 2017
The worst episode of the series by FAR. The episode is the definition of Lazy Writting. The only good thing about it was Rei's character development but otherwise..

Killing Miri's mom was such an obvious plotline that I was hoping they wouldnt go for it..and they still did.
Mar 25, 2023 7:08 AM
Apr 2022
This episode wasnt bad, but that one fighting scene was just so stupid, it ruined everything else (Kazuki, trained hitman, misses from 1 meter and generally they both had about ten chances to kill the other one). I liked the end tho.
Mar 25, 2023 7:31 AM

Mar 2022
RIP Miri's mom, but I think that her death made sense. I mean, it really does show that Miri won't be safe until Kazuki and Rei take out whoever's threatening her. 
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Mar 25, 2023 9:35 AM
Jul 2021
finally the ending was damn good 🥲
Mar 25, 2023 10:01 AM

Feb 2017
cmon!!!! i was rooting for the mom - she really wanted to change and live a normal life with her daughter. she was going to be dying soon anyways, didn't she say she was sick and didn't have a lot of time left? i'm incredibly distraught by this episode. bro's telling her "hang in there!!!" bro she was shot can you at least put pressure on her wound/help slow the bleeding? the fact kazuki can't even shoot that bozo who killed her. man what??? 

kazuki and rei already lied to miri saying her mom will be back,, i'm curious to see if they'll keep up that lie (or if the whole subject is just dropped by next episode) & also if they'll avenge her mother's death by killing that guy. i wouldn't say this ruined the show for me, but i will say that i just don't agree with how this episode played out.

placeholder text
Mar 25, 2023 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
This episode is full of emotion.
Mar 25, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2023
Rei changed a lot; I'm proud of him. Rip to Miri's mother, though. She was trying to change, but I guess it was too late
Mar 25, 2023 11:22 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah Miri's mother was right. That was no environment to raise a child, but unfortunately it was too late and she paid the price... So our boys realize sending Miri off to some orphanage would be awful for her but the only way to properly raise her is if they get out of the assassin business. Easier said than done. Well let's see how it's resolved next episode. Also Miri should find out about her mother probably.
Mar 25, 2023 11:25 AM

Dec 2018
Look rushed... Rei father is an organization mafia boss but he doesn't actually look like it in this episode... He seems like... Hesitate... But have to do it because he's the boss of some mafia known family.
Of course they have to kill the mother, now the buddies daddy decided to take care of Miri... Want will happen next? Rei dad having a change of heart and approved? Or Rei have to kill him to take care of the next Suwa family business. I'm pretty sure they will kill that Miri's mother killer on the next episode.

For those who think Miri doesn't wake up on that noise is ridiculous are actually never live with kids and heavy sleeper adult... And that guy using a silent pistol... Of course it's not so noisy... But it's actually ridiculous when 'neighbours' are all heavy sleeper or deaf since Kazuki actually shot a normal pistol and it's loud xD

Mar 25, 2023 11:35 AM
Jun 2021
They have finally decided that they are gonna be a family and leave the hitman business but i don't think they will be off the hook easily.
Mar 25, 2023 11:46 AM

Jan 2022
Of course her mom died, why wouldn't she have? Ugh this keeps getting more depressed as new episodes come out. I hope next week's episode is happy again. How is Rei going to escape his dad's evil wrath? I'm glad they both realized they need Miri in their lives. It was definitely boring and dull without her. Do y'all think there's going to be a second season?
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 25, 2023 12:50 PM
Sep 2022
What a twist hahaha
Mar 25, 2023 1:01 PM

Jun 2021
Another emotional episode. Sadly, Miri loss her mother. I do want her to go back with Rei and Kazuki but not this way.. I hope the two dads will make Miri happy as they will become a real family.
Mar 25, 2023 3:03 PM
Jan 2018
Bro I absolutely loved the plot twist. PA works are known for sad stuff, right? It fit the theme of the show too.
Mar 25, 2023 3:32 PM
Oct 2021
i loved this episode but i can’t help but think it was also kinda rushed. a lot happened in what felt like a short amount of time - would’ve liked more of a backstory tbh before they just killed her
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about Kazuki and Rei not being a couple despite deciding to form a family? ( 1 2 )

SakuraUchiha2313 - Mar 25, 2023

68 by Sch4n »»
May 20, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

162 by Skadex »»
May 11, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

290 by PrimeX »»
May 8, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

166 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
May 7, 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.