New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2022 10:43 PM
Mar 2022
the show tries too hard to be funny
Apr 20, 2022 11:31 PM
Jun 2021
CickNipolla said:
This problem is highlighted most of all in S2 of Demon Slayer. Tanjiro's inability to understand that his sister is a demon, and can not die from other demons, really makes me want to just smash my head into a wall. Like why is he always just keeping her in a fucking box instead of bringing her out when fights are going on. People have 100% died on screen because he was like " oh no i must protect immortal sister".

Not to mention how STUPID it is to fight an upper rank demon with her in a box on your back

I get what you say, but her being a Upper Rank level Demon and her fighting with another demon is pointless, like you know that Demons can't affect or defeat their fellow demons? All Nezuko can do is show of her skills and buy Tanjiro or other Slayers some time
Apr 21, 2022 7:36 AM
May 2021
official_brown said:
CickNipolla said:

if thats what he wanted then he would leave her with someone he trusts. at least, logical and good story writing would dictate that. most people wouldnt carry around someone they are trying to protect in a box

This was talked about in S1, Tanjiro was willing to let Nezuko stay with Ms. Doctor Demon and Mr. Simp. But he realized that he needed Nezuko as much as she needs him, plus she did not want to be away from her brother. They want to find the cure together. And whether or not she can’t die from other demons, he still doesn’t want her to get hurt. There is no real feasible solution other than what he did and put down the box during Daki’s fight. Plus leaving Nezuko alone with others might cause more harm by her maybe eating a human and or Micheal Jackson taking her and putting his blood in her (his curse/control)

And like others have mentioned she sleeps in the box instead of eating humans. Her sleeping is what negates her hunger, which is why when she is in the box she is basically sleeping the entire time. It helps so she doesn’t go berserk.

Literally this!
Was considering bringing all this up myself, but first looked through the comments to make sure no one else perhaps haven't said it better than I would - and here it is!!
Apr 21, 2022 6:20 PM

Aug 2020
Not much of a deal but like it makes sense why he’s holding back his sister. It’s common sense he doesn’t want her to hurt ppl. You kinda complain over the minor things yet I think u gave the first season a 9/10. I don’t recall what u scored it but it was more than a 5 that’s for sure.
Apr 21, 2022 6:21 PM

May 2020
Dixoncider8142 said:
Not much of a deal but like it makes sense why he’s holding back his sister. It’s common sense he doesn’t want her to hurt ppl. You kinda complain over the minor things yet I think u gave the first season a 9/10. I don’t recall what u scored it but it was more than a 5 that’s for sure.

i didnt realize i had fans who keep track of my scores :cryinglaughingemoji:
Apr 21, 2022 8:36 PM
May 2021
They sometimes shout some unrelated topics out loud to make some funny moments
Apr 21, 2022 10:20 PM
Jun 2013
AwokenStroken said:
NumberXI said:
Demon Slayer is a masterpiece.
I know right? Absolutely flawless...

And since when something needs to be flawless in order to be a masterpiece? None of the shows with a 10 in your list are flawless, none of the shows with a over 9.0 score in this site is flawless.
Apr 22, 2022 2:28 AM
Jan 2022
the ass pulls

"I stopped my heart from beating to stop the poison."

"I re aranged my organs."
Apr 22, 2022 3:52 AM
Dec 2020
The way they presented their characters is infuriating me, like why would they yelling all the time?
Apr 22, 2022 10:26 AM

Aug 2017
CickNipolla said:
This problem is highlighted most of all in S2 of Demon Slayer. Tanjiro's inability to understand that his sister is a demon, and can not die from other demons, really makes me want to just smash my head into a wall. Like why is he always just keeping her in a fucking box instead of bringing her out when fights are going on. People have 100% died on screen because he was like " oh no i must protect immortal sister".

Not to mention how STUPID it is to fight an upper rank demon with her in a box on your back

Deadass this one had me mystified

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 22, 2022 5:38 PM

Sep 2020
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
AwokenStroken said:
I know right? Absolutely flawless...

And since when something needs to be flawless in order to be a masterpiece? None of the shows with a 10 in your list are flawless, none of the shows with a over 9.0 score in this site is flawless.
Nah bruh demon slayer a legit flawless masterpiece
Apr 22, 2022 7:36 PM
Feb 2022
ScuzzyBear said:
people fail to recall that before this mid series was adapted the manga had an avg score of 7.6, that is until ufotable boosted it (literally) and carried this horribly average show with god tier animation and music. nowadays eyecandy is all that's needed for people to worship a series and call it "peak". so to have any "wtf this makes no sense" is just stupid. it should be expected from the start given how mid the series was to begin with. so honestly just shut up and enjoy the show, autopilot it if you need to. in the end its just the same cliche shit you've seen done countless times before so why give a shit?

After I saw your nazuna pfp I was expecting a good take on this but sadly you just had to go ahead and use "mid show" without giving any constructive criticism
Apr 23, 2022 1:01 AM
Nov 2018
CickNipolla said:

ikr, just have her in the box ONLY if its morning, tf is wrong with you

and even the hashiras didnt suggest that?
hes protecting a demon, might as well use it right?
though id agree if they all thought her power would be small because she doesnt consume humans,
id argue, why you never tried? its not like anyone can defeat all the hashiras in one go

i know you want to protect your sister, but if youre willing to let people die for it, then youre just basically feeding her those humans
Apr 23, 2022 10:17 AM
Mar 2021
official_brown said:
_Fallacy_ said:
I don't know what think,but for me it's the fanbase.

Despite knowing the anime is complete trash they still try to defend the obvious asspulls and shit writing by some lame excuses.

Doesn’t most anime have what you mentioned? I honestly don’t see the problem of loving a show and praising the aspects for which it does well. While I admit fanbases like, AoT, Demon Slayer, One Piece, DBZ, Naruto, MHA, are all annoying, they should be allowed and have a valid reason to love a show. I mean most of the fans of the show are Japanese people with Tanjiro being voted #1 as a model for young teens/children. And not only that, but still being the highest grossing anime film of all time during the apex of Covid. Whether you like the show or hate it, the show is loved for more than it’s animation.

Atleast someone said this... :-)
Apr 23, 2022 3:41 PM
Oct 2019
CickNipolla said:
Alasco2002 said:
You are the one that don’t understand here, he doesn’t want her to go berserk and eat people, not to mention that he doesn’t want her to get hurt even if she is immortal it still hurts to get cut in half like she was by daki.

if thats what he wanted then he would leave her with someone he trusts. at least, logical and good story writing would dictate that. most people wouldnt carry around someone they are trying to protect in a box

so what is he supposed to do leave her somewhere to be alone in a box, he is worried about her and wants to be with her since she is his only family left
Apr 23, 2022 6:33 PM

Jul 2011
Just cause Nezuko is immortal doesn't mean she's unbeatable. Yes, Nezuko did hold up pretty well against Daki, but that doesn't mean she could beat Gyuutarou. He's one of the Upper Moons, so he is likely stronger than her. There's also the problem if Nezuko goes out of control, can Tanjiro stop her before she kills someone.

It would also be stupid just to leave her. Nezuko has saved them serval times.
Apr 24, 2022 12:40 AM

Sep 2020
some hilarious asspulls in the end
Apr 24, 2022 5:56 AM
Oct 2019
The most annoying thing about demon slayer is demon slayer itself
Apr 24, 2022 12:58 PM
Jan 2021
ScuzzyBear said:
people fail to recall that before this mid series was adapted the manga had an avg score of 7.6, that is until ufotable boosted it (literally) and carried this horribly average show with god tier animation and music. nowadays eyecandy is all that's needed for people to worship a series and call it "peak". so to have any "wtf this makes no sense" is just stupid. it should be expected from the start given how mid the series was to begin with. so honestly just shut up and enjoy the show, autopilot it if you need to. in the end its just the same cliche shit you've seen done countless times before so why give a shit?
you sound mad are you alright? Why so cynical
Apr 25, 2022 4:02 AM
Mar 2017
First off she is a demon and maybe if you actually watched season 2 you would know why he doesn't just pull her out. She's a demon, and she doesn't eat people so she's always in a weakened/starved state.
Apr 27, 2022 10:11 AM
Sep 2020
CickNipolla said:

It's a shounen, don't expect character development and story telling from this show

HxH,Gintama and AOT have way better storyline than this ,the inconsistencies of this show is immense
Apr 28, 2022 2:16 AM

Mar 2020
aktiwkunn said:
My man is trying to find logic in a story written by a woman
What a sexist statement...From my personal experience, female writers are>=male writers(for me they are better)
Pandora hearts, Relife, Blue period, Tsubasa, a silent voice, Fmab,86 etc...In short most of the consistent complete storylines that i have seen are from female writers....
Being Slow is not even a bad thing(taking your other comment into account) it just means, the writers are taking their time to develop the characters and such...so yeah pretty sexist..
Apr 28, 2022 2:23 AM

Apr 2021
234Mannan said:
aktiwkunn said:
My man is trying to find logic in a story written by a woman
What a sexist statement...From my personal experience, female writers are>=male writers(for me they are better)
Pandora hearts, Relife, Blue period, Tsubasa, a silent voice, Fmab,86 etc...In short most of the consistent complete storylines that i have seen are from female writers....
Being Slow is not even a bad thing(taking your other comment into account) it just means, the writers are taking their time to develop the characters and such...so yeah pretty sexist..

I was talking about the majority not every single one of them.
And you're talking as if "A Silent Voice" was any better. That crap was mid as hell, don't know why people overrate it so much
I love Monogatari Series
Apr 28, 2022 3:19 AM

Mar 2020
aktiwkunn said:
234Mannan said:

And you're talking as if "A Silent Voice" was any better. That crap was mid as hell, don't know why people overrate it so much
Majority... Like it actually makes your case any better...judging by that most of the media crap we have nowadays is thanks to male writers....(In almost every medium).. Writing ability isnt determined by gender..and thats a very narrow minded prespective no offence
As far as A Silent voice is concerned, its a story about acceptance and coming in terms with your flaws. It explores some really sensitive themes with not being too over the top and executes everything pretty simply...
Its connects deeply with the majority and that might answer your question to why its soo overrated..... Its a pretty different story which is not there just for the sake of entertainment and has much more to offer then a typical girl changing an Mc s life...Its about struggle, values, regret, guilt and forgiveness.. combined with that ending which reconnects to all the interactions and decisions shouya took at that point...
Inshort analysing its themes might clear your query
Apr 28, 2022 4:02 AM

Apr 2021
234Mannan said:
aktiwkunn said:

Majority... Like it actually makes your case any better...judging by that most of the media crap we have nowadays is thanks to male writers....(In almost every medium).. Writing ability isnt determined by gender..and thats a very narrow minded prespective no offence
As far as A Silent voice is concerned, its a story about acceptance and coming in terms with your flaws. It explores some really sensitive themes with not being too over the top and executes everything pretty simply...
Its connects deeply with the majority and that might answer your question to why its soo overrated..... Its a pretty different story which is not there just for the sake of entertainment and has much more to offer then a typical girl changing an Mc s life...Its about struggle, values, regret, guilt and forgiveness.. combined with that ending which reconnects to all the interactions and decisions shouya took at that point...

You won't bother paying attention to the "themes" of a story unless the story itself is good/intriguing enough.
1- He bullies her for no reason then starts getting bullied himself to come to realise that he was in the wrong.
2- She wants to be friends with the guy who bullies her and falls for him when he started treating her well due to guilt.
3- The girl tries to confess then Boom they never talk about that matter ever again.
The characters in the movie keep contradicting themselves. The author even said that the two of them never got together as it would not make sense or something. Then why did she even make her fall for him?
I love Monogatari Series
Apr 28, 2022 5:11 AM

Mar 2020
aktiwkunn said:
234Mannan said:

You won't bother paying attention to the "themes" of a story unless the story itself is good/intriguing enough.
1- He bullies her for no reason then starts getting bullied himself to come to realise that he was in the wrong.
2- She wants to be friends with the guy who bullies her and falls for him when he started treating her well due to guilt.
3- The girl tries to confess then Boom they never talk about that matter ever again.
The characters in the movie keep contradicting themselves. The author even said that the two of them never got together as it would not make sense or something. Then why did she even make her fall for him?
Wow...you really did pay attention....
For starters she gets bullied for being deaf...Like alot of people with disabilities...and shouya from the start is a trouble child and a school bully...There is no reason which justifies bullying in anycase as well soo...the point is completely flawed since its more of a comprehension issue
As for your other 2 points...
Self Worth issues(if you understand that concept you might be able comprehend her behaviour) and its not a LOVE story...
so yeah its more of a development thing..Not everything has to end on I love you and walah everyones happy.. .Relationships take different forms. Potential Couples end up becoming best friends all the time as well ...I mean crushes happen..Its not like I would do go and confess to someone i like and ignore all the other important issues...They dont vanish instantly...So she mainly just had a crush...
I have a reason to believe that you viewed it as a romance movie(which it was clearly not) and not as a sol about self worth and suicide..You are not the first person.though.I have met countless individuals who watched it as a romance rather then a story about self Exploration, guilt and change
Which explains why we have so much tv trash love stories these days..
Being intriguing is a subjective case, it didnt interest you? Completely understandable, but that doesnt demerit its credibility and subtleness...
Have a good day ig.
234MannanApr 28, 2022 5:15 AM
Apr 28, 2022 9:07 AM
Dec 2020
"demon slayer was carried by animation fights and ufotable"
Okay.
But at the end of the it was CARRIED ALL THE WAY TO THE FINISH LINE(BEING ENJOYABLE AND GOOD) dosent matter what it was carried by.Also characters and story not being notable dosent equal bad.
Few people act like writing a hype fight is inherently way easier than writing a good story and thus less worth and for retarded people to enjoy I mean you also have to make fights be hype it isn't just two dudes punching and launching powers.not every fight in every anime manages to do that

Generally I would prefer a show which excels in one aspect(depending on what) like solo leveling than a show which is just good in all aspects like banana fish(imo)
Personal opinion
Yeah it's bugging sometimes that tomioka explained a 5sec fight for 15 sec at the satrt of the show .felt okay for 1st season and enjoyed the movie from the point where akaza came and 2nd season when gyutaro entered
Also voice acting in this show is also so good only music is lacking(imo)from a production standpoint
POCHBOOTApr 28, 2022 9:13 AM
May 5, 2022 1:12 PM
Apr 2022
the rushed part of it like no way all of them had to die like that for example in Naruto only like 4 died (not including the Akatsuki members and unimportant characters) the ending kinda weird too
May 5, 2022 1:13 PM
Apr 2022
CickNipolla said:

its an anime its not supposed to be realistic and logical
May 5, 2022 1:16 PM
Apr 2022
Link10103 said:
ultimately I think the problem is you're putting too much thought into a shonen lol. enjoy the eye candy incarnate that is ufotable with maybe 5% of your brain active and call it a day.

very few shonen hold up to extensive critical thought.

exactlyyyyyyyyy
May 5, 2022 1:18 PM
Apr 2022
Percy91 said:
one word: zenitsu

its part of his character u dont like it then u dont have to watch it im tire of people getting annoyed by him its not like you all can rewrite him so shutup
May 6, 2022 1:31 AM
Dec 2018
ScuzzyBear said:

You are the one who should shut up, you don’t add anything to the thread except the usual “DeMoN sLaYer iS mId AnD CarrIEd by AnImAtIoN”

I mean it is? you can't possibly say it's the story that makes it good without a smile on your face

The MAL score of the manga doesn't mean anything. No mal score mean anything. This website isn't representative of the reality of the consumers at all.

The Demon Slayer manga is a huge success, even so the art is subpar, which means the story alone hooked tens of millions of people, whether you like it or not.

The anime boosted the sales but still, if people bought the manga it means they wanted to know the end of the story. Other manga who got crazy anime adaptation like Jujutsu kaisen don't sell half as well as Demon Slayer.

Saying a popular show is mid doesn't make you seem more intelligent.
Jun 1, 2022 6:59 PM
Aug 2010
Awakened Zenitsu for sure ;)

Anyway it's funny how many low reviews have this series with so high score.
Overall it's looks like people like this anime and this is important :P
Jun 2, 2022 2:13 AM

May 2021
aktiwkunn said:
She wants to be friends with the guy who bullies her and falls for him when he started treating her well due to guilt.

I'm curious, how would you feel if Shouya assaulted Shouko while she was napping?

Jun 2, 2022 11:11 AM

Apr 2021
RioFS said:
aktiwkunn said:
She wants to be friends with the guy who bullies her and falls for him when he started treating her well due to guilt.

I'm curious, how would you feel if Shouya assaulted Shouko while she was napping?

As a viewer?
I would obviously feel sorry for her but the bullying is also part of the story.
But yeah, Shouko wanting to be friends with a guy who constantly bullies her didn't really make sense to me
I love Monogatari Series
Jun 2, 2022 9:33 PM

Jul 2021
Shut da fard up demon slaya is a mastapiece 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 u h8ers jus wulden understan 🙄🙄 💅💅

Jun 6, 2022 8:58 AM
Aug 2020
I love Demon slayer but the most annoying thing about it is that they make jokes on a serious scene, like... am I suppose to laugh?
Jun 8, 2022 1:41 AM
Nov 2015
CommunistCowGod said:
the ass pulls

The anime community never fails to impress with its smooth-brained takes.

You're looking at a show with immortal telekinetic/pyrokinetic/magical vampires, colour-changing swords that only change colour if the sword detects that the wielder has some minimum skill, and "flesh and blood humans" jumping onto/over two- and three-story buildings... but throw in the ability to rearrange organs or consciously stop your heartbeat (and considering there are meditation techniques for lowering heart rate, the latter isn't even all that far-fetched) and suddenly the "this show isn't realistic enough" crowd starts making noise.
Jun 8, 2022 1:47 AM
Nov 2019
SirMonday said:
CommunistCowGod said:
the ass pulls

You're looking at a show with immortal telekinetic/pyrokinetic/magical vampires, colour-changing swords that only change colour if the sword detects that the wielder has some minimum skill, and "flesh and blood humans" jumping onto/over two- and three-story buildings... but throw in the ability to rearrange organs or consciously stop your heartbeat (and considering there are meditation techniques for lowering heart rate, the latter isn't even all that far-fetched) and suddenly the "this show isn't realistic enough" crowd starts making noise.

someone doesn't understand the difference between low and hard fantasy . . .
Jun 25, 2022 4:07 AM
Jan 2022
SirMonday said:
CommunistCowGod said:
the ass pulls

I would understand these decisions IF THEY ACTUALLY MADE SENSE IN TERMS OF THE MAGIC SYSTEM AND CHARACTERS. Also, Tegan literally stopped his heart from breathing, he didn't lower it. In fact, I think the sword styles are somewhat realistic, its just that demon slayer has a low fantasy magic system, compared to a hard.
Jun 25, 2022 11:26 AM
Nov 2015
CommunistCowGod said:
SirMonday said:

I would understand these decisions IF THEY ACTUALLY MADE SENSE IN TERMS OF THE MAGIC SYSTEM AND CHARACTERS. Also, Tegan literally stopped his heart from breathing, he didn't lower it. In fact, I think the sword styles are somewhat realistic, its just that demon slayer has a low fantasy magic system, compared to a hard.

The Mugen Train arc literally has Tanjiro using breathing to fix a ruptured blood vessel. You realise that's not a thing, right? Humans can't breathe their way into clotting, or anything even close to that? If you could, hemophilia would be at most a minor inconvenience, not a serious life threatening condition requiring lifelong medication. Compared to that, the difference between "significantly slowing heart rate" and "outright stopping heart rate" seems like a minor concern.

If you don't like these elements, that's fine, just say so; media is subjective, and some things will break suspension of disbelief for some people and not others for no objective reason. But it's hard to take these "it doesn't make sense in the system!" critiques seriously when it seems like everyone just kinda selectively forgets or ignores all the evidence that would show that, from the start, these characters have been going well beyond human abilities and shouldn't be assumed to have normal human limitations.
Jun 25, 2022 11:41 AM
Nov 2015
kushakashi said:
SirMonday said:

someone doesn't understand the difference between low and hard fantasy . . .

That's... not a thing, as far as I know. There's hard vs soft magic systems, which derives from Sanderson's First Law of Magic, which has to do with how clearly explained and set in stone the rules of your magic system are; and then there's low vs high fantasy, which... means basically whatever you want, since some people describe ASOIAF and/or Harry Potter as high fantasy and others describe them as low fantasy. "Low vs hard fantasy" is not a distinction I've ever heard, and makes especially less sense since "low fantasy" is more likely to (but doesn't always) feature "hard magic", but there's otherwise no direct connection between these dichotomies.

Maybe you're trying to say that I'm confusing KnY for a low fantasy setting with soft magic when it's actually a hard magic system...? But, like, the very specific point I was trying to make is that "KnY's world is well beyond our world's constraints", with specific attention drawn to the fact that humans here acquire the ability to jump over buildings because "they can breathe good". Also, if that is what you were trying to say, see the above post.

Or maybe you weren't directly addressing me at all? Honestly not sure.
Jun 27, 2022 12:15 AM

May 2020
Spy x family and demon slayer fundamentally are very similiar, and now i see why both become so popular

they have very surface level plot and characters, with a lot of unrealistic ass-pulls (For lack for a better word) that diminish the quality of the show in order to appeal to the viewers
Aug 13, 2023 9:02 PM
Dec 2022
Tanjirou, zenitsu, inosuke screamed a lot whatever they're fighting or not lol
asspull. obviously they're all have to died but they survived and no one die
each time tanjirou always say my what my this my that is hurt or broken or can't stand but still can stand up fight more powerful than before get injured lol
the story,plot, and character written are just as thin as my facial tissue.
Uzui, and his three bitches kinda annoying. I dislike them
Some comedy really annoying but I can't deny some comedy really funny

But don't get it wrong even though i saying like that I do enjoy ds. 
despite hating on some characters i do love character like Nezuko, Muichiro, Giyuu, Shinobu, Kokushibo, Sanemi
I just can't stand characters always loud mouth. 

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

187 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.