Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 28, 2022 12:03 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t agree with you. We have known Connie for a long time now, and he’s controlled by his emotions easily. I think that every character in aot have shown new sides of them. Everyone is terrified and sad due to the circumstances, which is understandable. Connie is not feeling well, he just wants his mother back. And what he tried to do is not right, but I can fully understand that he wants to do everything to get her back.
Feb 28, 2022 12:09 AM
Apr 2021
I know connie is kinda upset with her mother but at the same time he doesen’t wanna kill a children :)
Feb 28, 2022 12:13 AM

May 2021
OvergrownRover said:
Connie has been laughably bad these past few episodes, him wanting to give his mom a titan power which is completely stupid which he does admit it was stupid but that makes it even worse because he had a whole day to think and only realized when Armin was gonna sacrifice himself, and it seems that Isayama himself doesn't like Connie or knows he's the worst character because he didn't even give him a scene talking about or with Gabi despite her being the one WHO KILLED HIS LIFE LONG FRIEND and decides for them to just become chums off screen , and don't get me started on the Pie and "Save the World" scenes which are easily the worst and most cringe scenes in the series only rivaled by Eren punching himself in Season 3

shut up. If you had you family dead you would probably do the same. Death can drive someone crazing into losing their sanity by murdering people. Glad Connie didn't become one of them tho. Someone like you on the sidelines can only laugh at him
Feb 28, 2022 12:26 AM

Apr 2021
I was worried at the beginning of this thread. Now I feel relieved that people haven't gone crazy. The only rushed part in this episode was Connie resentment scene, too few words, that's about it. Y'all real dumb if you think Connie was bad as a character in this episode cuz he was super realistic.
Feb 28, 2022 12:28 AM

Mar 2021
Just what I would expect from a side character
Feb 28, 2022 12:30 AM

Apr 2021
Incest_Enjoyer said:
That pie scene was really off like how can he forgive her so easily just because she ate the pie in a funny way

They understand titan powers quite a lot by now. There's pretty much no reason to hate her because what she did was due to her circumstances. Connie got over Sasha's death, is this even relevant?
Feb 28, 2022 12:52 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Y'all are weird lmao
死だけが確実
Feb 28, 2022 1:36 AM
Jan 2021
m4ci3x said:
Y'all just can't enjoy a show without complaining about every single thing can you

They really can’t, I‘m tired of these L threads my self…
Feb 28, 2022 1:44 AM
Oct 2019
OvergrownRover said:
Connie has been laughably bad these past few episodes, him wanting to give his mom a titan power which is completely stupid which he does admit it was stupid but that makes it even worse because he had a whole day to think and only realized when Armin was gonna sacrifice himself, and it seems that Isayama himself doesn't like Connie or knows he's the worst character because he didn't even give him a scene talking about or with Gabi despite her being the one WHO KILLED HIS LIFE LONG FRIEND and decides for them to just become chums off screen , and don't get me started on the Pie and "Save the World" scenes which are easily the worst and most cringe scenes in the series only rivaled by Eren punching himself in Season 3

Okay so first off, Conny doesn't care that Gabi killed Sasha. It was clear from the scene on the airship that, while he may be opportunistic, he's not vengeful in nature. He was literally the only person on the airship that immediately went to Sasha's side rather than attacking Gabi. To him, Gabi's just another soldier fighting for a cause.

And you can't act like Conny was in a right state of mind trying to save his mom. THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END. For all he knows, it's the last chance he'll have to save her. I don't think anyone would be thinking straight after finding out Eren's trying to commit omnicide (and has the tools to do it). Armin's role in helping him realize why he was wrong was rooted in the themes of ending the cycle of violence (as most things are in this show). Conny realized he would have lost another friend if he didn't save Armin, and he would've given Gabi that same experience if he had fed Falco to his mom.

The pie scene is true to his character as well. He's characteristically a goofball idiot who cracks jokes to deal with his emotional trauma. You could argue that his anger at Onyankopon for betraying the alliance's trust contrasts this claim, but the stakes are vastly different in each context. He also has no reason to be hostile towards Annie. You need to remember that the scouts were only in pursuit of her for information. No information is really needed at this point anymore. Even if she killed their comrades, that was 4 years ago. She was being used as a tool for the Marleyans, so Conny has no reason to hold anything against her.

Just because the show isn't spewing subtext in your face, that doesn't mean it isn't there. That's why it's called subtext. You're not SUPPOSED to constantly be reminded of character motives and traits. Conny isn't driven by violent impulses, he's driven by his sadness and loss. He didn't want to feed Falco to his mom because he disliked him or wanted to use him as leverage, he took that opportunity because he could have a chance to see his mother again. Seeing Armin jump in convinced him that seeing his mom again wasn't worth someone else's loss.
FlomenFeb 28, 2022 1:52 AM
Feb 28, 2022 2:34 AM
May 2021
EviL_GriN said:
OvergrownRover said:

shut up. If you had you family dead you would probably do the same. Death can drive someone crazing into losing their sanity by murdering people. Glad Connie didn't become one of them tho. Someone like you on the sidelines can only laugh at him

totally agreed, these are just blind haters, finding flaws on Everything, what Connie did it wasn't stupid or cringe, it's just what a normal person would do, because in aot world right now everyone is doing what they feel right
Feb 28, 2022 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
Flomen said:
OvergrownRover said:

Okay so first off, Conny doesn't care that Gabi killed Sasha. It was clear from the scene on the airship that, while he may be opportunistic, he's not vengeful in nature. He was literally the only person on the airship that immediately went to Sasha's side rather than attacking Gabi. To him, Gabi's just another soldier fighting for a cause.

And you can't act like Conny was in a right state of mind trying to save his mom. THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END. For all he knows, it's the last chance he'll have to save her. I don't think anyone would be thinking straight after finding out Eren's trying to commit omnicide (and has the tools to do it). Armin's role in helping him realize why he was wrong was rooted in the themes of ending the cycle of violence (as most things are in this show). Conny realized he would have lost another friend if he didn't save Armin, and he would've given Gabi that same experience if he had fed Falco to his mom.

The pie scene is true to his character as well. He's characteristically a goofball idiot who cracks jokes to deal with his emotional trauma. You could argue that his anger at Onyankopon for betraying the alliance's trust contrasts this claim, but the stakes are vastly different in each context. He also has no reason to be hostile towards Annie. You need to remember that the scouts were only in pursuit of her for information. No information is really needed at this point anymore. Even if she killed their comrades, that was 4 years ago. She was being used as a tool for the Marleyans, so Conny has no reason to hold anything against her.

Just because the show isn't spewing subtext in your face, that doesn't mean it isn't there. That's why it's called subtext. You're not SUPPOSED to constantly be reminded of character motives and traits. Conny isn't driven by violent impulses, he's driven by his sadness and loss. He didn't want to feed Falco to his mom because he disliked him or wanted to use him as leverage, he took that opportunity because he could have a chance to see his mother again. Seeing Armin jump in convinced him that seeing his mom again wasn't worth someone else's loss.

Thank you for this, reading what you wrote is what everybody needs

There are too many people praising Floch and Eren for the destruction of humanity and ignoring every other character's ideals and action. Do you really think AoT was written with the goal in mind to end the story destroying every nation for the need of one?
Feb 28, 2022 3:35 AM
Feb 2022
EugeoJ said:
maldonado3008 said:
bro...
i think the stupid is You, just put into his place, EVERYONE of his family and the people of his Town is dead, the only person that still "alive" is his mom, so if i have the possibility to retake My mom sacrificing someone a don't know and i don't care i Will do it.
i think is a very human act and feeling

Nobody gets that people in this show are humans too, they’ve all been destroyed by the world they live in. Not once has Connie complained or lashed out, he got on with it. He just snapped when there was a chance to get his mother back and went from there, what’s so hard for people to understand about this 😭

thank youuu!! i don't know why everybody is hating on connie rn honestly..
Feb 28, 2022 4:02 AM
Nov 2020
Personally I have enjoyed Connie's character a LOT this past couple episodes. A lot of fuckers here look like a bunch of edgy morons to me lol. His freakin mom has been a Titan for years and he finally has a chance to save her without sacrificing anyone dear to him. Of course he's gonna consider it lol. I'd have done the same too. As for him forgiving Gabi, are you shit heads blind? Can't read subs properly? He understands that it was in the heat of the moment. The were in the middle of a war and Sasha was one of the terrorists who caused massive destruction in Liberio. They only did it because Eren backed them into a corner and they understand the weight of those actions. He and none of the other guys blame Gabi for what she did. Same goes for Annie. They know she was a child soldier and besides, don't ya remember how Connie cracked jokes while Bert was flinging houses in Shiganshina. Connie copes with trauma by trying to laugh it off. I definitely like how Isayama made all these characters feel human. They aren't just here to complement the journey of the main characters but have their own goals, emotions and ideals as well.

The last part of the ep was very satisfying for too but I see that a lot of people hating on the gang for wanting to save the world. Well here's how I see it. Jean, Connie and rest were all trained and taught to protect humanity from titans.... The Yeagerists on the other hand are new recruits who were trained to restore Eldia. There is a profound gap in their mindsets as a result. One group sees itself as human first and then part of the Eldian race while the other sees itself as Eldians first and therefore fundamentally different/superior to humans. Hence for the former group, it's natural to want to save humanity from titans because that's what they were trained to do. "Kill titans, save lives"

This Fandom is what happens when middle schoolers start watching stuff thats out of their depth
Feb 28, 2022 4:10 AM
Nov 2020
Another thing - some retards find the "Let's save the world" cringe but yk what I find it a brilliant callback. When they were being inspected by Sadis at the beginning of the show, he asks Reiner why he was fighting, to which he replies "To save the world".... We all know how that wasn't the case and he really being a pawn to Marley. Well guess what, Reiner finally has an opportunity to really save the world this time. And Connie reminds him of that this ep.
Feb 28, 2022 5:34 AM

Oct 2010
connie was always dumb, his actions are dumb, it is in-character
Feb 28, 2022 6:08 AM

Feb 2020
nah,Connie being just realistic here.

i didn't like this "mini-arc" but i can fully understand Connie.
Feb 28, 2022 7:24 AM

Jan 2021
[/quote]
SenbeiPan said:
m4ci3x said:
Y'all just can't enjoy a show without complaining about every single thing can you

Why should I enjoy the bad writing?
so you say you can't enjoy a show because you think one character is badly written?
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Feb 28, 2022 7:42 AM
Nov 2020
maldonado3008 said:
bro...
i think the stupid is You, just put into his place, EVERYONE of his family and the people of his Town is dead, the only person that still "alive" is his mom, so if i have the possibility to retake My mom sacrificing someone a don't know and i don't care i Will do it.
i think is a very human act and feeling

if there was an option to like posts in mal I would've definitely liked yours :D
Feb 28, 2022 8:02 AM
Nov 2020
tbh man he is close to the reality imo wouldn't you have had saved your mom for a child who's literally one of your enemy(from connie's POV)...and about the whole "let's save the world" thing, it's actually a basic writing rule that you shouldn't encourage things that could bring harm to the society, like...genocide, mass destruction or any wrong doings. So I guess it makes sense that it ended up like that. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Feb 28, 2022 9:42 AM

Jan 2020
Yams was too scared to kill off Connie and now, he's just... there. forcibly trying to make him relevant this time around only turned him into the biggest clown of this circus of a finale.
Feb 28, 2022 9:47 AM
Feb 2021
FOR FUCKS SAKE! STOP COMPLAINING/WHINING ABOUT EVERYTHING SINGLE THING IN THE SHOW. STOP NITPICKING. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OPINIONS BUT JUST STOP THE ANIME DOESN'T NEED PEOPLE SUCH AS YOU
THIS SHOW IS A VERY WELL DONE.
Feb 28, 2022 9:51 AM
Feb 2021
Crack said:
I just think it's dumb how he's a trained soldier and he's letting his personal shit take priority over doing something about the literal genocide going down

wouldn't you do the same if you were him? he's human. if you disagree you just don't understand being human
Feb 28, 2022 9:56 AM
Feb 2021
SenbeiPan said:
m4ci3x said:

Why should I enjoy the bad writing?

then Don't spread hate and ruin it for others such as me
Feb 28, 2022 10:13 AM

Jan 2020
PRIDEFULLSINNER said:

If you're so fickle that your enjoyment heavily relies on other people's validation of the show, then I don't know what to say.
Feb 28, 2022 10:48 AM
Feb 2021
SenbeiPan said:
PRIDEFULLSINNER said:

If you consider giving an opinion as spreading hate, you won't have a good time on the internet
well I didn't really meant that. Well of course having a opinion is allowed. I actually meant most people who say that attack on titan has bad writing spread hate. Still sorry if I offended others.
Feb 28, 2022 11:46 AM
Sep 2020
Paja03 said:
Floch is the biggest chad in aot

he is the reason why the fumbling arc is still alive
Feb 28, 2022 11:55 AM

Feb 2020
Oh your a manga reader so you have been patiently waiting to complain about this I see. Well your not wrong everything could have been handled better in all honestly but whatever doesn't really bother me.
Mar 1, 2022 4:54 AM

Jul 2020
When the World is about to end, it's pretty normal that you'd lose your senses and won't care about anyone but yourself. The more surprising thing was how he didn't sacrifice Falco.
LightVelox said:
Lol, i'm liking this season but that whole "Let's save the world!" thing is cringe af

So Eren swooshing his Jacket scene wasn't cringe when it was even more dramatic than the "Let's save the world!" thing ?
Incest_Enjoyer said:
That pie scene was really off like how can he forgive her so easily just because she ate the pie in a funny way

The Female titan incident was years ago and they have a much bigger threat now. Survey corps killed innocent civilians and Armin nuked an entire town in Marley what about that huh? Plus, that scene was funny af.
ScordoloMar 1, 2022 4:58 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 1, 2022 5:26 AM

Aug 2018
There are those who think Conie is the same as Eren. They look straight forward and don't see the big picture. When Eren's mother died, there was only peace, no war. But Conie is a soldier and is already in the middle of a war. That's why it's the worst thing he can do to think of his mother at a time like this. which makes Conie the 3rd worst character. The worst character is karl fritz. then Gabi and then Conie.
Candies: (2023)

Candies: (2022)
Mar 1, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2020
Scordolo said:

So Eren swooshing his Jacket scene wasn't cringe when it was even more dramatic than the "Let's save the world!" thing ?

yeah funny. i think this jacket thing, plus the shitty mirror "tatakae" scene was cringe af.

but everybody else loves it.

yeah i don't get people sometimes.

Mar 1, 2022 8:31 AM

Jul 2020
animu007 said:
Scordolo said:

yeah funny. i think this jacket thing, plus the shitty mirror "tatakae" scene was cringe af.

but everybody else loves it.

yeah i don't get people sometimes.

This is my favorite Snk thread so far.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1998026
Perfectly captures out the hypocrisy of the fandom. It even surpassed the hypocrisy of the Mha fandom lmao.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 1, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2021
Connie was just very boring to me from the beginning
Mar 1, 2022 2:56 PM

Jan 2021
Lmao dude just wants to talk to his mom again after his whole village was slaughtered leave him alone.
Mar 1, 2022 6:04 PM
May 2020
This guy is real salty now
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

541 by devotaku »»
Yesterday, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

283 by Orochimaru9 »»
Jun 16, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.