Available on Manga Store
New
Lives of eldians or rest of the world .
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 31, 2022 9:44 AM
Jul 2021
LeonYeager said:
MyPaths9 said:

Zeke's side is exactly what I am talking about , Zeke's plan prevents Marley from getting the founder while also eradicating the eldians rather peacefully thus ending the global threat.
okay so, what about other countries? Let's say paradise and every eldians go extinct, as I said in my first quote, they will still fight relentlessly, yeah the threat of titans will be gone but then the war won't stop so what's the point?

Countries have been fighting in our world for for centuries too , but we haven't killed off each other and Marley wouldn't have the power of Titans so their conquest would stop , the world powers would balance each other and the chaos would slow down and ultimately stop.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2022 10:14 AM
Mar 2018
MyPaths9 said:
I personally believe eldians should go extinct as the consequence of their ancestors' crimes. They however should be given the memories that were taken from them so they can atone for their forefathers' sins.What do you think ? I am up for discussion. Not only because of the deeds of their ancestors but also because they possess constant threat to the rest of the world in the form of the rumbling , if the founder Titan were to fall in the hands of a deranged person then that could be disastrous.
By that logic, the entire world should have perished by now,as there is no one truly blameless. Sin is omnipresent and there are no sides. The only truth is freedom, freedom from the affairs of the world which would lead to freedom from hate.
Jan 31, 2022 10:30 AM
Jan 2021
I choose Zeke , his plan is better. Just because I've known Eren for 4 seasons and he hates Mikasa (your chad) doesn't make him objectively right , my nigga Eren wants to cause genocide , i can't possibly support that.
Jan 31, 2022 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
MyPaths9 said:
LeonYeager said:
okay so, what about other countries? Let's say paradise and every eldians go extinct, as I said in my first quote, they will still fight relentlessly, yeah the threat of titans will be gone but then the war won't stop so what's the point?

Countries have been fighting in our world for for centuries too , but we haven't killed off each other and Marley wouldn't have the power of Titans so their conquest would stop , the world powers would balance each other and the chaos would slow down and ultimately stop.
it would get lesser, but never stops. That's just how the world works. So yet I say it's pointless cuz a mass genocide is done to only make the world a little better
Jan 31, 2022 10:35 AM
Jul 2021
Gon_x_freecs said:
MyPaths9 said:
I personally believe eldians should go extinct as the consequence of their ancestors' crimes. They however should be given the memories that were taken from them so they can atone for their forefathers' sins.What do you think ? I am up for discussion. Not only because of the deeds of their ancestors but also because they possess constant threat to the rest of the world in the form of the rumbling , if the founder Titan were to fall in the hands of a deranged person then that could be disastrous.
By that logic, the entire world should have perished by now,as there is no one truly blameless. Sin is omnipresent and there are no sides. The only truth is freedom, freedom from the affairs of the world which would lead to freedom from hate.

Yes , everyone is at fault , no one is blameless . Don't forget eldians ruled over the world for centuries not only can they do it again they also have the ability to diminish all of them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2022 10:36 AM
Jul 2021
LeonYeager said:
MyPaths9 said:

it would get lesser, but never stops. That's just how the world works. So yet I say it's pointless cuz a mass genocide is done to only make the world a little better

I would say after the eldians are finished the word would start to function like our world which is far from perfect but still way better than the aot world.
Jan 31, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2021
what i like the most about aot is that eren is the protagonist until s3p2 where you get to see the story from the other perspective so you're totally free to choose your own protagonist. but, to me, no one is in the wrong in this story. frieda's conspiracy is absolutely not ok bcs no one should suffer for what their ancestors did. zeke is also mistaken to think that racial cleansing is fine for whatever reason. eren even disagrees with his own plan. but I think it's safe to say eren is the only one who's able to set things right as he has the power to do so.
skywattJan 31, 2022 11:07 AM
“this world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful”
Jan 31, 2022 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
MyPaths9 said:
LeonYeager said:

I would say after the eldians are finished the word would start to function like our world which is far from perfect but still way better than the aot world.
oh ok so I got u're point and I agree but still like u also said, it's all messed up and I even don't think anything can be done
Jan 31, 2022 12:35 PM

Sep 2014

troilus_05s said:
aka_panda said:

So ? They weren't doing anything. The current inhabitants of paradis have nothin to do with this.

Hell marley started the invasion just so they could steal the founder titan and be more powerful (as the world was advancing in anti-titan weapons) aka eldian empire 2.0 but a little less violent.
They justified their invasion by sugarcoating it as eldians being a potential threat.

Can zeke's plan solve this ? Yes. 100%
But why the fuck would one sacrifice himself so that his enemies can live in peace huhhhh ?
Eren is wrong in here too. Both the brothers are wrong. But a normal human would always choose self preservation over self harm

Edit - Not gonna bother replying to anyone anymore. This whole thing is stupid.

Marley was wrong. Eren is wrong. The World is right. You are looking it from Eren's perspective and even from his perspective, his plan is atrocious.

From a larger perspective, the world surviving is better. Zeke's plan ensures that.

Assuming that AoT's world is similar to ours in technological development, they are a decade or two before nukes. So Zeke's plan doesn't make sense logistically let alone ethically. A nation of 1 million people industrializing means nothing when a billion people want to kill you. The sterile and aging Eldians will not be able to protect themselves against weaponry of that caliber (nukes/modern bombers) with the outdated titan powers and make no mistake the world would attack them regardless if they are sterile or not.

There is nothing "better" in Zeke's plan other than number of deaths. And utilitarianism is a moronic ideology as it ignores basic human nature. Eldians will not take one for team (ie a result with less deaths).
They have only one card to play (with an expiration date).
Jan 31, 2022 12:48 PM

Jul 2021
Side eren because I care more about the characters we have been with for 3 seasons than the people of Marley who have had one season of screen time.

Jan 31, 2022 12:54 PM

Feb 2015
The eldians on Marley. Simply because of Mikasa's entire existence.
Jan 31, 2022 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
damn that poll so many Hitler wannabes /s

should we kill all people because of fake news spreading? Gabi realize its fake news that they are devils
degJan 31, 2022 1:35 PM
Jan 31, 2022 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
I'm a nihilist irl, but I don't compare rl with aot's world; it's literally fiction. I root for omnicide outside the walls, trample all.
Jan 31, 2022 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
Eren because he is doing the right thing. Eldians are not responsible for what their ancestors did 1000 years ago and they even had their memories deleted so they don't even know what their predecessors did wrong.

I think Zeke is wrong because he wants to make his people suffer less by ending his race with euthanization. Why should the victim of genocide pay with their life so the aggressor can be happy?

Just like Eren said: If they want to take my freedom, I will not hesitate to take theirs; which is a saying you should live by.

Jan 31, 2022 2:02 PM
Nov 2020
Mr-Ouija said:
Only one side, Eren kill them all.
he failed because he’s a garbage character
Jan 31, 2022 3:23 PM

Dec 2020
majinale said:

troilus_05s said:

Marley was wrong. Eren is wrong. The World is right. You are looking it from Eren's perspective and even from his perspective, his plan is atrocious.

From a larger perspective, the world surviving is better. Zeke's plan ensures that.

Assuming that AoT's world is similar to ours in technological development, they are a decade or two before nukes. So Zeke's plan doesn't make sense logistically let alone ethically. A nation of 1 million people industrializing means nothing when a billion people want to kill you. The sterile and aging Eldians will not be able to protect themselves against weaponry of that caliber (nukes/modern bombers) with the outdated titan powers and make no mistake the world would attack them regardless if they are sterile or not.

There is nothing "better" in Zeke's plan other than number of deaths. And utilitarianism is a moronic ideology as it ignores basic human nature. Eldians will not take one for team (ie a result with less deaths).

Assuming AoT's world is similar to ours is wrong. Anyway, Zeke's plan also includes passing down the Beast to Historia and all that stuff to ensure Eldians can still carry out the Rumbling. And the scale of the Rumbling is too big. It is impossible to stop it. The Founding Titan can make any and as many titans as it wants. It will take an instant for the Founding Titan to make 10000 new Colossal Titans.

The number of deaths being astronomically less is not "only". I am looking from a neutral perspective and I would rather like it if billions of innocent people won't die. Zeke's plan is the lesser of two evils. The 50 year plan was the best but they failed to carry it out.
Jan 31, 2022 4:18 PM

Sep 2014
troilus_05s said:
majinale said:

Assuming AoT's world is similar to ours is wrong. Anyway, Zeke's plan also includes passing down the Beast to Historia and all that stuff to ensure Eldians can still carry out the Rumbling. And the scale of the Rumbling is too big. It is impossible to stop it. The Founding Titan can make any and as many titans as it wants. It will take an instant for the Founding Titan to make 10000 new Colossal Titans.

The number of deaths being astronomically less is not "only". I am looking from a neutral perspective and I would rather like it if billions of innocent people won't die. Zeke's plan is the lesser of two evils. The 50 year plan was the best but they failed to carry it out.

Assuming that the age of titan domination in combat is coming to an end because of technology is not even speculative. It has been stated in the story already. From what we have seen AoT world resembles ours almost one to one technologically, aside from titans and some imaginary earth minerals. The 50 year plan is infeasible.

Zeke's plan is not the lesser of two evils, it's equally evil at best. The Eldians aren't the ones instigating the conflict in the current time period of that world. Placing yourself as the impartial observer by just counting the number of deaths and deciding the most "moral" outcome is kind of pointless. The outcome is binary , genocide vs genocide.

For the thread's poll i unironically believe that choosing the side based on the characters you like is a more valid argument.
Jan 31, 2022 5:55 PM

Dec 2020
majinale said:
troilus_05s said:

Assuming that the age of titan domination in combat is coming to an end because of technology is not even speculative. It has been stated in the story already. From what we have seen AoT world resembles ours almost one to one technologically, aside from titans and some imaginary earth minerals. The 50 year plan is infeasible.

Zeke's plan is not the lesser of two evils, it's equally evil at best. The Eldians aren't the ones instigating the conflict in the current time period of that world. Placing yourself as the impartial observer by just counting the number of deaths and deciding the most "moral" outcome is kind of pointless. The outcome is binary , genocide vs genocide.

For the thread's poll i unironically believe that choosing the side based on the characters you like is a more valid argument.

The manga mentioned the 50 year plan is feasible. The Paradis Government and their allies had made the plan together. There is no way to disprove it by saying the world is similar to ours. Plus, the "end of Titan domination" argument doesn't factor in the power of the Founding Titan and the Rumbling. The Rumbling is unstoppable.

"Eldians aren't instigating conflict..."
Ahem. Isn't Eren an Eldian? Eren getting the Founding was the reason Marley and other countries declared war. And Eren himself admitted he is a major threat to the world. And in response to the war declaration, he attacked a civilian zone, making things worse.

It isn't pointless. Killing billions of innocent people vs killing a million innocent people. There is a BIG difference.

Eldians are always a threat because the power can fall into the wrong hands. There is no guarantee.
troilus_05sJan 31, 2022 5:59 PM
Jan 31, 2022 6:17 PM
Jan 2022
troilus_05s said:
aka_panda said:

Are you a dumbass ?

I wasn't talking about whether anyone was a threat or not
"Should a child be judged for the sins of his forefathers and be condemned to hell ?" This was my point

"I personally believe eldians should go extinct as the consequence of their ancestors' crimes" the op's statement

The world wasn’t going against eldia becoz of them being a threat. They wanted to erase em cuz they are the "devils" aka the sinners

The World was attacking them because they are a threat lol. Willy's speech is based on that. He literally says "There has been a rebel against peace, threatening the world." And Eren admits it. You were comparing two completely different things and then went on to call others stupid lol.
that island will never be a threat if Marley never try to get their hands on the founding Titan. Who's the wrong one now?
Jan 31, 2022 6:21 PM
Jan 2022
1Kyo said:
It is very worrying that 80% think genocide of 7 billion people is the morally right thing to do here.
put yourself as an eldian perspective do you want to die just because someone you barely even know told you to?
Jan 31, 2022 6:36 PM

Mar 2018
Frieda, because she's hot ....

Same reason why people are supporting Eren...because he seems hot...
Jan 31, 2022 7:26 PM
Dec 2020
1Kyo said:
It is very worrying that 80% think genocide of 7 billion people is the morally right thing to do here.

So you think as long as the perpetrators are a majority and the victims are a minority, genocide is okay??
Jan 31, 2022 7:32 PM
Dec 2020
troilus_05s said:
aka_panda said:

So ? They weren't doing anything. The current inhabitants of paradis have nothin to do with this.

Hell marley started the invasion just so they could steal the founder titan and be more powerful (as the world was advancing in anti-titan weapons) aka eldian empire 2.0 but a little less violent.
They justified their invasion by sugarcoating it as eldians being a potential threat.

Can zeke's plan solve this ? Yes. 100%
But why the fuck would one sacrifice himself so that his enemies can live in peace huhhhh ?
Eren is wrong in here too. Both the brothers are wrong. But a normal human would always choose self preservation over self harm

Edit - Not gonna bother replying to anyone anymore. This whole thing is stupid.

Eren killing billions is not justified. But Zeke genociding the entire Eldian race is also not justified. Both are morally wrong.
And once you cross the line into genocide, there's no degree of how much genocide is okay and how much isn't.

Once let go of moral standards and justify genocide. Then it doesn't matter wether you genocide a few hundren million people, or a few billion people.
Jan 31, 2022 7:44 PM
Dec 2020
troilus_05s said:
majinale said:

The manga mentioned the 50 year plan is feasible. The Paradis Government and their allies had made the plan together. There is no way to disprove it by saying the world is similar to ours. Plus, the "end of Titan domination" argument doesn't factor in the power of the Founding Titan and the Rumbling. The Rumbling is unstoppable.

Ahem. Isn't Eren an Eldian? Eren getting the Founding was the reason Marley and other countries declared war. And Eren himself admitted he is a major threat to the world. And in response to the war declaration, he attacked a civilian zone, making things worse.

It isn't pointless. Killing billions of innocent people vs killing a million innocent people. There is a BIG difference.

Eldians are always a threat because the power can fall into the wrong hands. There is no guarantee.

Hanji herself says to Jean and Mikasa that the 50 year plan probably wouldn't have worked. She even accepts that the the reason Eren is doing the rumbling, is because she wasn't able to provide him with a feasible alternative.

And Eren only attacked Leberio in retaliation and self defense, to take the Warhemmer Titan.
Before that they were peacefully living on Paradis ignorant of the reality. Marley was the one that instigated the conflict and forced the Paradisians and specifically Eren to do what he did.

And ethically speaking, there is no difference between kill a few hundred million people and a few billion people. They are both equally wrong.
The both moment you step in the argument of genocide, the size of the genocided victims stops mattering.
Jan 31, 2022 9:59 PM

Sep 2014
troilus_05s said:
majinale said:

The 50 year plan is a byproduct of some of the characters in the series based on the knowledge that they have. It's the other way around of what you say, it's success rate is just speculation on their part and there are no indications that it will actually work other than their wishful thinking. Narrative wise it's just dramatic irony.

I know that some things are subjective, we don't really have to agree. All i am saying is that euthanizing a whole race of people for the sake of the world, after treating them like less than human for a century mind you, isn't the lesser of two evils. That world is so rotten that perishing might be the better choice.
majinaleJan 31, 2022 10:06 PM
Jan 31, 2022 10:20 PM

Feb 2021
troilus_05s said:
Xilver said:
I mean 5 guys with knifes are running at you to kill you, while you have a gun, it is immoral to use the gun and kill them? Absurd.
It's not about numbers, the duty of every individual and country is to protect his/its life.

The difference is that here it is billions of people. The entire world.

Sure, but the choice is the same on the level of principle. Kill the many to save the few in case the many are the aggressors.

I agree btw that the 50 year old plan is the best plan, i actually believe it has a decent shot of working because of how much of an evil empire marley is. Using mini-rumbling to play geopolitics, free ethnic minorities in marley and create buffer states between marley and paradis. All of that can work.
Again the reason Eren rejected it was Historia. It's not about logic in this case, it's just about the kind of person Eren is. I'm not even gonna argue that it fits with the ending, it sort of doesn't. But that's still the established reason in-universe.
Jan 31, 2022 10:54 PM
Jul 2020
im not a manga reader. i dont know future event except the ending. from what i see, im on eren side for now. let see how the story go.
Jan 31, 2022 11:05 PM
Apr 2021
MyPaths9 said:

Thats what former generation did. The new generation has nothing to do with. If next generation have to take all the responsibility for all the sin former generation did, just imagine the newer generation FROM BULLY NATIONS like British, Japan, Italy, Mongolians .....
Feb 1, 2022 12:47 AM

Dec 2020
majinale said:
troilus_05s said:

The 50 year plan is a byproduct of some of the characters in the series based on the knowledge that they have. It's the other way around of what you say, it's success rate is just speculation on their part and there are no indications that it will actually work other than their wishful thinking. Narrative wise it's just dramatic irony.

I know that some things are subjective, we don't really have to agree. All i am saying is that euthanizing a whole race of people for the sake of the world, after treating them like less than human for a century mind you, isn't the lesser of two evils. That world is so rotten that perishing might be the better choice.

And that same race treated many other countries like less than human for centuries. For over 1500 years. But that isn't the point. If I was in AoT, I would 99% not be an Eldian considering the population percentages. So, Zeke's plan is the best for me. From like 0.1% of the world's view, Eren is good. Those 0.1% are of course Eldians. And for the entire billions of innocent people, Eren is evil. He killed innocent people knowingly and it is undeniable.

Also, well, if I was born in AoT, I would ~99% be a non Eldian (considering the population percentages) so I will become Eren's target for absolutely no reason when I have nothing to do with Eren nor the military of my country who opposed Eren. From a neutral point of view, the world is more important than a single race of people. Especially when the said race can turn into titans so is an active threat.

"That world is so rotten that perishing might be the better choice."

That's what Zeke said :P
troilus_05sFeb 1, 2022 1:08 AM
Feb 1, 2022 12:54 AM

Dec 2020
Fuhrer_Wrath said:
troilus_05s said:

Hanji herself says to Jean and Mikasa that the 50 year plan probably wouldn't have worked. She even accepts that the the reason Eren is doing the rumbling, is because she wasn't able to provide him with a feasible alternative.

And Eren only attacked Leberio in retaliation and self defense, to take the Warhemmer Titan.
Before that they were peacefully living on Paradis ignorant of the reality. Marley was the one that instigated the conflict and forced the Paradisians and specifically Eren to do what he did.

And ethically speaking, there is no difference between kill a few hundred million people and a few billion people. They are both equally wrong.
The both moment you step in the argument of genocide, the size of the genocided victims stops mattering.

Marley's military attacked Paradis. Not the innocent Eldians living in Liberio who were killed in a terrorist attack by the great Eren Yeager. You are justifying killing innocent people of a country because of what their military did. And those innocent people here were Eldians, who were already oppressed in that said country.

Yes, there is a difference. I don't know how you can't comprehend such an easy thing. There is a clear difference between killing a million people and killing billions of people. Especially when those billions of people have nothing to do with the conflict and are not a threat while the million Eldians can turn into titans depending on the whim of the one with the Founding Titan. From a neutral point of view, the world is more important than a single race of people.
troilus_05sFeb 1, 2022 1:09 AM
Feb 1, 2022 12:57 AM

Dec 2020
Fuhrer_Wrath said:
troilus_05s said:

Eren killing billions is not justified. But Zeke genociding the entire Eldian race is also not justified. Both are morally wrong.
And once you cross the line into genocide, there's no degree of how much genocide is okay and how much isn't.

Once let go of moral standards and justify genocide. Then it doesn't matter wether you genocide a few hundren million people, or a few billion people.

It matters. If you were to be born in AoT's world, statistically you have over 99% chance to be born as a non Eldian. You will want the Eldians dead then, won't you? Most of the people here supporting Eren will oppose him if they were born in AoT's world considering most of them would be Eren's target.
Eldians are an active threat to the world. Who can turn into titans easily. The billions of innocent people are not a threat to the world.
From a neutral point of view, the world is more important than a single race of people.
troilus_05sFeb 1, 2022 1:09 AM
Feb 1, 2022 12:59 AM

Oct 2018
None.

What really happened at the forest back in S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZ80FvQDQ
Feb 1, 2022 12:59 AM

Dec 2020
Riotingmei said:
troilus_05s said:

The World was attacking them because they are a threat lol. Willy's speech is based on that. He literally says "There has been a rebel against peace, threatening the world." And Eren admits it. You were comparing two completely different things and then went on to call others stupid lol.
that island will never be a threat if Marley never try to get their hands on the founding Titan. Who's the wrong one now?

And when did I say Marley was right? Never did I say that. Marley was wrong. Eren is wrong. The world is right. The world has billions of innocent people who have nothing to do with this and they are going to be Eren's target for absolutely no reason. If Eren was only attacking the world's militaries, I would not have minded but attacking and killing innocent civilians is horrible, unjustifiable and a war crime. Those civilians have got nothing to do with their military nor with Eren. Poor people.
Feb 1, 2022 1:01 AM

Dec 2020
Louro_8 said:
None.

The best choice :)
Feb 1, 2022 1:06 AM

Dec 2020
Xilver said:
troilus_05s said:

The difference is that here it is billions of people. The entire world.

Sure, but the choice is the same on the level of principle. Kill the many to save the few in case the many are the aggressors.

I agree btw that the 50 year old plan is the best plan, i actually believe it has a decent shot of working because of how much of an evil empire marley is. Using mini-rumbling to play geopolitics, free ethnic minorities in marley and create buffer states between marley and paradis. All of that can work.
Again the reason Eren rejected it was Historia. It's not about logic in this case, it's just about the kind of person Eren is. I'm not even gonna argue that it fits with the ending, it sort of doesn't. But that's still the established reason in-universe.

Yes, agreed. The 50 year plan was the best one.

Also, well, if I was born in AoT, I would ~99% be a non Eldian (considering the population percentages) so I will become Eren's target for absolutely no reason when I have nothing to do with Eren nor the military of my country who opposed Eren. From a neutral point of view, the world is more important than a single race of people. Especially when the said race can turn into titans on the whims on the great Eren Yeager.
Feb 1, 2022 1:25 AM

Feb 2021
troilus_05s said:
Xilver said:

Also, well, if I was born in AoT, I would ~99% be a non Eldian (considering the population percentages) so I will become Eren's target for absolutely no reason when I have nothing to do with Eren nor the military of my country who opposed Eren. From a neutral point of view, the world is more important than a single race of people. Especially when the said race can turn into titans on the whims on the great Eren Yeager.

Well the military of your country is right to be cautious of Eldians, it's not like they don't have a point. So as a citizen i don't believe it's right to completely wash your hands. The world is not like that.
The world was right to fear Eldians, and especially the founding titan. And Eren was right to assume that they will always fear Eldians, and it cannot be any other way. It's not like there's an answer to it. You can have faith, that all the sides will understand this, and be mature & moral. But as the leader, the top guy of your country you cannot allow yourself that, you are responsible for millions of life. Leaders must make tough decisions to defend their nations, and national interests. All the sides must be understood, military and leaders have their valid side.
I feel like sometimes when things already went so wrong as they did, then there are no longer right answers left. There isn't always an escape, or an answer, sometimes it's a checkmate. And Eren did what he did because he is Eren. Karl Fritz the pacifist king ultimately is the reason why the situation is unsolvable. He didn't need to destroy the empire in such a matter, basically dooming his own people to annihilation in the future. He could have destroyed the empire to create a federation. Stopping the oppression without dooming his own people to oppression.
Eren was born into the predicament he was, and he chose to fight. His incredible fighting spirit is his defining characteristic. That's why people love him. But well, you know the ending.
I don't know if seeing things from neutral position is truly possible here. There are too many things at play, too many philosophies, too many moral frameworks and value priorities.
XilverFeb 1, 2022 1:31 AM
Feb 1, 2022 1:34 AM

Sep 2014
troilus_05s said:
Fuhrer_Wrath said:

Marley's military attacked Paradis. Not the innocent Eldians living in Liberio who were killed in a terrorist attack by the great Eren Yeager. You are justifying killing innocent people of a country because of what their military did. And those innocent people here were Eldians, who were already oppressed in that said country.

Yes, there is a difference. I don't know how you can't comprehend such an easy thing. There is a clear difference between killing a million people and killing billions of people. Especially when those billions of people have nothing to do with the conflict and are not a threat while the million Eldians can turn into titans depending on the whim of the one with the Founding Titan. From a neutral point of view, the world is more important than a single race of people.

It's not that your concept is difficult to grasp, like bigger number = worse. It's just that i disagree. The biological imperative of self presentation is not immoral. The flaw in your logic is that you try to quantify human misfortune (which is the main reason utilitarianism is a trash ideology in practice).
Feb 1, 2022 1:37 AM
Jul 2018
Full Rumbling - billions die, titan curse continues, (cycle of cannibalism, 13 year lifespans, dangerous powers)

Euthanasia - test rumbling, millions die, titan curse ends

50 year plan - test rumbling, millions die, titan curse continues (cycle of cannibalism, 13 year lifespans, dangerous powers)

From a utilitarian standpoint, Euthanasia is the least harmful, but it neglects the right of Eldians to make their own choices, so from a libertarian standpoint it is bad, which is also why Eren despises it so much.
Feb 1, 2022 1:39 AM

Dec 2020
Xilver said:
troilus_05s said:

Well the military of your country is right to be cautious of Eldians, it's not like they don't have a point. So as a citizen i don't believe it's right to completely wash your hands. The world is not like that.
The world was right to fear Eldians, and especially the founding titan. And Eren was right to assume that they will always fear Eldians, and it cannot be any other way. It's not like there's an answer to it. You can have faith, that all the sides will understand this, and be mature & moral. But as the leader, the top guy of your country you cannot allow yourself that, you are responsible for millions of life. Leaders must make tough decisions to defend their nations, and national interests. All the sides must be understood, military and leaders have their valid side.
I feel like sometimes when things already went so wrong as they did, then there are no longer right answers left. There isn't always an escape, or an answer, sometimes it's a checkmate. And Eren did what he did because he is Eren. Karl Fritz the pacifist king ultimately is the reason why the situation is unsolvable. He didn't need to destroy the empire in such a matter, basically dooming his own people to annihilation in the future. He could have destroyed the empire to create a federation. Stopping the oppression without dooming his own people to oppression.
Eren was born into the predicament he was, and he chose to fight. His incredible fighting spirit is his defining characteristic. That's why people love him. But well, you know the ending.
I don't know if seeing things from neutral position is truly possible here. There are too many things at play, too many philosophies, too many moral frameworks and value priorities.

Feb 1, 2022 1:43 AM

Dec 2020
majinale said:
troilus_05s said:

It's not that your concept is difficult to grasp, like bigger number = worse. It's just that i disagree. The biological imperative of self presentation is not immoral. The flaw in your logic is that you try to quantify human misfortune (which is the main reason utilitarianism is a trash ideology in practice).

You really think killing a single person is the same as killing one thousand people? Anyway, we will just have to agree to disagree here. I will any day choose the entire world over a single race.
Feb 1, 2022 1:47 AM

Sep 2014
troilus_05s said:
Xilver said:

You really think killing a single person is the same as killing one thousand people? Anyway, we will just have to agree to disagree here. I will any day choose the entire world over a single race.

I told you that we don't have to agree. At least now we know what we are disagreeing on.
majinaleFeb 1, 2022 1:51 AM
Feb 1, 2022 1:49 AM

Oct 2018
troilus_05s said:
Louro_8 said:
None.

Glad someone agrees lol
Everyone is like "next episode is gonna be peak, then it goes downhill until 131". Sure, I agree next episode will adapt some of the best scenes in AoT, just like the previous 2 eps, but I honestly can't wait for 124 - 129
What really happened at the forest back in S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZ80FvQDQ
Feb 1, 2022 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
Louro_8 said:
troilus_05s said:

Glad someone agrees lol
Everyone is like "next episode is gonna be peak, then it goes downhill until 131". Sure, I agree next episode will adapt some of the best scenes in AoT, just like the previous 2 eps, but I honestly can't wait for 124 - 129

Yeah, 127 especially is such a good chapter

Feb 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Sep 2014
Louro_8 said:
troilus_05s said:

Glad someone agrees lol

To be fair, the current episodes are the climax of the whole story. The resolution that comes after that is either good or bad depending on where you stand.
Feb 1, 2022 2:04 AM

Oct 2018
Jabungus said:
Louro_8 said:

Glad someone agrees lol

Yeah, 127 especially is such a good chapter

Yeah that's the best moment from those chapters

Feb 1, 2022 2:06 AM

Oct 2018
majinale said:
Louro_8 said:

Glad someone agrees lol

To be fair, the current episodes are the climax of the whole story. The resolution that comes after that is either good or bad depending on where you stand.

I agree. It's just that I also really like chapters 124 - 129, which many manga readers seem not to like that much. The only weird one is honestly 126, but I hope MAPPA rearranges it somehow
Feb 1, 2022 2:12 AM

Feb 2021
troilus_05s said:
Xilver said:

Feb 1, 2022 2:47 AM

May 2021
1Kyo said:
Nah there ain't 7 billion population in aot's world.
Feb 1, 2022 6:14 AM

Sep 2020
not both

both are shit

the one who have founding titan is your younger brother, cry about it, your euthanasia won't work, even though you get a lucky deus ex machina, why would you expect too high over doing an euthanasia for paradis while you know your hopes won't be fullfilled 70%

One didn't fullfilled the task or even didn't wanted rumbling at start, in the end it was a bullshit all along
Feb 1, 2022 10:34 AM

Sep 2020
even though eren is my top 10 char i'd go with zeke
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

281 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.