Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2021 6:43 AM

Jan 2016
Jesus Christ, the way that the music stopped in the car scene at the end while Minato's mom got distracted with tearing up made me think they were going to crash and make Minato lose his memories again
Nov 5, 2021 2:51 AM

Jun 2019
My 167th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Nov 12, 2021 6:48 PM

Oct 2019
Like I mentioned in my comment on the 10th episode since this is (apparently) a single cour series too much screen time was wasted on prep and character development and too little on actual competitive sports with other teams. The game with the preteens / early teens does not count, since it was a practice match. So we had 10 episodes for prep and just 2 to show us the results of that prep. So there was no way the ending could not have been rushed.

Though it was rushed the last episode hid a pleasant surprise. Just like Minato's team mates were fooled I believe we viewers were all also fooled, i.e. that Minato reverted back to being mean. Yet it was another one of his feints, which finally gave the opportunity to poor Yoshiharu to shine.

We finally also saw Amihama not just smile (smirk?) but laugh too, though in a creepy / menacing way. And we also saw the last of Chinu-chan who just like Minato became kinder and more selfless she decided to be a bit more selfish; Minato inspired her to change as well, but in the opposite direction. If some miracle occurs and this anime is renewed I really hope that was the last we saw of Chinu-chan. While I love her VA Lynn I hated this character of hers because she was largely redundant..

All in all it was a decent-ish effort that could have been better. I am split between rating it 6/10 or 7/10, since I believe it was worth 6.5/10 So, should I round up or down? I might decide when I post a full review and rate plot, characters, music etc individually..
SharpedonNov 12, 2021 7:22 PM
Dec 1, 2021 9:10 PM

Dec 2020
I have a confession to make, Minato's father looks like the beast titan and I want a second season.
Dec 22, 2021 5:40 AM

Jun 2020
Nice little last episode & how that 1 score meant so much more to them & was more defining than even winning. It really needed another season/more episodes. I really liked the characters & I wished it weren’t so rushed. At the end when Minato said he wondered what would that “other” Minato have written, I felt so bad for him. It’s nice that he’s beginning to manage his identity of self & his struggles, I know he seemed like such an ass but I was hoping to see more of that character development.

So glad that Captain & his dad are starting to communicate more & even Amiami walking out of Momo’s shadow. Sadly there weren’t much room for the other characters to shine, I really wanted to see more of Buu & the rest. And Momo.......He’s so fine.........

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 28, 2021 1:13 PM

Oct 2017
This thing need a season 2 so bad..

Is like it just started and it ends.
Good characters , chemistry and art but hold back by its length.
Should have get more episodes like Free! to hold up with the story.
Is like this thing is only a prologue

I like the "Nice Minato" better, dissing this personality completely w.o any closure is such wasted potential. I was so hoping their memory can merge at some point and him remember the past year but nooo, wasted potential, and only the "Edgy Minato" turns a little nicer.

Tbh 12 episodes is not enough to hold a twist like this and make the story flash out.
Jan 8, 2022 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
I need the second season right now
Jan 12, 2022 5:54 AM

Aug 2017
Ngl when they were all in the car I thought they were gonna have another crash. Terrible final episode. Yes, they lost but its kinda dumb when you realized this.....an INJURIED person is allowed to play and SOMEHOW can play without issues.

Re-Main failed at delivering us a sport feeling, in fact, this anime made me think water polo sucks. 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 19, 2022 12:15 AM
Apr 2022
I wish there was a season 2 or a movie. I want to know more about the sport of water polo even though I can't swim. if there is a season 2 focus on sports and a little drama. WAITING FOR SEASON 2
Jan 5, 2023 2:11 PM

Jan 2021
I really liked the little scenes at the end, the daddy issue guy talking with his dad and minato talking with his sis was so cute (almost cried lmao). It was a cute lil final episode, ended like there was going to be a next season. Overall I'll give Re-Main a solid 7.5/10, it entertained me and i liked the animation, even though parts of the plot were kinda boring imo. Still liked the main idea and the vibes. The dub is pretty neat too. Wouldnt rewatch but it was still pretty good and i would watch a second season. good season finale.
"Akira, why am I the only one talking?"
Jan 5, 2023 2:46 PM

Jan 2021
I really liked the little scenes at the end, the daddy issue guy talking with his dad and minato talking with his sis was so cute (almost cried lmao). It was a cute lil final episode, ended like there was going to be a next season. Overall I'll give Re-Main a solid 7.5/10, it entertained me and i liked the animation, even though parts of the plot were kinda boring imo. Still liked the main idea and the vibes. The dub is pretty neat too. Wouldnt rewatch but it was still pretty good and i would watch a second season. good season finale.
"Akira, why am I the only one talking?"
Feb 5, 2023 12:30 AM
May 2022
great end to the series
Apr 25, 2023 1:28 PM

Aug 2018
Finished the show just now and I gotta say, I'm of the opposite opinion when it comes to the amnesia: I genuinely thought it was the best thing about this anime.

I've watched a few sports anime, but when it comes to my personal taste, I like it when there's a hook outside of the sports element. With Haikyuu it was fine since that was my first one, but if all the anime in the genre copied it, it would get repetitive and boring. Re-Main managed to avoid that by putting an emphasis not entirely on the sport, but on Minato as a character and his internal conflict clashing with the world around him. The character exploration was genuinely well put together, except for a few of them that didn't get much at all (my poor Baba :( ). I hope that if ever they do pick it up for a second season that we'll get to see them fleshed out more. 
May 14, 2023 10:18 PM

Jun 2019
pastelfeelings said:
Finished the show just now and I gotta say, I'm of the opposite opinion when it comes to the amnesia: I genuinely thought it was the best thing about this anime.

I've watched a few sports anime, but when it comes to my personal taste, I like it when there's a hook outside of the sports element. With Haikyuu it was fine since that was my first one, but if all the anime in the genre copied it, it would get repetitive and boring. Re-Main managed to avoid that by putting an emphasis not entirely on the sport, but on Minato as a character and his internal conflict clashing with the world around him. The character exploration was genuinely well put together, except for a few of them that didn't get much at all (my poor Baba :( ). I hope that if ever they do pick it up for a second season that we'll get to see them fleshed out more. 
Agreed wholeheartedly with this. As a non-existent fan of sports in real life, and not usually a big fan of sports anime either (I don't dislike most - I'm just not interested in starting watching a lot of them), I like and am definitely more pulled in by series that either feature a less commonly featured and popular sport and go for something a little more unconventional and niche (like water polo for instance, as in Re-Main) just because it's an opportunity to get to see something you don't usually see showcased and possibly learn some interesting things about it, or do something more varied and complex with their characters/character development, or both. I watched Re-Main for the former, but the latter was a reveal and pleasant surprise which only came later on. 
Jun 2, 2023 9:59 AM
Aug 2020
devamını isteim
Aug 17, 2023 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
Yes!!
Team work is important!
We got a lilbit of drama, but "happy" end..

I am not the type who likes BL or muscle type anime..
But this anime kinda rare and interest me..

Just hoppin this anime can shine like Slam Dunk and have the same lenght of episode (50++) to make it full journey on sport anime

Nov 12, 2023 7:46 AM
Aug 2022
Nice ending to Kamekichi adventures with him sleeping peacefully without his loser roommates around.

Overall I like observing day to day life of a tortoise and his aloof nature unimpressed by all the drama caused by an ungrateful bastard living in his house.
Jan 28, 1:33 PM
Jul 2022
no words , just incredible
Mar 28, 11:42 PM
Jun 2020
It was okay. To be honest, I thought the previous episode and this one were some of the best in this series, but when I read the reviews and some posts I realized that the show ended a bit abruptly. It's like they ran out of time (that's what happened, lol). And I don't even know if it's going to get a second season.

The personalities of the characters were good. Some needed more self confidence and self love or the other way around. But overall they were great.

I'm not a fan of anime that feature stories with memory loss, but I liked this one, and I recommend it if you want to have a good time watching how teamwork is necessary to win in a sport like water polo and to improve yourself and your relationship with others. It's also nice to see the family support of some of the characters. ♡

8/10 Because I don't like to give very low scores and this anime doesn't deserve them either.
Apr 10, 1:38 PM
May 2022
prob change my rating
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 11, 2021

49 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

106 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2021

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2021

32 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.