Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2021 9:35 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, a microwave in the classroom? Such a luxury, man xD

Lovely episode overall. Koguma made her first friend in high-school and is slowly coming out of her shell by visiting new places with her Cub. Already liking Reiko's character, by the way.
Apr 14, 2021 9:45 PM
Mar 2021
Yay new friend. I want to say again that I really like the atmosphere. Lastly, I was a little surprised because they have a microwave in the classroom.
Apr 14, 2021 10:39 PM

Feb 2020
Another excellent and wholesome episode. I like Reiko already. :)

The atmosphere in this show is fantastic.

SerafosJan 13, 3:19 AM
Apr 14, 2021 10:45 PM

Jul 2011
Reiko with her bike show off, what an sound from engine :D

I hope they will get closer.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 14, 2021 10:49 PM

May 2020
I felt so uncomfortable watching Reiko and Koguma's conversation, i love how they captured that kind of sensation

๐•”๐•™๐•š๐•๐•๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜

Apr 14, 2021 11:21 PM
Apr 2021
After watching this anime, I want to go out with my scooter
Apr 14, 2021 11:29 PM

Mar 2021
I really like the color symbolism of the show. It starts off with a very dark, black and white background and then slowly it becomes more and more colorful towards the end of the episode.
UnafliatedApr 14, 2021 11:34 PM

Apr 14, 2021 11:48 PM
May 2019
Did some research after the first episode. She bought that bike for 10K yen. Witch is about 98 to 101 US dollars. A used motorbike like that goes for about $1000 on the local second hand market where I live. So doing the the math she got a 90% discount. Nice deal for a working motorbike with barley any miles. That said this show is great it's so wholesome. And to tell the writer really like motorbikes by the way everything looks and the detail they go into.
Apr 14, 2021 11:50 PM
May 2019
Unafliated said:
I really like the color symbolism of the show. It starts off with a very dark, black and white background and then slowly it becomes more and more colorful towards the end of the episode.
Clannad did a similar thing. Speaking of the wholesomeness of this show is like therapy after watching that
Apr 15, 2021 12:56 AM

Nov 2017
Reiko seems cool. Koguma really needs to go faster than 20 kilometers on the street though. Not sure about Japan, but in the states you can get a ticket for going too slow.
Apr 15, 2021 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
another really nice episode, opening is great and its kinda giving me non non biyori vibes. seems like koguma getting bullied a bit at school but its nice to see her finally make a friend, reiko seems interesting and she's definitely a cool character. did some exploring there at the end there, cant wait to see where she'll go with the cub!
Apr 15, 2021 2:10 AM

Nov 2013
another chill episode, glad to see her make a friend and open up a bit more, it's really wholesome
Apr 15, 2021 3:14 AM

Mar 2014
The scene where she forgot to turn off the turn signal because it wasn't a route that was part of her routine was priceless. Every new driver has gone through stuff like this.
Kaidu-Apr 15, 2021 3:17 AM
Apr 15, 2021 3:17 AM

Oct 2007
she managed to find a friend because of her super cub.

maybe they would do some travels in later episodes.
Apr 15, 2021 4:19 AM
Mar 2021
Boring anime. I don't understand the purpose of the story of this anime. If you're bored, this anime will make you extra bored. I thought that maybe it'll will pick up pace after ep 1, but ep 2 is just as dull.
Apr 15, 2021 5:38 AM

Jun 2016
shaedyoo said:
Boring anime. I don't understand the purpose of the story of this anime. If you're bored, this anime will make you extra bored. I thought that maybe it'll will pick up pace after ep 1, but ep 2 is just as dull.

yoo just have low of taste anime !!

you better watch anime genre ecchi and some shit like that !!

this anime is relaxing and enjoyable to watch ...
Apr 15, 2021 6:08 AM

Jul 2014
A slight change in atmosphere this episode with the introduction of Reiko, but another stellar episode this week. From the joy of taking a side trip and widening her horizons, to little moments like forgetting to turn off her indicator a couple of times due to said side trip, Koguma was adorable once again. Her conversations with Reiko were a little awkward, but as Koguma has been shown to be very quiet and rarely speak, that's no real surprise and is something I'm sure she'll improve as she gets to know Reiko better; working up the courage to say good morning to her was already a pretty big step to start with. Also kind of impressed that she so casually responded to the jibes aimed at her in home ec, as I fully expected her to just ignore them.

On a side note, what kind of luxury school has a microwave in the classroom?
Apr 15, 2021 6:30 AM

Oct 2016
Man, another fantastic episode! This show is just so depressingly relaxing. The OP was great and the mainly piano soundtrack of the show really fits.

Had to pause when Koguma was imagining suddenly standing up and saying she rode a motorbike to school, that shii gave me anxiety lmao, I thought it was real. The atmosphere is just so great, they also really nailed the awkwardness between Koguma and Reiko, but I am sure they will become more closer, that smile to each other was precious. Reiko really tricked out that cub like damn. After most of the episode being monotonous, the colors just pops when it appears you know, it's really cool.

Koguma forgetting to turn off the signal lights was cute and accurate for a beginner lmao. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 15, 2021 7:10 AM

May 2010
Hmm...not relatable but this episode remind me of Zetsumeshi Road.
Apr 15, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
Yeah this was another really calming episode that just is really immersive, even if it has the feel of a glorified advertisement campaign for Honda and their Cub line. I did say though in some previous forum somewhere for a different show, nothing wrong with being an advert as long as the content of the anime is still good, and for this show, it sure is. Even liked the new girl too and the little interactions they had with each other, while still maintaining distance during school itself as they're focused on their own lives too. Visuals and music click nicely too as usual, good to have an anime like this be like a palate cleanser of the heavy grease that is most of the other shows this season.
Apr 15, 2021 7:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The bgm keep soothing me, holy hell! Well, the way she got to see another fellow cub rider as her classmate. Damn, its surely got a strange feeling at first. However, since they shared the same common, no need to rush the things up, and take it easy living up each of your desires first. The chill when she finally used a different path with her Super Cub. That's a nice change of pace! The horizon is indeed widen. You take it slow, girl, no need to hurry it up. Then you can get a better understanding between you and that girl. Slow burner, better than no burn at all!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 15, 2021 10:32 AM
Jun 2020
I'm enjoying it. It kind of speaks to me as someone also living a life that feels a bit aimless and without much social interaction.
Apr 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
The way Koguma second guesses everything she does, created fake scenarios on her head and how awkward with no flow her conversation was with Reiko is so perfect for an introvert, it is like a kick in the nuts, but in a good and familiar way.
Apr 15, 2021 1:35 PM

Jan 2020
I like Reiko, and Koguma ... that he has a "scooter" instead of a motorcycle made some of his classmates disappointed, that scene made me remember the bad thing about Japan, where I read that even if you don't have to eat at your school , it is necessary to wear the best clothes and sometimes the modern cell phone just so as not to suffer the contempt of others, I am happy for Koguma who has found a friend and a passion

The chapters still seem slow to me, even more than Yuru Camp to which I sometimes compare

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ใˆใˆใ„๏ผ ใชใ‚“ใงใ‚‚ ใ‚„ใฃใฆ ใ‚„ใ‚‹
Apr 15, 2021 1:58 PM

Nov 2013
This struck so close to home lol. I was just like MC. Wanting to be noticed, but always gloomy and quiet, all by myself. AND, when someone did talk to me, usually I'd just nod or say very little. Reiko also seemed to notice this - that MC wasn't talkative at all. Sadly that pisses off a lot of people, or they don't try to bond any further.
Also, it felt nostalgic when MC went to "yet unknown lands". For introverts such as us, these are really memorable moments. Finding courage to go beyond.
Heck, this does inspire people to go out there and discover something beyond the places you're used to seeing every day.
Apr 15, 2021 3:32 PM

Apr 2018
Reiko is cute and how she made friends with our MC here because they ride Cubs. I feel like she's really free and riding her cub makes her feel free. Her Cub looks super decked out and nice.
Apr 15, 2021 3:37 PM
Jun 2020
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
For introverts such as us, these are really memorable moments. Finding courage to go beyond.
Heck, this does inspire people to go out there and discover something beyond the places you're used to seeing every day.

It's one of those episodes that makes you think "if only solving life's problems was as simple as in anime".
Apr 15, 2021 3:55 PM
Feb 2021
Something i really liked is how the show gradually got more and more colourful and she stared to socialize more.
Apr 15, 2021 4:36 PM

Jul 2012
Lol at those kids who were like "ah it's just a scooter"... well, how many motorcycles are YOU riding on, picky bunch??

Reiko is interesting but I see she has that kind of weird personality that goes from almost ignoring you to invite you to have lunch out of nowhere lol

This show is really relaxing and enjoyable, I'm liking it a lot!
Apr 15, 2021 6:47 PM

Aug 2020
I'm loving every second of this anime. I'm so happy to see that Komugi is starting to become more self-aware and proud of herself. She even made a new friend! Reiko was a stranger at first, but in the second half of the episode, they had lunch together close to their bikes. The next friend will be Shii, from what I saw. Super Cub is so good.

Apr 15, 2021 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
chill episode once again!
great that Koguma had acquired a new friend Reiko and she has extensive knowledge about scooters and not only that! even others! nice!
5/5.

Apr 15, 2021 9:37 PM
Jun 2020
This anime is soooo relaxing
Apr 15, 2021 9:52 PM

Jun 2020
Another chill episode, it feels so great to see Koguma's smile and Reiko as her new friend...
Apr 15, 2021 11:24 PM
Jan 2021
The items in the background, facial expression and atmosphere from small acts are so detailed and the calm musics, the artstyle makes my day better.
Apr 15, 2021 11:46 PM

Aug 2018
The writing seems solid for this one: good characterization and genuine character moments. The writers & director pay attention to detail, both in the writing and in the auditory and visual storytelling. Good use of silences as well as music and Foley. The setting and pacing are a great fit with the story. Dialogue is just right and is perfect for these characters' personalities. I was a bit put off by how abruptly Reiko leaves sometimes, but that's because of the character's believable quirks, not anything wrong with the writing. The characters' awkwardness and various minor flaws only serve to enhance them and their realistic portrayal.

Only two minor issues (preferences, not criticisms): I'm a bit put off by the shape of the face/eyes with some of the sad / frown expressions - for some reason the character design looks a bit malformed to me at times. A touch of the uncanny. That and the lines on the cheeks are distracting.

And yes, the show seems like a Honda ad - but not to the detriment of the story. If anything, it makes me go "Yep, a good story, but also an ad, and yep, now I want to go get a scooter." lol ... Very minor criticisms if anything.

And its sedate pacing and sound design are a perfect part of the mood (and part of the introversion element). If you're bored by this anime, this simply isn't the right kind of story for you at this point in your life. Try again later.

And as they say: If you're bored (in any context), it's probably because you're a boring person. Try doing something about that. You'll be glad you did. :-)

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

Apr 16, 2021 2:04 AM

Aug 2017
_PALS_ said:
They talking about Arai and Shoei Helmet.. and here i have cheapest shit.
Reiko is good.

When she said Arai, I was like WTF and it was given for FREEE and those gloves uughhh!!!!
I was happy when I saw Reiko's Shoei it really defines her! Now I have to buy a new helmet, an ARAI that is!!!!

Apr 16, 2021 2:42 AM

Nov 2013
It’s really moving seeing Koguma’s character progression— trying to change in little ways and in her own way.

We see what she envisions for herself vs. her reality (ie. wanting to tell all her classmates she came to school on her Cub, but in reality she stays quietly at her seat).
It’s a really beautiful depiction of the struggles someone like her has, being alone all this time— no friends, no family, no hobbies... no matter how much she may want what others have, it’s only realistic that things can’t change immediately for her.

They really highlighted Koguma’s unease really well — at nighttime wondering whether Reiko would talk to her again the next day; her subtle anxiety while saying ‘Good Morning’ to Reiko; Koguma’s glance at Reiko leaving after school without saying goodbye, when one might expect her to do so.

All of the development feels very organic and realistic.
Nothing groundbreaking happens or drastically changes for Koguma, but the things that do are meaningful nonetheless.

But I love how Koguma’s Super Cub has given her some new perspective. It’s like wearing new shoes to school as a child or having something fresh that makes you want to wake up the next day.
For Koguma, she now has those side trips with her Cub to look forward to.

And I can only imagine that her life will begin to look more and more colourful.

Really great all around!
Apr 16, 2021 8:27 AM
Jan 2010
"maybe she'll talk to me again" mc is cringe prime
Apr 16, 2021 9:09 AM

Dec 2018
It was so cute!! Koguma have found herself a little girlfriend who also drives a motorcycle. And she couldn't stop thinking about her.Laying in her bed late at night and cant get her out of her mind ♥♥♥ It was love at first sight

Awwwwww my lesbian angel are in love,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Great episode but she need more girlfriends and I want more Yuri vibes =P But this episode was super cute! Love it

Yuri-CrusaderApr 16, 2021 10:07 AM
Apr 16, 2021 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Reiko is a bright girl. I love her personalities. Of course, including this show's atmospheres and main theme.
OP and ED also wonderful. Looking forward to Koguma's coming-of-age tale as cub driver.
removed-userApr 17, 2021 1:44 AM
Apr 17, 2021 1:41 AM
Oct 2019
I can't wait for them to grow closer, this its time, it feels very grounded and real in many ways, I love the melancholic lonely feeling that is dominating these early episodes at the same time I really want Koguma to grow out of her shell and to be able to bond closer with Reiko.

Koguma's smile when Reiko calls her a friend is so precious. I really root for this friendship to grow deeper.
Apr 17, 2021 3:31 AM
Nov 2020
20:42 Are those typical gas prices in Japan?
Apr 17, 2021 6:08 AM
Oct 2010
kuwangpa said:

Those prices are for a liter of gas. It equates to something like 5 USD per gallon (for regular).

And yeah, seems pretty normal.
Apr 17, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2020
The thing that stands out the most for me from this show is its pacing. It feels so real like the events are happening in real time lol. Loved the music too especially that ED.
Apr 17, 2021 2:47 PM
Nov 2020
Kothra said:
kuwangpa said:

Those prices are for a liter of gas. It equates to something like 5 USD per gallon (for regular).

And yeah, seems pretty normal.

Oh wow, guess it's relatively cheaper in the U.S. then (though that doesn't really say much)!
Apr 17, 2021 10:27 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing anime. Koguma sure is something. I like the atmosphere. Those gray colours are relaxing af. Not your typical SOL. I hope it stays like this, I don't particularly like cheerful characters.
Shambala is so far Away...
Apr 17, 2021 11:49 PM

Jun 2019
I love Koguma so much. She's so cute and her smile is just too pure. I like Reiko's personality as well. The OP and ED both are really good and relaxing just like the show itself.
Apr 18, 2021 11:12 AM

Jan 2018
Was hoping for a good SoL for this season after last season was so strong. This seems to be fitting the bill. Can't wait for the episodes to be full of color as her would opens up. Really like the style. Super down to earth and relatable.
Apr 19, 2021 5:38 AM

Nov 2010
I like slow shows, but this show is so slow and has so little to it right now that I question if I'm watching a long commercial with some nice picture and I question why I still watch it.
I will give it some more episodes to give the characters some ... character. That would definitely help.
Apr 19, 2021 8:35 AM

Apr 2021
It's like watching girl grow.

The authors are going for something that's very hard to pull off and easily misunderstood. So far it's working really well. Scenes get their meaning from little details that we can recognize and remember from real life but rarely actually notice. It's almost boring but actually intimate.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

129 by Myetx »»
Sep 15, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

173 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

108 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2021

68 by mo_lave »»
Aug 24, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2021

100 by mo_lave »»
Aug 23, 3:42 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.