Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 4, 2021 7:24 PM

Feb 2021
I really enjoyed this segment...
Damn! Nino looks lovely in this outfit..
Mar 4, 2021 7:38 PM

Jul 2014
Ahhh now I remember getting spoiled about that last scene a while back and the surge of the snake comments.

First Yotsuba and now Itsuki, Miku feeling jealous of her sisters for Futaro is hilarious. Man, she's too cute, that scene at the beginning with Nino... my heart! Speaking of Nino, my god she just keeps getting cuter, she has no brakes and I love her for that.

Seriously, at this point I think it would be bs if either Miku or Nino doesn't win, beyond the fact that for me they are the 2 best girls, they are the 2 with the most romantic progress with Futaro. I mean, aside from them you have Ichika who has also had good romantic development with Futaro but I think with this latest low blow she basically destroyed her chances. Then you have Itsuki who is a rare case of first girl because she certainly has the winning girl vibe but so far she hasn't developed romantic feelings for Futaro when it's the most common thing in harem anime. Finally we have Yotsuba who is there... all cheerful and bubbly. I don't know, you'd think she's the least likely but she had that weird scene in the first season where she told Futaro that she was on his side because she loved him, of course later she said it was a lie but you never know. This anime seems to really like the fate theme with that childhood friend thing, the festival and the bell but please no, if they are going to use the childhood friend card at least develop each girl's feelings for Futaro well.

Having said that, of course Itsuki had to be the food critic lmao.
Mar 4, 2021 7:43 PM
Mar 2019
I love Nino this season man shietttrr and damn my girl ichika playing dirty lol
Mar 4, 2021 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
I think this season just feels like a fight between Miku v Nino v Ichika.

Yotsuba and Itsuki, they don't seem to be participating in the battle for Fuutaro's heart.

Also I really like seeing the battle between the two best girls on this show Nino and Miku :)

removed-userMar 4, 2021 8:07 PM
Mar 4, 2021 8:18 PM

Oct 2014
I cant believe myself that I am rooting for Ichika over Nino or Miku.
Mar 4, 2021 8:26 PM

Oct 2020
Damn just finished watching the latest eps and that's fire.

Also Nino looks really pretty in chef's outfits, and I find out a little secret about Nino's past XD
Mar 4, 2021 9:18 PM
Nov 2020
Hold up PAUSE!!!!, This episode, This MOTHER FUCKING EPISODE RIGHT HERE, Is the best episode I have watched by far of the second season, Like Nino in a ponytail, MIKU GETTING JEALOUS OF HER CLASSMATES CLINGING TO FUUTARO!!!, NINO AND MIKU FIGHTING OVER FUUTARO, NINO BLOWING A KISS AT FUUTARO(I’m so fucking jealous right now.), AND ICHIKA CROSSING DRESSING AS MIKU AND BETRAYING HER SISTER’S LOVE FOR HIM DUUUDEEEEE!!!..., I can’t wait to see what happens next.
itsukandyMar 4, 2021 9:27 PM
Mar 4, 2021 9:25 PM

May 2020
Finally, I can say F*ck Ichika and not have to see the anime-onlies saying "Whyyy? She's so nice and mature...she's just so good to Fuutarou and her sisters" yeah no get out of here with that. Backstabbing piece of...
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Mar 4, 2021 9:34 PM

Jan 2020
I loved this episode again like always. The Nino part of the episode was my favorite by far and she looked great in the uniform.

That Ichika part was unexpected but I can understand why. I feel bad for Miku though

Mar 4, 2021 10:14 PM

Aug 2019
The gang's 3rd year now, Nakano sisters seem to be getting the most attention in their class, Yotsuba takes Uesugi out of his shell with electing him as class rep, and his ability to identify the twins perfectly is giving him some attention. Felt like the class rep stuff though was kinda short and cut off, felt like they wanted to do something but never did.

Miku and Nino competing for a job placement, with Nino eventually winning. Have to say, Nino shined a lot this episode, still feels slightly alienating to hear her monologues of fighting to be able to work with Uesugi, as well as getting his attention. I'm glad Uesugi at least acknowledged her confession, would be pretty stale if he aired her all this time, and their talk was really nice, Nino's flirty behaviour blowing a kiss to Uesugi was the real cherry on top, and once again i am sold on the Nino train.
Quick unravelling of Itsuki's job as well was quite funny, i guess if you're gonna get a job, get one on something you really like doing.

Actually pain to be Ichika right now, she's trying her best but everyone seems to be besting her to the point where it seems to be eating away at her, "you're a good lier now" owie.
Poor girl, i think this episode was the one were you can genuinely hear an audible snap come from her. What she did at the end, and her expression sent real shivers down my spine, but for some reason it also made me more interested in her? Idk, i feel like some pretty heavily restraints just got unshackled from her and she's going to do absolutely everything to get Uesugi, and for that reason she's gone up in my list and i've taken a new liking to her. That, or my weird taste for yanderes is showing again.

Real interested to see were all this leads off since we are steadily reaching a finally.
Code0018Mar 4, 2021 10:21 PM
Mar 4, 2021 10:43 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, damn, DAMN, this episode is killing me with its sweetness, determination, and CUTENESS!!!

Nino is now working with Futaro at the same bakery, while Miku works on the other side of the road. He does acknowledge Nino's confession to him, but he's just nothing but a very smart learner. And oh look at that, A DEFINING MOMENT FOR NINO STANS!!!

This was a shot to my heart!!! If you ask me in the first season that this will happen, I call you crazy and unbelievable. I am surprised that Nino took over as my first pick in this season, yet I'm glad I did. There's also Ichika who's also vying for Futaro's attention, and she's not holding back herself anymore. It's funny how Ichika disguises as Miku to roundabout confess to him. "Ichika likes you", she says. "You're not serious, right", Futaro rebutts.

Oh I'm very serious.

Mar 4, 2021 11:06 PM

Sep 2019
Nino's kiss was so fucking cute. Ichika started going offensive and didn't hold back, poor Miku.
Mar 4, 2021 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
3 episodes to go and way too much manga to adapt. So, is there going to be:

A) Read the manga ending?
B) Anime original ending?
C) A lot of cut content to rush the ending?
D) OVA series released with the BD's to complete the adaptation?
E) Season 3?
Mar 5, 2021 12:13 AM
Feb 2021
Ichika was 2nd best girl imo but after this episode shes all the way at the bottom bruh that was messed up lmao, hope Miku wins🗿
Mar 5, 2021 12:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So now they're all working and they're in their last year of high school, all in the same class, that's cool, Yotsuba and Uesugi are both the class representative xD Nino was really great during the restaurant scene and she really seems to be the one who's the most open to Uesugi, but the most interesting scene was probably the last one with Ichika confessing to Uesugi with Miku's appearance, damn! I can't wait to see the next episode
Mar 5, 2021 12:22 AM

Jun 2015
Not many people have mentioned this, but the episode showed (yet again) why Uesugi Fuutarou is a lot better than your usual harem protagonist. He acknowledges Nino's feeling and he makes it clear that he understand her feelings. Although it's obvious that it will only lead to a soft rejection for now, but it's Nino we're talking about here.... The train will never stop.

Whilst Nino still goes with her unstoppable train, Miku goes with a more passive of an approach. She no longer care about little things like doing all she can to work at the same shop as Fuutarou and decided to do the best she can at what she can do at the moment. I admired Miku a lot at this point when I read the manga.

And finally, the star of the show, Nakano Ichika. All is fair in love and war, and I can't dispute that either. The one who gets hurt the most by this is Miku, and therefore The Church. It's definitely not a justifiable act by Ichika. But hey, dirty wars are everywhere and probably the most effective of all tactics, so don't get choked by it.
Mar 5, 2021 12:22 AM

Oct 2018
The moment where i start to dislike Ichika :/ I'm not hate her but i'm not agree with her way to do that
Mar 5, 2021 1:21 AM

Aug 2019
that’s a dirty move honestly, but I guess that’s what have to do to win
Mar 5, 2021 1:57 AM

Jun 2019
Nino looked cute in that outfit. Also, she's not backing down on Futaro. All the girls are third years now. Ichika got offensive. Didn't expect that.
Mar 5, 2021 2:04 AM

Jun 2014
NINO once again steamrolling in this episode with her mixture of determination, loveliness and willingness to come out and say how she feels.Shame we ended on the bad note of Ichika's faux pas.

Glordit said:
3 episodes to go and way too much manga to adapt. So, is there going to be:

A) Read the manga ending?
B) Anime original ending?
C) A lot of cut content to rush the ending?
D) OVA series released with the BD's to complete the adaptation?
E) Season 3?

If you haven't read the manga, then read it now. I don't think they'll do B or C. I think D is the most likely.
Mar 5, 2021 2:15 AM
Aug 2020
So Ichika dresses up as Miku, says (while being Miku) that Ichika likes Futaro, and says that Miku was rooting for them while she knew that Miku likes Futaro. Say what you want about any of the girls but you must admit Ichika has lied and hurt her sisters in so many ways. She must be having a hard time but doesn’t mean you should hurt your sisters.
Mar 5, 2021 2:36 AM
Jul 2017
Oh Ichika. Why couldn't you have stayed as the cool and flirty onee-sama? Why did you have to succumb to insecurity and villainy?

She was my favourite at the start, and now she's right down at number #4 (Itsuki still worst girl ;) )
Mar 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Dec 2020
I had a heart attack when Nino said "chu~" ow shit my meow meow
Mar 5, 2021 2:46 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Nino, that's your THIRD confession!

As for the rest of the ep, Ichika is now on the attack. Who would of thought she slowly transforming into a yandere.
Mar 5, 2021 2:57 AM

Jul 2014
Well, some interesting decisions in terms of focus this episode. Most of Yotsuba's key moments got cut, while Nino got plenty of time in the limelight again. And then we get our first glimpse of what Ichika becomes from this point forward, and I can already tell that she's going to plummet in popularity among the anime-onlies for a while given what she's already pulled and what else she's going to do.
Mar 5, 2021 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
miku saying that itchika and fuutarou would make a kind of interesting couple, looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 5, 2021 3:07 AM
Feb 2021
ichika start playing dirty from now
Mar 5, 2021 4:10 AM
Dec 2019
I'm a simple man
I see Nino
I click
Mar 5, 2021 4:23 AM
Jan 2021
Ok guys, they cut scene 72 from the manga, I am really sorry, I hope there is room in the next episode, because along with scene 37, it is also cut, they contain so much of "one" girl, Pls give me the scene!

Mar 5, 2021 5:21 AM
Aug 2020
YOOOOOOOOO yandere ichika LETS GOOOOOO
this episode was overall just amazing and funny as helll
n i n o b e s t g i r l
Mar 5, 2021 5:54 AM

Nov 2019
yup sister war arc is coming soon
Mar 5, 2021 6:18 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So that was the big Ichika play that I’ve heard so much about, and honestly even after hearing why the author did it, I still think it is somewhat justified. It was a very sneaky and dirty move, throwing Miku under the bus essentially, one of my best girls lol, but I respect the play and she was far behind when it came to her quest for love, I felt bad for her and wanted her to make a big move, and this is what she chose. I don’t fully support it but Ichika still shares the number 1 spot with Miku for me. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.
Mar 5, 2021 7:30 AM

Apr 2018
Based Ichika. Everything can be achieved with enough effort.
Mar 5, 2021 7:36 AM
Apr 2019
This episode makes me want Nino and Fuutaro to end up together lol
Mar 5, 2021 7:47 AM
Dec 2020
What are you doing ichika😶💢
Mar 5, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
So let me talk two things in this ep

First is Ichika.

Its so sad that she did that out of desperation. I dont blame her she really likes futaro but the way she do it is so wrong.

Second is best girl NINO!!!!!!

OH BOI 3RD CONFESSION BABY
AND STRONGER APPROACHED COMPARED TO LAST TWO!
SHE'S SO BRAVE AND HONEST IN HER FEELINGS I WOULD MARRY THAT KIND OF GIRL FUTARO MY BOY OPEN YOUR EYES.

ALSO THAT PASTRY OUTFIT BY NINO, DAMN SHE'S SO PRETTY MY HEART EXPLODES AFTER SEEING THAT!!! I TOOK 100000 SCREENSHOTS EVERY SECONDS OF THAT. ALSO MY HEART GOT LITERALLY PIERCED WITH THAT NINO KISS AH MY HEART FAQ FUTARO WHAT A LUCKY GUY AF. WHO THE FAQ WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE IN THAT???!!!
AFTER THAT I'M LIKE " I'M DIE THANK YOU FOREVER ".

Overall a great ep because a lot of Nino scenes and that wonderful Nino flying kiss xD

NINO TRAIN GOING STRONG !
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 5, 2021 8:08 AM

May 2016
Ichika did something wrong, and I'm sure she regrets it right away.
Mar 5, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 2016
Oh boy here we go, the scene that makes Miku's cult go salt Lmao

IMO, Ichika was you're run of the mile vanilla Onee-san character archetype before, she instantly shoot up to 1st place along with Nino during this arc. Snake Ichika is best Ichika, people shit on Negi for assassinating her character, but I commend him for it, I know he was just salty about Ichigo 100% ending and basically took the winning girl from that manga and and made her clone in Ichika just to shit on her, but the way he executed it made it give the opposite effect, well for me at least.

So let me "white-knight" Ichika here for a bit. She threw her "blood and flesh" under the bus for a man she hasn't known for more than 6 moths, by hurting her flesh and blood's chance of winning over a man that she also hasn't known for more than 6 months. So if you wanna trivialize Ichika's reason for doing what she did then you should also trivialize what she did to Miku as it also involve the same thing. It's not like she trash talked her behind her back or tried to defame her character using her disguise, she just used it to confess to Fuutarou because she doesn't have the courage to say it to him face to face like Nino did, just like Miku couldn't do it. So why make a big deal of Ichika hurting her sister's chance of winning a guy she hasn't known for more than 6 month, while also downplaying the reason she did it for, which is to increase her own chance of winning the said guy? That's a bit hypocrite if you ask me.

And finally, hot damn Fuutarou can't catch a break from Nino's train of love, I actually didn't put Nino above Miku right away, they both were my #1 for a while, but Nino just kept pushing and pushing (like the scenes in this episode, and many future ones) until she won me over Miku entirely, what a fascinating character she is. #TeamNino FTW.

And Lol at the Director trashing Yotsuba scenes in favor of Nino, what a man of culture Lmao

Mar 5, 2021 8:43 AM
Feb 2021
Nino marry me please!!
Mar 5, 2021 9:35 AM

Dec 2013
So Nino got too cokcy being the first to confess but now she finally stopped taking it for granted, and I guess this is the bit Manga readers were talking so much about Ichika and why she was getting some hate.
Mar 5, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
Ichika practicing the dark arts.i liked her as a character, poor Miku.
Mar 5, 2021 10:54 AM

Jun 2020
Are they going to end this season now or what? I don't want this to drag on for another season. Just let someone win. Anyone. (Except Nino).
Mar 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2018
I feel like the Ichika scenes hit harder in the manga, both for this transformation and her beating Miku in test scores. I know that the manga art is amazing and hard to recreate, but still...

Side Note: NINOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO she looks so beautiful in her working outfit, and she blew him a kiss and won't give up her love? perfection.

Mar 5, 2021 12:48 PM

May 2018

Everytime I look at this and ask myself , WTF. As a Miku fan, it hurts to see Ichika in disguise as Miku to say she supports them both.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 5, 2021 1:38 PM

May 2015
Oh no Ichika what the hell ?? Not cool, poor Miku...
Mar 5, 2021 3:19 PM

Jan 2016
Noooooo Ichika! That's so low! >.<

But this also gives Nino an even bigger advantage if she plays her cards well enough lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 5, 2021 4:18 PM
Mar 2021
Oh noooooo. Ichika you didn’t have to do it, she’s a snake
Mar 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Oct 2018
Ichika damnnnnnnnn, that was dirty! Apart from that section, it was another nice episode showing Nino and her determination of wanting Fuutarou
Mar 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Jun 2019
already spotted the "All is fair in love and war" quote. Sure. That's the special whiteknight argument. You can just throw your flesh and blood under the bus for a guy you barely know for 6 months, while no freaking one forced you to just sit on your ass the whole time regarding your romance while everyone else honestly want to pursue their love. Because Miku certainly didn't buy her half-assed act of support all this time, that was evident.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Hope this shuts up the Ichika white knights, but of course it won’t because people are blind to logic once their hearts on set on their personal best girl, lol...

ALL HAIL ICHIKA. Continue to stand behind her 😤
Mar 5, 2021 5:46 PM

Jun 2019
Potatoracer62 said:
Ichika damnnnnnnnn, that was dirty! Apart from that section, it was another nice episode showing Nino and her determination of wanting Fuutarou

Ichika still remains best of the best girls. No cap 😤
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

134 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

144 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:02 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

160 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 2:17 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

221 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 2:14 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

261 by Fershosenpai7w7 »»
May 8, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.