Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2020
This episode surely turned out to be a sub/dom thingy besides the side char development and y'all are quick with these lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efbbFDpgiw

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Feb 27, 2021 11:53 AM
Oct 2020
I have horrible eye sight. But I really hate these unrealistic portraits of sight deficiencies. Without my glasses, sure I can’t see my own nose, but I wouldn’t run into wall or be unable to tell people apart. That’s my only gripe
Feb 27, 2021 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
For me, beginning was boring/bad but when the remi and sengoku couple started showing. I liked it. they are cute
Feb 27, 2021 12:14 PM

Oct 2020
First part was good. We got a little backstory of Remi and Ayasaki and how they bonded over their love of reading. Hori just keeps getting better. Who knew she's a masochistic.
The reaction they had when they saw Yanagi was gorgeous. Never had Ishikawa felt victorious and defeated in a span of seconds. Also bad timing on those two girls having walked in on Miyamura in his bad boy mode.

Feb 27, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2020
Yanagi's bad eyesight was a bit TOO bad lol, but it was funny tho.
Hori's a big ol' masochist. Nice.
Feb 27, 2021 12:23 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So this episode focuses on the relationship of remi and sengoku. Meanwhile Hori reveals to Miyamura that she likes it rough and doesn't mind being scolded by him. Miyamura trying to act like a badass was hilarious though.
Feb 27, 2021 12:25 PM
Sep 2020
TWO OF MY FAVS !! i’m so glad we got more backstory on them, i love them so so much :)) by far one of my favorite episodes, the art was super cute as always :]
Feb 27, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2020
Well I would say this episode was actually very funny lol... for most of the other episode I thought they were alright on the humor but more focus on the drama/romance. This one got me laughing lol.... but another great episode
Feb 27, 2021 12:35 PM

Aug 2018
Just love every bit of it, it just hilarious...

Remi... I don't know who you are, but why are you so damn CUTEEEE???
Yanagi's part also hilarious and never expect him looks cool compared to the manga.

Great episode as always.
Feb 27, 2021 12:45 PM

Mar 2020
The opening scene was interesting. A talk with his former self in the past. Executed beautifully.

Yanagi was introduced this episode. Definitely be a character to give you a good laugh.
made by Nate
Feb 27, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2020
Okay Miya acting like Ike Turner was funny asf. That's no where near is character lol.
Feb 27, 2021 1:02 PM
Jul 2019
So, they've decided to to the other characters.....not bad.
Feb 27, 2021 1:11 PM
May 2016
Oh brother these pretty people and their problems are becoming insufferable. "Oh no this guy wants to go out with me but he's TOO pretty what do I do?" "Oh thank goodness he's not perfect he needs glasses, NOW I can date him."
Feb 27, 2021 1:16 PM

Feb 2019
So reassuring to see that Yanagi is as unfunny in anime form too, it makes me feel less like the odd one out for not laughing. I'm always in for more Remi screentime though. And yeah, Hori's poorly handled kink is here, exciting stuff.
Feb 27, 2021 1:19 PM

Dec 2016
Miyamura's scary when he tried to act agressive ><; Also, great introduction of Yanagi :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 27, 2021 1:23 PM
Nov 2019
Hori is into S&M - interesting.....
Feb 27, 2021 1:24 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
This was a cute episode. We got the backstory to Remi and Sengoku dating, Hori's violence kink, and the introduction to Yanagi. All of these chapters were really enjoyable.
Feb 27, 2021 1:26 PM
Jan 2021
phantomfandom said:
I'll just test myself how long can I endure highschool students having sex while I'm a virgin for life.
we're always with you my friend.
Feb 27, 2021 1:26 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
MenchiK1 said:
Oh brother these pretty people and their problems are becoming insufferable. "Oh no this guy wants to go out with me but he's TOO pretty what do I do?" "Oh thank goodness he's not perfect he needs glasses, NOW I can date him."

She doesn't want to date him because he's *too* attractive, that's just the reason she gives Hori. She rejects him because she likes Ishikawa.
Feb 27, 2021 1:47 PM
Jul 2020
potential suiter for yuki could get interesting indeed.

pretty good episode again always wholesome af
Feb 27, 2021 1:56 PM
Feb 2020
This is the problem with the manga, now that they are together the show focuses more on the side characters. At some points it feels like it's less about hori and miyamura and more about the rest.
Feb 27, 2021 2:16 PM
Mar 2020
Hori and miyamura story is done. They had confessed, kissed and fucked. Stop complaining this is too focused on the side character and boring blah blah. You rather watch a couple cant even say i love you for 2 seasons? go watch kaguya sama or oregairu. This is Horimiya. Where all character is the best girl
Feb 27, 2021 2:18 PM

Jan 2021
So as expected they would focus on Yoshikawa I really like how this anime is going!
Yanagi kun is way too hilarious but seems to be a nice guy though I liked his introduction xD
Good thing they didn't just leave Sengoku away out of this as well as Ayasaki
I liked that fake fight between Hori and Miyamura, and those face reactions were amazing XDDD
kidou_kunFeb 27, 2021 2:21 PM
Feb 27, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
nice development for sengoku and the pink haired girl, lots of funny moments as usual and that new yanagi is pretty interesting lol
Feb 27, 2021 2:25 PM

Apr 2020
I didn’t expect him to be blind tbh, I thought he was gonna be the generic “hot guy” character.
This episode was decent
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 27, 2021 2:28 PM
May 2020
good episode this week like always. Another thing that makes me praise this manga/anime is that there's not one person that's unlikeable. Yanagi is a good bloke, Remi is a good person, School Prez is important and funny, even Sakura who has her fair shares of trouble later on is likeable.
Feb 27, 2021 2:28 PM

Feb 2019
Loved seeing another side to Hori with the dominance thing, and I always enjoy delving into other characters like Ayasaki and Sengoku. The whole blindness gimmick was funny but a little unoriginal, but another character into the mix is something I can't complain about.
Feb 27, 2021 3:14 PM

Jan 2021
I thought it was getting dry, lacking comedy, but this episode brought it back to LIFE my dudes!

Adorable Remi chan? YES
Blue tonails? YES
Ishikawa is practically bisexual? YES
S tier comedy? YES

Thank you to all those who created this master piece.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Feb 27, 2021 3:18 PM

Mar 2018
Y'all okay with me complaining a little? Alright.

I have a few problems with this episode.

Firstly, it is very obvious when the anime goes from chapter to chapter, even if you haven't read the manga. I can practically hear the page being turned to a new chapter. That was the most obvious last episode, but this episode also has some pretty obvious moments. This isn't a problem in it of itself, but for an anime which heavily relies on its natural relationships that grow over time, it feels a bit weird when the pacing feels like "this story is done, now we are doing this". The growth feels stilted.

Also, the first half of the episode felt kinda weak, but mostly because I don't really like Remi as a character.

Her jolly attitude that has more hiding behind it then at the surface is a common archetype, but here it just doesn't fit right with me. I don't like characters that aren't honest about their feelings to others, to be intentionally manipulative or not intentionally. Getting lied to by the anime is good if you set up a great reveal by the end, but if it doesn't or it takes really long then it just get frustrating with me. Remi may not be an exact "jolly character that is secretly manipulative" personality, but her design and voice certainly give that impression. The almost sarcastic jolly voice Remi has along with the stereotypical bitchy twintails, it just hits some wrong notes for me personally.

Having half an episode deticated to her just makes it hard to enjoy the episode for me. Luckily, even if Kakeru can be a little boring his awkward but trying-his-hardest attitude is still fun to watch. I hope in the future we can see more of that attitude clash with the other characters, but seeing that it will mostly be used for moments between him and Remi it will be underutilised (but given, that spider scene between Kakeru and Remi was pretty good).

Lastly, the fact that the anime is starting to put huge emphasis on its side-characters even though the main strength of this show is in its main couple, yeah this anime is starting to get somewhat less fun. It isn't like all the side characters are bad, I really enjoy Tooru and Yuki, but both of these shine when they are in a huge group being fun together, less so when they are having their own character arcs and stories. I hope that continuing the series, it will focus more on either its main couple or on its slice of life fun.
Feb 27, 2021 3:37 PM

Oct 2020
In the first part of the episode, we got to see more of the relationship between Ayasaki and Sengoku. It was a bit strange to see Miyamura act tough. The introduction to Yanagi was quite hilarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2021 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
ishikawa is so funny. i mean can we blame him? yanagi is so pretty and cute at the same time, like wtf. also i love remi and sengoku's relationship. they are so adorable.

my sister told me this episode was boring?? and i'm honestly suprised bcs it wasn't boring at all
Feb 27, 2021 4:16 PM

Apr 2015
The Remi and Sengoku ship is something I want to see bloom really quickly. That was just too cute.

Miyamura putting his foot on Hori's head was hilarious, the face Hori had was briliant! Seems she has the hots for when Miyamura handles her rougher than his usual kind self. I feel that a masochist side has been born inside of Hori XD

New guy was funny, he's as blind as a mole but still knows when he's speaking to Yuki but can't see who he's talking to besides her. Dude needs some glasses ASAP.
Feb 27, 2021 4:34 PM
Apr 2020
Need more surprised Hori-san in my life
Feb 27, 2021 5:01 PM

Feb 2020
is being that blind without glasses even possible? Like wouldn't that just be considered blind? I feel really bad for people like that.

Feb 27, 2021 5:07 PM

Nov 2015
"I would tell you that I love you, and then turn into stardust." Done absolutely perfectly.

The shocked looks on the two girls who walked in on Miyamura "getting rough" with Hori was priceless, as was his own obvious discomfort with it. The look on Hori's face after it, somehow even better still.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Feb 27, 2021 5:55 PM

Dec 2015
Hori like BDSM hahhahaha
Feb 27, 2021 6:03 PM

Jun 2019
This kid really had to bring someone along with her just to reject the other kid. It doesn't make sense, just say no on your own.
Feb 27, 2021 6:15 PM
Feb 2021
I liked it I thought it was cute. I liked that we focused on Ayaski. But I'm starting to feel like it's getting Episodic. Hori San and Miyamura Kun have already gotten together so I'm not too sure what the story is now.
Feb 27, 2021 6:18 PM
Oct 2018
Horimiya is so good It's better and better I love the characters the story hori and miyamura couple everything . Best romance anime qince kaguya love is War

This ep is so funny ,miyamura is the best ,hori is WTF and yonagi WTF I like this characters already . I Hope for a second Season After this Season end
Feb 27, 2021 6:46 PM
Mar 2020
Last episode left me feeling a little bit wierd, but this episode made me have fun again so i’m very happy for that, it was a good episode
Feb 27, 2021 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
Hori dating Miyamura rumors spread like the plague but potential rumors about Miyamura being an "abusive boyfriend" won't, huh? I don't know... I think the whole kink issue could have been handled better, honestly.

Anyways, nice episode overall. Way better than the previous ones since the pacing didn't feel particularly rushed this time. The story about how Remi and Sengoku became a couple was sweet and as for Yanagi, he seems to be a nice addition to the cast. I like him so far.
Feb 27, 2021 6:48 PM
Jan 2020
It was kinda okay for me
Its manga has been altered quite a bit
Moreover, the timeline is still a mystery
But yes the scenes were as funny as they should be
Feb 27, 2021 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
pretty funny episode...Hori is Yabe guess that explains the biting

episode felt like a 4 koma with how much jumping around it did not in a good way

can't say im a big fan of the "pretend i have a boyfriend because i feel bad to reject them" troupe but oh god hes hot just like everyone else ,it will not be unfunny how often they refer to some characters being ugly and others hot when it has some serious same face syndrome gotta keep that suspension of disbelief since the char designs in this show only really change by the hair /colour
Feb 27, 2021 6:59 PM
Oct 2019
I've been laughing my ass off with Hori getting stepped on for about 10 minutes now.
Feb 27, 2021 7:00 PM
Apr 2020
Sengoku and Remi really complement each other, plus they really understand each other and have the same hobby.

Izumi dreaming about the past and telling himself that he'll soon meet great friends is really heartbreaking, it's sad that he had to undergo that phase. At least, he now found different people that treat him like an actual person, especially Kyouko. I guess, Kyouko is into masochism. lmao. Other students seeing them pretending to fight is hilariou af!

Yuki is now not just the one liking someone because there's Akane who really like her. Since Tooru is quite dense about her feelings for him, I guess Yuki will give up and eventually starts to like Akane who's also funny and kind.

Feb 27, 2021 7:17 PM

Aug 2020
yuki episode!!!!!

Hori's definitely an M.

at least this week, I didn't feel as lonely.
Feb 27, 2021 7:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, i feel you, Miyamura, dreaming about the past, and told yourself all the way you can to actually suppress a missing feeling. Don't worry, my friend. Its pretty normal as a teenager.

The side characters had a little backstory again. This episode, its Sengoku and Ayasaki that got their chance to told the story about how they fell in love with each others. I am pretty much sure, they both really match up with every weaknessess they had there. Good catch, you both.

Miyamura-kun and Hori-san funny interaction. After having such a lewd scene at the end of the previous episode, their closer interaction always brought a wrong conclusion on my minds. Good thing its just a comedy relieved, to showed the chemistry between them. Yeah, yeah, keep step on her, Miyamura-kun.

Ah, Yuuki got a pairing guy, there, i believed. He looked pretty much good enough for Yuuki, handsome being, and funny. Good enough criteria to joined up Hori's gang, and close down some possibility. But, the truth is still unknown for me. So, well, lets see whats up in their last quarter then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 27, 2021 7:23 PM

Jan 2020
I found the pacing to be quite brutal which is a bit unfortunate but as for the content itself, I thought it was great. I'm glad it's putting more focus into side characters such as Ayasaki.

The new character seems really interesting but I hope they don't repeat the bad eyesight joke over and over again since I can see myself getting tired of it. I liked the episode today though

Feb 27, 2021 7:37 PM

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed it, especially because I just covered those manga chapters yesterday! ~Lucky~
Feb 27, 2021 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
Damn Hori is really open to 'that' stuff xD

Interesting plot point for Yoshikawa by adding this new dude with poor eyesight :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

219 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 9, 2021

496 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 11, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2021

359 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2021

244 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Li_Feng_Tsao - Feb 6, 2021

231 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 11:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.