Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 4, 2020 7:40 AM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

The person I asked owns a website called yuriempire and it’s a very popular site so it was hard to not take his opinion as facts. Either way I just can’t help wanting to see any type of true yuri in an all female cast. That genre has to be one of the smallest by far when it comes to getting a show. Wish people enjoyed yuri more then ntr or tentacles lol

I immediately realized that we were talking about the same person. YuriEmpire is essentially a lesbian version of fujoshi with all the related things like "they look at each other, they fockin", etc. I'd rather read Erica Friedman, who, for all her eerie feminist and SJW bias, tries to be sober about content and not wear shipping goggles unnecessarily.

Few? Well, that's a pretty dubious statement. Yes, there is very little "real" yuri, but yuri bait or ship bait is now quite a lot. For example, this season already has at least 1.5 yuri shows and a lot of ship bait like Strike Wiches. And in general, the genre has long been more trendy than glam metal in the 80s, lol.

Yea I agree there I try to read his info but like u said sometimes he will count anything as yuri ships and I just can’t be like that. They either have to talk about loving the person or trying to be near them like a vampire moved in the neighborhood or it has to be explicit yuri like citrus for me to count it
Nov 4, 2020 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
RobertBobert said:

I immediately realized that we were talking about the same person. YuriEmpire is essentially a lesbian version of fujoshi with all the related things like "they look at each other, they fockin", etc. I'd rather read Erica Friedman, who, for all her eerie feminist and SJW bias, tries to be sober about content and not wear shipping goggles unnecessarily.

Few? Well, that's a pretty dubious statement. Yes, there is very little "real" yuri, but yuri bait or ship bait is now quite a lot. For example, this season already has at least 1.5 yuri shows and a lot of ship bait like Strike Wiches. And in general, the genre has long been more trendy than glam metal in the 80s, lol.

Yea I agree there I try to read his info but like u said sometimes he will count anything as yuri ships and I just can’t be like that. They either have to talk about loving the person or trying to be near them like a vampire moved in the neighborhood or it has to be explicit yuri like citrus for me to count it

This very easily turns into wishful thinking by manipulating terminology like "girlfriends instead of best friends" or "crush instead of admiration" and so on, which really annoys me. However, nobody forbids you to ship characters, if you will. The main thing is not to be captivated by your own illusions.
Nov 4, 2020 10:39 AM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

This very easily turns into wishful thinking by manipulating terminology like "girlfriends instead of best friends" or "crush instead of admiration" and so on, which really annoys me. However, nobody forbids you to ship characters, if you will. The main thing is not to be captivated by your own illusions.

Damn someone with there head on straight that’s nice to see. I wish they would do Girl Friends if there going to animate a yuri. I’m getting kind of tired of the yuri bait and insane drama for yuri and for romances. Like the one coming out next season u can tell that one will be crazy drama but at least it won’t be third wheels I don’t think but maybe could end in death
Nov 4, 2020 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
Wear your googles with caution.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 4, 2020 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
RobertBobert said:

Damn someone with there head on straight that’s nice to see. I wish they would do Girl Friends if there going to animate a yuri. I’m getting kind of tired of the yuri bait and insane drama for yuri and for romances. Like the one coming out next season u can tell that one will be crazy drama but at least it won’t be third wheels I don’t think but maybe could end in death

Girlfriends is considered a cult work, but personally I even consider it somewhat underrated. This manga made an important message that, for some reason, queer people tend to see romantic overtones in any friendliness from straight people, but queer folks or even straight yuri fans (what a pun) keep foolish themselves with different bait.

Next season? Are you about Urasekai Picnic? Well, the author is definitely a very eccentric person, but from what I've heard about the title, there is no controversy there.
Nov 5, 2020 11:08 AM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

Girlfriends is considered a cult work, but personally I even consider it somewhat underrated. This manga made an important message that, for some reason, queer people tend to see romantic overtones in any friendliness from straight people, but queer folks or even straight yuri fans (what a pun) keep foolish themselves with different bait.

Next season? Are you about Urasekai Picnic? Well, the author is definitely a very eccentric person, but from what I've heard about the title, there is no controversy there.

Well there might not be controversy but they are basically fighting in a post apocalyptic world against aliens lol
Nov 11, 2020 2:24 AM

Aug 2018
The first chapter was COOL
Nov 11, 2020 11:36 PM

Apr 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
RobertBobert said:

Well there might not be controversy but they are basically fighting in a post apocalyptic world against aliens lol

Are you looking for a more pure romance like Aoi Hana?
Nov 12, 2020 1:28 PM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

I’d take that over love triangles, death, or overly dramatic
Nov 13, 2020 2:50 AM

Apr 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
RobertBobert said:

Then how about Sakura Trick, Konohana Kitan and or more subtext side, A Channel or Comic Girls?
Nov 14, 2020 5:52 AM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

Then how about Sakura Trick, Konohana Kitan and or more subtext side, A Channel or Comic Girls?

Oh I’ve seen everything there is on yuriempires list for 1&2 categories and some here and there on 3&4 I just want new things. If u think about it there’s not many actual yuri anime’s tbh. Maybe 5-10 that are 100% girls with real relationships so there’s many mangas they could try that are better then what’s available now
Nov 14, 2020 10:29 AM

Apr 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
RobertBobert said:

Oh I’ve seen everything there is on yuriempires list for 1&2 categories and some here and there on 3&4 I just want new things. If u think about it there’s not many actual yuri anime’s tbh. Maybe 5-10 that are 100% girls with real relationships so there’s many mangas they could try that are better then what’s available now

Well, we can go deeper if you want. How about Battle Athletes?
Nov 26, 2020 7:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I might prolly late the train carriage. But, wow! This show is so groovy!

Ofc i must check this out till the end. Because its really made my body move without even i realizing before. Lol. What a very good first episode, with a nice introduction toward the main characters. A couple of girls has already been announced with a fast pace. Rinku had a great personality, she was so cheering! While Maho was indeed adorable dj-ing in the background. The side character that caught my attention in the first glimpse was that pink hair dj. Now, i am really curious about her, beside the main progression over their, Rinku and Maho, unit to perform. Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 20, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2013
Dude, the CG here is pretty great! That was my original reason for watching this show but the music is actually pretty good too.
Dec 26, 2020 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
damn this anime is pretty interesting, looks like theres cgi and rotoscoping and its pretty well done. characters are pretty cool and story seems alright. also, that school is kinda weird, they have a nightclub in it and dj rooms? also the way the school looks is pretty strange too but i think its pretty cool.
Dec 28, 2020 1:32 PM

Apr 2019
Honestly don't mind the CGI at all, character design is good. Really good first episode, music is so good. I know my volume is going to be at the max while watching this anime.

Dec 29, 2020 11:18 PM

Apr 2020
That was a very good first episode of D4DJ. After weeks of interest, I have finally watched it and it didn't disappoint. Although our main girl Rinku was off-putting at first, I think she can be a good character. And Maho pretty much is Adachi from her titular show.

WOW WAR TONIGHT is already ringing at my head, what a great song.
Feb 2, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
I never knew I needed something like this in my life. That was such a groovy start and Aimoto has already won me over. The CGI is jarring but really fun and BanG Dream already desensitized me to it a bit. I do love how expressive it is in the performances.
Feb 8, 2021 7:14 PM
Jan 2020
This was not that bad. I did not find the fact that the CGI was completely different disturbing. They started off the anime fun and neat. The music they showed off during the first episode itself were bangers. Looking forward to seeing more.
Feb 10, 2021 11:56 AM
Jul 2009
I like that Rinku dances like me AKA she dances like a dork :)
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Feb 21, 2021 2:36 AM

Jun 2016
very cheerful and cool episode ..
Apr 9, 2021 3:10 AM

Feb 2020
Very good and energetic start. I like the CGI.

Rinku is so cute and funny. ^^ I love her type of cheerful airhead characters.

Their school looks awesome.

SerafosDec 27, 2023 6:28 AM
Aug 13, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2014
How does the CG in this look so much worse than what SANZIGEN managed in Bandori? The side character models are absolutely hideous and I'd have preferred the Bandori approach of drawing them in 2D to save resources for the main characters. Even more so when the main characters have slightly less ugly, but still very ugly, character models and character designs: the eyes and mouths are consistently too big and the textures just look off (especially with the eyes, which look like they're glassed over and are completely lacking in expressiveness). The colours they've used for the characters' hair and eyes don't match at all either. It's not just the anime though, as I remember having the same thought processes whenever I've seen art from the gacha game too.

My other big complaint is that Rinku is basically a Honoka/Chika clone and I am so sick and tired of that type of cluelessly optimistic, annoyingly pushy main girl in this type of show.

On the bright side, that Peaky P-Key song was great, both as a piece of music and as a performance from a visual perspective. So good in fact that I'm confused about how everything else looks so ugly by comparison.
Dec 16, 2021 3:27 PM

Jul 2021
I enjoyed the first ep quite a bit, it was full of energy.

I just want to point out that why does their high school look like a five-star resort lol? Like, do the students live there or something as it looks massive?

Jun 10, 2022 10:08 AM

Oct 2017
The OP is absolutely crazy.
Jun 13, 2022 11:33 AM
Dec 2017
Bunille said:
The OP is absolutely crazy.

By far one of the best ops i've heard thats for sure.

Aug 1, 2022 5:22 PM
Jun 2019
Full CG huh? Interesting

Started watching it for the meme in the opening, gonna see if I'm going to stick to it.

The songs are cool tho and the opening is a banger
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Oct 24, 2022 6:17 PM
Jan 2021
This episode is very good! Marks a smile to my face ong.
Apr 9, 2023 9:10 AM
Nov 2020
Actually, I have a little bit nervous when I know. It's all 3D animation. Because I have already seen EX-arm. And I have PTSD from it. But this one is better. It can make me feel better and have more reliable thought to watch more 3D anime. If you have PTSD from EX-arm, you could watch this one to cured you by itself.
Apr 27, 2023 6:58 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Look very promising, even the first dj song is ear catching, hope it's was as good as bang dream etc
Nov 28, 2023 12:57 PM
Aug 2017
Looks great so far. I love the attention to detail with all the real life equipment and actual techniques used. The Sound Director on this is going ham with all the low end xD

I have high hopes for the rest of this season!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» psa: now available on Youtube for a limited time!

DreamingBeats - May 26

2 by awhole7dollars »»
May 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 12 Discussion

yvsei - Jan 22, 2021

47 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 10, 11:49 PM

» The dub

NG_Chloe - Jan 23, 2021

5 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » favorite member of Happy Around so far

NG_Chloe - Dec 5, 2020

12 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 10 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 8, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.