Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 1, 2018 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
azulakina said:
You could always get tummy tucks, laser stretch mark treatments, you know, even a lot more plastic surgery,....

With the kind of technology we're having nowadays one could even stop themselves from aging physically.

I'm against plastic surgery, so I wouldn't get it for myself. I don't see the point in fake beauty.
I'm also not worried about my stomach, face is more important. Wrinkles are a natural part of getting older, though, so I plan to bitterly accept them once I do get them. Stretch marks I could care less about.
Oct 1, 2018 6:48 AM

Feb 2018
Usagi said:

I'm against plastic surgery, so I wouldn't get it for myself. I don't see the point in fake beauty.
I'm also not worried about my stomach, face is more important. Wrinkles are a natural part of getting older, though, so I plan to bitterly accept them once I do get them. Stretch marks I could care less about.

I'm neither against nor pro plastic surgery but it would be really interesting to witness the power of technology in a refurbished human being.
Talk is cheap, show me the code.

Almost is not good enough.
Oct 1, 2018 7:08 AM

Dec 2015
You can be young and feel old, and you can be old and feel young. It's a matter of how you let yourself feel about the world, and your circumstances.

xx0:44 β”€πŸ”˜β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ 04:44x
β—€ xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxx β–Ίxxxx
Oct 1, 2018 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
29 years old is still young, just follow the news about CRISPR gene/genome editing to know when will eternal youth be achieve

and see this video for medical developments to treat aging

Oct 1, 2018 7:49 AM
May 2018
J_LEE_C said:
Psajdak said:
I was 17 - 18 when I registered here, now I'm 29. :(

Today I looked at some old family photos with my family, and god how I looked young, my sisters were crazy cute and sweet, which I never noticed since we often fought when we were kids.

... :(

Why can't we just stay 17 forever like Kikuko Inoue?

God, this isn't happening. :(

Enjoy in thread. :(

That's impressive, I feel honored that I came across your like 1 out of 1-2 posts per year average. xD

I feel ya though on the age thing, I'm over 27 now. (but I was already over 25 when I registered here).

and wait - is this like your second account because unless you aged 12 years in 4 months I don't get it re: I was 17 when I registered here when you created your account in May 2018.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1743136
Oct 1, 2018 8:20 AM
Aug 2011
Psajdak said:

ikr, that Japanese DNA ftw.

Another example is Mari Iijima. She was famously the voice actress / singer of Minmei in SDF Macross back in 1982, one of the first Idol animes.

This is what she looks like 36 years later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IlWDqaTzg
Oct 1, 2018 8:37 AM
May 2018
cipheron said:
Psajdak said:

ikr, that Japanese DNA ftw.

Another example is Mari Iijima. She was famously the voice actress / singer of Minmei in SDF Macross back in 1982, one of the first Idol animes.

This is what she looks like 36 years later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IlWDqaTzg
I know very well who is Mari Iijima, and how legendary her Minmay is.

In fact, in 2009 (year when first Macross series is happening) I watched everything Macross, and listened to Mari's songs for a while...

I was in love.

I also added pictures for Mari and Minmay on MAL.
Oct 1, 2018 9:33 AM

Jan 2017
Psajdak said:
J_LEE_C said:

That's impressive, I feel honored that I came across your like 1 out of 1-2 posts per year average. xD

I feel ya though on the age thing, I'm over 27 now. (but I was already over 25 when I registered here).

and wait - is this like your second account because unless you aged 12 years in 4 months I don't get it re: I was 17 when I registered here when you created your account in May 2018.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1743136

Ah, okay makes sense. Kinda what I figured but I had to make sure this wasn't like a meta-troll thread

Oct 1, 2018 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Psajdak said:
I was 17 - 18 when I registered here, now I'm 29

But ur account was created this year :)
Oct 1, 2018 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
@Frroku Is that you in your avatar??
Oct 1, 2018 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Bambi said:

No. That dude it's not my Real me.....
Oct 1, 2018 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
The problem is not in growing up, it is in growing discontent with yourself.
Oct 1, 2018 9:59 AM

May 2013
Frroku said:
Bambi said:

Looks kinda like my Trump supporting neigbor tho haha.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 1, 2018 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Gan_water said:
Frroku said:

In a way it is lol...

He was Former Prime Minister of Albania..he in a way was like a dictator..so we can associate with Trump afterall (:
Oct 1, 2018 10:11 AM

May 2013
Frroku said:
Gan_water said:

In a way it is lol...

He was Former Prime Minister of Albania..he in a way was like a dictator..so we can associate with Trump afterall (:

Ohh thank you for this information. Guess he has 'dictator' written on his face lol xD
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 1, 2018 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Gan_water said:
Frroku said:

In a way it is lol...

Ohh thank you for this information. Guess he has 'dictator' written on his face lol xD

Haha no problem..well, apparently he was born with that face written "Dictator"..

Yet i like him.
As you do to trump? Lol
Oct 1, 2018 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
It can suck but we all have to do it at some point. Time makes you bolder, even children get older. That carefree 6 year old running around the place will also one day be the same as you.
<Insert clever quote>
Oct 1, 2018 11:05 AM

Sep 2017
Psajdak said:
I was 17 - 18 when I registered here, now I'm 29. :(

Today I looked at some old family photos with my family, and god how I looked young, my sisters were crazy cute and sweet, which I never noticed since we often fought when we were kids.

... :(

Biologically speaking age is just a number, you can still be 17 at 50 years old.
Getting old and aging are 2 different things.

Getting older is simply time passing, aging is degradation of your body caused by oxidation,inflammation,smoking, lack of anti-oxidants and too much cholesterol. Humans don't age naturally, lifestyle is what makes us age.
Our DNA is set to kill us at age X but there's nothing in our DNA that says we need to get weaker and more vulnerable as we get older, if you suffer aging is because you had an unhealthy lifestyle.

You can enjoy getting older by simply eating less cholesterol as close to 0 as possible, not smoking, starting to exercise and eating more fruits and roots for healthy antioxidants and fiber.

You can live 90 years or 120 years regardless of lifestyle, this is pretty much genetic but you can decided how strong you will be during those years, both mentally and physically.
Kairos_EriesOct 1, 2018 11:10 AM
Oct 1, 2018 11:57 AM

May 2013
Frroku said:
Gan_water said:

Haha no problem..well, apparently he was born with that face written "Dictator"..

Yet i like him.
As you do to trump? Lol

Right he's actually not so bad haha I do like Trump now.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 1, 2018 12:40 PM

Nov 2017
Think about how Kavanaugh and Ford feel talking about when they were in hs and their memories still haunt them. It's the person you are, not the age you are. Never too late to look within and try to turn it around (from being an unmitigated asshole nobody likes).
Oct 1, 2018 12:42 PM

Aug 2018
Everyone will get at it so one can only accept it xd
Oct 1, 2018 12:43 PM

Jul 2011
Usagi said:
The thought of aging until I eventually die is depressing, so I don't like watching the number increase to the inevitable very much. I also wish I could be a student forever, but I'm almost out of time with this lifestyle.

I'm just glad my appearance hasn't started aging at all yet. I know other girls my age who look a lot older than me already. I'm not going to like it once I start to age physically too.

:o another -93 user

You seem joined about year earlier to MAL than me :o

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 1, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2017
Lunafleurette said:
You can be young and feel old, and you can be old and feel young. It's a matter of how you let yourself feel about the world, and your circumstances.

When I was young I felt VERY old especially in comparison to the people around me. I had a man's body in 6th grade and everybody else was mentally so immature.

Now I'm old and I felt like I never got a chance to feel young. Genetics is like that.
Oct 1, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2011
Fun thing, I still look same as 7 years ago xD just more beard (and bald head, one thing I learned from army)

320 days watched anime, seriously I need get year limit broken!

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 1, 2018 12:45 PM

Nov 2017
Vulze said:
The problem is not in growing up, it is in growing discontent with yourself.

This, sadly.

Some people are born with a literal silver spoon and never have to worry about anything in their lives. In a way though, those people are unfortunate because they've been shielded from challenges which has limited the building of their character.
Oct 1, 2018 12:51 PM

Aug 2018
Getting old and getting more and more responsibilities sucks
Oct 1, 2018 1:04 PM
May 2018
xAlionnnn said:
If anything, being responsible and an adult is not what I don't like about aging.

More like, a lot of stuff that I enjoyed as a child, like, dunno, video games is simply something I'm too old to enjoy now.
Oct 1, 2018 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
Psajdak said:
xAlionnnn said:
If anything, being responsible and an adult is not what I don't like about aging.

More like, a lot of stuff that I enjoyed as a child, like, dunno, video games is simply something I'm too old to enjoy now.

Why are you too old to enjoy them? Did you just lose interest in them, or?
Oct 1, 2018 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
I'm turning 23 tomorrow and as the years passed I've been feeling the same way to be honest. I first joined this site when I was 16, now I'm turning 23 and it feels kind of insane when you think about how fast time flies as you get older.

I know I'm not too old yet and I won't say I know exactly how it feels to be 30+ etc but I definitely understand to some extent. It's kinda crazy how I came across this thread as I was thinking about this subject, I guess all in all it's just something everyone has to get used to.
???????
Oct 1, 2018 2:05 PM

Aug 2018
You're still a whippersnapper to me. You're not even a 30 year old boomer like I am! :-P
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 1, 2018 2:06 PM
Nov 2013
Yup, more pressure to be successful and more responsibility. I wish I could go back ten years when I didn’t have to pay bills or worry about anything.
Oct 1, 2018 3:04 PM

Jun 2015
At 16, I obviously have no right to talk about getting old... but I will say one thing.
I definitely did notice that sudden jump from being a kid to being more mature. Things that used to be thrilling and exciting beyond belief are getting less and less fun each year, and that childish spark of curiosity mostly got replaced by a calculated and careful mind and I can rarely ever approach anything with a carefree mindset nowadays.
No matter how much I try, I'll never again be able to be that curious little kid who's able to just explore and think about fun and exciting things all day, and just thinking about that makes me feel incredibly bummed out. Man, I really wanna be a kid again :(
All that being said, these feelings do just fuel my love for kids even more and I'm seriously thinking about working a job that involves working with smol kiddos when I grow up. After all, interacting with kids is the only thing nowadays that makes this childish spirit of mine remember where it belongs :)
Oct 1, 2018 3:16 PM

Mar 2012
I was 32 when I joined MAL. Now I'm 26. Is this the power of youth?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 1, 2018 3:23 PM

Jun 2015
Josh said:
I was 32 when I joined MAL. Now I'm 26. Is this the power of youth?
Studies show that the only logical way for that to happen is to use the "I'm like 13 but I'll say I'm 18+ so I can access all of the site's content" and then changing it back when you actually grow up.
If this doesn't describe your situation, I'm sorry but you're an extra-terrestrial being and I'm going to have to turn you in to the Government.
Oct 1, 2018 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
It's natural to want to stay young and not die, but, once you think about it, it's unclear whether that would be better than aging and dying. Can perpetual life with no biological processes culminating in death even be considered life at all? Not to mention, some of the things that suck about aging occur because we stop growing — for example, the brain becomes less malleable, which makes it more difficult to acquire new abilities and substantively change core beliefs; we settle into places, communities, and careers, which makes life less dynamic and interesting — but, fortunately, it would be physically impossible for us to grow forever. Stagnant lives make for stagnant societies. It is well said that progress occurs one funeral at a time. Better to embrace mono no aware and temper your sadness with an appreciation of the beauty of life and all of the little things it has to offer. Easy said than done though. I can't say that I've made peace with death, but I have time... probably.

deg said:
29 years old is still young, just follow the news about CRISPR gene/genome editing to know when will eternal youth be achieve

and see this video for medical developments to treat aging

Not that I'm against anti-aging research or expect there to be no increases in longevity, but I gleefully await the funerals of the "imma live forever" crowd.

DarkInsomnia57 said:
Think about how Kavanaugh and Ford feel talking about when they were in hs and their memories still haunt them. It's the person you are, not the age you are. Never too late to look within and try to turn it around (from being an unmitigated asshole nobody likes).
Words of wisdom right there.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 1, 2018 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
Reading this thread made me feel younger and made me wanna put some of y'all into a retirement home.
Oct 1, 2018 4:53 PM

Jul 2014
The only thing bad with getting old is that your physical state will eventually deteriorate, however with the modern scientific understanding of the body and a responsible living style it can be minimized as much as possible.

The other part of getting old is that you first realize the effects of your actions on your life as you are allowed to make decisions for yourself in the real world and not a simulation of it like in high school or something. This allows for a lot of growth if you make good life choices but it can also be horrible if you don't (falling into addiction). But really you can do which ever you want with your life as long as you realize your own responsibility as the sole caretaker of your own existence, and don't blame others.

Oct 1, 2018 8:38 PM

Apr 2015
Time flies when you least expected. While my years of age keep increasing, appearance wise not much has changed (which is good) at all.
Oct 1, 2018 9:27 PM

Feb 2018
papsoshea said:
I’m turning 29 in December, I also have son. I still play games and read comics like I did when I was younger and just got back into watching anime because now I can watch it with my son. Maybe when I turn 30 I might wish I was 10 years younger

I always like it when I see someone talk about their son, reminds me that I'm not alone.

I'm just back from giving my son a push to school.
Talk is cheap, show me the code.

Almost is not good enough.
Oct 2, 2018 1:59 AM

Feb 2010
yeah it sucks you find yourself living in routine of home, work and paying taxes like nothing else matters anymore.. at least anime helps to forget about it
Oct 2, 2018 3:04 AM

May 2009
We live in a generation where 29 is considered "old" dude you're far from the halfway point of life. Are you going to think of the moment when you posted this topic at the age of 40 as well?
Oct 2, 2018 4:51 AM

Sep 2013
yeah it freaking sucks
but happens
I believe that if we didn't we'd pretty much be bored as heck without continuation or evolution into our lives, that's why I'm kinda optimistic with time passing/getting older, because of the evolution I'm usually getting through
but I do know your feeling, unfortunally
Oct 2, 2018 6:26 AM

Oct 2015
I feel ya, mate. Even I'm still 21 years old.
Oct 2, 2018 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
i was 15... being a part of cd2 and having a group of friends was really cool... now im 19 yikes. definetly gonna end it before im 25
Oct 2, 2018 10:12 AM

Dec 2014
it really does suck. i was 17 when I started mal, now i just turned 20 wtf :-( man my fave age is when i was 17/18. good days
Oct 2, 2018 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
I felt so sad losing my teen self. I was living with my parents and I had already passed my IGCSE and IB exams, so I didn't have a worry in my life. I did some work every weekend but the rest of the time I could play games and go out with friends.

Now that university life has started I feel so frustrated when I compare my previous lifestyle. Not because I dislike my current lifestyle, but honestly speaking, I would rather be a teenager for life.

Well, I guess growing up has had its benefits for me, too. I managed to meet my girlfriend (who I am still with) and I have been able to make so many brilliant friends.

@Psajdak, you may be much older than me, but please don't let that stop you from doing the things you love and enjoy. The very fact that a 29-year-old is on here is cool enough! You've still got decades—don't worry now. Worry about it when the time comes.

I know that I'm much younger than you (I'm 20) but if you ever want to let out any steam, emotions, or just want to talk to someone, please just hit me up—I'm not a judgmental person and I will respect your privacy and words. I'll send you a friend requests so you remember.

Edit: You have disabled your requests, so I'm going to leave a comment on your profile.

Boobsftw said:
I'm only 15 years old and I'm already worrying about getting old lol.

Haha, bro! You have ages to go, don't worry. I was worried about college/sixth-form and if I would actually get a job at that age, too, but it's worked out for me and pretty much everyone I know. If it helps motivate you, statistically speaking it's really, REALLY unlikely that your life will come crashing down in the next couple of decades. Enjoy it, you're still young :)

Maze said:
it really does suck. i was 17 when I started mal, now i just turned 20 wtf :-( man my fave age is when i was 17/18. good days

Argh, this is literally me... I miss those days of being carefree and free lmao.

vvicked said:
yeah it sucks you find yourself living in routine of home, work and paying taxes like nothing else matters anymore.. at least anime helps to forget about it

There's a really interesting article on anime as a form of escapism. If you haven't seen it already, check it out, I'll link it below. It really dwells deep into the reasons that people watch anime. I found that most people learned something valuable from this—please take your time and read it if you want to, you might just find it interesting.

https://animewithsky.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/anime-editorial-the-bliss-of-escapism/
removed-userOct 2, 2018 1:16 PM
Oct 2, 2018 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Do LSD, it makes you surpass age itself
Oct 2, 2018 2:57 PM

Feb 2010
Getting old is an achevment. There are millions of dead people who would envy the fact that you reached 29.

Sounds like you are having a mid life crysis
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 2, 2018 3:45 PM

Aug 2018
That mindset is only hurtful. When you think of your past, you often only remember the good memories. Live by the day and rarely think about your past.
Oct 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah, I honestly wish I could be 18 again.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Blaming Japanese media for their low birth rate is simply untrue

ABigChungus - Jan 14

38 by MalchikRepaid »»
13 minutes ago

» why spelling of english language is so hard? its the only language that has spelling competition?

deg - Yesterday

22 by Sad »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » NEET vs Wage Slave (poll)

xZakai - Jun 17, 2021

38 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
30 minutes ago

» A primer on nerd culture

coolyfruity - Yesterday

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 3 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

104 by LenRea »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.