Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 18, 2017 4:24 PM

Mar 2011
This is what happens when you hurt the waifu of a beast from the shadows
Nov 18, 2017 4:41 PM

Oct 2008
Hands down, best show of the season.
It's the first time in a while that i want to watch the next episode so badly.
Nov 18, 2017 4:42 PM

Jan 2017
*Runs over to read the manga because I cannot wait until next week to see what happens*

Seriously though, another wonderful episode. I'm excited to see Elias's pissed off true form.

im weeb trash

Nov 18, 2017 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
AAAAAGGGHHH WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH THAT ENDING, DON'T DO THIS TO ME
Nov 18, 2017 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY fuck that was actually intense as shiiiiieeeeeet! I actually love that, I fucking love it. >w<
Nov 18, 2017 5:25 PM

Aug 2015
*screams* THAT CLIFFHANGER ARGGGGHGHHHHH
Nov 18, 2017 5:33 PM

Jul 2015
Wit Studio is doing a great job. This anime saved 2017 for me.

Nov 18, 2017 5:53 PM

Nov 2008
Next week - "Zombie Magette"... lol

Nov 18, 2017 7:35 PM

Sep 2016
Wow, NOW it's getting interesting!
Can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 18, 2017 7:43 PM

Jul 2015
Another great episode - been waiting to see Elias' transformation scene for a while and I'm so happy with how it came out!!

It's gonna be a long week waiting for the next episode u_u

Nov 18, 2017 8:15 PM

Aug 2014

Best part yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 18, 2017 8:19 PM

Jan 2017
O shit. Music when Chise entered the grave yard 👌
Nov 18, 2017 8:50 PM

Oct 2017
Chise getting stabbed so suddenly was very unexpected and I ate it up like pizza. So good! When Elias starting to change, I thought to myself, "Beauty and the Beast, duh."
The villain figure is less than ideal. I mean, I can't take him seriously when he looks like a kid and smiles too much. But ah well, I care more about Chise and Elias anyway. So glad it's only episode 7.
Nov 18, 2017 9:09 PM

Nov 2013
It was interesting to see Chise working on a potion. She overdid it, but it came in handy later. The sheep thing is adorable.

Now that we've seen the scene with Elias' true form from the opening, we will see the scene with Elias lying in the lake and Chise crying and the scene with small Elias(?) too, I guess.

How Ruth disposed of the Chimera was badass. And I wouldn't want to be in the bad guy's skin.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 18, 2017 11:30 PM

May 2015
Well now, looks like things are moving along in this episode!

And based on the preview, it looks like my theory is going to be correct. Elias needs Chise to keep himself under control when things like this happen.
Nov 19, 2017 12:07 AM
Aug 2017
I am really confused about Elias after watching this episode. What is he actually ? Whatever he maybe, I hope he makes that brat pay for what he has done.

Next episode is going to be epic. Can't wait to see Elias in action.
Nov 19, 2017 12:34 AM

Jun 2016
this episode marking that elias is not a human...
Nov 19, 2017 12:36 AM

Oct 2017
What a cliff hanger to leave it on.. I wanna save up episodes to binge it but it's too hard, these episodes get more and more addicting to watch *^*
Nov 19, 2017 12:42 AM

Jun 2008
That ending.... next week can't come fast enough. This show continues to surprise, delight, and make me feel uneasy.

On a more light hearted note:
Nov 19, 2017 12:42 AM

Nov 2010
How is everybody missing that best girl had a non visual cameo that was pure gold?
That note was just pure Angelica biting commentary gold!
Nov 19, 2017 1:36 AM
Apr 2016
PastTheRailroad said:
Chise getting stabbed so suddenly was very unexpected and I ate it up like pizza. So good! When Elias starting to change, I thought to myself, "Beauty and the Beast, duh."
The villain figure is less than ideal. I mean, I can't take him seriously when he looks like a kid and smiles too much. But ah well, I care more about Chise and Elias anyway. So glad it's only episode 7.

That is what profound villains look like. Deceiving looks, wretched smile and insane wrongdoings. The kind that does not change in prisons since there is nothing to change.
Re:formed
Nov 19, 2017 2:14 AM

Aug 2012
That went from 0-100 real quick
Nov 19, 2017 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
Elias is having a bad run at protecting Chise from harm, although it was very selfless of her to push Lucy out of harms way while putting herself in danger.

Because of that, Elias has gone berserk. His transformation scene looked insane and scary while staring down at the white-haired bastard who, again, shows no remorse about seeing Chise injured. At least we now know it was him who took away Renfred's arm.

Ulysse's transformation into a black dog was also nicely animated from Wit Studio. His VA also did a great job voicing the character too. =)

Either way, Elias is going on a rampage next episode, so my expectations for next week has risen a bit now. =)
Nov 19, 2017 5:31 AM
Nov 2016
That ending was amazing. Elias is pissed at that white haired kid.

I remember the dog from the OVAs...

I think the show has built up the lore of the show to a point where everyone is hooked to the show and as the plot slowly unravels to reveal what and who Elias actually is, the show gets more interesting.
Nov 19, 2017 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was an interesting episode, probably one of the best so far, not least because Chise getting stabbed by the evil kid came out of nowhere and led to an awesome yet terrifying transformation from Elias. It's going to be interesting to see how this confrontation plays out next week, that's for sure.
Nov 19, 2017 7:03 AM

Jun 2016
this show just really looks good imo. really is my main draw to it
Scream!
Nov 19, 2017 7:25 AM

Jun 2016
Chise learned how to make potions or use magic since Elias started teaching her. Awww. That sheep-like creature was so cute. Actually, every creature that was on the table helping Chise making her potion were so cute. My heart can't take the cuteness.

That was a horrendous-looking No Face monster. Hahaha. And so, that's how they met Ruth and I'm already in love. Pfffft. I thought that Isabelle was his lover, heck she was his sister. Hehe. Honestly, Ruth is Sirius Black. The resemblance, maaaan. Hihihi. :3

Turns out those sorcerers (Renfred and Alice) who they encountered in the previous episodes were victims of that motherfreaking kid, too. Ugh. They are good people after all. I already like Alice. And he was the reason why Alice's master, Renfred, is losing an arm. Asshole. And jeez Cartaphilus is his name and his seiyuu is Ayumu Murase. What the frick. Someone save Ayumu-kun from this character. Haha jk.

Ruth and his sister are humans. I wonder how they able to transform themselves into dogs or more like turn themselves into animagus. Hehehe. Yeah, see what I did there? Jesus, me. Stop.

FUCKING CHISE SAVED ALICE THEN SHE GOT STABBED BY THAT ASSHOLE OF A KID WITH HIS VINE OR SOMETHING. OHMYGOD. I LITERALLY SCREAMED! WAAAH. ELIAS' 'MONSTER' FORM IS HOLY SHIT. I wasn't expecting that I'm gonna see him in his 'ACTUAL' form (I think) soonest.

FUCK YOU, CARTAPIECE OF SHIT!

That was an insane episode, and I wasn't ready. 5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 19, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
It was great. I don't even know when that 20 minutes have passed.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 19, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2017
THEY EXPECT US TO WAIT 7 DAYS BEFORE SEEING WHAT HAPPENS?!?!
Nov 19, 2017 8:14 AM
Apr 2014
So many comments on Cartaphilus, and everyone is acting like this is the first time he plays a role in the anime. People, please: rewatch the previous arc. He's the guy who made Matthew kill all those cats. Hundreds of years ago. He's an immortal wizard, he isn't gonna be disposed of in a few episodes -_-
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Nov 19, 2017 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
FINALLY MY BOI RUTH WAS INTRODUCED IN THIS EPISODE
His voice works so well for his character and his dog form is well done
Chise learned how to use magic and make potions Even though her potion was so powerful she still used it to defense herself and I loved that
We also knew who the real enemy is and the enemy is that white haired sorcerer Alice and Renfred are not that bad of sorcerer they are only following his orders
When Alice mentioned "chimera" I was shooked I immediately remembered fullmetal alchemist brotherhood Ahhhh I'm traumatized by this word
The spotlight of this episode was Elias's transformation and OH MY WHAT A TRANSFORMATION THAT WAS IT WAS EPIC That cliffhanger at the end was painful It's hard to wait now for the next week episode without reading the manga
In the end I had a lot of Beauty and the Beast vibes because of Elias's transformation who reminded me of the beast and Chise who is the beauty
The animation was on a whole different level, the background when Chise was reading the book was breathtaking
This series continues to maintain the quality of the first episodes and if it continues like that I will give it without a doubt 10/10
Good job Wit studio
Looking forward for next episode
Nov 19, 2017 9:33 AM

Jan 2013
Will Chise ever catch a break?! Every episode feels like a cruel joke!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Nov 19, 2017 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
PastTheRailroad said:

That is what profound villains look like. Deceiving looks, wretched smile and insane wrongdoings. The kind that does not change in prisons since there is nothing to change.

I suppose you're right. Looks are deviously deceiving. I think that's why I'm so jumpy around people. So knows who they are >.<
Nov 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
Great! As usual, narration can have that magical atmosphere, but if the narrative rhythm is slow, strangely the contexts make some sense, even though they can not speak of their own and true action. The rest is as good as usual, starting with the new Chise companions who are adding roadwork, and the esoteric elements that are shown step by step. I look forward to coming next week, so I look at the short and a new episode. <3
Nov 19, 2017 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
THAT ENDING WAS EPIC!!! What a cliffhanger! Elias' transformation was amazing.
Although I don't really get the significance of Elias' alternative name. Pilum Murialis. Thorn plant that grows on a wall? or something like that. It doesn't really add any additional depth to the character from my perspective since he's already known under the name of Thorn Mage. So it sounds kind of unnecessary.
Furthermore, they mentioned him being a character from a fantasy story. I wonder if the story is made up as part of the backstory or if it is an actual known story.
Nov 19, 2017 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
Damn cliffhanger! I hope Elias cuts that bastard into a million pieces.
Nov 19, 2017 4:23 PM

Jan 2010
i cant stand cliffhangers arghhhhh
this episode was great though
Nov 19, 2017 5:19 PM

Oct 2015
One of my favorite villain ever finally show up. Hype for the fight in next episode.
Nov 19, 2017 7:43 PM

May 2013
Elias' true form was rad as f*ck. I'm really anxious for the next episode!
Nov 19, 2017 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
I starting to wonder how many times Chise is gonna end up unconscious throughout the series... I WANT HER TO BE OKAY DANG IT HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME WAIT SO LONG.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 20, 2017 3:01 AM
Apr 2016
People talking about elias and or ruth's form...
here i am...
still scared as Hell by whatever creature that suddenly appears behind chise...
even after read the chapter first didnt help ><
Nov 20, 2017 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah this was even better than the manga. That masked Chimera was creepy tho.
Nov 20, 2017 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
I didn't get why the black dog guy said he was a human, not a dog.
Nov 20, 2017 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
They handle well Elias transformation. Joseph on his evil experiments again. Get ready for some feels with Ruth next week.
Nov 20, 2017 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode, it had a nice pace and visuals were superb. The story also is getting more and more interesting. The ending was amazing, I was surprised that this happened. Best part of this episode? No doubt that Elias's transformation - I can't wait to see what he is capable of doing and what will happen in the next episode.
Nov 20, 2017 7:49 AM
Mar 2012
One of the best pacing's in 2017.
Nov 20, 2017 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
DEM THAT CLIFFHANGERS! Elias looks very pissed off. He is gonna to destroy that white hair boy's ass.
Nov 20, 2017 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
dat Elias transformation give me chill and a "you're going to be fucked" vibe.
I hope Elias kill that cocky white haired kid. he/she think can handle Elias, well, you're wrong.

damn cliffhanger I just can't wait to see next episode. I want to see that kid get rekt.

anyone who read the manga, spoil me, did that cocky kid get what she/he deserves?
Nov 20, 2017 4:55 PM

Nov 2012
Agreed with the blonde chick, no way can that thing become human lol.
Jaywalker.
Nov 20, 2017 8:19 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was by far the most informative episode in the series so far. I finally have a simple understanding of what a sleigh beggy actually is. I was waiting for this episode because I wanted to see her get her familiar. I liked him from the ova. And we finally see the evil sorcerer come out of hiding. Plus we get to see the real Thorn Mage finally reveal himself and what he is instead of the cryptic one liners of how others thought of him.
Quick question, when she calls all those over worldly creatures fairy, it is the same has fae right? Not actually a type of standard fairy right?

I can't wait for the next episode. I have a feeling that the evil sorcerer and Elias have had a run in, in the past (that's pretty obvious). I wonder if this evil person had something to do with what he mentioned as the run in with the church which is why he has to do stuff for the church. I wouldn't be surprised. This evil sorcerer seems to have very persuasive powers over others.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.