Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2017 3:18 AM

Dec 2007
Z4k said:
Ketuekigami said:

The ones I linked were not animation, they were just art.

At this point we should all be painfully aware of how bad DEEN is at art that is not meant to be the focus of attention. But it's sometimes so bad that it becomes the focus for that reason. Umineko and FSN UBW as prime examples

Those two shows were animated by different people. And DEEN can make a show with great art.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu

The scenes I linked from Konosuba were animated by different people? /s
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2017 3:19 AM

Jun 2009
Z4k said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_basic_principles_of_animation
Animation isn't about whether it looks nice in a screenshot but how it looks in motion.

Looks like some otaku are teaching other otaku the difference between art and animation...

It's like engineers were teaching other engineers the difference between and an addition and a multiplication XD Totally useless.
Jan 14, 2017 3:19 AM

Oct 2016
Ketuekigami said:
Kenna_Pyralis said:
Wow this is so you guys really don't understand animation.
Looking great right? That's why you should stop showing screen shots for animation because its intended to be viewed in motion not as a still image.

However I cannot refute some of the still scences, looked too undetailed at points and weren't used to make the comedy unique. Was disappointed.

At this point we should all be painfully aware of how bad DEEN is at art that is not meant to be the focus of attention. But it's sometimes so bad that it becomes the focus for that reason. Umineko and FSN UBW as prime examples

2016:

2017:

Lol............
Yuki_NonakaJan 14, 2017 3:25 AM
Jan 14, 2017 3:25 AM

Dec 2007
SeasonADay said:
Ketuekigami said:

............lol

Sometimes I think they hire child labor. No one but a child with crayons could draw those swords and think it's ok...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2017 3:28 AM
Jan 2013
SeasonADay said:
Studio Deen Sucks. Garbage.

Nah, it works for the show.

It helps to give the show the unique expressions and movements when it is needed.

We don't need the "still art"that make up other anime.

Animation should serve the story,it shouldn't be "good" when it is not suitable.

Jan 14, 2017 3:30 AM

Dec 2007
genesic123 said:
SeasonADay said:
Studio Deen Sucks. Garbage.

It helps to give the show the unique expressions and movements when it is needed.

Animation should serve the story,it shouldn't be "good" when it is not suitable.

"unique expressions"
Jan 14, 2017 3:33 AM
Jan 2013
Ketuekigami said:
genesic123 said:

"unique expressions"

It's not even bad when still.....

With movement it works well.

Jan 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Apr 2014
Ketuekigami said:
Z4k said:

Those two shows were animated by different people. And DEEN can make a show with great art.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu

What? I'm talking about FSN and Umineko and yes Konosuba is animated by a different team.

Edit: Nevermind you're just shitposting at this point like a typical Type-moon tard. Go on.
Jan 14, 2017 3:35 AM

Dec 2007
genesic123 said:

If that's not bad than nothing can ever be called bad.

Z4k said:
Ketuekigami said:

What? I'm talking about FSN and Umineko and yes Konosuba is animated by a different team.

And Konosuba S2 still looks like crap, why are other "animators" relevant? Apparently DEEN is really bad at hiring animators. But even a broken clock is right twice a day, S1 looked good. Too bad S2 is now a part of DEENs many half assed attempts.
KetuekigamiJan 14, 2017 3:41 AM
Jan 14, 2017 3:42 AM

Jun 2009
genesic123 said:
Ketuekigami said:

"unique expressions"

What movement? Megumin is only moving her mouth and everything else is fixed...
Both animation and art suck. Fmc it makes the show less enjoyable. Even a comedy needs quality... People are not complaining for fun. But well if you are ok with that there is no point to argue.
Jan 14, 2017 3:43 AM

Sep 2016
Zamoth said:
genesic123 said:

Both animation and art suck. Fmc it makes the show less enjoyable. Even a comedy needs quality... People are not complaining for fun. But well if you are ok with that there is no point to argue.
if you keep eating shit, you will get used to shit. he's that kind of person.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 14, 2017 3:44 AM

Oct 2016
Ketuekigami said:
genesic123 said:

Z4k said:

And Konosuba S2 still looks like crap, why are other "animators" relevant? Apparently DEEN is really bad at hiring animators. But even a broken clock is right twice a day, S1 looked good. Too bad S2 is now a part of DEENs many half assed attempts.

They probably
before they made Umineko.
Jan 14, 2017 3:45 AM

Dec 2007
SeasonADay said:
Ketuekigami said:

They probably
before they made Umineko.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were told "here's $100, now animate Umineko".

Maybe it was different animators, maybe THOSE animators sucked ass, maybe the director sucked ass. But DEEN is like a magnet for sucking ass.
Jan 14, 2017 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
Despite being a huge fan of S1, including its art style, I couldn't bring myself to like the art style of S2. It does feel like a down-grade in art instead of even a side-grade (which is how I view LN2 compared to LN).

However, I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough. The story and seiyuu are still there.
Jan 14, 2017 4:12 AM
Jan 2013
GangsterCat said:
Zamoth said:

Seem hypocritical considering your Sig is worse.

Don't talk about art when you own standards are shit.

genesic123Jan 14, 2017 4:21 AM

Jan 14, 2017 4:16 AM

Sep 2016
genesic123 said:
GangsterCat said:

cross ange is the best anime ever made
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 14, 2017 4:17 AM

Apr 2016
Ketuekigami said:
Kenna_Pyralis said:
Looking great right? That's why you should stop showing screen shots for animation because its intended to be viewed in motion not as a still image.

However I cannot refute some of the still scences, looked too undetailed at points and weren't used to make the comedy unique. Was disappointed.

what you call art was animation in mid frame with the stretched or squashed effect. Hence it look weird
Jan 14, 2017 4:22 AM
Jan 2013
GangsterCat said:
genesic123 said:

cross ange is the best anime ever made

Kono Suba has better art than Cross Ange

Jan 14, 2017 4:23 AM

Oct 2016
S1 http://imgur.com/a/ygonn art
S2 http://imgur.com/a/jxbCV fecal matter
Yuki_NonakaJan 14, 2017 4:37 AM
Jan 14, 2017 4:43 AM

Jun 2009
Kenna_Pyralis said:
what you call art was animation in mid frame with the stretched or squashed effect. Hence it look weird

Ketuekigami said:

"unique expressions"

Sorry but this is not a midframe. This is a static frame. This has nothing to do with visual masking and your screenshot from overwatch.
Jan 14, 2017 5:07 AM
Apr 2011
Zamoth said:
Z4k said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_basic_principles_of_animation
Animation isn't about whether it looks nice in a screenshot but how it looks in motion.

Looks like some otaku are teaching other otaku the difference between art and animation...

It's like engineers were teaching other engineers the difference between and an addition and a multiplication XD Totally useless.

Not everyone has the same understanding of art and animation. And some of the people here do know more than others.

Think of it this way. If someone asked half the people on here to make a short anime video in a couple days, do you think they could do it? Most people don't even understand the principles of animation. Let alone know what really goes on in the process of making it.
Jan 14, 2017 5:07 AM

Apr 2016
Zamoth said:
Kenna_Pyralis said:

Ketuekigami said:

"unique expressions"

Sorry but this is not a midframe. This is a static frame. This has nothing to do with visual masking and your screenshot from overwatch.
fair enough I agree but hopefully konosuba fans aren't watching konosuba for 24 minute still frame crisp art, If you want to do that just go to the art gallery, but for the comedic moments and characters otherwise this whole arguments is looking very stupid. Its not dragon ball super episode 5 so I say people shut up and watch konosuba for its comedy.
Jan 14, 2017 5:52 AM

Oct 2016
Ketuekigami said:
Kenna_Pyralis said:

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works was done by ufotable, not Studio Deen.

The original FSN is garbage. Also, they didn't adapt it to the visual novel well, but that isn't the point. Fuck Kono Suba season 2.

I think they must have a very low budget...
Yuki_NonakaJan 14, 2017 5:56 AM
Jan 14, 2017 5:56 AM
Apr 2011
SeasonADay said:
Ketuekigami said:

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works was done by ufotable, not Studio Deen.

Actually, Deen made F/SN and F/SN UBW (it's on netflix)... Ufotable then, made F/Zero, and then made their own rendition of F/SN UBW
Jan 14, 2017 6:18 AM

Apr 2014

You forgot to add this one for S1.
Jan 14, 2017 6:21 AM

Sep 2016
Z4k said:

looks like a certain character
CrossAnge

Jan 14, 2017 6:27 AM
Nov 2016
The art sesion 2 badly than sesion one, but the story beter then it.
Jan 14, 2017 6:32 AM
Apr 2011
Yeah, really, even s1 wasn't perfect.

Honestly, despite the art in s2, I feel like some things just work well regardless of how good or bad the art is.

Like the shot in the OP where Darkness was about to hit the rocks..... On a technical (artistic) aspect, this scene was nothing special. But you could feel Darkness' excitement overflowing in this shot. Not just from her facial expression, but just how she looked back at the group like 3 or 4 times in pure happiness like a child on Christmas. I think if anything, even if they're art isn't amazing, their ability to convey the characters' personality and emotions are spot on.

I think a lot of people are criticizing this show for something that they obviously aren't trying to prioritize. If this art was in something like Death Note or Ghost in the Shell... then yeah, this would be a problem. But this is not that kinda show.
Jan 14, 2017 6:53 AM

Oct 2016
Z4k said:

Yeah... That isn't all the time though. Season 2 is all the time. though, i'm sure you already know that...
Jan 14, 2017 7:27 AM
Apr 2011
SeasonADay said:
Z4k said:

Yeah... That isn't all the time though. Season 2 is all the time. though, i'm sure you already know that...

All the time? We've only seen one episode though. xD

Not that art is all that important for a comedy anyways. Like I said before, it really just depends on what kind of show it is. You can have this kind of art in a comedy like this.
Jan 14, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
FononZero said:

Not that art is all that important for a comedy anyways.

Art is important for a comedy too.
Jan 14, 2017 7:43 AM
Apr 2011
Zamoth said:
FononZero said:

Not that art is all that important for a comedy anyways.

In comparison to other genres, no, it's not. You ever wonder why Ed and Al from FMA randomly turn into weird bubble head people or shark alligator mouths out of no where during comedy scenes? There is something about comedy which allows you to get away with stuff like that. And the creators are 100% conscious of it.
Jan 14, 2017 8:01 AM

Jun 2009
FononZero said:
Zamoth said:

In comparison to other genres, no, it's not. You ever wonder why Ed and Al from FMA randomly turn into weird bubble head people or shark alligator mouths out of no where during comedy scenes? There is something about comedy which allows you to get away with stuff like that. And the creators are 100% conscious of it.

You are off topic. I can laugh at Kazuma making a weird face like I can laugh to El and Al from FMA. Here the problem is that the drawings get funnier randomly and not on purpose. There is a huge lack of quality and the creators probably are 100% conscious of that.
Jan 14, 2017 8:59 AM
Apr 2011
Zamoth said:
You are off topic.

Konosuba can have random derp faces because the show is never serious. And like I said before, if this show was something like Death Note or Ghost in the Shell... then yes, we would have a problem. But it's not.

The funny thing is that I'm sure I'm more critical on art than most people... but I can still enjoy this kind of show because it can get away with this kind of art.

Despite that, I will say that I can understand your complaints to some extent.... because they changed the art style in the middle of 2 seasons. If they wanted to go with this art style, they should have made it that way in season one.

ok, now back on topic

@Zamoth have fun waiting for Spice and Wolf season 3
@SeasonADay your avatar sucks
Jan 14, 2017 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
FononZero said:
Zamoth said:
You are off topic.

Konosuba can have random derp faces because the show is never serious. And like I said before, if this show was something like Death Note or Ghost in the Shell... then yes, we would have a problem. But it's not.

The funny thing is that I'm sure I'm more critical on art than most people... but I can still enjoy this kind of show because it can get away with this kind of art.

Despite that, I will say that I can understand your complaints to some extent.... because they changed the art style in the middle of 2 seasons. If they wanted to go with this art style, they should have made it that way in season one.

ok, now back on topic

No need to be rude because we don't share the same opinion.
Jan 14, 2017 9:20 AM

Feb 2015
And here where ppl rant about something that the series just done "worse" and rant that the whole shit is "worse" because of the "animation", ppl you'll get over it in time... Calm down...
Jan 14, 2017 9:25 AM
Apr 2011
Zamoth said:
No need to be rude because we don't share the same opinion.

Not sure why you think I would be rude / favor other people because of their opinions.

BTW, why @_Ako_ that's a nice avatar you have there.
Jan 14, 2017 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
Maybe that because of that?

FononZero said:
Zamoth said:
You are off topic.

ok, now back on topic

Why ? What kind of good can come from that kind of post? :(

As a conclusion (for my concern), I just hope that next episode's animation and art will be more solid so I can enjoy the show at its greatness.
Jan 14, 2017 10:50 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
SeasonADay said:
GangsterCat said:

way better here

rofl
Just makes me realize how bad the art is. I can't ignore it. xD It looks like the whole cast gained 15 pounds in season 2.

Well just tell yourself they really took 15 pounds because of their luxury life in the manor.

Jan 14, 2017 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
(Can someone actually show me a comparison of art styles? They look exactly the same to me)
Jan 14, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2007
FononZero said:
Zamoth said:

So you are saying that because it is a comedy it is ok to actually get really lazy at background and out of focus art? Even in still frames?

This is 2017 now, so we shouldnt have art from 2000 level technology.

It doesn't have to be "OMG THIS ANIME HAS THE BEST ART EVER!11!!". But even a comedy has a threshold level of how good the art needs to be.
KetuekigamiJan 14, 2017 1:07 PM
Jan 14, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2016
Ketuekigami said:
FononZero said:

So you are saying that because it is a comedy it is ok to actually get really lazy at background and out of focus art? Even in still frames?

It doesn't have to be "OMG THIS ANIME HAS THE BEST ART EVER!11!!". But even a comedy has a threshold level of how good the art needs to be.

wow that looks so great!

lol
CrossAnge

Jan 14, 2017 1:11 PM

Dec 2007
GangsterCat said:
Ketuekigami said:

wow that looks so great!

lol

It's also important to note that the scene I took is from a still scene, where the characters are not moving.

Which looks FAR WORSE than shitty art that is used as in between frames. It stays on the screen for a noticeable time-frame, unlike that DBZ image that was probably less than half a second.

The scene I linked stays on screen for SEVEN SECONDS FOR FUCKS SAKE. All that time the focus is on Megumin, and right next to her you see that.

I think the problem with most of the people here is that they are assuming the bad art is only in the movement frames, when it is actually in a lot of still frames also.

Kenna_Pyralis said:
fair enough I agree but hopefully konosuba fans aren't watching konosuba for 24 minute still frame crisp art, If you want to do that just go to the art gallery, but for the comedic moments and characters otherwise this whole arguments is looking very stupid. Its not dragon ball super episode 5 so I say people shut up and watch konosuba for its comedy.

There is a big difference between expecting "24 minute still frame crisp art", and expecting not to get randomly placed frames of shitty art that is hard to move past. Even a comedy has a certain threshold for what it needs to look like, and I think S2 is limboing barely under that threshold.

Well written comedy does not survive if it's paired with eye cancer lol
KetuekigamiJan 14, 2017 1:39 PM
Jan 14, 2017 2:43 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
It was enjoyable though for me :x

Jan 14, 2017 4:33 PM

Sep 2016
best evolution ever

xd
CrossAnge

Jan 14, 2017 5:20 PM
Nov 2015
i agree, honestly deen is shittt

the proportions are way out of whack compared to s1, and the faces look 5x derpier so that's great too.
Jan 14, 2017 5:51 PM

Sep 2015
Not watching Konosuba for the art anyways, don't matter to me.
Jan 14, 2017 5:52 PM

Sep 2015
To all of those claiming "it's a comedy, so the art isn't important": if I wanted to listen to comedy, I would listen to stand-up, which tends to have far-wittier jokes and excellent delivery compared to an anime. But no, I am watching an anime...with eyes, if I have to be more obvious here. The writing and VA work is only half of the job. The other half is the visuals. Right now, they aren't working, and for those of us who aren't a huge fan of stand-up, the comedy stops working too without the visual support. I'm not listening to a podcast. I'm watching a television show.
Jan 14, 2017 5:56 PM

May 2014
Yeah.. I tried my best to ignore the distorced faces and expressions, but i can't...
I mean, while in a "comedy scene" it's ok to distorce a little, but even in the normal and serious scenes....
But the show stills pretty fun and hilarious

Jan 14, 2017 7:19 PM

Feb 2010
SeasonADay said:
GangsterCat said:

way better here

rofl
Just makes me realize how bad the art is. I can't ignore it. xD It looks like the whole cast gained 15 pounds in season 2.

It's sad that people don't understand artistic choices and don't realize that having this kind of SAO-design would certainly make the whole less entertaining.

I'm not saying that Deen chose QUALITY by default, but their usual bad animation happens to works pretty well tends to be transparent with the cartoonish approach of KonoSuba.

I agree that first season was nicer (or at least that this first ep of second season had really terrible off model drawings) but it wasn't THAT much of a bother (always the same screenshots are posted btw, it's really localized and cherrypicked), and you can still hope for nicer episodes (1st season was quite inconsistent too).
lighthalzen-kunJan 14, 2017 7:35 PM

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2017

253 by Prosto_jel »»
Jun 2, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

426 by SaltyCookie »»
Jun 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

341 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

234 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

298 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 27, 1:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.