Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2010 2:56 AM

Jul 2009
kage-bunshin said:
glad to see hei in action, and anyone else think yin might have acted out of jealously at first?

I think it's very much a possibility seeing how much She really care for Hei. Though I don't think Yin intended to kill her (amber copy) until after she learned that "he" was a contractor.

Honestly this one episode was better than the entire season 2 =D
Feb 1, 2010 3:14 AM

May 2009
Why Hei don't kill that kid on the building?
Maybe his pedo side grow here *no offense just joking* =p

Anyway nice OVA with HeixYin moment.

Waiting for next eps with more Yin because S2 no good!
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Feb 1, 2010 3:24 AM

Mar 2008
KingDeadKira said:
This right here, should've been the second season but instead, we got a girl with a gun.

Can't agree more with that.
Feb 1, 2010 3:37 AM

Oct 2009
Finally subs are out!!! Ah this was great, never was much of a Yin x Hei fan but now i am :D I agree this should have been the 2nd season!BUT WHERE IS THE MASK?! ):
Darkmaya said:
eaz51 said:
One question does anyone know when episode 2 is coming out, because i read on randomcuriosity its on March 24th, and that's gonna seriously piss me off i have to wait that long for another one.

Unfortunately it's true. This will be out 24th March, proof:
http://www.d-black.net/gallary/pv03.html
So ep 3 will be about end of May... :<

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!
AozureFeb 1, 2010 3:41 AM
Feb 1, 2010 4:29 AM

Jun 2009
Yin ;_; and awesome UNTZUNTZUNTZ.
Feb 1, 2010 4:29 AM

Sep 2009
The starting was just amazing even though the action scenes werent for that long .
The music at 06:10 is just legendary...want the OST soon. It was played also in the season 2 i guess.

"Yin!" *hug* "Dont...dont leave me alone!"

Basically the change in Yin is because of Hei...that explains Hei saying "I will end what I started" in season 2. Maybe Hei brought changes due to his abnormal method of being a contractor.

Darkmaya said:
eaz51 said:
One question does anyone know when episode 2 is coming out, because i read on randomcuriosity its on March 24th, and that's gonna seriously piss me off i have to wait that long for another one.
Unfortunately it's true. This will be out 24th March, proof:
So ep 3 will be about end of May... :<
What!!! I will die by then.

Missed Yins voice.......love her. Shes just so adorable with the cap , the holding hand and actually talking to a stranger for Hei's love "food".
And ofcourse Hei hugging Yin scene never gets old.
HeiYin FTW totally!

The blonde illusion-contractor seems strong...
The dog eats the illusioned beings created by the blondie?? or hmm...confused.
ValentilnFeb 1, 2010 4:33 AM
Feb 1, 2010 5:09 AM

Mar 2009
Too bad this ONE OVA BLEW AWAY THE ENTIRE SECOND SEASON . (this ova > second season)
Feb 1, 2010 5:10 AM

Dec 2009
w0w this episodes explains everything on how did hei crush the syndicate.. can't wait for another episode xD
Feb 1, 2010 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
It's just a crazy good episode. I would prefer to have a second season like this instead of a sniper girl. Of course the second season was interesting but i prefer the first one and this specials too because there were more actions.

I love seeing Yin x Hei <3 they just fit perfectly =)
Feb 1, 2010 5:48 AM

Jan 2008
Lol, an OVA which is supposed to be an addition to the series is better than Pinku no Gemini.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 1, 2010 7:38 AM

May 2009
Well,I don't really have anything to say, but... OVA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd series.

This episode was freaking good, it brought back the old DnB feeling for me.
Feb 1, 2010 8:20 AM

Apr 2008
no wonder they didn't air this as part of season 2, the comparison would have killed any interest beyond episode 4.
it cannot be said enough times: this is what s2 should have been all about. i'm just gonna pretend this *is* season 2 and there is nothing beyond this.
Feb 1, 2010 10:53 AM
Jan 2009
Aweshum. Can't wait for the next one.
Feb 1, 2010 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Wonderful start, just wonderdul, splendid ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
I waited for action like this for the whole second season ( ´・‿-)~
Yin~ ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Yin~ ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Yin~ ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Also something I waited for during the whole second season. ( ゚,_ゝ゚)
If not before, then I just realized how bad the second season really was ┐('~`;)┌
"Enough for ten people." ◔ ◡ ◔
Wait wat? ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Amber? And of the older kind as well? ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Though Hei's acting is as great as always ( ¯‿¯)
Yin~
..is jealous? (´・ω・`)
Awwww ( ◔ ◔)
Lol the big brutish guy, he's got the same power as Parcel in DtB: Shikkoku no Hana ʘ‿ʘ Or seems like it anyway.
Ah, Yin's newly gained ability to control them contractor's powers against them surfaces~ ヽ(´ー`)ノ

That's it then, the second season didn't exist, this is the real second season ( ゚ ー ゚) Though I gotta say, that's one really short season (・3・ア
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 1, 2010 2:17 PM

Aug 2008
sigurros said:
kashim said:
Pinku no Gemini.

lol XD

Lol'd so hard as well.
And obvious truth is obvious, OVA follows noir atmosphere from season 1, which obviously was so much better than semi sf from pinky second one. Srsly, I wonder what directors had thought. If they'd run with old ideas, season 2 would be simply epic, not just 'meh, it was fine' kind. Seeing how OVA has this great, oldschool potential I just can't help but too remind that sad feeling two months ago.

Eh, hopefully gaps between next parts won't be hellsing-like. Also, too bad those OVA aren't hellsing lenght-like ;)
Feb 1, 2010 2:41 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic, now we'll have some insight into the second season ;) A bit too lat, itshould have been released before Ryuusei no Gemini, but it's still great, the Hei/Yin couple worked just well in this OVA.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 1, 2010 2:53 PM

Mar 2008
God, I hate watching prequels. Should of been released a long time ago.
Feb 1, 2010 3:14 PM

Aug 2009
This should of totally been the 2nd season. I loved the opening scene. I still think he should have the mask!
Feb 1, 2010 4:26 PM

Aug 2008
KingDeadKira said:
This right here, should've been the second season but instead, we got a girl with a gun.

EXACTLY.
Feb 1, 2010 4:37 PM

Feb 2010
bendomolena said:
KingDeadKira said:

EXACTLY.

I ♥ DTB!!!!
and i totally agree!!!
she dosent even keeps her memories which relly suxxd
shes just a copy!! not worth having a whole season focusd on her instead of hei or yin!

I can be your new favorite waste of time and you'll be mine
Feb 1, 2010 4:40 PM

May 2008
man good old days of DARKER THAN BLACK. I still remember the Opening Song. So Badass. OVA was great, worth watching

Feb 1, 2010 4:48 PM

Feb 2010
aznmonk64 said:
man good old days of DARKER THAN BLACK. I still remember the Opening Song. So Badass. OVA was great, worth watching

Yea!
i have the 1st opening theme song on my ipod:)
howling by the abingdon boys school--

Feb 1, 2010 5:10 PM
Oct 2008
That was a pretty good OVA.

Am I the only one who thinks the Hei and Yin thing is more of a sibling-like relationship? I feel like he wants to protect her because he couldn't protect Bai.

I might be biased though, because I'm all for Hei and Misaki! But I'm standing by theory.
Feb 1, 2010 5:35 PM

Jun 2007
jesska said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Hei and Yin thing is more of a sibling-like relationship? I feel like he wants to protect her because he couldn't protect Bai.

I might be biased though, because I'm all for Hei and Misaki! But I'm standing by theory.

Well considering at the end of Season two Hei stays with the second (real) Yin, I'd say they may be a bit more then siblings. I could be wrong though.

I agree, I want to see Hei x Misaki too but it's doubtful unless they make a 3rd season that explains what the hell happened at the end of the second and cleans up all the mess that was left behind.
Feb 1, 2010 5:47 PM

Jan 2010
Totally brought back the good ol' DTB season 1 feeling. I loved this so ajlksfld much omg. I can't wait for the next episode. ;_;
Feb 1, 2010 6:58 PM

May 2009
The first half which featured some quiet moments between Yin and Hei were really nice. But it was tinted with the sadness of knowing what would become of Yin and their relationship.

They weren't kidding when they said she was progressing at a fast rate. It no doubt scared Hei.

Reading through some of the initial posts were amusing as a lot of people watching the raws thought that "she" was actually Amber even through to the end. It can be trouble making things out before the subs are out sometimes. I probably would've been confused too.
Feb 1, 2010 6:59 PM
Jun 2009
liked it... i agree it made me remind of dtb season 1...i liked the pace (more yin :3)
Feb 1, 2010 8:55 PM
Aug 2009
whats that blonde guys name anyways
Feb 1, 2010 10:36 PM

Jan 2009
therny said:
Who doesn't? : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 1, 2010 11:00 PM

Oct 2009
Jigoku-n3ko said:
no wonder they didn't air this as part of season 2, the comparison would have killed any interest beyond episode 4.
it cannot be said enough times: this is what s2 should have been all about. i'm just gonna pretend this *is* season 2 and there is nothing beyond this.
I will pretend this is the start of season 2 instead.
DeathfireD said:
jesska said:

Well considering at the end of Season two Hei stays with the second (real) Yin, I'd say they may be a bit more then siblings. I could be wrong though.

I agree, I want to see Hei x Misaki too but it's doubtful unless they make a 3rd season that explains what the hell happened at the end of the second and cleans up all the mess that was left behind.
Exactly my thoughts DeathfireD and they should start the third season like that also.
aznmonk64 said:
And also re-watching too.
therny said:
aznmonk64 said:

Yea!
howling by the abingdon boys school--
Yeah you are forgetting how amazing the the second OP of that season is also.
Byou said:
This is fucking how s2 was supposed to be. Feels like I finally get the DTB I've been waiting for. Too bad it's just 4 specials.
Big scream saying "Oh yeah big time!"

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 1, 2010 11:48 PM

Nov 2009
Finally got time to watch it! First let me say this; I loved season 2 just as much as season 1 because it wasn't in 2 episode mini-arcs, but this blew both seasons away hard! I rarely want to watch an episode of a show more than twice in a row, but damn i watched it 4 times and i still want to watch it more. The only thing that's stopping me is the fact that i have morning classes tomorrow. Also damn i don't want to wait a few months for another episode, this isn't hellsing ultimate damn it, I want it in a week or 2 Wahhh.

Also considering how well this is GOING to do, if bones can produce more material like this we will definitely see a season 3.
Feb 2, 2010 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty darn awesome I must say.
Feb 2, 2010 12:45 AM

Sep 2009
Man i loved it and the ending song is a perfect fit for the OVA and the ending with Hei and Yin hugging was GREAT!!
Feb 2, 2010 3:50 AM

Dec 2009
YAYAYAYAY! i just watched it, the subs are out XD

if you watch till the end that amber girl is actually a boy and is still alive. i mean after the credits!

THIS is the darker and black we all no and love :D
Feb 2, 2010 4:53 AM

Jul 2007
great episode.
same feelings as season 1.

and the preview looks bad-ass as well.
too bad no amber though. =(
Feb 2, 2010 6:19 AM

Jan 2008
anyone knows when ep. 2 is coming out?
Feb 2, 2010 6:59 AM

Feb 2009
patlagik said:

next month, I think.
Feb 2, 2010 7:23 AM

Aug 2008
I'm just like to add, what the hell happened to the second season? Angsty teenagers in DtB? Such a disaster. The OVA is waay better than the second season, no competition. I think I'm in just complete shock because I didn't know that this OVA would be so good.
Feb 2, 2010 8:56 AM

Dec 2009
Ohmygod that was awesome! Yin was so cute in a one piece dress and in that chinese dress! :D Loved that scene where they both hug but it only makes it more tragic since we all know the fate that will fall upon those two.. T_T Cant wait for the next ova!
Feb 2, 2010 8:58 AM

May 2008
bendomolena said:
I'm just like to add, what the hell happened to the second season? Angsty teenagers in DtB? Such a disaster. The OVA is waay better than the second season, no competition. I think I'm in just complete shock because I didn't know that this OVA would be so good.

Suou was the only main character who was a teenager, and she wasn't even close to angsty. There was nothing wrong with DtB S2, the only difference between it and S1 was that S1 was episodic (generally having a new story arc every 2 episodes), while S2 was one long story arc. S2 retain the great animation, direction and mood that S1 had.

Regardless, I enjoyed the OVA. <3 Yin
Feb 2, 2010 10:03 AM

Oct 2007
Great OVA - nice action and the development of Yin and her relationship with Hei. But i so want March 24th to come now to watch ep. 2 >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2010 10:43 AM
Sep 2009
I thought season 2 was good on its own, but thanks to this OVA it will hopefully feel more connected to the first season. I was very excited to see Hei back with his electric powers too. On another note, it's been a long time since I watched season 1 and even season 2 is starting to get a bit hazy in my mind...who is amber again???
Feb 2, 2010 10:55 AM

Sep 2009
doctorwolf said:
I thought season 2 was good on its own, but thanks to this OVA it will hopefully feel more connected to the first season. I was very excited to see Hei back with his electric powers too. On another note, it's been a long time since I watched season 1 and even season 2 is starting to get a bit hazy in my mind...who is amber again???

More like you never watched Season 1 at all.
Feb 2, 2010 1:37 PM

May 2008
Gt_Machine said:
patlagik said:

next month, I think.

2ep will be out 24th March.

Too bad that BSS didn't fansub also a trailer to next ova :< ( longer trailer )
Feb 2, 2010 1:47 PM

Apr 2009
awesome Ova X)
Feb 2, 2010 2:24 PM
Oct 2009
It's nice. Same feeling as season 1.
Feb 2, 2010 5:02 PM

Nov 2007
It was nice to see Yin alive and functioning.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 2, 2010 5:05 PM

Feb 2010
Byou said:
This is fucking how s2 was supposed to be. Feels like I finally get the DTB I've been waiting for. Too bad it's just 4 specials.

I totally agree!!!
Does anyone know if theyre making another season?-
cuz that would totally make my year!
even if we have to sign a petition or something--ill totally do it!!!

Feb 2, 2010 6:00 PM
Jul 2009
Awesome. I had a lot of expectations for this OVA (I think we all did) and just from this episode I think it's heading in the right direction. Highly looking forward to the rest :)
Feb 2, 2010 7:52 PM
Jan 2009
Fleri said:
doctorwolf said:

More like you never watched Season 1 at all.

This
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

maji_saikou - Jul 21, 2010

186 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chocolaetmaelk - May 26, 2010

146 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 7:25 AM

» Let me understand this?

Bard_Eren - Feb 5

4 by Bard_Eren »»
Feb 6, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 24, 2010

175 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 1:05 PM

» Why is she emotionless

elChina - May 3, 2013

5 by EmperorThor »»
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.