Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 16, 2016 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
IMTAdrian said:
That's why I can't take the mal base seriously when people like OP is self-inserting as the mc.
Self-inserting is actually fine as long as you have the emotional capacity to understand things and are carful about what the context is...
May 16, 2016 2:56 AM

Oct 2014
Illyricus said:
He became attached to them during the 20 days they spend together and he values them, that's why he decided to commit suicide to save the maids. It has sense for Subaru's character, but in my case, I wouldn't waste my precious life to save people who wouldn't bother to even hear my last words before killing me in a gruesome way just because they smelled some Witch essence in me.

but my dear Subject, don't forget that the Witch's essence is quite like being ''ppossessed by the Devil's Scent'' in our World in the middle Ages. That + acting suspicious + people nearby who seem to have been affected by the witch = yeah...
May 16, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2013
Shrimperor said:
Illyricus said:
He became attached to them during the 20 days they spend together and he values them, that's why he decided to commit suicide to save the maids. It has sense for Subaru's character, but in my case, I wouldn't waste my precious life to save people who wouldn't bother to even hear my last words before killing me in a gruesome way just because they smelled some Witch essence in me.

but my dear Subject, don't forget that the Witch's essence is quite like being ''ppossessed by the Devil's Scent'' in our World in the middle Ages. That + acting suspicious + people nearby who seem to have been affected by the witch = yeah...
I can see why they were so ruthless with him and why they distrusted in him due how terrible the Witch seems to be + Subaru being suspicious with his behavior in the mansion, but even in that case, if I were in Subaru's place, I wouldn't save them no matter how logical they thinking killing me find. That doesn't change the fact they killed me in cold blood.

Of course I'm talking about me, but in Subaru's case, due his personality and attachment to them, it has sense he decided to save the twins.
May 16, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
Takana_no_Hana said:

It's hard to imagine someone would sacrifice himself to save a person who just tortured him badly and gave him a trauma.

without love it cannot be seen.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 16, 2016 7:35 AM

Apr 2015
Illyricus said:
just because they smelled some Witch essence in me.

"just because" is subjective. you'll understand more.

if I were in Subaru's place, I wouldn't save them no matter how logical they thinking killing me find. That doesn't change the fact they killed me in cold blood.

So where will you go then? where will you find a place to stay?

very easy to say it, but doing it is another thing.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 16, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
He is smart enough to realize that those girls do not remember a single thing about him and in his next loop he felt warmth from the twins rather then anger. You do know Rem killed him in previous loop not this loop.

And reason while Rem killed him she already told but the explanation as of why she felt so strongly the need to kill will be given later on.

And also who the f told you he was killed by the twins in all 3 loops? Why the heck was he reading about curses all this time? Why Rem died in loop 4 if she was the one cursing. Do some research before making stupid rants.
YatoGodMay 16, 2016 7:54 AM
May 16, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2015
kidlat020 said:
without love it cannot be seen.

The Umineko reference is actually pretty good (if it is one). I feel the same vibes coming from Re:Zero, that I felt from reading Umineko. Also the clues between the lines are just as numerous as in Umineko.

Takana_no_Hana said:

It's hard to imagine someone would sacrifice himself to save a person who just tortured him badly and gave him a trauma.

He basically remembered that the sisters cared for him while he had nightmares. Why would they do that, if they were bad from the beginning? He wants to survive and thus chooses to save them. Sacrificing is better than being chased around the world. Ram and Roswell were on a rampage. He had no chance of surviving this instance.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 16, 2016 8:25 AM

Nov 2009
Sometimes791 said:

He basically remembered that the sisters cared for him while he had nightmares. Why would they do that, if they were bad from the beginning? He wants to survive and thus chooses to save them. Sacrificing is better than being chased around the world. Ram and Roswell were on a rampage. He had no chance of surviving this instance.

That was a cheap way to make him changed his mind.

And yeah, what a logic u have there.

He had no chance of surviving, so he chose to kill himself in probably one of the most painful way to jump off a cliff instead of trying to survive rofl. Like fucking really? It's like there are assassins coming after you, but instead of running away and try your best to survive, u just gonna kill urself because hey, I might as well dead anyway. LOOOOL my head .. it hurts. He was under the loli protection and he tossed that away as well to try a slim chance through a painful death. And mind your words, that was not sacrificing, that was suicide rofl.

Okay man, okay. I thought I was done, but I am really now. You guys really win this time, my logic can't cope with this. I am sorry to disappoint u all.

Why am I even arguing, next time please please don't quote me. I don't want to receive any notification about this topic at all.
Takana_no_HanaMay 16, 2016 8:34 AM
May 16, 2016 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
Takana_no_Hana said:

He had no chance of surviving, so he chose to kill himself in probably one of the most painful way to jump off a cliff instead of trying to survive rofl. Like fucking really?

most painful way?Falling of a cliff?Wat?He probably didnt evel feel pain for a milisecond,only less painful way to die must be a bullet to the head...Which unfortunately doesnt exist in this world...
May 16, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
Takana_no_Hana said:
Sometimes791 said:

He had no chance of surviving, so he chose to kill himself in probably one of the most painful way to jump off a cliff instead of trying to survive rofl. Like fucking really? It's like there are assassins coming after you, but instead of running away and try your best to survive, u just gonna kill urself because hey, I might as well dead anyway. LOOOOL my head .. it hurts. He was under the loli protection and he tossed that away as well to try a slim chance through a painful death. And mind your words, that was not sacrificing, that was suicide rofl.

Okay man, okay. I thought I was done, but I am really now. You guys really win this time, my logic can't cope with this. I am sorry to disappoint u all.

Why am I even arguing, next time please please don't quote me. I don't want to receive any notification about this topic at all.

Ever heard of the word torture? Which one would you prefer? Torture or instant death? Have you ever been tortured, to the point, where you break? They could possibly do that. And the Beato isn't allmighty. Roswell is probably stronger than her.
And if you are killed in the end, what's the point of wasting time in getting chased around? He wants to survive in the long term. In his case he assumed that he is revived again after that.
(small mistake with sacrifice and suicide)
We probably won't understand each other, sorry, that my logic differs from yours.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 16, 2016 8:48 AM

Nov 2009
LoneWizard said:

most painful way?Falling of a cliff?Wat?He probably didnt evel feel pain for a milisecond,only less painful way to die must be a bullet to the head...Which unfortunately doesnt exist in this world...

Have u .. ever tried jumping off a cliff ?????????????????????
If the cliff wasn't high enough, if he didn't land on his soft-spot, if he fell into a tree, then enjoy hours of blood loss and extreme pain.
You probably don't even know what you're talking about.

But whatever, I feel like I was arguing with SAO fanboy all over again. rip my notification and goodbye, don't have much time to waste.
Takana_no_HanaMay 16, 2016 8:52 AM
May 16, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
I whole heartedly agree with you, I mean why the fck would I even bother saving the twins who were the cause of my death for 2x (not sure from the first one because nothin was shown, he was likely killed in his sleep but heck maybe someone else killed him in his 1st death) but Subaru has a point, he needs to save them in order for him to live, what irritates me is when he said he loves the twins, fck the twins they need to go. Woulda loved it if Beatrice sliced all of their heads including the weird clown dude.

PS: Loved it when I saw Rem died, while Ram was crying I was laughing the heck out lol.
May 16, 2016 8:57 AM
Mar 2016
LoneWizard said:
GosuGian said:

Dumb kid HAHAHA
Get out!
"I am not intelligent enough for this anime so its shit"
That was good and sad ;_;
So true. Whiners who have poor comprehension skills should just watch Naruto and One Piece. There's no need to think there. Even kids enjoy those things.
May 16, 2016 9:01 AM

Jan 2014
@Takana_no_Hana

did you see that cliff?Lmao it is high and sharp enough that he will become a splatter the moment he hit the ground

lol,and what has SAO with this situation...I love it when you have nothing logical to say that you just spout some nonsense and run away...

@crx07

i doubt,even Naruto has complicated stuff in its latter arcs...
May 16, 2016 9:04 AM
Mar 2016
LoneWizard said:
They could just skip those "boring" stuff and just watch the fight scene.
May 16, 2016 9:06 AM
May 2016
LoneWizard said:
@Takana_no_Hana

did you see that cliff?Lmao it is high and sharp enough that he will become a splatter the moment he hit the ground

lol,and what has SAO with this situation...I love it when you have nothing logical to say that you just spout some nonsense and run away...

@crx07

don't waste your time with that man, I know him, just ignore
May 16, 2016 9:06 AM

Sep 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Sometimes791 said:

I wouldn't choose to kill myself over running away if I knew that I would be dead forever. But if given a choice to redo everything over again, I would choose to redo. Between running from assassins for the rest of my life or taking a chance to do everything over again for a happier outcome, I would choose the do over.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
May 16, 2016 9:28 AM

Oct 2014
Ok, just want to chime in here. 16-17 days might not seems like a long time (and objectively it really isn't), but it can _feel_ like a long time. Using real experiences from my own life, just before my senior year of high school, I attended a language learning camp. I spent three weeks at a college campus where I spent basically all day just learning a foreign language (in this case it was Chinese).

I lived in a college dorm, and I quickly became friends with my roommate and a couple other people. About two weeks in (after having spent basically every waking moment with each other), we all came to the conclusion that even though we only knew each other for about 14 days or so, it felt like we had known each other for a year or two. You don't really get that way with people that you meet at school or work because you don't see them the entire day. And most people don't really think about school or work when they're at home (aside from maybe homework or complaining with your spouse about how rude someone was at work to you), so it's very easy to form a mental disconnect with people at school or work (this is especially true since many of those "friends" at work or school are simply just friends of circumstance). But Subaru spent every waking moment with these people, so it's only natural that he felt a strong connection with them.

Combine that with the fact that he's in a situation that would make it very hard for him to think rationally (which a lot of you are forgetting), I can see why he would do this. Sure, it might be a bit cliche, but I would hardly call it whiteknighting. Also, I think that many people are taking more of a "Lawful Stupid" approach to this (not saying that they themselves are stupid for thinking this way). It's just that...well, things aren't always so black and white. If Rem tortured him for the sake of torturing him, that would be one thing. But she believed wholeheartedly that he was out to do harm to them.

On top of that, keep in mind that instead of letting Subaru wallow away in agony after having been tortured, she just killed him. That leads me to believe that she didn't feel any pleasure in torturing him, because if she did, she would have kept torturing him even after she realized that she wouldn't be able to get any information out of him. To kill someone after torturing them, is actually an act of kindness in a weird way. I will flaw her for taking the law into her own hands instead of allowing Subaru to defend himself, but I can't really judge the standards of another culture with one's of my own. Anyway, that's all I really have to say about that. Believe what you want to believe, but just don't think that your way is the only "logical" or "valid" way of thinking.

Edit: Apparently, from reading the other thread, it was more than likely Ram that finished Subaru off instead of Rem. So, that kind of makes my last paragraph mostly invalid, but I'm just going to leave it as is.
MegaShadowFistMay 16, 2016 9:38 AM
May 16, 2016 6:16 PM

Nov 2012
Well things sort of go both ways if we look at it in a pure ice cold eye type of way right? It seems complicated to me.

Sure one could say he's white knighting, or he's only acting this way because they're cute girls and he wouldn't do this for ugly old hags. At the same time, if Subaru was an grotesque looking dude(and there's a huge difference between an average looking guy who happens to be a neet and someone truly gross looking) would those maids really hold his hands during his nightmares? Really care enough to be cute around him and teach him how to read? Especially if he smells like some apparent evil figure, and their monarch died and he himself is not a forthcoming person who can explain where he even comes from? I mean if this anime was from the point of view of the people in the house, and Subaru ended up killing them, people would probably say everyone in the house was retarded for letting a dude who smells like the enemy roam free when he couldn't even explain who he was and all that jazz.

But at the end of the day, much like real life, the characters aren't just ice cold, unbiased, thought machines who only act purely on logic who are unaffected by anything else. I don't think the emotions and actions of the characters are that out there to the point one should complain about it. If you're the type of person who doesn't have many friendly connections in life AND you desperately want them, plus you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if you gave up on trying to help and be with Emelia, then taking the chance hoping you might revive by jumping off the cliff might be a good idea.

I for one, would have taken my chances with library sama holding Ram off, as I run away, she seemed be doing a well enough job at that point. The hope for Emelia pussy and regaining my friendship with a bunch of maids, no matter how nice they were, wouldn't be enough for me to risk my life or jump off a cliff hoping to reset. But that's just me. AND, assuming he wakes up revived, the first thing I'd do is do everything over again so that Library Sama will do be a favor of protecting me, I'd spend the first few days asking her how to get the damn scent or w.e off me, or learn how to get it off(because I don't want it getting me in trouble with the next community I try to get into away from this group), and then I'd leave that area as soon as possible after learning it using her protecting to get me out of there as I never look back. Which I doubt he will do, because he seems to be very attached to these people, and has shown he's willing to deal with a lot of bs to help people out and chill with Emelia which is alright since that's just who he is.

I mean I'd feel bad about it, but I could easily move on. Make a new small circle of pals and that's that. But that's because I'm more or less fine with being slightly introverted and slightly a loner, I'm not as desperate nor as loyal as the MC to the point I'd handle so many problems just for these people.
EpicenterMay 16, 2016 6:25 PM
Jaywalker.
May 16, 2016 6:46 PM

Dec 2014
*Shrugs*
It's how the show gets drama - and this trend is not going to change anytime soon in today's anime climate.

Just like how Beatrice has no real purpose in this show except to draw in loli lovers.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
May 16, 2016 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Subaru isn't a knight, but a peasant. For 'whiteknighting' to be possible for Subaru, it'd have to be taken literally, you know? That fantasy world isn't real; there, physical and magical strength matters the most.

Huh, I'm not much into what this thread's about, but it seems simple enough. Another simple thing is...that it's essentially flawed.

If I wasn't clear: Subaru's (currently?) too weak to save anyone.

... There is a game, called Dwarf Fortress... In one game mode, you play as an adventurer, and... well, it's a good simulator. When I make a 'Subaru' (peasant), the character usually dies to a pack of wild dogs, while wandering in the forest.

That's how capable Subaru currently is. And unless through magic, it wouldn't make much sense for him to become much stronger than that... Because his body physique is...weak. He's not very tall, either... So, with with the genes he seems to have... Well, putting it in game terms, he's lacking in the base, strength attribute. Let's just say that he's '1000' base strength - someone untrained, but a strong build (genes) would have twice that much, so '2000'. With training, the person with superior genes would reach '4000'. Still, Subaru trained would be just as the untrained person with superior genes was...

What I can say is that I praise the author (not only for what I'm about to refer to, but a bunch of other things) for making Reinhard's strength justifiable: He's strong because of mana, not muscles.

About Felt: Another thing that I had thought is that what could've made Felt so successful as a thief was the fact that... she had that gift, 'Blessing of the Wind' (if you've forgot: it makes her move incredibly fast. Even faster than Elsa? Possibly). IF the author had thought this far... Man, I praise him.
May 16, 2016 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
SuperKirei said:

Just like how Beatrice has no real purpose in this show except to draw in loli lovers.

No purpose? Wouldn't that only be the case if she hadn't intervened in anything? And it's a magical, fantasy world. See her eyes? How much a hint you wanna be given? She's some kind of fairy; meaning her appearance is justifiable.
May 16, 2016 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
iRels said:
Subaru isn't a knight, but a peasant. For 'whiteknighting' to be possible for Subaru, it'd have to be taken literally, you know? That fantasy world isn't real; there, physical and magical strength matters the most.

Huh, I'm not much into what this thread's about, but it seems simple enough. Another simple thing is...that it's essentially flawed.

... There is a game, called Dwarf Fortress... In one game mode, you play as an adventurer, and... well, it's a good simulator. When I make a 'Subaru' (peasant), the character usually dies to a pack of wild dogs, while wandering in the forest.

That's how capable Subaru currently is. And unless through magic, it wouldn't make much sense for him to become much stronger than that... Because his body physique is...weak. He's not very tall, either... So, with with the genes he seems to have... Well, putting it in game terms, he's lacking in the base, strength attribute. Let's just say that he's '1000' base strength - someone untrained, but a strong build (genes) would have twice that much, so '2000'. With training, the person with superior genes would reach '4000'. Still, Subaru trained would be just as the untrained person with superior genes was...

What I can say is that I praise the author (not only for what I'm about to refer to, but a bunch of other things) for making Reinhard's strength justifiable: He's strong because of mana, not muscles.

About Felt: Another thing that I had thought is that what could've made Felt so successful as a thief was the fact that... she had that gift, 'Blessing of the Wind' (if you've forgot: it makes her move incredibly fast. Even faster than Elsa? Possibly). IF the author had thought this far... Man, I praise him.

I'm curious, are you unaware of what the saying "white knight" entails? Or are you being humouress? White knighting doesn't really require status, skill, or power, it's just a term people use for dudes who try to help others no matter the circumstance, especially if helping females.
Jaywalker.
May 16, 2016 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
iRels said:
SuperKirei said:

No purpose? Wouldn't that only be the case if she hadn't intervened in anything? And it's a magical, fantasy world. See her eyes? How much a hint you wanna be given? She's some kind of fairy; meaning her appearance is justifiable.

She sat in her room being tsun in every episode until the new one - when she decided to help Subaru for silly reasons.

Her appearance has nothing to do with the fantasy setting. She is fitting an archetype. Frankly, I liked that archetype better when she was called Victorique in Gosick.
May 16, 2016 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
SansrivaaL said:
I whole heartedly agree with you, I mean why the fck would I even bother saving the twins who were the cause of my death for 2x (not sure from the first one because nothin was shown, he was likely killed in his sleep but heck maybe someone else killed him in his 1st death) but Subaru has a point, he needs to save them in order for him to live, what irritates me is when he said he loves the twins, fck the twins they need to go. Woulda loved it if Beatrice sliced all of their heads including the weird clown dude.

PS: Loved it when I saw Rem died, while Ram was crying I was laughing the heck out lol.

Subaru's at fault for getting involved with dangerous people. It's unavoidable that he pays for it. Again, he's the one at fault for being incapable of dealing with them (they're too much for him to handle, you know). But there'll be great benefits if he gets them on his side... Although he seems more interested in romance at the moment.

But yeah, Subaru didn't 'play' well, which is why he was killed by them; When he was cursed and vomiting in the mansion, then killed sometime after, I thought 'One of the maids could've just finished him off, because he posed a danger (being contaminated and such) to the other residents.'
May 16, 2016 7:08 PM

Feb 2015
jzmagic said:
I know there's quite a few of you who feel the same way, those maids who tortured and killed him over and over again don't deserve saving. The only thing I dislike about this show so far.

Considering his situation at that point, I would have done the same:

-Rem dying is information that can be used to great effect in a subsequent loop.
-At this point, Emilia and Ram both hate him, and those two are some of the most useful people he can get on-side with that we've seen so far.
-Subaru now knows something more of Clown and Beatrice's power and the nature of the threat coming to them on the fatal night.
-and, you know, the cliff was right there - may as well let off a bit of emotion to get yourself psyched up for your suicide attempt.

He was far from being in an ideal situation at that point, and the person he'd fallen head over hells for had basically prompted the idea to him when she pleaded for him to do anything he could to save Rem, almost as if she knew he somehow could despite her already being dead.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 16, 2016 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Shrimperor said:

I can see why they were so ruthless with him and why they distrusted in him due how terrible the Witch seems to be + Subaru being suspicious with his behavior in the mansion, but even in that case, if I were in Subaru's place, I wouldn't save them no matter how logical they thinking killing me find. That doesn't change the fact they killed me in cold blood.

Of course I'm talking about me, but in Subaru's case, due his personality and attachment to them, it has sense he decided to save the twins.

Killed you in cold blood? But think: Subaru could've killed me in cold blood. This is what they think. You value your life? You don't forgive someone for having took it? They also value their lives (possibly even more than you would be capable of), and would also find it very difficult to forgive someone for taking it. That's why they can't risk... They're not ordinary people. They're people in power. They've enemies. They've those who're interested in their fortune... If only they knew Subaru's...past - where he came from, family... his identity, THEN they could have more trust in him. But no, even if he's not evil, there's still the possibility of he being controlled by someone who is.

Imagine someone you see on the street, then imagine that person starting to live in your home the next day... You knowing nothing about the person's past, and the person not wanting to tell... Would you sleep without worries at night? Even if you both talked and had a good time? That can all be acting... In a fantasy world, it should be worse - 'cause magic...
May 16, 2016 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
Epicenter said:
iRels said:

I'm curious, are you unaware of what the saying "white knight" entails? Or are you being humouress? White knighting doesn't really require status, skill, or power, it's just a term people use for dudes who try to help others no matter the circumstance, especially if helping females.

Oh yeah I enjoyed taking it farther than that, hah. (Because in the fantasy world it can, you know.) Subaru could take the term and apply it into literal senses... Don't think this'll happen, thou.

But yeah, I found it amusing...and humorous? Like you said.
May 16, 2016 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
SuperKirei said:
iRels said:

She sat in her room being tsun in every episode until the new one - when she decided to help Subaru for silly reasons.

Her appearance has nothing to do with the fantasy setting. She is fitting an archetype. Frankly, I liked that archetype better when she was called Victorique in Gosick.

Nothing to do with the fantasy setting? How many people dress that way in our world, reasonably? (I mean, not to cosplay.) She's living in a mansion of one of the candidates for the throne. The person that'll be a King/Queen... How common is that? It's not.

Tsun? She truly detested Subaru's impertinence. And she loves the Cat Spirit. She doesn't likes Subaru much, but is making a sacrifice for the- (lemme get the name- Oh, I remembered) Puck.

What she was doing also had a purpose (as was said): she was guarding the library. Roswaal is a powerful magician, and how do you think magicians become strong? By studying. The library is then a treasure. Roswaal isn't in the mansion all the time, he has stuff to attend to... The maids are busy doing chores, etc... Really, if you think about it, there's just too few people in that mansion... What they're going through isn't simple, meaning much is being invested in those characaters - meaning again, that shallow characters are practically not allowed...

Just a small, but significant note: The author's obviously aware of what someone like you would think. (He knows it. He's a professional.) Yet he felt justifiable to create Beatrice... There's no flaw here... But ah, you can keep poking around... No harm.
May 16, 2016 7:43 PM
Oct 2013
Takana_no_Hana said:
LoneWizard said:

Saving twins is the easiest solution for Subaru...It is the best route for Subaru's salvation and his well being...

Oh lol yeah except for the fact that the blue twin would go mad and kill him again, there's no guarantee he will be able to persuade her or earn her trust, because the dude has failed several times before in those recent saves.

Except, maybe if he is given a thick plot armor, will power and convenient plots then yeah, he will get through to save his harem and full fill our weaboo fantasy.

There's no guarantee? Of course there's none but it's not really about the "guarantee" but rather a "possibility" or an "opportunity". If you're so scared about the consequences of your action because you have no guarantee, then you'll never find the "right" path or the best ending.

Let me enlighten everyone who think Subaru is an idiot while in reality you really are the idiot:

Scenario #1 - Subaru died from the curse because he doesn't know how he died and truth behind it. He kept doing the same thing over and over and kept dying over and over. Worst outcome.

Scenario #2 - Subaru died from Ram/Rem/Roswaal perhaps even Betty in a worst case scenario because the witch's scent started leaking out of his every time he loops. In this scenario, he still doesn't know the curse and a way out because he simply lacks information.

Scenario #3 - Subaru chose to escape far away and hides forever never finding the truth on who or why he was summoned and the way to get back to his world. Also, broke Emilia/Puck/Roswaal/Ram/Rem/Beatrice's trust. Bad ending.

Scenario #4 - Subaru chose to escape and then look for information alone. Broke Emilia/Puck/Roswaal/Ram/Rem/Beatrice's trust. Loses the people who have access to top information regarding this world (i.e. Beatrice and her library). Emilia is also a potential king which means he lost a big opportunity to the largest hub of influence and information. He also lost the chance to dig out the truth on why he died in the first place (i.e. curse). All of these lost because he escaped.

Scenario #5 - Subaru chose NOT to escape but still don't know how he died several times and who killed him and Rem in the 4th loop. This time he decided to investigate the matter thoroughly but OPT OUT in saving Ram/Rem. He found out how everything exactly happened but lost the trust of everyone and deemed him as a spy. Lost his biggest information broker to return his world thus sealing his destiny in this world. Without Emilia/Roswaal/Betty's help, even if Subaru looked for a way by himself, it would be fruitless. This is because the clue to return his world is right in front of his face - people who destined to battle witches. And who knows how to return to his and remove the time loop curse better than the witches? Running away would be counter-productive. It's also likely that Betty is a witch. Gaining her trust is the wisest choice. But because he ran away and the spoiler below he got killed anyway.

Scenario #6 - premise is the same as scenario 5 except he chose to SAVE Ram/Rem. He find the truth and help them survive, gained their utmost trust and support. Relationship is improved to the highest level and gained an ENORMOUS backing you'll never find the opportunity in any other time or event. Eliminated the fact that he's a spy. He got closer to witches truth. Everybody happy right?

Edit: I almost forgot this one -
Scenario #7 - he chose to divulge the information about his ability to time loop. Extremely high chance to receive a true death. Definitely the dumbest choice.

Finding information alone is stupid enough. Not like he has a way of finding the truth or a way to return his world when your average slacking soldier is stronger than him. Even the thug trio can kill him. The best way to gather information is build relationship and trust to those who have knowledge regarding this world. Antagonizing the House of Roswaal and a potential King candidate is the dumbest thing you can ever do. Hell even Yagami Light, L Lawliet and Conan would choose sucking up to these people if they got thrown in this world instead.

And of all of you guys are like, OMG SUFFARU IS SO DUMB. PLOT HOLE! PLOT ARMOR! HE'S JUST YOUR TYPICAL WHITEKNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR! What a load of bullcraps. Even if I self-insert myself I would have done the same thing as Subaru. You even gain 3 lovely waifus. Fuck hell if they butchered me in the past loops. All that matter is that I'm alive right now, plus they don't have any idea what happened anyway. Heck you could even call Emilia - Emilia No. 5, because there's a possibility she's entirely a different Emilia in each time loop.

May 16, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2011
Well for now that's the only thing he can do to be honest. If by killing himself everyone can be saved, why not? xD
May 16, 2016 7:55 PM

Dec 2014
iRels said:
Just a small, but significant note: The author's obviously aware of what someone like you would think. (He knows it. He's a professional.) Yet he felt justifiable to create Beatrice... There's no flaw here... But ah, you can keep poking around... No harm.

More like he knew who the target audience was, and didn't think anything original was necessary to satisfy them.

The rest of your response was meaningless fan theories.
May 16, 2016 8:00 PM
Nov 2014
Snaita said:
Till now the only one who "tortured" him was Rem, the other was pretty much trying to kill him for revenge since he's indirectly responsible for her sister death. It's been stated multiple times that if anything happens in the mansion the primary suspect is Subaru cause nobody knows anything about him...
I don't understand why you think they don't deserve being saved, they clearly don't really want to kill him, if they wanted that they wouldn't show those expressions... they are probably compelled to do it. Who helds the hand of a person having nightmares if they are planning to kill that person?

I think you basically hit the nail on the head.
May 16, 2016 8:07 PM
Apr 2011
ahmadp said:
Snaita said:
Till now the only one who "tortured" him was Rem, the other was pretty much trying to kill him for revenge since he's indirectly responsible for her sister death. It's been stated multiple times that if anything happens in the mansion the primary suspect is Subaru cause nobody knows anything about him...
I don't understand why you think they don't deserve being saved, they clearly don't really want to kill him, if they wanted that they wouldn't show those expressions... they are probably compelled to do it. Who helds the hand of a person having nightmares if they are planning to kill that person?

I think you basically hit the nail on the head.

yeah, I think people immediately try to think in one perspective. In Rem/Ram's eyes, Subaru is a threat. It's like some suspicious person comes to live at your house and while he's there, people in your household start mysteriously dying... what are you going to think? And how can you really blame Ram / Rem for thinking the same way? The best route for Subaru is to just clear up this misunderstanding, which is what he's trying to do now.
May 16, 2016 8:16 PM

Nov 2012
SigOpram said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

Oh lol yeah except for the fact that the blue twin would go mad and kill him again, there's no guarantee he will be able to persuade her or earn her trust, because the dude has failed several times before in those recent saves.

Except, maybe if he is given a thick plot armor, will power and convenient plots then yeah, he will get through to save his harem and full fill our weaboo fantasy.

There's no guarantee? Of course there's none but it's not really about the "guarantee" but rather a "possibility" or an "opportunity". If you're so scared about the consequences of your action because you have no guarantee, then you'll never find the "right" path or the best ending.

Let me enlighten everyone who think Subaru is an idiot while in reality you really are the idiot:

Scenario #1 - Subaru died from the curse because he doesn't know how he died and truth behind it. He kept doing the same thing over and over and kept dying over and over. Worst outcome.

Scenario #2 - Subaru died from Ram/Rem/Roswaal perhaps even Betty in a worst case scenario because the witch's scent started leaking out of his every time he loops. In this scenario, he still doesn't know the curse and a way out because he simply lacks information.

Scenario #3 - Subaru chose to escape far away and hides forever never finding the truth on who or why he was summoned and the way to get back to his world. Also, broke Emilia/Puck/Roswaal/Ram/Rem/Beatrice's trust. Bad ending.

Scenario #4 - Subaru chose to escape and then look for information alone. Broke Emilia/Puck/Roswaal/Ram/Rem/Beatrice's trust. Loses the people who have access to top information regarding this world (i.e. Beatrice and her library). Emilia is also a potential king which means he lost a big opportunity to the largest hub of influence and information. He also lost the chance to dig out the truth on why he died in the first place (i.e. curse). All of these lost because he escaped.

Scenario #5 - Subaru chose NOT to escape but still don't know how he died several times and who killed him and Rem in the 4th loop. This time he decided to investigate the matter thoroughly but OPT OUT in saving Ram/Rem. He found out how everything exactly happened but lost the trust of everyone and deemed him as a spy. Lost his biggest information broker to return his world thus sealing his destiny in this world. Without Emilia/Roswaal/Betty's help, even if Subaru looked for a way by himself, it would be fruitless. This is because the clue to return his world is right in front of his face - people who destined to battle witches. And who knows how to return to his and remove the time loop curse better than the witches? Running away would be counter-productive. It's also likely that Betty is a witch. Gaining her trust is the wisest choice. But because he ran away and the spoiler below he got killed anyway.

Scenario #6 - premise is the same as scenario 5 except he chose to SAVE Ram/Rem. He find the truth and help them survive, gained their utmost trust and support. Relationship is improved to the highest level and gained an ENORMOUS backing you'll never find the opportunity in any other time or event. Eliminated the fact that he's a spy. He got closer to witches truth. Everybody happy right?

Edit: I almost forgot this one -
Scenario #7 - he chose to divulge the information about his ability to time loop. Extremely high chance to receive a true death. Definitely the dumbest choice.

Finding information alone is stupid enough. Not like he has a way of finding the truth or a way to return his world when your average slacking soldier is stronger than him. Even the thug trio can kill him. The best way to gather information is build relationship and trust to those who have knowledge regarding this world. Antagonizing the House of Roswaal and a potential King candidate is the dumbest thing you can ever do. Hell even Yagami Light, L Lawliet and Conan would choose sucking up to these people if they got thrown in this world instead.

And of all of you guys are like, OMG SUFFARU IS SO DUMB. PLOT HOLE! PLOT ARMOR! HE'S JUST YOUR TYPICAL WHITEKNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR! What a load of bullcraps. Even if I self-insert myself I would have done the same thing as Subaru. You even gain 3 lovely waifus. Fuck hell if they butchered me in the past loops. All that matter is that I'm alive right now, plus they don't have any idea what happened anyway. Heck you could even call Emilia - Emilia No. 5, because there's a possibility she's entirely a different Emilia in each time loop.

I'm not bothered by the events of the story like other people, like I said in my past post, but I'd much rather bet on running away over jumping off that cliff. Taking a chance on trying to find information by yourself seems better than offing yourself hoping for another chance. Your view that other plans are idiotic is because you have spoilers, but spoilers don't mean anything when it comes to what a smart or idiotic move is. If the writer had written the story in a way he'd get away with running away safely, and would die forever if he jumped off that cliff, then you wouldn't be saying running away is idiotic now would you?

I understand if you're a fan of something that you're annoyed if it gets undue criticism, or criticism at all, but you shouldn't channel your inner fanboy and become some defense squad that insults people because future plot apparently proves you're correct on what choices are the best to make. Notice you left out a scenario 8, where he stays dead after jumping off the cliff, or scenario 9 where he runs away and becomes educated enough in the world to either live a happy life or return to his world.
Jaywalker.
May 16, 2016 8:27 PM
Oct 2013
Epicenter said:

I'm not bothered by the events of the story like other people, like I said in my past post, but I'd much rather bet on running away over jumping off that cliff. Taking a chance on trying to find information by yourself seems better than offing yourself hoping for another chance. Your view that other plans are idiotic is because you have spoilers, but spoilers don't mean anything when it comes to what a smart or idiotic move is. If the writer had written the story in a way he'd get away with running away safely, and would die forever if he jumped off that cliff, then you wouldn't be saying running away is idiotic now would you?

I understand if you're a fan of something that you're annoyed if it gets undue criticism, or criticism at all, but you shouldn't channel your inner fanboy and become some defense squad that insults people because future plot apparently proves you're correct on what choices are the best to make. Notice you left out a scenario 8, where he stays dead after jumping off the cliff, or scenario 9 where he runs away and becomes educated enough in the world to either live a happy life or return to his world.

No no no no. The spoiler only works on that scenario.

I also know how to separate spoilers from non-spoilers and even adapt my reasoning with it. It's not really a hard thing after all I haven't even read LN and I just willingly got myself spoiled. Right now, I'm arguing WITHOUT any spoilers in mind and solely with what the anime had given us.

Fanboy? Really? I know how to separate my personal agenda to logical reasoning. That's all. If I think you're wrong, then I'll argue against your argument. Otherwise, you can see me either apologizing if I'm mistaken or agreeing if you're objectively right.

You really expect me to write ALL the possible scenarios and not miss anything? I could make a thesis out of it if I'm going to point out all possible actions and future events.

Oh yes, I would side with you obediently IF AND ONLY IF he would NOT revive after falling off the cliff. But facts prove otherwise. For once, we're only in episode 7. For twice, the LN would have ended prematurely if what you say really happened. No author in this world would have done your If-scenario unless it's the ending.

Lastly, in almost all literature, "escaping" always makes you safe but it doesn't solve anything and always not lead you to the Best Ending. Clearly, ReZero is one of those literature who strives for the best case scenario, am I right?
ExplodingGirlMay 16, 2016 8:39 PM
May 16, 2016 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
SuperKirei said:
iRels said:

More like he knew who the target audience was, and didn't think anything original was necessary to satisfy them.

The rest of your response was meaningless fan theories.

This is the point where we stop replying, right? I think.

No I don't think anything I said was meaningless. Putting it simple, it's the...'structure' of the setting. The setting is supposed to be believable, and as such, it needs to be well-structured... Things have to be connected, you know? Not inconsistent.

And Beatrice, she dresses like a princess, while living in a mansion (this alone could've been considered enough to justify her clothes - but not, it's her position in the mansion that does. There's an hierarchy there. Basically, she's not a servant/maid. She seems to be at Roswaal's level.). She might be extremely intelligent (being beyond human), as was shown when she had finished reading tens of books while Subaru struggled to read one.

She's some magical being. Yeah, the audience (like you) wants them to appear likeable. Thus she is. And it's all connected... So yeah.

What I don't accept is Elsa... It's what you referred to, about what the audience wants... Elsa is a despicable, piece of @*#&... SO, if she weren't gorgeous-looking, would there be any redeeming qualities left? Would people like her one bit if she had an ugly face? (Probably for her fighting prowess, only.) So it has to be done... We've to accept (unaccepting).
May 16, 2016 8:45 PM

Nov 2012
SigOpram said:
Epicenter said:

No no no no. The spoiler only works on that scenario.

I also know how to separate spoilers from non-spoilers and even adapt my reasoning with it. It's not really a hard thing after all I haven't even read LN and I just willingly got myself spoiled. Right now, I'm arguing WITHOUT any spoilers in mind and solely with what the anime had given us.

Fanboy? Really? I know how to separate my personal agenda to logical reasoning. That's all. If I think you're wrong, then I'll argue against your argument. Otherwise, you can see me either apologizing if I'm mistaken or agreeing if you're objectively right.

You really expect me to write ALL the possible scenarios and not miss anything? I could make a thesis out of it if I'm going to point out all possible actions and future events.

Oh yes, I would side with you obediently IF AND ONLY IF he would NOT revive after falling off the cliff. But facts prove otherwise. For once, we're only in episode 7. For twice, the LN would have ended prematurely if what you say really happened. No author in this world would have done your If-scenario unless it's the ending.

I think you aren't catching my drift. Him surviving jumping off the cliff because there are more episodes or the LN continues is not a logical defense as to why it's not stupid. That'd be like saying moving in front of a speeding truck was not stupid because the driver stopped and then gave the near suicidal person money because he was so impressed, that's not being smart it's being lucky.

The results don't decide if something is stupid or not, the logic behind making the move is what makes it stupid or not. I'm not even saying he was particularly stupid, because like I've said before on this thread he cares about Emelia and wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't try to help everyone to make things better, so for him jumping of that cliff and hoping for a reset was the smart choice-if he wants all of them to live that is, since Rem already died and the rest hated him-.
Jaywalker.
May 16, 2016 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
SigOpram said:

Lastly, in almost all literature, "escaping" always makes you safe but it doesn't solve anything and always not lead you to the Best Ending. Clearly, ReZero is one of those literature who strives for the best case scenario, am I right?

Sure, but that's if you look at it from the lens of literature. Subaru doesn't know he's in a literature, so that has nothing to do with if his moves are wise or not.
Jaywalker.
May 16, 2016 9:00 PM
Oct 2013
Epicenter said:

I think you aren't catching my drift. Him surviving jumping off the cliff because there are more episodes or the LN continues is not a logical defense as to why it's not stupid. That'd be like saying moving in front of a speeding truck was not stupid because the driver stopped and then gave the near suicidal person money because he was so impressed, that's not being smart it's being lucky.

The results don't decide if something is stupid or not, the logic behind making the move is what makes it stupid or not. I'm not even saying he was particularly stupid, because like I've said before on this thread he cares about Emelia and wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't try to help everyone to make things better, so for him jumping of that cliff and hoping for a reset was the smart choice-if he wants all of them to live that is, since Rem already died and the rest hated him-.

I do catch your drift. However, you involved the writer/author which is outside the context of the story and then argue that my argument should stick only to Subaru's perspective. That's not a logical offense at all.

True I agree with this paragraph. However, everything has an exception. There is a higher plane of reasoning than this line "The results don't decide if something is stupid or not, the logic behind making the move is what makes it stupid or not." I simply just want to remind so that you won't reach a "logical deadend". In any case, this is entirely unrelated to the topic so nevermind, forget about it.

Edit:
Epicenter said:

Sure, but that's if you look at it from the lens of literature. Subaru doesn't know he's in a literature, so that has nothing to do with if his moves are wise or not.

So you've argued an If-scenario outside the premise of the story but you would disagree if others do the same thing? And no, you missed the point and even connected to the wrong logical end.

So if Subaru knows he's inside a literature, then it got something to do with his moves being wise or not? You're not making any sense. Him being in a literature or not have ultimately got nothing to do with his moves being wise or not. That's not even what I argued in your quoted part.
ExplodingGirlMay 16, 2016 9:09 PM
May 16, 2016 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
One of the worst MC imho
May 16, 2016 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
@Epicenter

This outcome was undesired for him. And I don't think there's any reason for him not to believe that he'll get another chance... The black hand grabbed his heart, warning him about what could've happened if he had revealed the truth... Dying permanently. But it didn't kill him. There was too much happening, and not much time to consider... Still, wouldn't be hard to think that the person that brought him there (now that it was made sure that it wasn't by an accident...practically) wants him to do something...

Whether choosing to die was a smart choice? Not sure what does it matter... Because when he dies, he's not asked for consent; he's cornered and killed off. Killed off as a result of his mistakes. (He was already 'dead' when Rem died... He'd not be forgiven... It was hinted that the Jealous Witch is the one behind his resets... And was made known to him that she's somehow connected to the maids... That mansion is just...the place he should be; still mysteries to be uncovered.)

...I think he was being hopeful, thinking that the maids trusted him enough... Ah, all this mess is a result of his incompetence; he was just some shut-in gamer, that was brought to an unknown world--but not only, also got involved with important people from there... It's not something a...'below-average' (what he can be considered) person's capable of handling.

Eh, he's learning; it's being costly, but he is...
May 16, 2016 9:31 PM

Nov 2012
SigOpram said:
Epicenter said:

I do catch your drift. However, you involved the writer/author which is outside the context of the story and then argue that my argument should stick only to Subaru's perspective. That's not a logical offense at all.

True I agree with this paragraph. However, everything has an exception. There is a higher plane of reasoning than this line "The results don't decide if something is stupid or not, the logic behind making the move is what makes it stupid or not." I simply just want to remind so that you won't reach a "logical deadend". In any case, this is entirely unrelated to the topic so nevermind, forget about it.

Edit:
Epicenter said:

So you've argued an If-scenario outside the premise of the story but you would disagree if others do the same thing? And no, you missed the point and even connected to the wrong logical end.

So if Subaru knows he's inside a literature, then it got something to do with his moves being wise or not? You're not making any sense. Him being in a literature or not have ultimately got nothing to do with his moves being wise or not. That's not even what I argued in your quoted part.

The reason I mentioned the author was to negate your stuff like "the spoiler below he got killed anyway" and the fact none of your scenarios had an example where he simply escaped and had an end where he lives happy with other people or finds his own way home-which to me seemed connected, but in a later post you seem to indicate this was apparently mere happenstance that you didn't list a good scenario where he runs off or a bad one by jumping-, I was simply saying you can't say it's stupid to run away simply because the writer made it so running away fails when the author could simply write it so that running away succeeds.

I will say perhaps I shouldn't have called you a fanboy, but I only did so because you seemed to speak a bit too badly toned when you started saying things like "Let me enlighten everyone who think Subaru is an idiot while in reality you really are the idiot" and how finding information alone would be stupid-which it wouldn't necessarily be when compared to taking the chance of dying for good-.

Nice discussing with you.
Jaywalker.
May 16, 2016 9:34 PM
Oct 2013
@Epicenter

Same here. It's nice to have a change of pace in which you can really discuss your thoughts to another person. I understand your points and I won't argue anymore.
May 16, 2016 9:43 PM

Nov 2012
iRels said:
@Epicenter

This outcome was undesired for him. And I don't think there's any reason for him not to believe that he'll get another chance... The black hand grabbed his heart, warning him about what could've happened if he had revealed the truth... Dying permanently. But it didn't kill him. There was too much happening, and not much time to consider... Still, wouldn't be hard to think that the person that brought him there (now that it was made sure that it wasn't by an accident...practically) wants him to do something...

Whether choosing to die was a smart choice? Not sure what does it matter... Because when he dies, he's not asked for consent; he's cornered and killed off. Killed off as a result of his mistakes. (He was already 'dead' when Rem died... He'd not be forgiven... It was hinted that the Jealous Witch is the one behind his resets... And was made known to him that she's somehow connected to the maids... That mansion is just...the place he should be; still mysteries to be uncovered.)

...I think he was being hopeful, thinking that the maids trusted him enough... Ah, all this mess is a result of his incompetence; he was just some shut-in gamer, that was brought to an unknown world--but not only, also got involved with important people from there... It's not something a...'below-average' (what he can be considered) person's capable of handling.

What do you mean not asked for consent? When he jumped off the cliff that was his own choice. And when he was in the bed he stated he didn't die a fourth time in the capital so if he dies again this time he might not come back, why he assumes just because he reaches a checkpoint it means he resets the amount of times he can die is another thing entirely BTW. I don't get the logic of how he knows he'll have the same number of lives each time reaches a checkpoint, but w.e that's not important, clearly Subaru himself is VERY unsure he is immortal, yet he jumped anyway. I agree with you on the rest though.
Jaywalker.
May 16, 2016 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
If we think about it, Subaru's acting in such predictable ways... It's amazing.

He's so simple. It's quite clear that he's part of a plan. That he was brought with a purpose... That the mastermind wants him to succeed at something...

It was too much coincidence that he appeared near where Emilia got the insignia stolen... It was an important event...

Anyway!

... Oh, how I 'feel about Subaru's whiteknighting?' He wasn't trying to save them, but wants to get involved (to keep involved... which isn't possible while dead. So he's to deal with other stuff first)... It was all predicted; it was inevitable (is what I'm believing at the moment.)
May 16, 2016 10:14 PM

Jan 2016
If you don't understand why Subaru did that, then you need to rewatch the earlier episodes.

His absurd and ridiculous kindness is already emphasized in the earlier episodes and the latest episode just shows more of his unpredictable kindness. In fact, I don't think he did that out of his own kindness. Sure, the emotional drive that makes Subaru jumped off the cliff was a bit sudden but don't you think the reason behind the jump is more than that?

Maybe he feels responsible? Maybe he has a mentality of a gamer who will try anything to achieve the best outcome and he was chosen to have the time leap ability because of that? Maybe he knew that he will be killed eventually if no one is saved in the mansion?

We'll just have to wait and see. It's only 7/25 episodes so far.
EricMay 16, 2016 10:26 PM
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

May 16, 2016 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
[quote=Epicenter message=46058410]
iRels said:
@Epicenter

What do you mean not asked for consent?When he jumped off the cliff that was his own choice.

That he's not given a choice. That he's killed as a result of too many screw-ups. Actually, being there is already a mistake... But he keeps contributing to this, by appearing even more suspicious, when what he should've been doing is the opposite. But he's a simpleton: he's unaware of what goes with people in power (much less in a fantasy world, which goes against his beliefs). He just thought that they'd accept him as he is... (like ordinary people in his world would - because really, do we believe that what happens to him happens to us in our world? Not that I see. Meaning that he was still adapting... But I remember he saying that 'there might be a police force or something in this world'... Even though he doubted that, he still...acted so carefree! Oh man, his naivety... He still doesn't feels intimidated/impressed by his surroundings... Dude, you are in a mansion. You're dealing with important people... Yet you bathe with them, and doesn't even bother to show respect to them... You believe that you're one of them! What. The. Hell. XD) but no.

And when he was in the bed he stated he didn't die a fourth time in the capital so if he dies again this time he might not come back, why he assumes just because he reaches a checkpoint it means he resets the amount of times he can die is another thing entirely BTW.

Yeah, not sure why he believes that... Because he's fearful? A little paranoid... He was killed so many times, that he must be growing fear whether he wants or not. Even someone as dense as he is, has to acknowledge the danger around him... Maybe he's also realizing that he's not a 'chosen one' - a 'hero of the story' or something... That he's not privileged (in the way he'd want to be). This being the case, means yeah, that the situations are more serious than he thought... This is really what I think he thinks of himself... Explains all his behavior. I magine that the world will fall on his head when he start believing otherwise... That amount of seriousness that is coming isn't something someone like him is prepared to deal with...

I don't get the logic of how he knows he'll have the same number of lives each time reaches a checkpoint, but w.e that's not important, clearly Subaru himself is VERY unsure he is immortal, yet he jumped anyway. I agree with you on the rest though.

Yeah, just like what I said above... And he kind of loves them; he seems to want to be loved. He also appears to be faithful/hopeful by nature. He made outstanding effort to keep believing in the good nature of the maids. There's also when he planned to meet the assassin outside the mansion... He was all: 'This'll work'... SURE. You're gonna meet a supposed, professional assassin and survive... Well, quite thoughtful of him to tie himself to that rope and such... Still wouldn't even make you arrow-proof...

So ingenuous, when I think about it... *Laughs*
May 16, 2016 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Eric said:
If you don't understand why Subaru did that, then you need to rewatch the earlier episodes.

His absurd and ridiculous kindness is already emphasized in the earlier episodes and the latest episode just shows more of his unpredictable kindness. In fact, I don't think he did that out of his own kindness. Sure, the emotional drive that makes Subaru jumped off the cliff was a bit sudden but don't you think the reason behind the jump is more than that?

Maybe he feels responsible? Maybe he has a mentality of a gamer who will try anything to achieve the best outcome and he was chosen to have the time leap ability because of that? Maybe he knew that he will be killed eventually if no one is saved in the mansion?

We'll just have to wait and see. It's only 7/25 episodes so far.

I think that he thinks that believing in them means believing in this...'better life'. (A life that he want to succeed on.) In episode Zero it was made quite clear that he wasn't pleased with the way things were. (Guess what? He was just too spoiled.) So yeah, think it's safe for us to believe that in no way he wants to start believing that this new life is even worse than the one (he thought) he had before... Naturally, one would want to be hopeful... He's learning that the good stuff doesn't comes cheap; he'll have to work hard for it.
May 17, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2015
The only Subaru I ever liked was my Uncle's WRX STI.

What were we talking about again?
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

255 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Today, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1726 by Ghxsty4300 »»
Today, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

818 by bubba460z »»
Jun 13, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

528 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

716 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 2:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.