Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2015 4:38 PM

Sep 2010
This was so good, up until they made her choose between Ren and being human.
Shitty way to easily tie up the plot with out having to think of something creative.

Why do they have to leave? Why can't they visit eachother? What rules are stopping them from going between worlds, even though they can easily travel between them? if she has half Devil blood, why doesn't she have any special powers like Lindo? Given no explanation for any of that, a lot of romance build up for a mediocre and poorly thought out ending.

I'm going to assume there will be a second season where they get back together, but the way this one ended was pretty lame. Overall a 7.5/10. Enjoyable but too many plot holes.
Dec 26, 2015 6:42 PM
Sep 2014
This was pretty bad....but, I would watch a second season...needs more Shiki doh....there was alot of blood, dust, and fire smdh...last, .in 615yrs, she'll be dead Rem....
Dec 26, 2015 11:05 PM

Jun 2014
ugh screw off with that.

okay but whatever-- 6/10 show. gave me some good laughs, wasn't completely dull, and ritsuka wasn't the worst out of reverse harem leads. but srsly.

i can't get over it. rem is like so distant and i personally felt nothing to build up to them saying i love you and crap at the end. but whatever i guess. i made my peace with it and then she didn't even go with him and that made me mad. probably a good choice but still!!!

whatever. it gave me a few good chuckles. will never forget those dogs singing. 6/10
Dec 27, 2015 1:38 AM

Jul 2011
afaptoremember said:
will never forget those dogs singing. 6/10

After putting up with 12 episodes the main couple gets separated in the end.
I'd be willing to put up with S2 if they get a happy ending...
Dec 27, 2015 2:36 AM

Aug 2012
she actually chose someone?? she actually admits she loves one of the guys?? a kiss???? this never happens in otome anime adaptions.
yeah the ending wasn't all that great but I still appreciate the fact that ritsuka realizes she likes rem
Dec 27, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2014
This was a really great episode.
A second season would be nice, but not necessary.
All them bishounen were great, but tsundere Rem is best boi!
Dec 27, 2015 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
lmfao wtf? since when did she start to have feelings for him? smh that was so random "I love you, too!" no way

hope s2 happens!

anyway, final thoughts: i liked it for the guys, the catchy music and the art.. cAN WE TALK ABOUT THE ART PLEASE. like everyone looks 10/10, even the characters i don't care for like urie. there were two musical anime this season and this one wasn't even about idols/music but the MUSIC WAS SO CATCHY AND NICE. everyone had really good songs. this ep had a really good song! i love it!! ritsuka's seiyuu is actually so good. and saito souma (rem's) and hatano wataru (lindo's)

the flaw is that there's only 12 eps and it felt kind of rushed when the main plot started developing. they first had character-themed eps and then unraveled which was an okay decision except the main story needed way more time.

regardless, i'll give this a solid 7 and i'll rewatch in the future for sure!

poor lindo got brotherzoned :'( i'd pick him tho, if i was her
Dec 28, 2015 2:03 AM

Jul 2009
It would be a new thing if she had chosen Lindo...we all knew she would be with Rem, even if in the end she decided to live in human world... 6/10
Dec 29, 2015 12:06 AM

Mar 2013
I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't stop laughing when they started singing those random songs in every episode. Literally.
I pretty much skipped the songs, lol. That's why it's hard for me to get through any type of anime with idols in it.
Dec 31, 2015 4:09 AM

Dec 2013
The last scene with Rem was so sad :'(
Anyway, i only watched this anime because of Rem..Ritsuka is so damn annoying,like who the hell would prefer a normal boring life with her ''brother'' who have feelings for her OVER going with the man u love to the devil's world O.O
Jan 1, 2016 11:09 AM

May 2014
I think it's was obvious that Rika would choose Rindo over Rem. I mean ofc she wanted to be with her family/friends. But I think the death of the vampire king were a bit lame. And it was weird that she lost griemore after defeating the vampire king. But it were a bit obvious since it had to end and it wouldn't end if that happened. ^^

Anyways, overall I think it had great OST and OP/ED were good too. The animation were ok, but the plot weren't that good. Overall a 6/10 is what I think it deserves.
Jan 6, 2016 5:29 PM
Dec 2014
TragicRomance said:
Wow, this episode was filled with gore, unexpected.

Tbh Azuna x Ritsuka best pairing, Azuna left her dagger there in her heart just so she could kill the Grimoire, that's tragic but beautiful. Ritsuka broke the cliche thanks to that. Rem is boring, Lindo loses control over himself sometimes (still best boy route imo) and others don't have much a chance.

YUSSSSS. Azuna VN route plz.
Jan 7, 2016 6:35 PM
Aug 2015
I loved this anime so much!!!
All the way up until she killed the vampire king and semi-fainted, because WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?
I knew she was gonna end up picking Rem, but I hoped more than anything that they wouldn't go that predictable ass route! 😡 I wanted her to pick Lindo more than anything!
WHO THE FUCK TAKES ONE LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL RED HAIRED MAN AND EVERYTHING HE'S DONE, AND STILL CHOOSES THE OTHER GUY?!?!!??
I'm so pissed right now 😡😡😡😡😡
Somebody point me to the writers cuz I have a serious ass whooping to give 'em!
Jan 7, 2016 6:39 PM
Aug 2015
ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU GO THE OBVIOUS ROUTE AND THEY STILL DON'T END UP TOGETHER?!?!!
There better be a second season to this shit where she ends up choosing Lindo 😤😤😤
Otherwise, drag me in there somehow because I sure as hell want him
This ending was bullshit
Jan 9, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2013
It was okay. A lot better than Diabolik Lovers though (imo). I like how the devils all went back so it's not like a super happy ending. This way it was more realistic in a supernatural world. I still like Lindo better :3

The ending with Maskis's welcome might indicate a season two in the near future?
Jan 15, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2008
123ANIMEfun said:
It was okay. A lot better than Diabolik Lovers though (imo). I like how the devils all went back so it's not like a super happy ending. This way it was more realistic in a supernatural world. I still like Lindo better :3

The ending with Maskis's welcome might indicate a season two in the near future?

Yeah it was way better than Diaolik Lovers plot wise.

I was actually quite surprised by the last episode. Main heroine was actually very responsible characeter at the very end (!). Are we still talking about person who was escaping home when people told her to stay there to be safe?
Feb 14, 2016 1:04 AM

Jun 2013
Azuna best bff award. I was hoping for the ending credits to show that they'll meet again but I guess not. :(
There better be a second season in the future since the ending is hinting something about the grimoire.
Mar 20, 2016 12:33 PM
Jun 2014
Couldn't Rem just stay? 4/10

Apr 17, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed it but I wish the songs were better.
May 8, 2016 12:25 PM

Apr 2011
The ending was quite sad, but I'm kind of happy too 'cause she chose to stay in the human world.

I'll give it 7.5 technically 8/10

May 27, 2016 11:16 PM

Mar 2015
In the end it's like she chose both. She chose to stay with Lindo but told Rem she loved him. So in the end it was quite a bittersweet ending.
Jul 14, 2016 10:34 PM

Nov 2009
I like the ending. Of course she will choose her family over lover. Maybe in game this ending is what we call as neutral ending?

Poor Lindo though. He deserves a better girl, like Azuna, but she's dead. sigh
Jul 19, 2016 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
Spoiler Warning for the Dragon's Dogma main storyline conclusion (I love the similarities here!) -
Aug 12, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2016
The ending screamed the word 'sequel' so out loud, that it hurt my very soul!
I was never shipping any of the pairings, so that's all and good, but for the F sake... why not take the power, once offered?! Makes... no... sence!!!
And the song... can't really remember - boring as hell!
Overall... lazy and unimaginative ending, for a lazy and predictable story.
Blah!
"Watching a bad anime, is like watching your cat die - it's sad, it's painful, and it's never over too quickly." - Pahatar
Aug 26, 2016 12:46 AM
Jun 2016
I ENJOYED THE SAPPY ENDING HAHA!!!!

But yeah it makes sense for Ritsuka to go with Rem (Even though i love Rindo to bits- RINDO'S THE REAL MVP)

I actually started enjoying the musical segments by the time I reached the end.

Overall this was enjoyable like i'd rate it a 6.5?
Jun 22, 2017 10:29 AM

Dec 2016
Nice ending :) Really like the outcome in this episode ^^
In my opinion, Dance with Devils was better than Diabolic Lovers :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 12, 2017 3:08 PM
Nov 19, 2017 7:05 PM

May 2013
This series was pretty bad, lol. Ritsuka seemed to be a good heroine in the beginning but then she became a bimbo like the majority of reverse harem heroines. Kept getting baited and made the same mistakes over and over. Gullible af =___='

There were serious moments and then they broke out into a song which ruined the mood several times. The songs were pretty good imo, but just made it kinda awks with its placement, although I do give credit where it's due in that this anime being a musical despite not being a music themed anime is really unique.

Animation was nice. The ending was fine. I prefer that she stayed with Rem in the human world, but he had to go back for some reason... dunno why??? But okay. At least they gave us a kiss at the end so it didn't end as frustrating as it could've been.

3/10
Jan 18, 2018 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Hope the main character might have some character, instead she reminded me those YA protagonists. Also, I can't take those musical cues seriously. It's so out of place.
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM
Mar 2023
I would've loved it if she'd gone with Rem, but nope. Chose high school instead. Meh.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Slitchka »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2015

80 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:57 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2015

120 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.