Forum Settings
Forums

Supposedly great anime that you will never watch+reasons.

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2015
Hunter x hunter, why would I watch a show that has no ending and probably never will, also the fans are really obnoxious, or at least the ones I've had the misfortune of speaking with
Nov 7, 2015 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
Kuma said:
crayon shinchan and kochikame.

NO SUBS!
keragamming said:
The people that are saying hxh 2011 because it doesn't have a ending, because of Togashi laziness. I will like to point out that the anime has a pretty conclusive ending, that will make you satisfied. No clifhanger or anything like that.
has conclusive ending about certain arc =/= conclusive ending about the whole plot.

Actually, it works perfectly as an ending to the series. Togashi just decided to troll his fanbase by starting a new arc and going on another hiatus.
Nov 7, 2015 8:21 AM

Mar 2015
yhunata said:
Kuma said:

NO SUBS!
has conclusive ending about certain arc =/= conclusive ending about the whole plot.
Actually, it works perfectly as an ending to the series. Togashi just decided to troll his fanbase by starting a new arc and going on another hiatus.
then why people keep bicthing about continue it?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 7, 2015 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
Clannad + After Story - dislike the art and all the pushing to be sad
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - same as clannad but full of tropes, predictability and bad characters
Mushishi - don't really like episodic stuff too much
Natsume Yuujinchou - same as above
Long running shows - don't want to spend time to get into them
The truth is best told straight.
Nov 7, 2015 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
Kuma said:

NO SUBS!

Spanish subs are out there for Kochikame so if you can read spanish try it.
Burger-Meister said:
I know I say this in every "anime you'll never watch" thread out there, but I will repeat myself because I heard its sequel is one of the best ecchi/harem anime out there.

That being To Love-Ru. I hear Darkness is really good, but I don't want to sit through 52 episodes of schlock just to get to the main plot. And I'm pretty sure you have to watch the originals so you can understand the characters. (Unless somehow you don't, any To Love Ru fans on this forum, want to help me on this?)

The main plot of darkness is same as clothes of girls in Darkness OVAs, pretty much non-existent. Darkness is better not because story suddenly become a masterpiece, it is considered better because it is now more lewd and harem is bigger and this show pretty much knows what it is, ecchi harem and doesn't pretend to be much more.
Try it if you like watching ecchi, if not then don't.
Nov 7, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2015
Naruto I tired twice can't get into it its just all over the place and has more fillers than prison meatloaf.
Nov 7, 2015 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
I'm reluctant to watch many very popular action and mecha shows,
I've never tried but something tells me they're not my thing at all.

Edit: except some really cool stuff like FLCL..
Nov 7, 2015 8:41 AM

Jul 2015
Gintama is the first show that comes to mind for me... i tried the first couple episodes and wasn't able to latch on, combine that with how many episodes it is... i decided to drop it...

but i wouldnt be surprised if at some point i give it a run... a day that i'm in the mood to binge watch something for a day...

becuz admittedly, only watching 2 episodes isnt giving it a fair shake...
Nov 7, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2015
Inferno_Cop said:
Kuma said:

NO SUBS!
Spanish subs are out there for Kochikame so if you can read spanish try it.
so there is already a complete raws for it? so i can wait someono subbed to english.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 7, 2015 8:43 AM
Sep 2015
LOGH hate the art
Nov 7, 2015 9:01 AM

Oct 2013
rabbitlord said:
LOGH hate the art

2005+ Birth spotted
Nov 7, 2015 9:15 AM

Sep 2015
All very olds anime.I prefer to wait for a possible remake.
Nov 7, 2015 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
lijoge said:
Gintama is the first show that comes to mind for me... i tried the first couple episodes and wasn't able to latch on, combine that with how many episodes it is... i decided to drop it...

but i wouldnt be surprised if at some point i give it a run... a day that i'm in the mood to binge watch something for a day...

that looks like a fantastic show. i would be watching if it wasn't so long.
-----
cowboy bebop. looks boring. and the evangelion series for the same reason, plus isn't there yaoi or something like that in there?

Jklmn said:
All very olds anime.I prefer to wait for a possible remake.

this as well. i hardly watch anything below the mid-2000s.
TomDayNov 7, 2015 9:30 AM
Nov 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
Clannad, Ano Hana, Shigatsu... I just cant stand too much drama and kids crying all over the place.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 7, 2015 9:30 AM
Jan 2013
Code Geass

Lots of my budds recommends me that and maybe that's the reason why I don't want to see it, just to piss em off.
gone bai bai
Nov 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
TomDay said:
lijoge said:

that looks like a fantastic show. i would be watching if it wasn't so long.

you're probably right...
Nov 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Sep 2014
geralt said:
Clannad, Ano Hana, Shigatsu... I just cant stand too much drama and kids crying all over the place.

In Clannad After Story they are adults
Nov 7, 2015 9:36 AM

Aug 2014
Berserk - heard that its ending is not satisfying and you have to read the manga and i don't read manga so... also i would prefer it to be a TV Show because it has medieval setting maybe it will be similar to Game of Thrones .
Nov 7, 2015 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
geralt said:

clannad is a mediocre series. its fanbase is one of the worst since it's based off of nothing but sentimentality. the music in there will stay with you forever, however. be it catchy (as in can't forget the song no matter what, like "let it go"), or just wonderful depending on who you are.

Mkim said:
Code Geass

Lots of my budds recommends me that and maybe that's the reason why I don't want to see it, just to piss em off.

that looks boring as well. oh yes and SnK due to the HORRIBLE fanbase, and i won't look at FMA2 since it will be the end of a beautiful franchise to me. oh and death note, no particular reason, but i heard only S1 was good.

S1 tokyo ghoul due to violence, and the monstrous sequels everyone complains about.

for all of you HXH non-watchers, the only reason not to watch is because it HAS an ending. i had to drop it in the 50s because i was going so fast through it. the music in there is worth it as well. watch iiiiit.

Klassical said:
Berserk - heard that its ending is not satisfying and you have to read the manga and i don't read manga so... also i would prefer it to be a TV Show because it has medieval setting maybe it will be similar to Game of Thrones .

i saw a review of the ending of that show. laughable how it ends.
TomDayNov 7, 2015 9:48 AM
Nov 7, 2015 9:47 AM
Jun 2013
Gintama

I downloaded it 5 times deleted it 5 times and couldn't get pass episode 25 .
To me , This series is shit and waste of time .
No Offences .
Nov 7, 2015 9:58 AM

Feb 2015
ashishkaull said:
Gintama

I downloaded it 5 times deleted it 5 times and couldn't get pass episode 25 .
To me , This series is shit and waste of time .
No Offences .

lol who'd be offended over people's opinions? if you tried to state it as fact maybe that could be understandable bit i don't see why or how a person should get offended...
-----
stiens gate technically counts. i had no idea so many people praised it until i finished it. i found an ad of it in an otaku usa magazine i have and decided to look at it, but everyone's praise of it afterwards put me off for an odd reason even though i'd seen it already ._.

5 centimeters counts as a technical as well. i put it off for years and finally saw it last month. should have kept putting it off.

deadman wonderland
mirai nikki
that anime with the redhaired violent girl who was a test experiment
one piece (too long, but great show from what i have seen.)
fate stay. never found an interest in it but it looks good.
Nov 7, 2015 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
Hrybami said:
geralt said:

Just in physical way, not mentally.
Nov 7, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
LOGH, too many episodes, I can't marathoned it due to tight schedule of my college life
Nov 7, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
Inferno_Cop said:
Hrybami said:

THIS. IS GOLD AND TRUTH.
Nov 7, 2015 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
TomDay said:
lol who'd be offended over people's opinions?

You'd be surprised, unfortunately
Nov 7, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 2014
Inferno_Cop said:
Hrybami said:

lol that is actually true
Nov 7, 2015 10:13 AM

Sep 2012
JoJo - Looks gay. I don't want a bunch of manly men with huge muscles in my anime

Hunter x Hunter - The main character looks stupid
Nov 7, 2015 10:15 AM

Jul 2015
FlamingMangos said:
JoJo - Looks gay. I don't want a bunch of manly men with huge muscles in my anime

Ah snap I totally forget about Jojo. Not for the reasons you said, but yeah I'll be skipping that one. Just looks reeeaaally dumb...
Nov 7, 2015 10:18 AM

Oct 2014
Mystifire said:
FlamingMangos said:

Ah snap I totally forget about Jojo. Not for the reasons you said, but yeah I'll be skipping that one. Just looks reeeaaally dumb...

it is dumb and it is selfaware of its stupidity that is why it is fun
Nov 7, 2015 10:26 AM

Jul 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Mystifire said:

it is dumb and it is selfaware of its stupidity that is why it is fun

And generally I love that sort of material, but I'm also not very into the whole "GAR" thing or what have you. It's one I could be convinced to give a shot someday, but I've seen enough about it to know it's not my cup of tea...
Nov 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
Inferno_Cop said:
Hrybami said:

Not even physically
All the girls are still bug eyed lolis when they grow up
Tomoya looks the same age throughout, just different clothes
Nov 7, 2015 10:35 AM

Sep 2015
One Piece: Is too long and simply not my type.
Naruto: Too long+ I already know a lot about the story ( Spoilers are everywhere).

And for those people who refuse to watch a sertain series because of it's fanbase : Like seriously?!
Nov 7, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2012
DejWo said:
Free! is supposedly deep social commentary while also dealing with existentialism and nihilism.

Yet,I am not really drawn to it.

Its not supposed to be super deep. It's about the emotions and team building.
Nov 7, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
AhmedJafar1 said:
And for those people who refuse to watch a sertain series because of it's fanbase : Like seriously?!

I can sympathize with that. It's what kept me from getting into Doctor Who for the longest time. I still think it's fandom is hot garbage but the show itself is good.
Nov 7, 2015 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
Mystifire said:
AhmedJafar1 said:

I can sympathize with that. It's what kept me from getting into Doctor Who for the longest time. I still think it's fandom is hot garbage but the show itself is good.
Me with My Little Pony tbh
Nov 7, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
mayukachan said:
Mystifire said:

Me with My Little Pony tbh

Oh gosh yeah. I used to be part of that fandom until it turned to absolute horse shit (pun very intended). Still love the show but steering clear of them from now on.
Nov 7, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
Inferno_Cop said:

Not even physically
All the girls are still bug eyed lolis when they grow up
Tomoya looks the same age throughout, just different clothes

Loli? In clannad? Where?
Nov 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Mar 2015
AhmedJafar1 said:
i would like to reqoute someone which is ironicaly pretty accurate reasons for many people. not for me thou.
Kuma said:
AltoRoark99 said:
If it panders to retards, then you get a retard fanbase.
shots fired.
Nov 7, 2015 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
I was gonna watch Gundam Unicorn because I was interested in it and looked like something I'd really enjoy with great production values....

Until I realized that the entire UC timeline is pretty much shit and I don't want to sit through so much shit just so I can fully enjoy Unicorn. And I'm definitely not gonna jump straight to it, because I don't like skipping stuff(unless pointless filler or recaps) and miss out on anything as well.
Nov 7, 2015 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
Okashi said:
I was gonna watch Gundam Unicorn because I was interested in it and looked like something I'd really enjoy with great production values....

Until I realized that the entire UC timeline is pretty much shit and I don't want to sit through so much shit just so I can fully enjoy Unicorn. And I'm definitely not gonna jump straight to it, because I don't like skipping stuff(unless pointless filler or recaps) and miss out on anything as well.

Ain't no way I'm gonna watch almost 100 episodes of that outdated mediocrity just for the sake of looking at 7 possibly good episodes of content.
Nov 7, 2015 11:10 AM
Oct 2015
I just can't get past the art in One Piece. I'm sorry, as good as it probably is I doubt I'll ever watch it.
Nov 7, 2015 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
If I have time I'll eventually get to all suggestions
Nov 7, 2015 11:12 AM

Jun 2007
I will probably never watch one piece, too many episodes to go through :)

Anime and Manga rules!!
Nov 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
None. If I hear an anime is good (from a person whose taste I trust), I'm always interested in watching it one day or another.

And from the people I don't trust... Well, my friend recommended me Shiki last month... Looks like something wannabe-dark and the guy on the poster looks like a bishounen. So, yeah, I'll pass on this one.
drgfl11Nov 7, 2015 11:19 AM
What a beautiful Duwang.
Nov 7, 2015 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
Imaishi said:
hunter x hunter because it's long as fuck and has cancerous fanbase, and I don't relaly feel like watching battle shonen anymore

Change hxh to SAO, and there is my answer :D
Nov 7, 2015 11:31 AM

Mar 2015
Imaishi said:
hunter x hunter because it's long as fuck and has cancerous fanbase, and I don't relaly feel like watching battle shonen anymore

Who cares about fan bases? Lol Just watch it if you feel like it.
Gintama
Nov 7, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Yamafam94 said:
Dragon Ball Z

I'll stick to One Punch man thanks
That one gets to the point when it comes to action.

shots fired T_T.

Also: Will never watch LotgH. Why? Because at this point i know, i will never ever enjoy anime again.
Nov 7, 2015 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
Death Note

I actually liked the first few episodes .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 7, 2015 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
gintama
Nice reasoning there!

I'll never watch Boku no Pico because... well, I'm not into that kind of stuff.

I'm going to watch all dem great anime.
Nov 7, 2015 11:35 AM

May 2015
KendiKong said:
One Piece way too long

That's not a good enough reason lol. Back when the big 4 were still hugely popular I watched half an episode of one piece and didn't touch it again for almost
This is the way the world ends, Not with a bang but a whimper. ~TS Eliot

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best girl from Ecchi anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

12 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - May 27

34 by jellylo »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Is reviving characters poor writing?

rohan121 - May 29

46 by DarkShame2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

96 by Anjuro »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - 6 hours ago

20 by UberBat »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.