Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 23, 2016 9:31 PM

May 2013
Zayummmm, Law D: that sucks. Hopefully he can sew it back on or something :(
Oct 25, 2016 10:55 AM

Nov 2012
Only 38 episode left in this arc aka
fucking Toei and their shit pacing.
Mar 5, 2017 2:15 AM

Mar 2012
I'm sure Law can just operate his arm back but dam that's gotta hurt like hell >_>
May 9, 2017 10:13 AM

May 2014
I want someone to kill Trebol, oh my god he is so annoying.
Seriously, Doffy's executives have ranged from really likable (Baby 5, Rosinante, Sugar) to so annoying they make me want to tear my hair and shove it in my ears to block out their voices (Pica, Trebol, Diamante, Dellinger, Lao G).

We've had some feelsy episodes lately, so it was a nice change of pace to have some action this episode!
WTF THO- LAW'S ARM!!! IT'S...GONE.
SURELY HE CAN RE-ATTACH IT WITH HIS DF PLZ DO NOT BE ARMLESS ;-;

Meanwhile, Bellamy is still suffering and wants to die. It's horrible to see someone once so aggressive and full of pride in tears, literally begging to be killed. Poor guy believes he has nothing left- he deserted everything to follow his "hero"- his ambitions, his crew and finally his pride. Damn.

Honestly, One Piece has been on a roll since Law and Luffy made it to Doffy!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2017 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
This episode focused on three fights: Doffy Vs. Law- lots of feels, talked about D, Law lost his right arm!
Pico Vs. Zoro- Just getting started!, Zorro gets helped out by a Colosseum fighter that literally bowled the soldiers x'D
Fake Mingo Vs. Luffy: Doffy Double got destroyed!!
Can't wait for Luffy vs. Doffy!!!
Feb 8, 2020 10:22 PM
Jan 2020
Luffys always busy with random shit at important parts. either stuck in between walls or taking his sweet time fighting a clone.
Feb 27, 2020 2:34 AM

Jun 2016
As I was watching the recap and heard Doflamingo once more speak about how the Will of the D. is superstition, it made me reflect on something he said back in Green Bit. “Just like a big magic show.. The secret to the trick is hidden somewhere quite simple. ‘It could never be so simple’. That fixed misconception presents the perfect blindspot”. Further if I recall, seeing that I used the manga translation here, the anime used the term “ridiculous”. Perhaps, just as it’s shocking that Doflamingo has the background he does and the power to manipulate the world, that the will of the D. is real. For, as simple the answer and as ridiculous as the rationale for believing that is, in Doffy’s own words, it is the perfect blindspot.

Law and Doflamingo had some more confrontation here. There was some sadness to the situation as Doflamingo was using his own brothers futile death to hurt Law when in most circumstances that fact should hurt Doflamingo more than anyone. But he gave a line that expressed why he’s able to do that I suppose. He said that “the weaker a person is, the more they get hung up on other people’s pain and they self destruct”. I can only imagine this is a truth he learned when he was young, the fact that, while he clearly values having a family, he feels he has to look out for himself above all else. Perhaps it was a truth learned from observing his very own father. Either way, that mixed in with the idea that humans are innately cruel and evil would make compassion feel like a joke. It’s why his love may be seen as conditional without question, he’s able to look after his family but we’ve seen how he can let them go. He eventually did the incredibly cool sky dropping string saw by gripping Law’s arms, placing a sharp wire on his shoulder, and spinning to the ground, dismembering him. It reminded me of when Tien broke a certain knocked out character's leg in Dragon Ball. Afterwards, he took some joy in seeing Law suffer, something that I imagine was the plan for Vergo’s operation. And finally, most intriguing for me, Doflamingo touched on the gun, the gun I had been questioning since he first used it on Law. Back then I had thought it was a sign of respect to use a golden gun on a family member. This doesn’t seem wholly wrong as we’ve seen he used it to kill his biological family and now he will use it on Law, only reinforcing that the two families he’s had one in the same to him. But the way he phrased it was interesting. He’s following tradition, that execution should be done with lead bullets, and the fact that he would forgive Law with his own death. Definitely something to read into.

But as my eyes were watering up, Luffy after seeing more of the same, decimated the fake Mingo prompting me to, as well, gatling just as long as he did in real life, comboing him hard. Truthfully, I’ve stopped caring about One Piece logic as if I tried to understand why Doflamingo’s puppets and those controlled by him seem to have a mind of their own without his puppeteering, my brain may explode. And if I focused on that, I would miss out on what mattered! The hot blooded emotion of Luffy shattering into the scene, enraged as ever, and wanting to kick this damn Mingo’s ass!!!

The other scene was one of Zoro and Pica. At first I thought we were getting more of the same, but Orlumbus showed up and did his gag which I am a fan of. His booming voice and intimidating aura scaring Doflamingo goons into following his orders like a military leader. It’s definitely charming and he let Zoro continue to deal with Pica, Pica who then proceeded to do an incredibly stupid laugh that made Zoro mad it was so shocking, and one darn cool Zoro moment. As much as I adore Pica’s power in it’s creepiness like that monstrous face on the plateau, Zoro’s smile as he told him he looked forward to cutting him in half was delightful. With Luffy against the real Mingo and Trebol, that is if he doesn’t make another puppet or something, makes me think we may be getting to some real progress!
Mar 26, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2016
You'd think there would be way more blood spilling out of Law's arm after that...

Also, has Law always had "Corazon" on the back of his coat? I never noticed before, weird.
May 25, 2021 2:57 AM

May 2016
The first time I've heard Pica's laugh was in a compilation video that I had watched way back when I still haven't gotten to the Thriller Bark Arc and it's rather pleasant that I actually got this far~

I'm glad that Luffy finally took care of String Doffy since it was rather annoying to see him stop his attacks whenever Bellamy ended up getting in the way. He probably should've shown up before Law got his own arm cut off, though.

Aug 13, 2021 8:53 AM

Jun 2019
Just looking at that severed arm makes me uncomfortable. Poor Law.
Jul 18, 2022 4:44 PM

Jan 2021
Law should be able to reattach his arm using his power so no problem
Jun 30, 2023 12:49 PM
Jun 2022
ZAWGGGG BRUHHH WTFF HIS ARM
Jul 5, 2023 12:59 AM
Jan 2017
Ain't no wayyyy, he cut that shit off and it wasnt with the room fruit powers ;-;
Aug 26, 2023 7:37 PM
Oct 2019
Yeahh misleading title.
I thought Luffy gonna fight the real Doflamingo this episode.

Ne! Ne!
shut the fck up Trebol.

I hope Law can Room his arm back together? right?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 890 Discussion

blank - Jun 22, 2019

49 by FedeMetal »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

178 by DIOR_DRAGONX »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1093 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 10

95 by nickehhhhhh »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1092 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 27

59 by nickehhhhhh »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

42 by Sun_Chan »»
Today, 12:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.