Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 4, 2015 2:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Darklight0303 said:
And Akame just forgets her initial goal to take Wave's Teigu in order to setup a confrontation. Is the author even trying at this point? forgetting plot elements he put up in the first place

Indeed. At some point I feel the mangaka completely lost his inspiration writing this story. It's a shame because it was pretty decent in the beginning when the first translations came out. But the last 20 chapters or so have been downhill.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 2015 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
I'm confused, I thought that if two or plus Teigu ever got into a fight someone was going to die no matter what. Wasn't that said in like the first 5 chapters? Did I miss something?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 4, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2008
bobzanny said:
I'm confused, I thought that if two or plus Teigu ever got into a fight someone was going to die no matter what. Wasn't that said in like the first 5 chapters? Did I miss something?

The rules of this world have been broken so many times it's honestly laughable.
Sep 4, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
Farabeuf said:
Darklight0303 said:
And Akame just forgets her initial goal to take Wave's Teigu in order to setup a confrontation. Is the author even trying at this point? forgetting plot elements he put up in the first place

Indeed. At some point I feel the mangaka completely lost his inspiration writing this story. It's a shame because it was pretty decent in the beginning when the first translations came out. But the last 20 chapters or so have been downhill.

It's go on downhill since Wild Hunt arc. Before that, the manga was decent.

bobzanny said:

That rule has been broken many times. By example, Run survives his two first encounters with Night Raid (the fight with Akame before the fight with Ibara and the time that he intercepts Night Raid's Flying Manta). And in the battle with Esdeath in the Cathedral any Teigu user died.

About the chapter, I like it, but I'm pretty sure that Kurome will not survive to the end of the manga T.T. And I wish that Takahiro gives Wave a decent fight before ending the manga, except for Syura, the guy had been defeated or deceiving in every fight he had.
IllyricusSep 9, 2015 3:16 PM
Sep 4, 2015 11:42 PM

Dec 2013
bobzanny said:

Only if both sides have intent to kill. Akame wanted Wave to bring out Kurome.
Sep 4, 2015 11:44 PM

Dec 2013
Illyricus said:
bobzanny said:

That rule has been broken many times. By example, Run survives his two first encounters with Night Raid (the fight with Akame before the fight with Ibara and the time that he intercepts Night Raid's Flying Manta). And in the battle with Esdeath in the Cathedral any Teigu user died.

The rule only applies when both sides have intent to kill. Night Raid's target was Boric. Not the Jaegers.
Sep 5, 2015 5:06 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty interesting chapter, finally Akame's character is developed a bit more. Wave is one of the few sane people in the series, as some people have already pointed out.

I hope Leone survives if fighting ensues in the next chapter.
Sep 5, 2015 6:39 AM
Sep 2015
So akame knew she couldn't win straight up,then played mind games with wave to make him Vulnerble,that's what experience does,wave needs to get more experience seriously.
Sep 5, 2015 9:21 AM
Jul 2009
David_Nwachukwu said:
So akame knew she couldn't win straight up,then played mind games with wave to make him Vulnerble,that's what experience does,wave needs to get more experience seriously.

Playing mind games made it easier for Akame, but she had the advantage since the start. He couldn't land a single hit on her, and she did manage to break his armor. Wave doesn't stand a chance against Akame if she gets serious because she's not only more experienced than him, but also way faster.

If they fight again, Akame will outclass him even more because she found another weak point on his armor during this fight (the area behind his knees).
1idd0kunSep 5, 2015 9:26 AM
Sep 5, 2015 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
1idd0kun said:
David_Nwachukwu said:

Playing mind games made it easier for Akame, but she had the advantage since the start. He couldn't land a single hit on her, and she did manage to break his armour. Wave doesn't stand a chance against Akame if she gets serious because she's not only more experienced than him, but also way faster.

If they fight again, Akame will outclass him even more because she found another weak point on his armour during this fight (the area behind his knees).

First off akame didn't have any advantage at first,her whole fight against wave was dependent on him loosing his composure,this was clearly stated in the narration,furthermore he couldn't land a hit again because of his mental state,he kept bull rushing and thus his attacks were easily dodged,added on that akame had trained in that kind of place all her life while wave had no experience with mountain areas save his fiasco with tatsumi. Merely comparing wave's fighting when he took on akame,lubbock and mine to this fight,it's clear as day of the differences,one had him composed and handling all the trio while keeping a watch out for mine's blast and noticing lubbock's concealed strings,the other lost his composure and just rushed in,had that one faced the trio,he would have been beaten almost immediately.
Furthermore,the narration made it clear akame bluffed in some of her claims indeed held back the three of them,and it also made it clear,that waves composure was slipping,making his blows sloppy and allowing akame to hit him in the same spot many time which is the only way she broke his armour and the environment played a big part too. Btw akame did go all out,she said so herself.
Should they meet again,assuming wave remains the same mentally,then this fight would repeat itself,should wave however improve his mental prowess or at least maintain his cool like in their first ecounter,then the advantage would swing,because now akame has no more tricks,wave already has seen his weakness,and they won't always fight in a mountaineous region.hitting the same spot twice,let alone many times would prove quite difficult if wave is focused.
Sep 5, 2015 1:23 PM
Sep 2015
No one is gonna beat akame ofcourse,that is a given,the show is named after her,I believe their fight might be similar to the anime,where wave tries to stop it but tatsumi convinces him not to. I really don't want wave to die.
David_NwachukwuSep 5, 2015 1:32 PM
Sep 5, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
There are a lot of people saying Akame can't lose but when I read comments like this it feels almost as ominous as a death flag itself. Not even totally sure why but I do that the author isn't anticipating such opinions with an intent to blindside the fan base entirely.
Sep 5, 2015 3:13 PM
Jul 2009
David_Nwachukwu said:
First off akame didn't have any advantage at first,her whole fight against wave was dependent on him loosing his composure,this was clearly stated in the narration.

No. The narration just said that it was part of her plan, not that her plan was totally dependent on it. Besides, Wave only started to lose his cool when Akame outright told him about her strategy, but at that point she had already landed like three solid hits on him while he had been unable to counter attack. So she did had the advantage from the start, even before he started to lose his composure.

furthermore he couldn't land a hit again because of his mental state,he kept bull rushing and thus his attacks were easily dodged

Like I said above, this isn't true. When the fight just started he was okay, mentally speaking, but he still couldn't land a single hit on her. The reason is because she's faster than him.

Merely comparing wave's fighting when he took on akame,lubbock and mine to this fight,it's clear as day of the differences,one had him composed and handling all the trio while keeping a watch out for mine's blast and noticing lubbock's concealed strings,the other lost his composure and just rushed in,had that one faced the trio,he would have been beaten almost immediately.

Like Akame said in this chapter, she wasn't fully focused on Wave at that time. She was too preoccupied in getting to the church to carry out her mission. That's why Wave could land a hit on her back then. This wasn't bluffing, as you can see Akame attacked Wave head on in that fight. If Akame was fully focused on the fight, she would have never attacked him that way, since it was too fucking reckless and that's not the way Akame usually fights.

Furthermore,the narration made it clear akame bluffed in some of her claims indeed held back the three of them,and it also made it clear,that waves composure was slipping,making his blows sloppy and allowing akame to hit him in the same spot many time which is the only way she broke his armour and the environment played a big part too

The narration is kinda mistranslated though. Wave losing his cool wasn't helping him and it was part of Akame's plan, but she wasn't bluffing.

Btw akame did go all out,she said so herself.

Of course she did. And she also stopped when Waves' armor started to break because she wanted to talk with him. If she didn't stop, he would have been dead shortly after.

should wave however improve his mental prowess or at least maintain his cool like in their first ecounter,then the advantage would swing,because now akame has no more tricks

Even if he improves his mental prowess, chances are she will kick his ass again, because she's faster, and also because she discovered other weak points in Wave's armor (like the back of his knees), and Wave's probably unaware of those weak points. Next time he will expect her to go for the same strategy, only to get the surprise of his life when she attacks the back of his knees instead, where she won't even need to hit several times to break the armor because the armor is weaker there.
1idd0kunSep 5, 2015 3:36 PM
Sep 5, 2015 4:32 PM

Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Illyricus said:

The rule only applies when both sides have intent to kill. Night Raid's target was Boric. Not the Jaegers.

What a cheap fucking loophole.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 5, 2015 4:35 PM
Jul 2009
bobzanny said:
G_Spark233 said:

It's not a loophole because it was never a literal rule. That's just figurative speech.
Sep 5, 2015 5:38 PM

Oct 2014
1idd0kun said:

It's not a loophole because it was never a literal rule. That's just figurative speech.

Admittedly, I've also had my own share of confusion regarding this. So somehow, it is a huge load off to hear someone actually state it outright.
Sep 5, 2015 6:16 PM

Oct 2011
David_Nwachukwu said:
Merely comparing wave's fighting when he took on akame,lubbock and mine to this fight,it's clear as day of the differences,one had him composed and handling all the trio while keeping a watch out for mine's blast and noticing lubbock's concealed strings,the other lost his composure and just rushed in,had that one faced the trio,he would have been beaten almost immediately.

Wave never actually took those 3 down, the only reason that happened was because their main focus was getting into the cathedral while Esdeath was fighting the other 4, the author even explained on this chapter.
If you keep saying that Wave got beaten simply because he wasn't focusing, we can just simply say that the only reason he got that moment of glory of his, is because the other 3 weren't focusing aswell.

Akame would still win the fight even if Wave was serious, at this point the only one that Wave could possibly beat is Leone, but I'm pretty sure he's going to get some buff like Tatsumi, only then he might have a chance against Akame.

Now with that moment of glory of his being explained the only reason for us to believe he's THAT strong is because he beat Syura, but is that even worth mentioning?Heck the whole WH thing was a waste of time.
-ZET-Sep 5, 2015 6:40 PM
Sep 5, 2015 8:55 PM

Dec 2013
bobzanny said:
G_Spark233 said:

It's more Night Raid being assassins than "a cheap fucking loophole."
Sep 6, 2015 2:09 AM
Sep 2015
1idd0kun said:
David_Nwachukwu said:
First off akame didn't have any advantage at first,her whole fight against wave was dependent on him loosing his composure,this was clearly stated in the narration.

No. The narration just said that it was part of her plan, not that her plan was totally dependent on it. Besides, Wave only started to lose his cool when Akame outright told him about her strategy, but at that point she had already landed like three solid hits on him while he had been unable to counter attack. So she did had the advantage from the start, even before he started to lose his composure.

furthermore he couldn't land a hit again because of his mental state,he kept bull rushing and thus his attacks were easily dodged

Like I said above, this isn't true. When the fight just started he was okay, mentally speaking, but he still couldn't land a single hit on her. The reason is because she's faster than him.

Like Akame said in this chapter, she wasn't fully focused on Wave at that time. She was too preoccupied in getting to the church to carry out her mission. That's why Wave could land a hit on her back then. This wasn't bluffing, as you can see Akame attacked Wave head on in that fight. If Akame was fully focused on the fight, she would have never attacked him that way, since it was too fucking reckless and that's not the way Akame usually fights.

Furthermore,the narration made it clear akame bluffed in some of her claims indeed held back the three of them,and it also made it clear,that waves composure was slipping,making his blows sloppy and allowing akame to hit him in the same spot many time which is the only way she broke his armour and the environment played a big part too

The narration is kinda mistranslated though. Wave losing his cool wasn't helping him and it was part of Akame's plan, but she wasn't bluffing.

Btw akame did go all out,she said so herself.

Of course she did. And she also stopped when Waves' armor started to break because she wanted to talk with him. If she didn't stop, he would have been dead shortly after.

should wave however improve his mental prowess or at least maintain his cool like in their first ecounter,then the advantage would swing,because now akame has no more tricks

Even if he improves his mental prowess, chances are she will kick his ass again, because she's faster, and also because she discovered other weak points in Wave's armor (like the back of his knees), and Wave's probably unaware of those weak points. Next time he will expect her to go for the same strategy, only to get the surprise of his life when she attacks the back of his knees instead, where she won't even need to hit several times to break the armor because the armor is weaker there.

1) I just re read the chapter to make sure,and it didn't say 'part of the plan',it said it was her 'true plan' furthermore supporting my argument. After akame's speech on how to blow past him and all,the narration again pointed out that wave holding off all the trio was true but that he was losing his composure and was panicking. You got proof the translations are wrong? Also after akame's speech the narration pointed out she said only 'partial truths' aka she was bluffing at some points. I dnt know if I can post scans here.

2)Akame always attacks head on,this is the FIRST she has had to use mind games on someone to get an upperhand,you said it urself,attacking him head on would be damn reckless,why?,because in a physical confrontation he is too strong. The difference in their fight here is that she chose to outplay and outsmart him rather than attempt to overpower him. Hence the mind games

3)Seeing as wave was able to feel each time his armour got chipped,I am pretty sure he could tell which parts got chipped easier than others,but then again he might not,time will tell
Sep 6, 2015 4:12 AM
Jul 2009
David_Nwachukwu said:

1) I just re read the chapter to make sure,and it didn't say 'part of the plan',it said it was her 'true plan' furthermore supporting my argument. After akame's speech on how to blow past him and all,the narration again pointed out that wave holding off all the trio was true but that he was losing his composure and was panicking. You got proof the translations are wrong? Also after akame's speech the narration pointed out she said only 'partial truths' aka she was bluffing at some points. I dnt know if I can post scans here.

2)Akame always attacks head on,this is the FIRST she has had to use mind games on someone to get an upperhand,you said it urself,attacking him head on would be damn reckless,why?,because in a physical confrontation he is too strong. The difference in their fight here is that she chose to outplay and outsmart him rather than attempt to overpower him. Hence the mind games

What I meant by attacking head on is rushing at the enemy from the get go. Akame almost never does this unless she knows it will work. She usually takes her time before attacking and also thinks clearly during the fight. This is more obvious in Zero, where she has more screentime. For example in her fight against Taeko, she analyzes Taeko's movements the whole time, and even manages to trick Taeko by exploiting her expectations. Additionally, Taeko also commented on Akame's speed. Speed and brains, that's Akame's true style. Also note how Akame deliberately changes her movement patterns when she's fighting Esdeath in the rescue arc in order to confuse her. And that little trick does work on Esdeath for a moment. Of course, Esdeath being the overpowered bitch she is, she puts herself together fairly quickly, but this little moment shows again how Akame is always using her head when fighting. It's part of her training as an elite assassin. Her style is all about analyzing the opponent (unless the enemy is considerably weaker than her) the whole time.

It's true that Wave is physically stronger than Akame with his armor, but she's faster and more agile, and that means it won't be easy for him to land a hit on her, and if he doesn't land a hit, all his physical power is meaningless. Note that Akame landed three solid hits on Wave and dodged all his attacks BEFORE she started to play mind-games with him. This makes it clear that while psyching him out made things easier for her, her main advantage over him was her superior speed and agility. Even if he managed to stay calm, Akame would still have that advantage.

The only reason Wave managed to get the drop on Akame during the Boric assassination arc was because she rushed at him recklessly as she was focused on getting to Boric as fast as she could. Otherwise there's little chance he would have managed to do that.

Let's make it clear here. Akame is faster and more agile than him, is smarter and has a lot more experience than him, has been taught all the psychological trick you could imagine as part of her assassin training, and is herself psychologically tougher than him, as she was trained to switch off her emotions when fighting.

Wave's advantages are his superior physical strength and the protection given by his armor, a protection that is not without weak points.

All in all, Akame has a clear superiority.

3)Seeing as wave was able to feel each time his armour got chipped,I am pretty sure he could tell which parts got chipped easier than others,but then again he might not,time will tell

Akame didn't attack the back of his knees in this fight though. She just deduced that it was a weak point because the armor looks thinner there. He certainly doesn't know that Akame has discovered that weak point, so if they fight again and Akame attacks that area, it definitely will take him by surprise.

That's why I think they won't fight again. If they do, I'm pretty sure she will kill him, and I don't think Takahiro has the intention of killing off Wave so he probably will keep them apart.
1idd0kunSep 6, 2015 5:28 AM
Sep 6, 2015 10:58 AM
Sep 2014
-ZET- said:
I may be wrong, but I really don't remember Akame fighting anyone on her level or similar.

I'd like to think Zank gave her a hard time. He may be an early opponent, (like chapter 4 I think) but he had quite a powerful Teigu that allowed him to contend with Akame. Sure, he could predict her movements with his ability, but its another thing to be able to react to her attacks and not get blitzed, as well as giving her a few cuts.

I actually wouldn't put Wave on Akame's level yet; his strength is excellent but his other stats are lacking compared to a completely-focused Akame. The only reason he didn't get stomped is because Akame needs to land a dozen hits instead of one. Even Ibara had a better chance against her, losing only in the intelligence department.

Although I guess it can be argued that Akame had no forest advantage against Zank nor Ibara.
Teedog12Sep 6, 2015 11:10 AM
Sep 6, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
Teedog12 said:
-ZET- said:
I may be wrong, but I really don't remember Akame fighting anyone on her level or similar.

I'd like to think Zank gave her a hard time. He may be an early opponent, (like chapter 4 I think) but he had quite a powerful Teigu that allowed him to contend with Akame. Sure, he could predict her movements with his ability, but its another thing to be able to react to her attacks and not get blitzed, as well as giving her a few cuts.

Zank was a very difficult opponent indeed. I mean, his Teigu was very useful and he was a good fighter. He only lost when he used his ilusion on Akame (because the Kurome factor), that did her to break his blades with Murasame. If Zank wouldn't be that insane, I'm sure that he would give a more hard battle to Akame and would kill Tatsumi.

About Wave, like Esdeath said in the chapter when he let Tasumi escape, his weakness is that despite he is a good fighter, he is mentally weak, and like we have appreciated in this fight, Wave becomes nervous when fighting with Akame and that has put him in disadvantage and unable to counter Akame's plan.

Wave needs to improve, but in a psychological aspect, although I think that Grand Chariot could be better. I mean, his only move is Grand Fall, I would like to see a better version of the Teigu.
Sep 7, 2015 1:51 AM
May 2015
This manga has been on a downhill spiral for a long time

The manga just keeps crapping on characters to force angst and drama. Wave is probably the only decent character left and he's gotten reduced to almost fodder level it's sickening. And the Kurome Akame conflict is wearing out thin
Sep 7, 2015 6:17 AM
Sep 2015
Trentor11 said:

The manga just keeps crapping on characters to force angst and drama. Wave is probably the only decent character left and he's gotten reduced to almost fodder level it's sickening. And the Kurome Akame conflict is wearing out thin

Agreed. At this point I'm tired of hearing about the sisters conflict. A fight between those two isn't even anything to look forward to.

1. Akame is the title character

2. Akame is overpowered.

3. Kurome was severely injured

4. Kurome lost the majority of her puppets

5. Kurome is going to die eventually anyway if she doesn't go to the fountain of life.

6. Akame will be needed to finish off Esdeath or an out of control Tyrant Tatsumi

Logic doesn't just indicate that Akame will kill Kurome, but that she'll do it very easily. They can talk about the fountain of life all they want, but they've spent way too much time enforcing the idea of a future battle with those two for it to not happen.

Don't even get me started on Wave. The only decent character who could have done so much more. I do not want to remember him this weak. :(
Sep 7, 2015 7:01 AM

Jan 2015
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:
Trentor11 said:

Agreed. At this point I'm tired of hearing about the sisters conflict. A fight between those two isn't even anything to look forward to.

2. Akame is overpowered.

5. Kurome is going to die eventually anyway if she doesn't go to the fountain of life.

6. Akame will be needed to finish off Esdeath or an out of control Tyrant Tatsumi

Logic doesn't just indicate that Akame will kill Kurome, but that she'll do it very easily. They can talk about the fountain of life all they want, but they've spent way too much time enforcing the idea of a future battle with those two for it to not happen.

Don't even get me started on Wave. The only decent character who could have done so much more. I do not want to remember him this weak. :(

Wave. The only decent character? This shonen stereotype? Seems like we didn't see the same show, or we don't have the same vision of a decent character... He's the quintessence of the depthless character... Boring and uninterresting, as the majority of the others characters.
If there is well a character to keep in mind in AgK, it's Esdeath, if we are able to forget this superficial sadistic aspect, which just exists for the entertainment. Thanks to her original and non-Manichean personality which was interresting to follow, her BG which is literally the only one to be relevant and truly sad and her character development about her feelings.

Throw all other characters of this wasted (maybe not?) show to the trash can, ready for the scrap heap !

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Sep 7, 2015 7:06 AM

Jan 2008
toncue12 said:
If there is well a character to keep in mind in AgK, it's Esdeath

Stopped reading here.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Sep 7, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2013
Esdeath is interesting to an extent, but her sue powers are really incoherents. I would not be surprised to seeing her doing a Kamehameha in her next battle.
IllyricusSep 7, 2015 7:18 AM
Sep 7, 2015 7:23 AM

Jan 2015
Junchi said:
toncue12 said:
If there is well a character to keep in mind in AgK, it's Esdeath

Stopped reading here.

Thx for your useless intervention, little pink poney.

Illyricus said:
Esdeath is interesting to an extent, but her sue powers are really incoherents. I would not be surprised to seeing her doing a Kamehameha in her next battle.

Esdeath is OP since the beginning... And mahapadma has a decent explanation ( Freeze water molecules in the area) If that's what you have in mind. However, her new power which allows her to fly is indeed strange.

Sep 7, 2015 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
toncue12 said:
And mahapadma has a decent explanation ( Freeze water molecules in the area) If that's what you have in mind.

It's that true?, I don't remember that, the wiki's description says another thing:

Mahapadma: The trump card of Demon's Extract which freezes space and time. When used, space and time are frozen and only the user can move for short period of time. This ability is very taxing on its user and can only be used once a day. She originally developed this technique to prevent Tatsumi from escaping again after his escape at Mt. Fake. However, after the adaptation of Incursio, he is able to move freely while this ability is active.

I know that a wiki it's editable, but I don't think that the wiki editors would commit an error like that. It only freezes all the enemies on an area, I'm okay with this, but it Mahapadma ability is freezing (stopping) the time-space, I don't buy that and only make Esdeath OP for the sake of being OP.
Sep 7, 2015 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
toncue12 said:

Nothing much. Just keep entertaining us.
Sep 7, 2015 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
Junchi said:
toncue12 said:

Nothing much. Just keep entertaining us.

Well... I'm satisfied to amuse you despite the relevance gap between our answers... But i'm not sure you will spend a better day by inventing a life by believing to have friends who agree with you (indicated by the use of "us"). I hope the nature of your entertainment is not in link with your incapacity to give arguments. It is what we would call a sick reaction.
If i'm right, then back to your little poney world for ever ! Or the scrap heap.

Sep 7, 2015 3:53 PM

Mar 2014
toncue12 said:
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:

2. Akame is overpowered.

Wave. The only decent character? This shonen stereotype? Seems like we didn't see the same show, or we don't have the same vision of a decent character... He's the quintessence of the depthless character... Boring and uninterresting, as the majority of the others characters.
If there is well a character to keep in mind in AgK, it's Esdeath, if we are able to forget this superficial sadistic aspect, which just exists for the entertainment. Thanks to her original and non-Manichean personality which was interresting to follow, her BG which is literally the only one to be relevant and truly sad and her character development about her feelings.

Throw all other characters of this wasted (maybe not?) show to the trash can, ready for the scrap heap !

Esdeath is a cliche sadist character with a very cringeworthy obsession with the main character. Her BG is alright but my original statement mixed with her inconsistent bullshit power set makes me wonder how in the world you think this chick is original? I could write paragraphs of her tropes kid.

Also you mention character development where she has little but. Having a BG doesn't equal development. She fails because she fails to do what she was made to be which was supposed to be a decent antagonist/character. If you claim all the other characters are boring and uninteresting then objectively she should be at the top

Sep 7, 2015 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
akame chapters are perfect
Sep 7, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:

2. Akame is overpowered.

Read this makes me sad, because now the battle would be less exciting. But we don't have to forget that Kurome still have Run as a puppet, and he is a Teigu user, so I think that he might be make the battle more intense. I don't think that Akame is going to lose anyway, but at least it will be Akame vs two Teigu users. I only hope that the battle don't be like the anime's one, with the Danger Beast coming out of nowhere bullshit.
Sep 7, 2015 4:57 PM

Jan 2015
TheGrandSage23 said:
toncue12 said:

Esdeath is a cliche sadist character with a very cringeworthy obsession with the main character. Her BG is alright but my original statement mixed with her inconsistent bullshit power set makes me wonder how in the world you think this chick is original? I could write paragraphs of her tropes kid.

Also you mention character development where she has little but. Having a BG doesn't equal development. She fails because she fails to do what she was made to be which was supposed to be a decent antagonist/character. If you claim all the other characters are boring and uninteresting then objectively she should be at the top

Don't care of powers... It is not that which builds a character... To say "Esdeath is a cliche sadist character with a very cringeworthy obsession with the main character", I can say in return that you didn't see many manga, yanderes are extremely rare in the shonen world...
You appeal to the objectivity, while you are not capable of passing above this superficial sadistic aspect which I quoted...

If we are truly objective, Esdeath represents 80% of the interest of this poor manga. Why? Because almost everything turns around her. Esdeath is the intrigue. You manage even to claim that certain characters would be less boring, while they are even no characters, at such a level of mediocrity. I can't really give a credit to that.

Why I think she's original?... Because her presence as antagonist (non-manichean, i call back) is unique for a shonen. Of course, if we speak abouts seinens, that would be different.

Sep 7, 2015 5:50 PM

Oct 2011
Why are you people even arguing about characters in this manga?

I love AKG manga, I've read all of the chapters for like 4 times already, I really love how there's no "you're a good character, you can't die" experience in this and honestly, this is the only reason why I love this manga.

However, if I actually look at the things, there nothing else special in this manga, there's no genius, super interesting character and no interesting plot aswell, heck the villains in this manga all have the same mentality except for Esdeath and Budou.

Speaking of Budou, he was the only thing that could make this manga have a interesting plot, the first ever villain to not have a thirst for battle nor be a corrupt fuck, also the fact that he wanted to change the empire from the inside, this was a perfect thing for a good villain, but apparently that's too good for this manga.

But seriously the only reason why I keep reading AKG is because of that factor and because of both Esdeath and Akame, anything else is just meh.
-ZET-Sep 7, 2015 6:21 PM
Sep 8, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
-ZET- said:
Speaking of Budou, he was the only thing that could make this manga have a interesting plot, the first ever villain to not have a thirst for battle nor be a corrupt fuck, also the fact that he wanted to change the empire from the inside, this was a perfect thing for a good villain, but apparently that's too good for this manga.

Budo was seriously wasted, I mean, he was the first enemy of the Empire that was not loyal to Honest (Wave and Bols were nice guys, but they still support Honest) and he may have been a third party in the Empire that could allowed Run and Wave's goal to change the Empire from the inside. Also he could have been a powerful ally to fight Esdeath, who everytime has a new power to make her more OP and I don't think that that explanation from Najenda than to defeat her it would been needed a great army and 10 teigu users (including Akame) it will perform. TyrantTatsumi! and Akame will fight Esdeath and that's it.

But not only that, instead, Takahiro did Budo very stupid (he did not support the Revolutionary Army when is the most easy way to defeat Honest) and he used him as a mere Villain of the Week to show how overpower Pumpkin is. He had potential, but like the majority of the characters of the manga, he was wasted.

Honestly, since WH introduction this has gone downhill. The only characters that I care for now are Wave and Kurome, and I'm sure that she is going to die.
Sep 8, 2015 2:18 PM

Feb 2012
Akame is badass
Sep 11, 2015 3:07 PM

May 2015
i like this chap, especially at leone's massage:v
Sep 11, 2015 7:25 PM
Jul 2010
G_Spark233 said:
bobzanny said:

we all know AgK!'s writing is not the best lol. Didn't Wave say he was gonna bring "[Akame's] head back on a silver platter" last chapter? (may have been a thing lost in translation on Mangastream's part). I'm pretty sure that means he had the intent to kill her.... but didn't. And no one died..
Sep 11, 2015 8:26 PM

Apr 2008
RemixX said:
G_Spark233 said:

we all know AgK!'s writing is not the best lol. Didn't Wave say he was gonna bring "[Akame's] head back on a silver platter" last chapter? (may have been a thing lost in translation on Mangastream's part). I'm pretty sure that means he had the intent to kill her.... but didn't. And no one died..

Not only that. Akame herself said she wanted to capture the Teigu from Wave. And yet this chapter she just forgets it it in order to hamfistedly set up a confrontation between herself and Kuroma.

The author clearly only knows how to do things hamfistedly. Romance plot progression, all with the grace of a rabid minotaur in a china shop
Sep 11, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2013
RemixX said:
G_Spark233 said:

Akame's goal was for Wave to bring out Kurome. She wasn't plan on killing Wave then ask him to bring out Kurome.
Sep 11, 2015 8:31 PM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
RemixX said:

Akame's goal was for Wave to bring out Kurome. She wasn't plan on killing Wave then ask him to bring out Kurome.

Last chapter she says this is her chance to capture this Teigu. Pretty sure capturing that Teigu would not happen while Wave was alive.
Sep 11, 2015 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Last chapter she says this is her chance to capture this Teigu. Pretty sure capturing that Teigu would not happen while Wave was alive.

I think that was a mistranslation. Mangastream's translation shouldn't be trusted too much with this series.
Sep 11, 2015 11:28 PM

Jan 2008
G_Spark233 said:
I think that was a mistranslation. Mangastream's translation shouldn't be trusted too much with this series.

This.

I wouldn't give the Mangastream TL that much credit which has been proved many times, just think ch57 where Tatsumi wanted to use Susanoo's trump card (Jesus Christ).
Sep 12, 2015 12:06 AM

Sep 2013
Calling it now, Wave is going to get a sword for his Grand Chariot.
Incursio already gets its obligatory spear, so why shouldn't Wave get one?
He probably doesn't realise he can get one yet.
Sep 12, 2015 12:37 AM

Jul 2012
Damn it, I felt like this chapter kept shoving in my face to read the prequel manga to fully enjoy future chapters. Especially when Akame meets her old comrades again.
Sep 12, 2015 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Then by all means provide the true translation. Until then I'm going to continue calling bullshit on an author who has lost his pride as an author long ago
Sep 12, 2015 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Then by all means provide the true translation. Until then I'm going to continue calling bullshit on an author who has lost his pride as an author long ago

Since I'm not a translator I can't really say for certain but my guess is wthat she said that she was going to break though the armour rather than capturing it. That would make a lot more sense.

Junchi said:
I wouldn't give the Mangastream TL that much credit which has been proved many times, just think ch57 where Tatsumi wanted to use Susanoo's trump card (Jesus Christ).
lol yea that was retarded. Just FYI I'm pretty sure that he was Tatsumi was comparing himself to Susanoo and his trump card with how both have limited uses. That would also make a lot more sense.
Sep 12, 2015 4:02 AM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Since I'm not a translator I can't really say for certain but my guess is wthat she said that she was going to break though the armour rather than capturing it. That would make a lot more sense.

Junchi said:
lol yea that was retarded. Just FYI I'm pretty sure that he was Tatsumi was comparing himself to Susanoo and his trump card with how both have limited uses. That would also make a lot more sense.

Capture and break through sound NOTHING alike in japanese. Even I know that much
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Nov 20, 2016

115 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 21, 2014

755 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 27, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IdentityAngel - Jan 14, 2014

81 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.